Most Overrated game of all Time. Mine's Zelda OoT

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Twilight Princess is way more overrated then OoT.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Every GTA released. Also MGS4 and Infamous.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

1. No game uses the horribly bad collisioning sword combat of which you speak. 2. Most of the game has the same atmosphere with only slight differences when you catually look. 3. Midi files suck. 4. Level design was repetitive. Object placement was ugh, 5.elaborate 6. I see you can't count. 7.There's only one area in the game that is open world. 8.Yes, I want the Block Spider to destroy my Block elf that looks like it only has 4 colors with no detail at all unlike the walls around me which have more detail. 9. Also many of the same puzzles, that are seen not just in this game. 10.There really isn't that many side quests I am afraid. 11. Time Travel in gameplay? Also, time traveling is not new and the story did not use it as well as it should. A few more things: Terrible camera that has no control unless you use the Z button. (Yet some game have no manual camera controls at all but you can manipulate it better.) No personality. Blocky models that sometimes don't match the enviorment. Rehashed designs. 4 frame animations. Terrible aiming. In fact, you will probably miss, even when the target is moving slowly.

Captainqwark10

I know that everybody has their most overrated game ever and everybody has their reasons, however, having a bad collision? that's just plain wrong.

You must like COD.

Even if COD were some weird franchise with the ability to ruin my perception of hitting detection in a video game, you would still be wrong.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

1. No game uses the horribly bad collisioning sword combat of which you speak. 2. Most of the game has the same atmosphere with only slight differences when you catually look. 3. Midi files suck. 4. Level design was repetitive. Object placement was ugh, 5.elaborate 6. I see you can't count. 7.There's only one area in the game that is open world. 8.Yes, I want the Block Spider to destroy my Block elf that looks like it only has 4 colors with no detail at all unlike the walls around me which have more detail. 9. Also many of the same puzzles, that are seen not just in this game. 10.There really isn't that many side quests I am afraid. 11. Time Travel in gameplay? Also, time traveling is not new and the story did not use it as well as it should. A few more things: Terrible camera that has no control unless you use the Z button. (Yet some game have no manual camera controls at all but you can manipulate it better.) No personality. Blocky models that sometimes don't match the enviorment. Rehashed designs. 4 frame animations. Terrible aiming. In fact, you will probably miss, even when the target is moving slowly.

NaveedLife

I know that everybody has their most overrated game ever and everybody has their reasons, however, having a bad collision? that's just plain wrong.

Yep. No idea where this came from. I still think people just love to hate on popular games *shrugs*.

You do have the right to dislike any game sure, however, sometimes people just troll for the sake of, its like if i were saying that i hated Crysis because of the horrible graphics.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

You must like COD.

Even if COD were some weird franchise with the ability to ruin my perception of hitting detection in a video game, you would still be wrong.

lol yep. I own every zelda and not once have I thought the hit detection was off. And TC, it is clear you just want to hate the game or it is not your style.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] Never mentioned Story but ok. Please name me ten things this game did that should have impressed me.

Captainqwark10

ten things? ok, i guess....

1. revolutionary sword combat

2. atmosphere

3. soundtrack

4. level desing

5. great bosses

7. great art design costant trought the large open world map

8. enemy design

9. great puzzles in and out of dungeons

10. great sidequests and lots of incetives to explore

11. great use of time travel in both gameplay and story

1. You just called the sword combat in OoT bad. I'm actually amazed. Show me a game released in 98 or prior with combat that comes close.

2. How is having similar atmosphere throughout the game bad? that's not bad. It's suppossed to be good not varied. And the atmosphere is not the same. The time travel changes it dramatically, there is no way you can argue against this. The town changes from a happy one, full of people to a destroyed one full of zombies.

3. midi files? what is that? anyways is that your argument against the soundtrack?

4. How is it repetitive? you are the one who is supposed to elaborate on this one.

6. :oops:

7. What is this i don't even. No, dude. The whole game is open world. There is one central area from where you can access most of the locations in the game. This doesn't mean the whole game is not open world. Just no.

8. what are you talking about? you are complaining about detail in a 12 year old game? how old are you?

9. I have no idea what you mean here. Can you make it clearer?

10. The game is quite long. There isn't that many sidequests but there are many and they are quite good.

11. Didn't say time travel was new. :? You are the one who needs to elaborate on it not being used well.

and "Terrible camera that has no control unless you use the Z button." :lol:

unless you use the Z button? what is this? the Z button is the one meant to move the camera why would you be able to move it without it....

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#57 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Grand Theft Auto IV.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I would like to suggest CoD for most overrated game ever. take your pick on the exact titledarkspineslayer

The first one was epic though! Not overrated at all! Personally I think halo 2 is the most overrated game of all time. There are many things wrong with that game that were overlooked.. same with the first.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

GTA games. Jeez these titles are not fun.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#60 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm not sure if I consider anything really "overrated". I guess I'd say a game I didn't enjoy as much as others was GTAIV. I got bored of it half way through and never finished the single player.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 alfredooo

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] Never mentioned Story but ok. Please name me ten things this game did that should have impressed me.

Shielder7

2. atmosphere

3. soundtrack

4. level desing

5. great bosses

8. enemy design

Maybe It's a matter of opinion, but most of those things you mentioned failed to impress me. "You also forgot 6 but I'll let that slide"

1. Sword combat was far from revolutionary, it was ok but nothing special in that influenced genre of games like Devil May Cry, or Prince of Persia 2. Zelda 2 for it's time had better combat IMO

2. Atmosphere was Meh I think it faild on alot of levels in that it never sucked you in or made you fell helpless like in Castlevania, Zelda 2 or more recently Demon souls. OoT to me nerver quite knew what atomosphere it wanted to be happy go lucky or dark and drey and ended up being mediocre at both.

3 Sound track was less than Meh for me. That Ocarina music was a pain more than anything.

4. level desing was nothing special

5. "great bosses" opinionated and I've seen better even for the time

6." great art design" opinionated, but it was ok

7. "enemy design" opinionated but ok; nothing to blow you out of the water tho.

8. "great puzzles in and out of dungeons" opinionated and I felt the puzzles to be lacking in number and complexity other zelda games have done a much better job.

9. "great sidequests and lots of incetives to explore" opinionated and I disagree the side quests were lacking and IMO not very fun as well as meaningless.

10. "great use of time travel in both gameplay and story" opinionated and I personally thought it was redundant and just there to add confusion.

Yea agreed with your first sentence, we always try to make arguments as obejective as possible on here but at the end of the day opinion is still the one ruling everything.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#62 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

A Zelda game being called repetitive... now I just have to hear the US killed Osama and I'll have seen everything.

felipebo

Did you read the Article on Yahoo or just about every news site?

I guess you've already seen everything.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I would like to suggest CoD for most overrated game ever. take your pick on the exact titleEspada12

The first one was epic though! Not overrated at all! Personally I think halo 2 is the most overrated game of all time. There are many things wrong with that game that were overlooked.. same with the first.

The only thing I really find terrible about Halo 2 is that it is epicly short and the end boss was terrible (especially in co-op). Worse cliffhanger ever imo.
Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I would like to suggest CoD for most overrated game ever. take your pick on the exact titlegamefan67

The only thing I really find terrible about Halo 2 is that it is epicly short and the end boss was terrible (especially in co-op). Worse cliffhanger ever imo.

and the only thing I found wrong in halo was the repetitive level design.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

2. atmosphere

3. soundtrack

4. level desing

5. great bosses

8. enemy design

alfredooo

1. You just called the sword combat in OoT bad. I'm actually amazed. Show me a game released in 98 or prior with combat that comes close.

2. How is having similar atmosphere throughout the game bad? that's not bad. It's suppossed to be good not varied. And the atmosphere is not the same. The time travel changes it dramatically, there is no way you can argue against this. The town changes from a happy one, full of people to a destroyed one full of zombies.

3. midi files? what is that? anyways is that your argument against the soundtrack?

4. How is it repetitive? you are the one who is supposed to elaborate on this one.

7. What is this i don't even. No, dude. The whole game is open world. There is one central area from where you can access most of the locations in the game. This doesn't mean the whole game is not open world. Just no.

8. what are you talking about? you are complaining about detail in a 12 year old game? how old are you?

10. The game is quite long. There isn't that many sidequests but there are many and they are quite good.

11. Didn't say time travel was new. :? You are the one who needs to elaborate on it not being used well.

unless you use the Z button? what is this? the Z button is the one meant to move the camera why would you be able to move it without it....

1.You haven't shown me what games it does better than and you called it revolutionary.

2.It's not even the fact that its similar, ut the fact that it tries to change it and fails and it still looks similar.

3. Lol.

4. Levels were rehashed designs ans by levels I meant the dungeons. Sometimes with different colors. There are some exceptions.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

7.Dude what is this? The game for the most part is linear except Hyrule Field. It plays just like SM64 otherwise in the way that you have a wide trail but the trail is linear as hell. There are paths that go off the trail but still.

8. Yes, I am complaining about detail in a 12 year old game when games older on the competing system (Playstation) already had more before the game was out. 15 year old Nintendo fanboy confirmed.

9. Not only are some of these puzzles used from other Zeldas, which in some ways is fine, but some are not even from the series. But the main problem is the same ones through each game. I am sick of all these game using the LIGHT A FIRE TO ACTIVATE THE OBJECT. goodness.

10. There isn't that many bit there are many?

11.It isn't. It was thrown in there for no reason other than to have an excuse to extend the game time. You already did the generic COLLECT THE 3,5,7 ITEMS TO UNLOCK SOME POWER, now you have to do it again, and going through some more dungeons that barely look any different. But that's still not the real reason.

Using one button to control the camera when the real use of the Z button is to target objects/enemies on screen is a pain in the @$$ and there is no excuse.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] 1. No game uses the horribly bad collisioning sword combat of which you speak. 2. Most of the game has the same atmosphere with only slight differences when you catually look. 3. Midi files suck. 4. Level design was repetitive. Object placement was ugh, 5.elaborate 6. I see you can't count. 7.There's only one area in the game that is open world. 8.Yes, I want the Block Spider to destroy my Block elf that looks like it only has 4 colors with no detail at all unlike the walls around me which have more detail. 9. Also many of the same puzzles, that are seen not just in this game. 10.There really isn't that many side quests I am afraid. 11. Time Travel in gameplay? Also, time traveling is not new and the story did not use it as well as it should. A few more things: Terrible camera that has no control unless you use the Z button. (Yet some game have no manual camera controls at all but you can manipulate it better.) No personality. Blocky models that sometimes don't match the enviorment. Rehashed designs. 4 frame animations. Terrible aiming. In fact, you will probably miss, even when the target is moving slowly.

Captainqwark10

1.You haven't shown me what games it does better than and you called it revolutionary.

2.It's not even the fact that its similar, ut the fact that it tries to change it and fails and it still looks similar.

3. Lol.

4. Levels were rehashed designs ans by levels I meant the dungeons. Sometimes with different colors. There are some exceptions.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

7.Dude what is this? The game for the most part is linear except Hyrule Field. It plays just like SM64 otherwise in the way that you have a wide trail but the trail is linear as hell. There are paths that go off the trail but still.

8. Yes, I am complaining about detail in a 12 year old game when games older on the competing system (Playstation) already had more before the game was out. 15 year old Nintendo fanboy confirmed.

9. Not only are some of these puzzles used from other Zeldas, which in some ways is fine, but some are not even from the series. But the main problem is the same ones through each game. I am sick of all these game using the LIGHT A FIRE TO ACTIVATE THE OBJECT. goodness.

11.It isn't. It was thrown in there for no reason other than to have an excuse to extend the game time. You already did the generic COLLECT THE 3,5,7 ITEMS TO UNLOCK SOME POWER, now you have to do it again, and going through some more dungeons that barely look any different. But that's still not the real reason.

Using one button to control the camera when the real use of the Z button is to target objects/enemies on screen is a pain in the @$$ and there is no excuse.

You sound like you didn't grow up with older gaming systems, but maybe I am wrong. OoT is a classic, deal with it.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

You sound like you didn't grow up with older gaming systems, but maybe I am wrong. OoT is a classic, deal with it.

NaveedLife

It's Overrated deal with it. Opinions are fun

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]You sound like you didn't grow up with older gaming systems, but maybe I am wrong. OoT is a classic, deal with it.

Shielder7

It is not an opinion to say it is a classic. It is a pop culture status that bands like the beatles, rolling stones, and more have reached. It is a status that movies like Forest Gump, Godfather and more have reached. Guess what? So has Ocarina of Time in the video game industry.

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

I feel that the most overrated game is Oblivion... I don't think it's a very good game at all.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NaveedLife

I feel that the most overrated game is Oblivion... I don't think it's a very good game at all.

scottahuch

You are wise :P.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 alfredooo

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] 1. No game uses the horribly bad collisioning sword combat of which you speak. 2. Most of the game has the same atmosphere with only slight differences when you catually look. 3. Midi files suck. 4. Level design was repetitive. Object placement was ugh, 5.elaborate 6. I see you can't count. 7.There's only one area in the game that is open world. 8.Yes, I want the Block Spider to destroy my Block elf that looks like it only has 4 colors with no detail at all unlike the walls around me which have more detail. 9. Also many of the same puzzles, that are seen not just in this game. 10.There really isn't that many side quests I am afraid. 11. Time Travel in gameplay? Also, time traveling is not new and the story did not use it as well as it should. A few more things: Terrible camera that has no control unless you use the Z button. (Yet some game have no manual camera controls at all but you can manipulate it better.) No personality. Blocky models that sometimes don't match the enviorment. Rehashed designs. 4 frame animations. Terrible aiming. In fact, you will probably miss, even when the target is moving slowly.

Captainqwark10

3. Lol.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

I won't elaborate on 5 because that would require going trough the details of every boss, do you wanna go there?

1. How about enemy targeting?:| its pretty much the general concensus that it revolutionized sword combat. You disagree for some reason, but don't tell me why.

2. You are honestly telling me places like market and the castle entrance/courtyard don't change dramatically? wow The enviorenments are very varied, lake region, mountain volcano region, desert region, forest region etc

3. So you have no argument against the soundtrack then? nice, so we can assume that it's good. :)

4. How were levels rehashed? Name me dungeons that were rehashed, don't just say there were "exceptions".

6. Hello there

7. The story is linear, so the game can be played in a linear fashion. It is completely open world tho, I didn't expect anyone to claim it isn't. You can go anywhere, anytime you want (with some blocks due to story elements, of course) and towns have plenty of places/houses to go explore. The game is completely open world.

8. Thanks for calling me a nintendo fanboy, there was no need to start with name calling tho. For thE record, I only owned an N64 and got a gamecube by the end of last gen. I don't own a wii and currently have no plans on getting one. Anyways, the graphics were good for the time, almost everyone would agree with that... also the game was open world so that makes the graphcs even more impressive.

9. So you are complaining about the game using some puzzles from other series? and you are sick of lighting torches too? That's cool but I don't see how these speak of the game's quality.

10. My point is there are enough to make the game quite long. You expected more for some reason? You wanted it to be even longer?

11. Again you claim the dungeons look the same. Which ones? You are also complaining about the game being generic. When did you play this game again?

And there is nothing wrong with setting the Z button to both targeting and camera control. You say it's a pain but don't tell me why.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]I would like to suggest CoD for most overrated game ever. take your pick on the exact titlegamefan67

I thought the campaign in it's entirety was horrible and the game was only praised because it had online.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]You sound like you didn't grow up with older gaming systems, but maybe I am wrong. OoT is a classic, deal with it.

Shielder7

First learn what overrated means, then give you're opinion. Overrated is something that gets too much credit for what it does, NOT because someone does not like it or in this case, played the game out of context. OoT is not overrated, you might think it sucks and its boring (which is totally fine) but that doesn't take away how revolutionary that game was.

Overrated is something like Tetris, or Halo. Games that have been done before hundreds of times but came out "at the right time."

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#74 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Half-Life 2.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Deus Ex. Deus Ex times infinity.
Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

mexicangordo

First learn what overrated means, then give you're opinion. Overrated is something that gets too much credit for what it does, NOT because someone does not like it or in this case, played the game out of context. OoT is not overrated, you might think it sucks and its boring (which is totally fine) but that doesn't take away how revolutionary that game was.

Overrated is something like Tetris, or Halo. Games that have been done before hundreds of times but came out "at the right time."

Actually a lot of people think it is; I've already stressed it was ok, but no where near worth a 10/10 so IMO it was Overrated.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

[QUOTE="Shielder7"] It's Overrated deal with it. Opinions are fun

Shielder7

Actually a lot of people think it is; I've already stressed it was ok, but no where near worth a 10/10 so IMO it was Overrated.

And IMO your credibility goes right out the window when you see that you have rated Super Mario Galaxy 2 a 3.5. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

Mass Effect.

Mass Effect 2.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Captainqwark10

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

alfredooo

3. Lol.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

I won't elaborate on 5 because that would require going trough the details of every boss, do you wanna go there?

1. How about enemy targeting?:| its pretty much the general concensus that it revolutionized sword combat. You disagree for some reason, but don't tell me why.

2. You are honestly telling me places like market and the castle entrance/courtyard don't change dramatically? wow The enviorenments are very varied, lake region, mountain volcano region, desert region, forest region etc

3. So you have no argument against the soundtrack then? nice, so we can assume that it's good. :)

4. How were levels rehashed? Name me dungeons that were rehashed, don't just say there were "exceptions".

6. Hello there

7. The story is linear, so the game can be played in a linear fashion. It is completely open world tho, I didn't expect anyone to claim it isn't. You can go anywhere, anytime you want (with some blocks due to story elements, of course) and towns have plenty of places/houses to go explore. The game is completely open world.

8. Thanks for calling me a nintendo fanboy, there was no need to start with name calling tho. For thE record, I only owned an N64 and got a gamecube by the end of last gen. I don't own a wii and currently have no plans on getting one. Anyways, the graphics were good for the time, almost everyone would agree with that... also the game was open world so that makes the graphcs even more impressive.

9. So you are complaining about the game using some puzzles from other series? and you are sick of lighting torches too? That's cool but I don't see how these speak of the game's quality.

10. My point is there are enough to make the game quite long. You expected more for some reason? You wanted it to be even longer?

11. Again you claim the dungeons look the same. Which ones? You are also complaining about the game being generic. When did you play this game again?

And there is nothing wrong with setting the Z button to both targeting and camera control. You say it's a pain but don't tell me why.

1. I told you why. 2. I said they are similar looking. The grass floor and the Mountain path floor for example look exactly the same. This repeats in different ways. 3. You don't know what Midi's are and won't do research so really you have failed. 4.almost all the dungeons look rehashed. Object placement might be different but the enviorments look way to similar. 5. oops 6.how you doing? 7. I never said it wasn't open but just not FULLY open. 8. So you started with the N64? Because that would explain why you find the game impressive. 9. I would love to see the same puzzles in one game appear 20,000 times. Wait, no i wouldn't. 10. Let's back up to replay value. Long or not, most players of the game are not going to go back and play the game again after finishing. Most give it a few days/weeks/months before going back to it. Not enough content to do so. 11. The concept of the game was generic. The dungeons look alike. You have eyes. Yes, when you want to turn around to avoid death and it targets something instead and you die that is because the Z button was not directly made to control the camera. The Camera does a bad job at controlling itself without the Z button however, so there is no winner.
Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Captainqwark10

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"]

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

NaveedLife

3. Lol.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

Grow up? No, I am not 16 like you. I have been gaming longer, and because of the fact you grew up with it, t may be impossible to get you to see the game is not as good as many say, But trying won't hurt.
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Dissing OoT is trollish and can easily be squashed by any old-timer. OoT is NOT the most overrated game of all-time, its just the highest rated game of all time. That said, Zelda is dead. Twilight Princess proved it and Skyward Sword looks embarrassingly bad, from what we've seen so far. I wouldn't even care had earlier Zeldas not been so great, but seeing that franchise fall into ruin is hard to watch...

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#83 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

tie between FF7 and zelda OoT

no_more_fayth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 no_more_fayth
Member since 2010 • 11928 Posts

coolgamer6

That's laughable.

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Captainqwark10

Dissing OoT is trollish and can easily be squashed by any old-timer. OoT is NOT the most overrated game of all-time, its just the highest rated game of all time. That said, Zelda is dead. Twilight Princess proved it and Skyward Sword looks embarrassingly bad, from what we've seen so far. I wouldn't even care had earlier Zeldas not been so great, but seeing that franchise fall into ruin is hard to watch...

trollop_scat
If an old-timer that was gaming before the Super Nintendo (and not a fanboy) sees OoT and thinks that the game deserves a 10/10 and has played many games in their life, then we need to send that individual to therapy.
FatCatPatRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FatCatPatRat
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

uncharted 2 for me. sooooo overrated.

coolgamer6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#88 coolgamer6
Member since 2006 • 5335 Posts

[QUOTE="coolgamer6"]

no_more_fayth

That's laughable.

ok thanks for your opinion

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Final Fantasy 7 or Fallout 3. Probably Final Fantasy 7. I genuinely do not see what is so great about either game. FF7 felt like all style no substance, especially compared to 6. Fallout 3 was too ridiculous to be taken seriously in terms of writing and too much like Oblivion in terms of gameplay. I wouldn't say either game is bad, but they're definitely not shining models of their genre by any means.

Honorable mention: Every Halo after Combat Evolved.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

Half-life 2. I mean, apart from the storytelling, there is nothing special about the game at all.

Horrible gunplay. This is one of the most important things in an FPS and Half-life 2s is absolutely horrible.

Bad, drawn out vehicle sections. I think everyone agrees with me on this one.

Mediocre, cliche story. Aliens invade Earth through a science experiment gone wrong. Oh no. SHoot them all. Hooray!

Simple, incredibly easy, boring puzzles.

Boring pace.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 alfredooo

[QUOTE="alfredooo"]

[QUOTE="Captainqwark10"] 1.You haven't shown me what games it does better than and you called it revolutionary.

3. Lol.

5. No elaborate?

6.Hi

Captainqwark10

6. Hello there

1. I told you why. 2. I said they are similar looking. The grass floor and the Mountain path floor for example look exactly the same. This repeats in different ways. 3. You don't know what Midi's are and won't do research so really you have failed. 4.almost all the dungeons look rehashed. Object placement might be different but the enviorments look way to similar. 5. oops 6.how you doing? 7. I never said it wasn't open but just not FULLY open. 8. So you started with the N64? Because that would explain why you find the game impressive. 9. I would love to see the same puzzles in one game appear 20,000 times. Wait, no i wouldn't. 10. Let's back up to replay value. Long or not, most players of the game are not going to go back and play the game again after finishing. Most give it a few days/weeks/months before going back to it. Not enough content to do so. 11. The concept of the game was generic. The dungeons look alike. You have eyes. Yes, when you want to turn around to avoid death and it targets something instead and you die that is because the Z button was not directly made to control the camera. The Camera does a bad job at controlling itself without the Z button however, so there is no winner.

1. No you haven't. You are claiming it's bad, I'm saying it's revolutionary and I told you why when you asked. You have yet to point out a game of the era that does sword combat better.

2. Ok no we are from environemts look the same to the floors look the same. What grass floor do you mean?

Hyrule fied grass floor

to

Mountain Path floor

the floors (lol) are not similar at all.

3. Won't bother with reaserch now, sorry. Not even sure if you are not trolling yet so I won't risk more of my time.:P It would be nice if you explain me your point tho. What is wrong with the soundtrack? You can surely tell me what's wrong with it without going into specific terms.

4. The environments look way too similar how? you keep going at this, every temple differes greatly from the other in terms of enemies, map and object placements.

6. I'm good here! thanks for asking, how are you?

7. I know that and I'm telling you it is fully open. It's got one central are from where you can access the rest of the game, that't the only difference.

8. I said the N64 was the first nintendo console I purchased and owned for myself, you assumed this means I started gaming then for some reason. I had played games before. I only told you this because you called me a nintendo fanboy.

9. What puzzle appears 20k times?

10. What do you mean "back up" to replay value? we never touched on that. And who are "most players" you are talking about? you completely made that one up. but anyways, the amount of replay has nothing to do with the length of the game. A 2 hour game can have tons of replay values just as much as a 200 hour game can have none. The lack of replay value you speak of doesn't come from a lack of content.

11. Generic =/= bad. But even if I were to agree, it wouldn't have been as generic at the time it was released as it would if it was released today. You might think the concept of the game was generic but there is no way the game itself was. And no, the dungeons don't look alike. Elaborate, which two temples look alike to you?

I'm not sure what you mean about Z.... why would you die by targetting something? if anything your mobility increases when you are on target mode... you turn around with the analog and then press Z and it should move the camera behind link's back even if there is an enemy neraby, if there as enemy in the direction the camera is now facing then it will be targeted.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#92 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

[QUOTE="Shielder7"]

I think we all can agree that the first Zelda game was a gem, but for me it's been pretty much downhill ever since. Not a downhill spiral by any means, but a slow drawn out repetitive one. OoT was probably my biggest disappointment in the series; it wasn't a bad game buy any means, but a 10/10 I don't think so more like a 7.5/10 and I'm being generous.

The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess".

The whole music thing I never really got and just found it annoying.

The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to.

The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse.

The game play was good but static to say the least.

To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5.

Your most Overrated game?

KBFloYd

:lol: how old are you? i'm curious.

Well I guess he's not under 14.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

Just wanted to say this: people who claim Half-Life 2 to be the most overrated game are factually wrong. This can be proven by the fact that I have indeed played the game and all its episodes and consider it to be fantastic.

SkyWard20: 1

System Wars: 0

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
OoT was one of my favorite games of all time. It may not hold up to the standards of today's market, but at the time it was a pretty amazing game. It was rated according to the times like all games are in which case it should have a pretty high rating. And, TC, your points are reaching. My most overrated game is and always will be the Half Life series. I understand that it was crossing into new territory when it first came out, but HalfLife 2 and the episodes not only fail to do anything new; they fail to do anything well. I can't understand why people are so absorbed with something so empty.
smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

I think we all can agree that the first Zelda game was a gem, but for me it's been pretty much downhill ever since. Not a downhill spiral by any means, but a slow drawn out repetitive one. OoT was probably my biggest disappointment in the series; it wasn't a bad game buy any means, but a 10/10 I don't think so more like a 7.5/10 and I'm being generous.

The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess". What? It fit in perfectly with the series.

The whole music thing I never really got and just found it annoying. What about it was annoying? It worked great within the structure of the game.

The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to. Blaa? Ganon gets sealed in the realm...you save hyrule. I dunno what is hard to understand about it.

The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse. That is something not affecting OoT according to you so should be void.

The game play was good but static to say the least. I think you are just trying to make things up now :?

To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5. "Best game of all time" for ANY game is always a stretch, but OoT was a masterpiece when it was released. What would be your top 5 if not for OoT?

Your most Overrated game? That would be SoTC for me.

Shielder7

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

The story felt kinda flat and didn't really fit in well with the series at the time "now it's all just all complete mess".

The whole music thing I never really got and just found it annoying.

The ending was blaa and to tell the truth I never really understood it or maybe I just don't want to.

The lack of voice acting is understandable considering this is the N64 days, but other Zelda games after it have no excuse.

The game play was good but static to say the least.

To me OoT was repetitive enough to feel stale, but different enough so not to hit that Nostalgia spot. Like I said it wasn't a bad game by any means, but hardly anything innoventive and certainly not the best game of all time I wouldn't even consider it the best Zelda game not even in my top 5.

Your most Overrated game?

Shielder7

What didn't you understand about the ending? It was pretty straight forward.

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Id say the Halo series...I just seriously dont get it. I played all of them and I never really got into them, reach being my fav but still an OK game (not great by any means). Yea the music is good, the graphics have always been a step behind other games and the multiplayer isnt anything I havnet played on PC (see counterstrike). If we want to look at singleplayer I can name 10 better FPS THIS GEN with a better story.

Oh and Zelda Twilight princess was awful.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Playing through Chrono Cross atm. It received 10/10 on gamespot and I have no idea how. It's good, but certainly not perfect.
Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

Halo series is overrated as f***. utter mediocrity.

uncharted 2 - a very good game, but not what it is made out to be.

GTA 4 - Absolutely s***. I was quite hyped when i read the reviews giving perfect scores...then i played the game and i thought, "okay, this sucks, now let's go play saint's row 2".