Microsofts manipulation of the media exposed (good read)

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

Microsoft security essentials comes as standard with windows now and it is quite effective.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Someone sounds awfully pissy and stupid. bububub the computer bubububu. Come back when Sony actually employed security instead of an etch-a-sketch you moron.

Does security even exist on windows.? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Explain what's wrong with windows security?

Also you must really miss the emoticons, why 'hahaha' after everything?

Microsofthas issued security updates to fix at least 23 distinct vulnerabilities in its Windows operating systems and other software. Three of the patch bundles released today address flaws rated “critical,” meaning that malware or miscreants can use them to break into Windows PCs without any help from users.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/08/microsoft-patches-plug-23-security-holes/

This is a few months ago,and it has been like this since for ever,is incredible that people pretend that windows is even close to be a safe place,in fact most of this holes are found by hackers way faster than by MS,and are patch after they have been exploited several times.

So, it's impossible to write perfect software, especially on the scale of MSs OS. But most of the time, they deal with security threats before the public know about them and before people can exploit them.

What about this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24814999

Not just their OS but software like Office. Still yet to be fixed i think, the public know about it and MS have even told users to use work arounds to avoid people being able to gain the user rights on your PC with no guarantee of a patch until the end of month ones.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Microsoft for decades been known for manipulating to get what they want. They do back alley deals constantly, how exactly is this a surprise to anyone? On even the lower end they have been caught many times planting applauders at their shows.

They are a huge powerful, known, and wealthy company that spans around the world and most of their products are falling behind while the company constantly treats its customers like shit. Of course they manipulate and bend everything constantly, its the only way they can stay relevant.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

Like Sony doesn't do the same! LOL

Sony can do no wrong.....according to cows. Remeber charging for online was dispicable, unthinkable and downright dirty........for MS but it's prefectly fine for Sony.

You miss the point, probably because you are obviously a Microsoft fanboy since you use derogatory terms like cows and such.

It was unacceptable at the time because MS was charging for the same thing sony was giving away for free, and you got for free on the pc. But now that sony is charging also it is no longer an issue because both are charging, so there is no comparison to made anymore. Once sony started charging a fee the argument was removed. It was never about not charging, it was about charging what the competition did for free.

But now its still tipped in sonys favor because sony charges less than Microsoft. They also give you a lot more like 18 games as soon as you sign up and 5 new games a month, PSN store discounts, full game trials, online save backups, and more for 10 dollars less than XBLG. All Microsoft gives you is 2 games a month. Not to mention Microsoft still puts everything behind a paywall like Netflix or even chatting with friends while sony lets you have those and more things for free. So its no longer about charging vs not charging, now its about paying more to get hardly anything vs paying less a getting 10x's more.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

Microsoft security essentials comes as standard with windows now and it is quite effective.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Someone sounds awfully pissy and stupid. bububub the computer bubububu. Come back when Sony actually employed security instead of an etch-a-sketch you moron.

Does security even exist on windows.? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Explain what's wrong with windows security?

Also you must really miss the emoticons, why 'hahaha' after everything?

Microsofthas issued security updates to fix at least 23 distinct vulnerabilities in its Windows operating systems and other software. Three of the patch bundles released today address flaws rated “critical,” meaning that malware or miscreants can use them to break into Windows PCs without any help from users.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/08/microsoft-patches-plug-23-security-holes/

This is a few months ago,and it has been like this since for ever,is incredible that people pretend that windows is even close to be a safe place,in fact most of this holes are found by hackers way faster than by MS,and are patch after they have been exploited several times.

My PC has never been hacked, i have never lost any personal information from my PC and i never heard of 77 million people losing there personal details in one go on PC, damage control all you want, the PSN hack is regarded as one of the biggest losses in personal information since the internet started.

'At the time of the outage, with a count of 77 million registered PlayStation Network accounts, it was one of the largest data security breaches in history. It surpassed the 2007 TJX hack which affected 45 million customers.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Network_outage

And don't bother with the 'bu-bu- no one lost any money' Crap, doesn't excuse the fact that 77 million personal details where stolen as a result of Poor security, outdated servers and outdated security software.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

Thats funny because he basically gave many example of how the media destroyed sony for the PS3 problems on the early years,even that the difference wasn't even close to how big the gap is now..

But they promised 1080P at 120 fps in 4D !

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: Its only a joke after you get owned.

it was pretty obviously a joke to begin with. Just look at the conversation between me and charizard, it was obviously hyperbole

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

Sony can do no wrong.....according to cows. Remeber charging for online was dispicable, unthinkable and downright dirty........for MS but it's prefectly fine for Sony.

not when Sony offers monthly free games, discounts and don't have every single feature behind a paywall.

No matter how much you guys try you'll always lose. MS are like the Axis and Sony the Allies. ;)

How are they "free games" when you're paying for the service?

They have P2P multiplayer behind that paywall now. You pay $50 a year just to play online.

Now that made me LOL. I guess if you look past all the lies, root kits and stolen credit card info. So glad we have Sony to put viruses on our computer and get all my credit info in the hands of thieves. Makes me sleep much easier at night.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 kingtito

@Gargus said:

Microsoft for decades been known for manipulating to get what they want. They do back alley deals constantly, how exactly is this a surprise to anyone? On even the lower end they have been caught many times planting applauders at their shows.

They are a huge powerful, known, and wealthy company that spans around the world and most of their products are falling behind while the company constantly treats its customers like shit. Of course they manipulate and bend everything constantly, its the only way they can stay relevant.

Right and Sony never did anything. I think I see a hypocrite.

Sony never did back alley deal or lie to get what they want. Guess you don't remember the sega days then.

Sony ALWAYS treats their customers like royalty right? Not only do I smell a hypocrite but a huge raging cow as well.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kingtito

@Gargus said:

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

You miss the point, probably because you are obviously a Microsoft fanboy since you use derogatory terms like cows and such.

1. It was unacceptable at the time because MS was charging for the same thing sony was giving away for free, and you got for free on the pc. But 2. now that sony is charging also it is no longer an issue because both are charging, so there is no comparison to made anymore.3. Once sony started charging a fee the argument was removed. It was never about not charging, it was about charging what the competition did for free.

4. But now its still tipped in sonys favor because sony charges less than Microsoft. 5. They also give you a lot more like 18 games as soon as you sign up and 5 new games a month, PSN store discounts, full game trials, online save backups, and more for 10 dollars less than XBLG. All Microsoft gives you is 2 games a month. Not to mention Microsoft still puts everything behind a paywall like Netflix or even chatting with friends while sony lets you have those and more things for free. 6. So its no longer about charging vs not charging, now its about paying more to get hardly anything vs paying less a getting 10x's more.

1. That's your opinion. Sony's online was horrible and wasn't worth paying for.

2. Sony is charging AFTER saying online should be free. Cows complained for the past 10 years about paying for online and how Sony would never charge. Guess just another lie from Sony.

3. You mean once Sony started charging it's no longer a bad thing. It's not acceptable to charge to P2P online.

4. Spoken like a true fanboy. Sony might charge less because Live>PSN

5. Hate to break the news but what are they going to give once the PS4 launches? the PS4 isn't backwards compatible not to mention these so called "free" games are taken away the minute you stop paying.

6. No it's about hypocritical cows saying charging for online is ok now because Sony is doing it. Yea,h I'm calling you a hypocrite.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#112 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

Well well well, what do I have here from 2007 no less. Sony NDA article on Destuctoid. TC, how did you support a company like Sony since 2007 after they gagged devs as this old article describes? Are you a fvckin bullsh!t hypocrite or what?

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-nda-prohibits-developers-opinions-29482.phtml

Every company has NDA MS one are in place since the development of the xbox 360,just like developers had NDA that stop them from release extra content on PS3 games on disc,and how MS demand that games most be cheap at least at the same time as PSN of they reject them.

Doesn't address TC stating he could never back a company like MS for NDAs, when as you yourself stated, and I already knew, every company has them, even Sony. So TC, why can you back them, then?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@delta3074 said:

My PC has never been hacked, i have never lost any personal information from my PC and i never heard of 77 million people losing there personal details in one go on PC, damage control all you want, the PSN hack is regarded as one of the biggest losses in personal information since the internet started.

'At the time of the outage, with a count of 77 million registered PlayStation Network accounts, it was one of the largest data security breaches in history. It surpassed the 2007 TJX hack which affected 45 million customers.'

And don't bother with the 'bu-bu- no one lost any money' Crap, doesn't excuse the fact that 77 million personal details where stolen as a result of Poor security, outdated servers and outdated security software.

Neither did my PS3... Oh wait you still holding to the 77 million crap..

Sony reach 50 million units

April 2011.

Hack happen on April 2011

How in hell 77 million accounts were hack when only 50 million PS3 were sold on April 2011...?

HOW...

That would imply that each and every PS3 ever bough was taken online with a credit card info,even xbox live has 46 million users this year combined with gold and silver and they are considering to be the biggest online community on consoles,+ 27 million more accounts from other sources,but the hack happen on PS3.

Again explain to me how 77 million accounts were stolen when only 50 million PS3 existed on April 2011.

https://www.google.com/#q=windows+security+problems

Oh a barrage of problems and for years and years is not new you can pretend that windows is safe,there is no anti virus on consoles,how many are on windows.?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Neither did my PS3... Oh wait you still holding to the 77 million crap..

Sony reach 50 million units

April 2011.

Hack happen on April 2011

How in hell 77 million accounts were hack when only 50 million PS3 were sold on April 2011...?

HOW...

That would imply that each and every PS3 ever bough was taken online with a credit card info,even xbox live has 46 million users this year combined with gold and silver and they are considering to be the biggest online community on consoles,+ 27 million more accounts from other sources,but the hack happen on PS3.

Again explain to me how 77 million accounts were stolen when only 50 million PS3 existed on April 2011.

https://www.google.com/#q=windows+security+problems

Oh a barrage of problems and for years and years is not new you can pretend that windows is safe,there is no anti virus on consoles,how many are on windows.?

PSN accounts cover more than the Ps3, nice try though.

The PlayStation Network outage was the result of an "external intrusion" on Sony's PlayStation Network and Qriocity services, in which personal details from approximately 77 million accounts were stolen and prevented users of PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable consoles from playing online through the service

It covered accounts on PSP as well. looks like YOU got owned, do your research next time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

LOL comedy gold this thread is. Would read again. The MS defense team......

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

The guy that wrote this article ASSUMES the NDA's are for devs to keep quiet about the Ps4 being more powerful. NOT true.

If anything the secret was to prevent the other side from gaining knowledge and doing a last minute hardware change and covering up AMD's new tech. Just my opinion but the author is a little biased.