Microsofts manipulation of the media exposed (good read)

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

But then I have to pay for online....but i guess they let your account get hacked as an added bonus. So that's generous of them

Thats funny when you run windows which is the most abused hacked OS on the planet,not only millions of credit card frauds had been happening for years,but stolen identities,data wiped out,is there is something windows has no equal is on stolen data and damage cause to individuals is not even debatable you need an anti virus,and add ware and crap like that.

it has co many back doors and exploits is not even funny to compare it to consoles,your data is 1 million time safer on your console than on your PC.

you really need to learn to take a joke. But there is a difference between an individuals system being hacked due to poor browsing/downloading practices and the personal information of 77 million users being put at risk, not to mention the service being down for almost a month. And if I had to guess, I would imagine most credit card fraud and stolen identity is due to social engineering/phishing scams rather than cracking the security of someones personal computer.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@tormentos: I only read the last page, the OP linked through like that. Weird. I went back and read the other two, thank you.

Oh yes I'd seen that interview before. Certainly embarrassing, but expected. A NDA with a developer is not the same as manipulation of the media.

The real ownage will come once the retail machines are in the hands of people like Digital Foundry, and they can run some tests. There will be no hiding, and there will be no NDA with such an arrangement.

My prediction of the winner of these independent tests: PS4.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This only affects people that don't know wtf they're buying. not those that waste their life on a gaming forum lol. MS is pathetic and i hope their bone tanks so they learn their lesson like Sony did with ps3.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@muffin2020: Epic Star Trek reference.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

It's been known for years that MS practices monopolistic, shady tactics and the expense of good customer service.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

I read the article and i didn't see any proof of any manipulation...you lied to me TC!!!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lostrib said:

you really need to learn to take a joke. But there is a difference between an individuals system being hacked due to poor browsing/downloading practices and the personal information of 77 million users being put at risk, not to mention the service being down for almost a month. And if I had to guess, I would imagine most credit card fraud and stolen identity is due to social engineering/phishing scams rather than cracking the security of someones personal computer.

Yeah 77 million lols....

The PS3 didn't even have 70 million units on 2011...haha

Nothing happen the secret number where never compromised in fact sony put a 1 million dollar policy for 1 year to every PSN owner,not a single one claimed it,and complained that in deed their info was stolen.

The system was down 23 days on a service that was free,2 games were given for it and a free month of PSN+ more than enough for something that didn't end in disaster,PSN was shut down by sony it self to investigate not by pirates.

That the problem you guess wrong,windows has tons of exploits including browser ones which allowed hackers to screw you over,this is undebatable when it comes to breach,stolen data,and info PC is king,is not only the easiest way to get hack,is also the most common use to hack into other people PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

I read the article and i didn't see any proof of any manipulation...you lied to me TC!!!

It's not OPs fault you are blind.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Yeah 77 million lols....

Nothing happen the secret number where never compromised in fact sony put a 1 million dollar policy for 1 year to every PSN owner,not a single one claimed it,and complained that in deed their info was stolen.

The system was down 23 days on a service that was free,2 games were given for it and a free month of PSN+ more than enough for something that didn't end in disaster,PSN was shut down by sony it self to investigate not by pirates.

That the problem you guess wrong,windows has tons of exploits including browser ones which allowed hackers to screw you over,this is undebatable when it comes to breach,stolen data,and info PC is king,is not only the easiest way to get hack,is also the most common use to hack into other people PC.

Uh do some research, they hacked into the 77 million PSN accounts.

Just because they made up for it, doesn't make it okay for it to happen in the first place.

Windows may have vulnerabilities, but there are an assortment of antivirus and firewall services. And once again the most common causes of identity theft, stolen passwords/info isn't due to hacking of someone's personal computer. They are instead due to ill advised actions taken by the individual such as responding to phishing emails.

JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61  Edited By JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts

Really no big groundbreaking news here. The devs sign NDA's with ALL of them (MS, Sony, and Nintendo). Besides it's not like it's any secret that the PS4 has more power than the X1 so what good did it do for them anyway? Also it's hard for me to take anyone seriously that continually uses terms like "doritocracy" and calls a company rep "the dorito pope" (as he did in one of his tweets). The guy has a clear bias on this, his hatred for MS is unmistakable. In the end it won't matter once the consoles hit the market there's nothing to hide behind. Stuff like this is why no matter how much I want to I don't end up buying any console at launch.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@kingtito: I have an X1 preordered for DR3

Better cancel

I would

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#63  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

I am the Queen of England.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@madsnakehhh said:

It's not OPs fault you are blind.

It doesn't says anything concrete...they are only mere speculations, i'm not sayins is not true and i'm not saying that MS is not making this sort of bussiness, however that article assumes a lot, yeah the interview says they can't talk about the subject, but it could be other reasons as to why they can't alk about that.

Haveeked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65 Haveeked
Member since 2013 • 43 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

But then I have to pay for online....but i guess they let your account get hacked as an added bonus. So that's generous of them

Thats funny when you run windows which is the most abused hacked OS on the planet,not only millions of credit card frauds had been happening for years,but stolen identities,data wiped out,is there is something windows has no equal is on stolen data and damage cause to individuals is not even debatable you need an anti virus,and add ware and crap like that.

it has co many back doors and exploits is not even funny to compare it to consoles,your data is 1 million time safer on your console than on your PC.

This lol, Hermits need to think before they post.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

@haveeked said:

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

This lol, Hermits need to think before they post.

yes, next time I will have to think before making joke posts at the expense of sony

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Another bandodger thread.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#68 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I read the article. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. However, there has been plenty of damage control for the Microsoft Xbox One ever since many of its policies were altered or removed altogether.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Well well well, what do I have here from 2007 no less. Sony NDA article on Destuctoid. TC, how did you support a company like Sony since 2007 after they gagged devs as this old article describes? Are you a fvckin bullsh!t hypocrite or what?

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-nda-prohibits-developers-opinions-29482.phtml

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@muffin2020 said:

There are 4 lights

This post made me smile. :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cainetao11

@cainetao11 said:

Well well well, what do I have here from 2007 no less. Sony NDA article on Destuctoid. TC, how did you support a company like Sony since 2007 after they gagged journalists as this old article describes? Are you a fvckin bullsh!t hypocrite or what?

Quoting myself because you wont answer TC. Why did you support Sony after they were reported for doing the same thing in 2007? you said you cant support a company that does this like MS. But Sony did the exact thing. Why you no talky to me TC?

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

I'd Cancel my XB1 Pre order if I were you, Microsoft is the big bad evil establishment, Sony is the underdog that will rise up and save gaming !!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By cainetao11

@SonofK said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

I'd Cancel my XB1 Pre order if I were you, Microsoft is the big bad evil establishment, Sony is the underdog that will rise up and save gaming !!

How are Sony the underdog when they are globally the top seller between the 2? MS is the underdog between those 2

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SonofK

@cainetao11 said:

@SonofK said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

How are Sony the underdog when they are globally the top seller between the 2? MS is the underdog between those 2

That my friend is called sarcasm. I called Sony the underdog because as a company they're worth less than 1/10 of what MS is worth.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#75 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Not much has changed I see. Some PS fans still throw the media bias card around.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cainetao11

@SonofK said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SonofK said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

That my friend is called sarcasm. I called Sony the underdog because as a company they're worth less than 1/10 of what MS is worth.

*Defective sarcasm detector goes in garbage can

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SonofK

@cainetao11 said:

@SonofK said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SonofK said:

@timbers_WSU said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

*Defective sarcasm detector goes in garbage can

I call MS the big bad evil establishment since most cows are under illusion that Sony actually cares about them lol.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2140 Posts

@muffin2020: I literally fell out my chair.....HE BROKE ME

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

Like Sony doesn't do the same! LOL

Sony can do no wrong.....according to cows. Remeber charging for online was dispicable, unthinkable and downright dirty........for MS but it's prefectly fine for Sony.

not when Sony offers monthly free games, discounts and don't have every single feature behind a paywall.

No matter how much you guys try you'll always lose. MS are like the Axis and Sony the Allies. ;)

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SonofK

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

Sony can do no wrong.....according to cows. Remeber charging for online was dispicable, unthinkable and downright dirty........for MS but it's prefectly fine for Sony.

not when Sony offers monthly free games, discounts and don't have every single feature behind a paywall.

No matter how much you guys try you'll always lose. MS are like the Axis and Sony the Allies. ;)

Just another way of saying MS is successful at being a business where Sony is a failure

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Microshaft is a very undesirable company. This type of attitude is yet another reason I'm not buying an xbone. They just don't even come close to deserving my money.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cainetao11

@Gue1 said:

@kingtito said:

@xhawk27 said:

I am a PS+ member for 2 years now, and if I stop paying I have over 150 gigs of useless space on HDD. So nothing is free. Leased games, free is awesome PR spin. But truth is, cows cried for years MP SHOULD be free out of principle, all high and moral like. Well you guys caved with some leased games on those moral Principles didn't you. And you call MS shady and immoral?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cainetao11

@cainetao11 said:

Well well well, what do I have here from 2007 no less. Sony NDA article on Destuctoid. TC, how did you support a company like Sony since 2007 after they gagged journalists as this old article describes? Are you a fvckin bullsh!t hypocrite or what?

I'll do it again, since TC wont address this.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@muffin2020 said:

There are 4 lights

You win, sir.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Someone sounds awfully pissy and stupid. bububub the computer bubububu. Come back when Sony actually employed security instead of an etch-a-sketch you moron.

But but windows is safe....lol

Does security even exist on windows.? hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Microsoft security essentials comes as standard with windows now and it is quite effective.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

lol Cinema/Gamingblend, even if true, i'm not reading anything from that unprofessional site. In terms of journalism, I haven't really come across anything lower.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Someone sounds awfully pissy and stupid. bububub the computer bubububu. Come back when Sony actually employed security instead of an etch-a-sketch you moron.

Explain what's wrong with windows security?

Also you must really miss the emoticons, why 'hahaha' after everything?

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Negro-y-Azul
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

@NineTailedGoku said:

@xhawk27: MS is paying to keep you ignorant about the power of their machine in comparison to their competitor. You don't see Toyota paying car reviewers to say their hp is as good as a Ferrari. Sad that you and other Lems are okay with this. If you read the article, you'd know Sony has never done anything like this. Don't see why you're defending them....

Sony lied constantly about PS3. Get Kaz's cock out of your mouth.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#90 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

Yeah 77 million lols....

there are exploits in every OS and in every program. Unlike you cows though who you are defending Sony whatever happens me and i'm quite sure alot of pc gamers will criticize someone like valve when their database was hacked ( again nothing happened but i still criticize them for that )

As for windows as long as you use common sense and safe browsing practices along with a decent antivirus program you are more than safe despite all your trolling and attempt to make it look otherwise. One of the reasons most of the hacker attacks are on windows is because is by far the most used OS

And if you dont believe WinOS 7 is safe here

http://cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php

Linux kernel has more than 3 times the number of distinct vulnerabilities and MacOS that apple fanboys think is a safe heaven has more than twice vulnerabilities compared to windows

So instead talking out of your a** about how unsafe windows admit when Sony does something wrong and is not always sunny on Sony side

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Well well well, what do I have here from 2007 no less. Sony NDA article on Destuctoid. TC, how did you support a company like Sony since 2007 after they gagged devs as this old article describes? Are you a fvckin bullsh!t hypocrite or what?

Every company has NDA MS one are in place since the development of the xbox 360,just like developers had NDA that stop them from release extra content on PS3 games on disc,and how MS demand that games most be cheap at least at the same time as PSN of they reject them.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos
@delta3074 said:

Microsoft security essentials comes as standard with windows now and it is quite effective.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Microsofthas issued security updates to fix at least 23 distinct vulnerabilities in its Windows operating systems and other software. Three of the patch bundles released today address flaws rated “critical,” meaning that malware or miscreants can use them to break into Windows PCs without any help from users.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/08/microsoft-patches-plug-23-security-holes/

This is a few months ago,and it has been like this since for ever,is incredible that people pretend that windows is even close to be a safe place,in fact most of this holes are found by hackers way faster than by MS,and are patch after they have been exploited several times.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 adamosmaki

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Microsofthas issued security updates to fix at least 23 distinct vulnerabilities in its Windows operating systems and other software. Three of the patch bundles released today address flaws rated “critical,” meaning that malware or miscreants can use them to break into Windows PCs without any help from users.

This is a few months ago,and it has been like this since for ever,is incredible that people pretend that windows is even close to be a safe place,in fact most of this holes are found by hackers way faster than by MS,and are patch after they have been exploited several times.

i see you choose to ignore my post about how WinOS 7 is safer than Linux and macOs and in fact is one of the safest OS out there. Here i'll post it again

and like i said every Os and every program will have security holes. The fact that MS is patching them is a good think

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By tormentos

@adamosmaki said:

i see you choose to ignore my post about how WinOS 7 is safer than Linux and macOs and in fact is one of the safest OS out there. Here i'll post it again

and like i said every Os and every program will have security holes. The fact that MS is patching them is a good think

I see you actually didn't read how MS just patch critical holes in windows just a few months ago,critical updates are the most important because they involve security,and all OS have holes,but since windows is by far the most used is the one with more hole and exploiters to,is not debatable windows updates to patch holes happen at any time at all over the year all years i have a PC you know and with windows 7..

Negro-y-Azul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Negro-y-Azul
Member since 2013 • 79 Posts

@tormentos said:

@adamosmaki said:

I see you actually didn't read how MS just patch critical holes in windows just a few months ago,critical updates are the most important because they involve security,and all OS have holes,but since windows is by far the most used is the one with more hole and exploiters to,is not debatable windows updates to patch holes happen at any time at all over the year all years i have a PC you know and with windows 7..

Wow you're just plain wrong about everything. Keep it up, this many random ranting messages all being false is quite an impressive record.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 adamosmaki

@tormentos said:

@adamosmaki said:

So what? The fact they are patching their holes is a good think. You keep saying how unsafe windows is yet WinOS7 as i proved to you is by far the safest desktop OS out there and here is another link for you http://www.cvedetails.com/product/17153/Microsoft-Windows-7.html?vendor_id=26 the total number of exploits of Win7 over a period of 5 years is just 10.

So unless you dont wanna live on a cave you will never be 100% secure no matter the OS,program ( including windows , psn, steam,xbox live ) but the fact is there is a very small ( nearly non existent ) chance for anything to happen in Win7 as long as you dont click on links "i'm a Nigerian prince accept my friend request and i will sent you a $10000000 check"

But you sony fanboys you praise anything Sony does you never criticize them even with the psn outage and you seem to be everything anti-microsoft for some reason even though i'm certain 99% of you are using a pc with Windows to spell nonsense on an internet forum

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@lostrib: Its only a joke after you get owned.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@delta3074 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@tormentos said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

So, it's impossible to write perfect software, especially on the scale of MSs OS. But most of the time, they deal with security threats before the public know about them and before people can exploit them.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts

This article sounds like it was written by a butthurt, hypocritical Sony fanboy. There was a multitude of reasons why the PS3 got so much hate, and there hasn't been any shortage of hate for the Xbox One.