michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 michaelmikado
Member since 2019 • 406 Posts

Forza Horizon 4 xCloud Gameplay video at the link - You be the judge.

Public trials in 2019.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

LOL. What the hell is this? Laggy as shit.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

Is she playing a video of Forza? Oh dear... Xbox strikes again.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

yeah, she wasn't playing that..it looked staged.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

More trash from MS, everything they do is garbage.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

Seriously, look at this. This company can literally not stop lying to people. It's compulsive now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Normally, I would say "sex sells" but this isn't one of them, especially for Xbox One lol.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 michaelmikado

No guys, remember Microsoft is the obvious untouchable market leader in game streaming with an instant Azure network infrastructure. They are the obvious pros with a clear edge in this market. Why would they need to fake having a streaming game service? /s

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#9 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Wow! She is not even playing it. Pathetic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

LOL. Why even bother "demoing" it? Despite this dumb move I am placing my bets that Xcloud will be available on the Switch.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Thats embarrassing, wth was microsoft thinking?!?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

LOL, looks completely staged. What the hell are they thinking demoing it like that?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

Another stage presentation by Ms ala kinect reveal.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Pass on that demo but Xcloud will be sweet for gaming on the go. Other thing with Xcloud is the a.i. tech to predict movement to lessen the blow of input lag as to why she wasnt having to do much? Overall option of mobility to game when not on pc/console is going to be great.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 michaelmikado

@BigBadBully:

I kinda explained before why that kinda of AI movement prediction isn’t really feasible as it would require essentially two copies of the game running. The copy you are seeing and then the copy you are sending input commands to, the game would have to run “ahead” of your input and already be sending a visual frame of what it anticipating you would do, it would then need to correct if it guessed wrong which would also be another level of confusing even if we ignored the technical barriers of running two copies of the same game simultaneously.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Seriously, look at this. This company can literally not stop lying to people. It's compulsive now.

Microsoft is allergic to good decisions this gen.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Pass for me. I prefer getting my games on a physical format followed by downloading them digitally. Streaming is very much my last choice to play games.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

LMAO it looks bad and suspect presentation wise. To be fair she could be playing. She's tapping the throttle and steering by tapping the analog stick till the car squares. I have seen people who play like that. I just wouldn't use her to demo the game come on PR.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@ellos said:

LMAO it looks bad and suspect presentation wise. To be fair she could be playing. She's tapping the throttle and steeling by tapping the analog stick till the car squares. I have seen people who play like that. I just wouldn't use her to demo the game come on PR.

What is the trigger button for brake on xbox? cause if she is tapping the accelerate trigger, the car meter HUD is not showing any speed increase. Its probably just lag, heh.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 michaelmikado

@ellos: @sakaixx:

Nah if you look at 1:27 you see a hard brake where the car drifts and even gives off smoke as you see the speedometer decrease drastically. Yet you can clearly see from both angles her fingers aren’t touching the brake and from the front angle they aren’t even near them. She’s not playing.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Pathetic

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ellos

@michaelmikado said:

@ellos: @sakaixx:

Nah if you look at 1:27 you see a hard brake where the car drifts and even gives off smoke as you see the speedometer decrease drastically. Yet you can clearly see from both angles her fingers aren’t touching the brake and from the front angle they aren’t even near them. She’s not playing.

Yeah never mind. I thought at the beginning she was holding accelerate and then coming back to it from time to time. Also her speed is very slow due too not fully holding it that was my thinking. Looking at it again whey they show the back shot of her hand she's completely off it lol.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No interest in this especially for gameplay-driven games like Forza. I can see how it could be useful for some slower paced games in some scenarios, but personally I have no real interest in cloud gaming/streaming. But this is not about me, if it helps some games make more money by allowing some people to use this functionality, so be it as long as I still can play games the traditional way.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@michaelmikado: Well time will tell and Xcloud seems feasable enough for this to work and be playable as the tech gets better. Xcloud is just an optional way to play games. The preferred way will always be dedicated hardware. Overall ability to play/stream games to any device will just be icing on the cake.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

it looked fake or laggy and its probably both, why are xbox people defending this crap

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

oooh you can play a video on an android phone... LOL Microsoft.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

You know a company is on to something great when it brings out the jealousy of those ‘other guys’.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Do MS just hire people without any vetting or interviews? Seems like it for the PR and marketing dept.I mean who really thought they can get away by faking demos in this day and age. And if I'm not wrong the video of her playing is pre-recorded and not live or on stage, how could they mess that up?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

It's basically this shit all over again....

The fools at MS marketing department never learn.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ellos said:

LMAO it looks bad and suspect presentation wise. To be fair she could be playing. She's tapping the throttle and steering by tapping the analog stick till the car squares. I have seen people who play like that. I just wouldn't use her to demo the game come on PR.

No you can clearly see she is not playing,or the tech is so freaking bad that the lag is totally ruining it.

Moves of the cars don't correspond to the moves she is making.

@Sevenizz said:

You know a company is on to something great when it brings out the jealousy of those ‘other guys’.

Sony has been doing for several years now what MS is faking in this video so there is no jealousy at all.

PS Now works this shit doesn't apparently which is why MS has to fake it.

@son-goku7523 said:

It's basically this shit all over again....

The fools at MS marketing department never learn.

My god i remember that shit, it was one of the darkest day on this place..hahaha

Yet lemmings went out and bought Kinect in record numbers i think the most popular excuse was "" I just bought it for my kid"".

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Google is going to beat them to the pump when they announce their streaming service at GDC.

You'll be able to play games like AC:Odyssey on your Android device + Google Play by the end of the year.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts

That demo was terrible..

at best, she usually plays Forza by flicking the stick and tapping the gas which ends up looking like the game is either laggy or staged.. at worst, the demo was flat out staged and they did a poor job at even doing that..

In either case, this was a terrible showing.. especially with Google's streaming service looming on the horizon.. (pun not intended) .. they need to have something more convincing and tangible at E3 in terms of XCloud if they want people to take this thing seriously..

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Google is going to beat them to the pump when they announce their streaming service at GDC.

You'll be able to play games like AC:Odyssey on your Android device + Google Play by the end of the year.

Yup, that's what I'm betting on especially because Google has already done a public trial.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Google >>> Xcloud

Sony exclusives >>> any high profile xbox console games

Nintendo >>> everything else xbox.

MS and Xbox are completely useless as a "console/gaming" provider. There is LITERALLY no reason to support them other than blind stupidity.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

They tried to stage this, but it failed. I'm not surprised it's staged, as it's in infancy and in an on-call basis with a new system. It looked like when they play video games on a sitcom like TBBT... Just mash buttons and say your lines.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Yeah, prety much. Unless MS come out with something that blows Google away, which I find doubtful. Google definitely holds the edge in this race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 michaelmikado

@Nonstop-Madness: @lundy86_4:

Pretty much, right now Google is leading with public trials already done out in the wild. I was part of part of Project Stream and it works well. I’m looking forward to the three way race because I think it will make all offerings better.

Right now I’m sticking with PSNow as I think I already see what Sony is aiming for based on the past 5 years of using PSnow but I’m firming in camp Google as their nearest competitor. GDC may tell us just how close they are as they already have a placeholder for something that doesn’t go live until GDC.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

I have a Gig download speed so we will see.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Antwan3K

@boxrekt said:

Google >>> Xcloud

MS and Xbox are completely useless as a "console/gaming" provider. There is LITERALLY no reason to support them other than blind stupidity.

"Google >>> XCloud"??.. neither of these services are fully released yet..

Name a Sony 1st party First-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Halo series and/or Halo 5: Guardians.. Name a Sony 1st party Third-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Gears of War series and/or Gears of War 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Arcade Racing game that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Forza Horizon series and/or Forza Horizon 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Simulation Racing game that is more popular and critically acclaimed than the Forza Motorsports series and/or Forza Motorsports 7.. overall Gran Turismo can be named but clearly GT has faded in recent years in comparison to the latest Motorsports entries so this genre is debatable at best..

Now, there is no doubt that Sony cleans house with "bangers" if you mainly like singleplayer 3rd person action/adventure games.. there's no contest there.. but to pretend that single game genre outweighs "any" game genre that Xbox excels in is just plan false, especially when all this is purely subjective to begin with...

Nintendo has a strong 1st party portfolio but they don't approach Xbox in 3rd party gaming support (y'know, like 95% of games released), hardware power, online gaming, or gaming services..

the only blind stupidity on display here is your own..

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ellos

@Antwan3K said:
@boxrekt said:

Google >>> Xcloud

Name a Sony 1st party First-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Halo series and/or Halo 5: Guardians..

Name a Sony 1st party Third-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Gears of War series and/or Gears of War 4..

Name a Sony 1st party Arcade Racing game that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Forza Horizon series and/or Forza Horizon 4..

Name a Sony 1st party Simulation Racing game that is more popular and critically acclaimed than the Forza Motorsports series and/or Forza Motorsports 7.. overall Gran Turismo can be named but clearly GT has faded in recent years in comparison to the latest Motorsports entries so this genre is debatable at best..

Now, there is no doubt that Sony cleans house with "bangers" if you mainly like 3rd person action/adventure games.. there's no contest there.. but to pretend that those game outweigh "any" game genre that Xbox excels in is just plan false, especially when all this is purely subjective to begin with...

"Google >>> XCloud"??.. neither of these services are fully released yet..

Nintendo has a strong 1st party portfolio but they don't approach Xbox in either 3d party gaming (y'know, like 95% of games), hardware power, online gaming, or gaming services..

the only blind stupidity on display here is your own..

I would say Uncharted has surpassed Gears critically and popularity wise. Mostly for the game movie reason though. However they are both tps movie games especially under Rod Fergusson. The situation is sort of Forza, GT here. Gears is clearly the tps genre godfather (yes I know it did not invent the genre but come on ND looked at it for inspiration). Uncharted took inspiration but clearly Uncharted has become more popular and critically acclaimed. Uncharted 4 is more popular and critically rated much higher. I would say Gran Turismo is kinda like Halo. It is the most popular console sim out there even these days. It has lost its muster critically but its one of the most important sims in esport today. It still a much bigger brand then Forza. Popularity wise I don't think forza competes, certainly not world wide. It is certified by racing federation.

I of course think microsoft is relevant and Halo is the biggest of them all. Halo puts consoles fps on the map and no one can deny that. Those are my observation no fanboy just that hopefully says don't take franchises like Uncharted Gran Turismo very lightly.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Microsoft sucks at everything they do. What an embarrassment

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Antwan3K

@ellos: I feel ya but honestly Uncharted is more of a action/adventure title than a third-person shooter.. Xbox admittedly doesnt have anything in that category which makes Sony's dominance in that genre even more glaring..

but for general clarification, i'm not trying to downplay what Sony and the PS4 has accomplished this gen.. I just simply want to stress that "better exclusives" is a fundamentally subjective topic because it's completely dependent on the individual gamer and that gamer's personal preferences.. if someone wants to discuss which has the higher scoring games this gen, then that's a quantifiable topic.. but for example, if you're a gamer that prefers multiplayer gaming but most of Sony's games have zero multiplayer, then that doesnt necessarily equate to "better"..

In the end, Sony has killed it this gen with PS4 specific gaming content.. Microsoft dropped the ball in many respects.. but as an Xbox fan, this competition has resulted in Xbox Studios acquiring more and more game studios, building 1st party studios, etc.. So maybe next-gen, the discussion of higher scoring exclusives may change.. we'll see.. but even right now, I disagree with the idea that dominance in a certain genre automatically discounts all the advantages in other genres and the advantages in multiplayer that Xbox exclusives tend to provide.. it's all subjective

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ellos
@Antwan3K said:

@ellos: I feel ya but honestly Uncharted is more of a action/adventure title than a third-person shooter.. Xbox admittedly doesnt have anything in that category which makes Sony's dominance in that genre even more glaring..

but for general clarification, i'm not trying to downplay what Sony and the PS4 has accomplished this gen.. I just simply want to stress that "better exclusives" is a fundamentally subjective topic because it's completely dependent on the individual gamer and that gamer's personal preferences.. if someone wants to discuss which has the higher scoring games this gen, then that's a quantifiable topic.. but for example, if you're a gamer that prefers multiplayer gaming but most of Sony's games have zero multiplayer, then that doesnt necessarily equate to "better"..

In the end, Sony has killed it this gen with PS4 specific gaming content.. Microsoft dropped the ball in many respects.. but as an Xbox fan, this competition has resulted in Xbox Studios acquiring more and more game studios, building 1st party studios, etc.. So maybe next-gen, the discussion of higher scoring exclusives may change.. we'll see.. but even right now, I disagree with the idea that dominance in a certain genre automatically discounts all the advantages in other genres and the advantages in multiplayer that Xbox exclusives tend to provide.. it's all subjective

Yeah I get what your saying. Sony defiantly has a long term problem I think. Ps4 is masked by 3rd party covering what sony does not offer. They have the largest share so it all blends well for them. When those shares decreases then they really don't have much for anyone who is not into cinematic narrative games. They will actually have to adept.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

Poke'em with a fork... Phony and Nintendont are done...

Doooomed I tellz ya. :P

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@son-goku7523: Lol how have I never seen that before hahaha.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

I'll reserve judgment until it's actually in people hands not a preview of a beta essentially. Could it suck? Sure. Should anybody be drawing any conclusions based on this pre reveal... no.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 michaelmikado

@Steppy_76 said:

I'll reserve judgment until it's actually in people hands not a preview of a beta essentially. Could it suck? Sure. Should anybody be drawing any conclusions based on this pre reveal... no.

I don't think anyone is assuming what the service will be like short of whatever it is right now, it doesn't seem that MS is confident enough to beta it like Sony did at CES in 2014 or Google did when it released Google Stream Beta's into the wild. Remember Sony Announced and gave live hands on demos of their service at the same event in 2014. Google announced theirs in October 2018 and also released the live beta's that same month.

Just for context, Microsoft announced their service in the beginning of October 2018 along with Google... The public at large has yet to get their hands on the product and this is the best we've seen from MS in terms of anything "functional".

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@michaelmikado said:
@Steppy_76 said:

I don't think anyone is assuming what the service will be like short of whatever it is right now, it doesn't seem that MS is confident enough to beta it like Sony did at CES in 2014 or Google did when it released Google Stream Beta's into the wild. Remember Sony Announced and gave live hands on demos of their service at the same event in 2014. Google announced theirs in October 2018 and also released the live beta's that same month.

Just for context, Microsoft announced their service in the beginning of October 2018 along with Google... The public at large has yet to get their hands on the product and this is the best we've seen from MS in terms of anything "functional".

I think there is a LOT of assuming going on in this thread(or more apt perhaps, trolling from certain users). Anyway, to me it appears as though both Sony and Google are using pretty much a traditional thin client server architecture for their streaming products, while MS is attempting something a little more complicated. I think we can all agree that currently there needs to be some things addressed, latency, scalability, and flexability. If everybody attempts to do the same thing to solve a problem we typically end up with same results for good or bad. Attempting new methods is generally where the most progress tends to happen.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 michaelmikado

@Steppy_76:

What’s the assumption? How is xCloud doing anything more complicated than a thin client????? Who’s the one assuming xCloud is more “complicated” than a thin client??

As it stands now MS is doing the exact thing Sony did 5 years ago in 2014 by putting blade servers made of its last gen devices up basically rdp into them.

MS is only claiming public betas in 2019, not launch. It could be 2020 by the time the service launches and based on their own strategy of putting XB1 servers in the cloud it would be eerily similarly to what Sony did with PSNow at launch, again 5 years ago.