Microsoft xCloud Gameplay Forza Horizon 4. Public Trials in 2019

• 122 results
#101 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@true_link: It's less me jumping in to defend the PC, and more me just calling out your hornboy (or girl) posting habit lusting after the PC. It's literally your go-to lol. If you want one so bad, don't try to be "cool" and play it off, just indulge... It's pretty dope. Join the neckbeards mate.

#102 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (814 posts) -

I'm not optimistic. Streaming sounds fine but it's really not in practice. Maybe it's a budget option for people who can't afford a proper system or who want to play slower paced games on the go, or whatever, but it's pretty clear that it's never going to be a substitute for local hardware.

Also, what is up with MS using a racing game of all things to showcase streaming... Sheesh.

#103 Posted by DrLostRib (4885 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@true_link: It's less me jumping in to defend the PC, and more me just calling out your hornboy (or girl) posting habit lusting after the PC. It's literally your go-to lol.

some might say he's upset or triggered, maybe both

#104 Edited by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@true_link: It's less me jumping in to defend the PC, and more me just calling out your hornboy (or girl) posting habit lusting after the PC. It's literally your go-to lol.

some might say he's upset or triggered, maybe both

This is a brilliant diagnosis Doctor.

lol.

#105 Edited by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

LMAO, at the cows now shifting the goal posts to but Sony is the first Console manufacturer to do that when in the previous posts claim Sony is the first and had 15 years head start. Don't care, they weren't the first. The technology existed before Sony did anything and have been done in a better way. Nvidia did it first and better. Why would anybody restrict the comparison to only console manufacturers/console games unless they are butthurt? Google isn't a console manufacturer, neither is Nvidia nor would Amazon be while all of them are valid competitors. Cows are so fixated to one up MS that they want to ignore all the other players just like in SW where PCs don't count in any graphics/games/exclusive thread.

Remote play isn't the cloud streaming. Remote play is using my hardware to stream game to another device that I have, not dependent on Sony's data centers or servers. It's peer to peer connection not a dedicated cloud streaming. Even then they fail because they had shitty IQ, shitty resolution, shitty latency compared to other services like Nvidia's and no Sony didn't have shit when they made RemotePlay working, it was at best functional not ideal because when they shifted to Nvidia's GRID technology they have been on record saying how that transforms the entire solution and takes care of the problems they had with their streaming tech.

Anyone with an ounce of brain could see why remote play can't be feasible for thousands of miles away as claimed because the latency on top of console's own pipeline would have killed it. It was at best the local streaming solution that could be considered as functional THEORETICALLY over any large distance. Cows lack of understanding for that or downright refusal to accept it is astounding. (The image is from Sony's own PR for PS NOW when they announced it).

No body cares who did it first for console games. It has existed before and Sony isn't the first or best by any stretch of imagination and yes, they have technological as well as business handicap for not supporting higher resolution, FPS, IQ and latency. They need enough server/hardware grunt in the data center to do that which they don't as evident from their shitty queuing system. They don't have the technology nor the funds to scale it hence the business handicap. As for higher res, Sony added PS4 games to PS NOW in 2017 and yet can't support 1080p after 2 years, so much for their library only consists of 720p titles and the shitty excuse before that queuing is just a time until a server instance is spun up which was false as per Sony's own explanation. LOL at people who are desperate enough to bring peer-to-peer connection remote streaming (which were also crap compared to other solutions on PC) to defend Sony's crap dedicated cloud game streaming for which they NEED to have THEIR OWN DATACENTERS/HARDWARE/SERVERS and enough grunt if they ever were to SUPPORT 1080p+, 60 FPS+ etc.

Sony isn't the first, Sony isn't the best, All Sony did was copied other's BETTER solution and presented their crap alternative because of technical as well as financial/business constraints. Sony isn't the bar, Nvidia is, period.

#106 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

Why are you wasting your time. You know you're talking to a reCloud's alt.

#107 Edited by tormentos (29003 posts) -

@Antwan3K said:

According to the official PlayStation and Xbox websites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/ , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Uncharted is an action/adventure series.. Gears of War is a shooter series.. two different genres.. as usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about..

How about you try and actually play games for a change rather than just fanboying over them..

Uncharted is a 3rd person game were you SHOOT people.

It has an online mode which is totally based on shooting people.

Uncharted also allow you to explore which is why is also tag as action adventure but the definition of a 3rd person shooter is that the game is 3rd person and that you can shoot,in fact tomb raider and even quantum break are consider 3rd person shooter.

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/naughty_dog_and_uncharted_2_wins_big_at_e3_2009

And in 2009 Uncharted 2 won best 3rd person shooter on gametrailers.

Not only have i play gears or war but i have play both and just because the theme is different and mechanics are a little different doesn't mean uncharted is not a shooter.

You can catalog Gran theft auto as a racing game if you drive more than shooting,oh wait you can explore,so is an action adveture game, no wait one of the biggest mechanic of the ganme is shooting and the game is a 3rd person game,bu you can also fly airplanes so is a fly simulator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_third-person_shooters

lol.

Even resident evil is a 3rd person shooter by its core mechanics yet is describe as a horror survivor game because of its theme.

But reality is that they are 3rd person games in which you SHOOT.

According to you Uncharted 2 was so great that in won on gametrailer in a catgory it could not compete is like GTA winning best racing game. lol

@pc_rocks said:

Over Wifi connection is not cloud streaming and Sony wasn't the first. PC had that already. Grasping for straws. Geforce Now was first and was/is the better service. They care about quality unlike Sony that has to put users in queue because it can't service the low amount of users it has, much less serve the large quantity when cloud gaming takes off. In short Sony's service even to date isn't ready for the prime time and others had better service in the beta. They rolling it it early has no bearing in actual world.

This is the most moronic thing i have ever read,it was over the internet ass i say over any wifi connection because you have to turn on your wifi connection to connect to any internet modem that had wireless assess by this point you are totally loss.

Here it hows is goes your PS3 is on your house.

You are on your work 50 miles away from your home.

You turn on your PSP and connect by wifi to the internet.

From your PSP you remotely sent a signal over the damn internet that tell your PS3 to turn on by "" IT DAMN SELF"".

and your PS3 acting as a cloud were your FREAKING PS1 GAMES MOVIES OR MUSIC ARE STORE STREAM THEM TO YOU.

THE PS3 STREAM YOU KNOW WHAT THE DAMN WORD STREAM MEANS?

Yeah so stop your bullshit wifi is the connection method you use to connect your PSP to the internet but is the internet which you use as vehicle to stream the content.

But not only are you wrong on that premise streaming is streaming locally or over the internet the premise is the exact same shit, the only difference is that over the internet you can do it over bast distances while locally you are restricted by the device wifi range.

Class dismiss.

#109 Posted by michaelmikado (362 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Sony isn't the first, Sony isn't the best, All Sony did was copied other's BETTER solution and presented their crap alternative because of technical as well as financial/business constraints. Sony isn't the bar, Nvidia is, period.

How is Nvidia the bar of financial, business, or technical constraints when they having even launched their product yet?

Geforce Now is still in beta and not even released as a product. An example of a streaming service is Shadow which doesn't even include games and costs $35 a month, $420 a year just to stream a gaming computer, no games.

You can't even get your facts straight on what are actually launched and working streaming services let alone the technology or business reasons behind them.

#110 Edited by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Antwan3K said:

According to the official PlayStation and Xbox websites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/ , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Uncharted is an action/adventure series.. Gears of War is a shooter series.. two different genres.. as usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about..

How about you try and actually play games for a change rather than just fanboying over them..

@pc_rocks said:

Over Wifi connection is not cloud streaming and Sony wasn't the first. PC had that already. Grasping for straws. Geforce Now was first and was/is the better service. They care about quality unlike Sony that has to put users in queue because it can't service the low amount of users it has, much less serve the large quantity when cloud gaming takes off. In short Sony's service even to date isn't ready for the prime time and others had better service in the beta. They rolling it it early has no bearing in actual world.

This is the most moronic thing i have ever read,it was over the internet ass i say over any wifi connection because you have to turn on your wifi connection to connect to any internet modem that had wireless assess by this point you are totally loss.

Here it hows is goes your PS3 is on your house.

You are on your work 50 miles away from your home.

You turn on your PSP and connect by wifi to the internet.

From your PSP you remotely sent a signal over the damn internet that tell your PS3 to turn on by "" IT DAMN SELF"".

and your PS3 acting as a cloud were your FREAKING PS1 GAMES MOVIES OR MUSIC ARE STORE STREAM THEM TO YOU.

THE PS3 STREAM YOU KNOW WHAT THE DAMN WORD STREAM MEANS?

Yeah so stop your bullshit wifi is the connection method you use to connect your PSP to the internet but is the internet which you use as vehicle to stream the content.

But not only are you wrong on that premise streaming is streaming locally or over the internet the premise is the exact same shit, the only difference is that over the internet you can do it over bast distances while locally you are restricted by the device wifi range.

Class dismiss.

So still an idiot that brushed aside all the arguments presented and just fixating on the but but it CAN work over the internet. I explicitly explained everything why it's not at all comparable to cloud streaming but remain a delusional, dismissive part of cows hive mind. Sony wasn't the first and not the best. Everything they did has been done before and better by others. All the Sony's offerings in the streaming space is shit compared to other services. RemotePlay(Peer to Peer) in no shape or form was the first and in no way shape or form be considered as dedicated cloud streaming, the image I posted from Sony/Nvidia PR also proves it. Keep trying to repeat it again and again hoping it might make it true but it won't.

Remain mad.

#111 Edited by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@michaelmikado said:
@pc_rocks said:

How is Nvidia the bar of financial, business, or technical constraints when they having even launched their product yet?

Geforce Now is still in beta and not even released as a product. An example of a streaming service is Shadow which doesn't even include games and costs $35 a month, $420 a year just to stream a gaming computer, no games.

You can't even get your facts straight on what are actually launched and working streaming services let alone the technology or business reasons behind them.

So you came back after all the beating you took? If you had some shame you wouldn't get back after proven false on your excuse for queueing. But but, the queue exists because they are spinning a new instance, false. Sony don't have the capacity to serve many users. Remote Play isn't cloud streaming. None of what you claimed has an ounce of truth in it and a constant barrage of goal posts move. I told you I won't reply to you but since you're lying out of your a$$ and claiming no one claimed Sony was the first or I'm the one who brought PS Now into discussion, here's a reminder:

@tormentos said:

Sony has been doing for several years now what MS is faking in this video so there is no jealousy at all.

@michaelmikado said:

Right now I’m sticking with PSNow as I think I already see what Sony is aiming for based on the past 5 years of using PSnow but I’m firming in camp Google as their nearest competitor.

@michaelmikado said:

As it stands now MS is doing the exact thing Sony did 5 years ago in 2014 by putting blade servers made of its last gen devices up basically rdp into them.

@michaelmikado said:

WOW, I actually came to say this exact same thing almost word for word. Glad people are finally understanding the history of game streaming and realizing that Sony isn't "just" starting this process. They have almost a decade and a half of game streaming via the internet experience.

And then you switched the goalpost to console manufacturer when you have been proven wrong because you thought no one knows about Nvidia or Geforce Now. Again why would anyone care about Sony as the FIRST CONSOLE MANUFACTURER to do that, Sony is and won't just be competing with console manufacturers for cloud game streaming. That's the same selective reasoning and cherry picking of Sony is the best if this, this and that don't count.

@michaelmikado said:

Fact 2) Sony, is the FIRST and ONLY mainstream console stream feature of any of the major consoles. This is NOT debatable. The fact is Sony has had the technology to perform real-time video compression/decompression and sending it across the internet to a remote PSP while also working on control input latency and they've been doing this for a decade and a half.

It was cows who brought PS Now into the discussion and claimed it to be superior as well as the first. None of that is true. So remain mad knowing that and no amount of personal insults will change that you're biased as hell for Sony and purposefully tried to misled people thinking they wouldn't know how things work. And you have been reported for your personal insults in the quote below:

@michaelmikado said:

Yikes not sure why this turned into a discussion about PSnow. Or why PSnow is the one on trial when we’re looking at the presentation from MS’s xCloud. I don’t think anyone in this thread ever ever even claimed Sony were first at cloud streaming but were the first console game streaming feature. I can only assume certain users have recently been committed to an institution and using their 1 hour of free internet access to make arguments that no one ever made.

If someone can point to me where in this thread anyone said Sony was the first or best game streaming service maybe the user can finally stop arguing with that imaginary person in their heads. Please hurry because I think a very specific user is mentally broken by the facts presented and is hearing voices of arguments not made.

Lastly, you're again wrong because Geforce Now and Geforce Now on Shield are different services and I was talking about Shield which isn't in beta. Again you showing your lack of knowledge about anything.

Sony isn't the first, definitely isn't the best and only copied what others did better them them albeit in low quality.

#112 Posted by Daredevils2k (2028 posts) -

After all the lies ms had made this gen, I. Can’t believe how lemmings keep defending them .

#113 Edited by michaelmikado (362 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@michaelmikado said:
@pc_rocks said:

So you came back after all the beating you took? If you had some shame you wouldn't get back after proven false on your excuse for queueing. But but, the queue exists because they are spinning a new instance, false. Sony don't have the capacity to serve many users. Remote Play isn't cloud streaming. None of what you claimed has an ounce of truth in it and a constant barrage of goal posts move. I told you I won't reply to you but since you're lying out of your a$$ and claiming no one claimed Sony was the first or I'm the one who brought PS Now into discussion, here's a reminder:

@tormentos said:

Sony has been doing for several years now what MS is faking in this video so there is no jealousy at all.

@michaelmikado said:

Right now I’m sticking with PSNow as I think I already see what Sony is aiming for based on the past 5 years of using PSnow but I’m firming in camp Google as their nearest competitor.

@michaelmikado said:

As it stands now MS is doing the exact thing Sony did 5 years ago in 2014 by putting blade servers made of its last gen devices up basically rdp into them.

@michaelmikado said:

WOW, I actually came to say this exact same thing almost word for word. Glad people are finally understanding the history of game streaming and realizing that Sony isn't "just" starting this process. They have almost a decade and a half of game streaming via the internet experience.

And then you switched the goalpost to console manufacturer when you have been proven wrong because you thought no one knows about Nvidia or Geforce Now.

@michaelmikado said:

Fact 2) Sony, is the FIRST and ONLY mainstream console stream feature of any of the major consoles. This is NOT debatable. The fact is Sony has had the technology to perform real-time video compression/decompression and sending it across the internet to a remote PSP while also working on control input latency and they've been doing this for a decade and a half.

It was cows who brought PS Now into the discussion and claimed it to be superior as well as the first. None of that is true. So remain mad knowing that and no amount of personal insults will change that you're biased as hell for Sony and purposefully tried to misled people thinking they wouldn't know how things work. And you have been reported for your personal insults in the quote below:

@michaelmikado said:

Yikes not sure why this turned into a discussion about PSnow. Or why PSnow is the one on trial when we’re looking at the presentation from MS’s xCloud. I don’t think anyone in this thread ever ever even claimed Sony were first at cloud streaming but were the first console game streaming feature. I can only assume certain users have recently been committed to an institution and using their 1 hour of free internet access to make arguments that no one ever made.

If someone can point to me where in this thread anyone said Sony was the first or best game streaming service maybe the user can finally stop arguing with that imaginary person in their heads. Please hurry because I think a very specific user is mentally broken by the facts presented and is hearing voices of arguments not made.

Lastly, you're again wrong because Geforce Now and Geforce Now on Shield are different services and I was talking about Shield which isn't in beta. Again you showing your lack of knowledge about anything.

Sony isn't the first, definitely isn't the best and only copied what others did better them them albeit in low quality.

Report away buddy, but I'm not wrong and you're assuming that you're the user in question.

There is no queuing message on NA PSNow FAQs. Sorry you are wrong, it does still exist for other regions but not regularly part of NA services as the service has scaled and evolved since launch. Regions like Europe will still experience queue constraints which is where your link was from.

Next, not a single one of your quotes show anyone claiming Sony did it first or better. Wrong again.

Lastly, no ALL Geforce Now services are in beta even the Geforce Shield. WRONG WRONG WRONG. You aren't able to get simple basic information correct.

From Nvidia's website. They even closed their own store and reduced services. Again you can't even get the basic information correct. You've just been completely wrong, derailing the threads with arguments that no one made. Now if you want to talk about this "bar" that Nvidia sets where they restrict users to 4 hours of gameplay at a time so that other players get a chance on their servers we certainly can talk about Geforce Now limitations on a service that isn't released and that you claim is the "bar".

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/geforce-now/faq/

HOW HAS GEFORCE NOW CHANGED?

Earlier this year we stopped charging a monthly service fee for GeForce NOW and closed down our game store. We are happy to announce that GeForce NOW on SHIELD is now a free beta, which lets you play your PC games from popular digital stores - such as Steam, Uplay and Epic Games, and popular free-to-play games. It also supports multiplayer so can play with your friends online. For now, we will continue to offer a select collection of game for free to our GeForce NOW SHIELD members. and all your old saved games will be there.

#114 Posted by tormentos (29003 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

So still an idiot that brushed aside all the arguments presented and just fixating on the but but it CAN work over the internet. I explicitly explained everything why it's not at all comparable to cloud streaming but remain a delusional, dismissive part of cows hive mind. Sony wasn't the first and not the best. Everything they did has been done before and better by others. All the Sony's offerings in the streaming space is shit compared to other services. RemotePlay(Peer to Peer) in no shape or form was the first and in no way shape or form be considered as dedicated cloud streaming, the image I posted from Sony/Nvidia PR also proves it. Keep trying to repeat it again and again hoping it might make it true but it won't.

Remain mad.

You didn't have any argument and the simple fact that you try to downplay local stream as been different to online streaming show how wrong you are as the results and purpose is the same.

A cloud will run a game or a movie for you using its hardware and then stream you a movie,in the case of games a low latency video stream.

Which is exactly what you do with the PS3 and PSP but in that process the PS3 is netflix or PS Now and the PSP the end receiver.

You are an idiot and you don't know what the fu** you are talking about the only different between using a PS3 and using ps now is that there are a cluster of servers joined rather than just 1 platform but the principle is exactly the same.

Remote play is not just to stream games when you are close to your hardware in the case of the PS3 and PSP using the internet you achieve the same thing but over great distances,the fact that i can turn on my PS3 from 100 miles and stream games to my PSP basically kill any argument you have about local play.

#115 Posted by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Remain mad.

You didn't have any argument and the simple fact that you try to downplay local stream as been different to online streaming show how wrong you are as the results and purpose is the same.

A cloud will run a game or a movie for you using its hardware and then stream you a movie,in the case of games a low latency video stream.

Which is exactly what you do with the PS3 and PSP but in that process the PS3 is netflix or PS Now and the PSP the end receiver.

You are an idiot and you don't know what the fu** you are talking about the only different between using a PS3 and using ps now is that there are a cluster of servers joined rather than just 1 platform but the principle is exactly the same.

Remote play is not just to stream games when you are close to your hardware in the case of the PS3 and PSP using the internet you achieve the same thing but over great distances,the fact that i can turn on my PS3 from 100 miles and stream games to my PSP basically kill any argument you have about local play.

Remote Play =/= dedicated cloud streaming. It's P2P and was only intended for local streaming as per Sony's own graph. No amount of DC or goalpost moves will change that. You can't stream it over long distances period. And what would be the use of Cloud Streaming if I had to own a PS3/PS4 that is the primary difference. Even then in terms of P2P Remote Play wasn't the first. And you definitely couldn't stream for your PS3 over 100 miles as the latency is too much for the game to playable, again as per Sony's own graph. Keep trying to make RemotePlay into something extraordinary, it wasn't and repeating it again and again won't make it true.

Remain mad.

#116 Edited by michaelmikado (362 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Remain mad.

Remote Play =/= dedicated cloud streaming. It's P2P and was only intended for local streaming as per Sony's own graph. No amount of DC or goalpost moves will change that. You can't stream it over long distances period. And what would be the use of Cloud Streaming if I had to own a PS3/PS4 that is the primary difference. Even then in terms of P2P Remote Play wasn't the first. And you definitely couldn't stream for your PS3 over 100 miles as the latency is too much for the game to playable, again as per Sony's own graph. Keep trying to make RemotePlay into something extraordinary, it wasn't and repeating it again and again won't make it true.

Remain mad.

This shows you have no idea what you’re talking about. Cloud gaming is more than running a data center. The biggest challenge isn’t spinning up cloud resources. It’s reducing latency and real-time encoding and decoding of the stream. The point remains Sony has been working on the single biggest challenge of remote gaming for 13 years and they are the only provider right now with a fully all inclusive and LAUNCHED game streaming service. They are the only service that includes both the streaming and the games. As to the P2P streaming, the vast majority of PSNow subscribers already own a PS4. Allowing users connect to their own console and play games for FREE to other devices is what sets this apart. Even something like Shadow charges you $35 a month to do this you still have to buy your own games.

As for remote play you could absolutely play your own games. The distance really adds little latency. So it could be 5 miles or 50 and it wouldnt generate much difference. You largest differenc would be the routes in between but you are much much much more likely to have more latency on the hardware at the endpoints like your home or work routers as that’s usually the cheapest and most bottlenecked segment of the network route.

#117 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

@lundy86_4: sure, let us all pretend PC Fannies are not insecure if that will make them happy, I'll happily play along. Lol

#118 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@true_link: It's okay Link... I know PC fanboys make you irrationally mad lol.

#119 Edited by PC_Rocks (2225 posts) -

@michaelmikado said:

Report away buddy, but I'm not wrong and you're assuming that you're the user in question.

There is no queuing message on NA PSNow FAQs. Sorry you are wrong, it does still exist for other regions but not regularly part of NA services as the service has scaled and evolved since launch. Regions like Europe will still experience queue constraints which is where your link was from.

Next, not a single one of your quotes show anyone claiming Sony did it first or better. Wrong again.

Lastly, no ALL Geforce Now services are in beta even the Geforce Shield. WRONG WRONG WRONG. You aren't able to get simple basic information correct.

From Nvidia's website. They even closed their own store and reduced services. Again you can't even get the basic information correct. You've just been completely wrong, derailing the threads with arguments that no one made. Now if you want to talk about this "bar" that Nvidia sets where they restrict users to 4 hours of gameplay at a time so that other players get a chance on their servers we certainly can talk about Geforce Now limitations on a service that isn't released and that you claim is the "bar".

Earlier this year we stopped charging a monthly service fee for GeForce NOW and closed down our game store. We are happy to announce that GeForce NOW on SHIELD is now a free beta, which lets you play your PC games from popular digital stores - such as Steam, Uplay and Epic Games, and popular free-to-play games. It also supports multiplayer so can play with your friends online. For now, we will continue to offer a select collection of game for free to our GeForce NOW SHIELD members. and all your old saved games will be there.

Yes, there were queues on N, they may removed in the FAQ and increased capacity for users or users in NA could have decreased. Anyway, it still exists n the rest of the world and that wasn't the point, you tried to claim in other thread that queueing is because of client's poor internet connection and in the subsequent posts tried to claim that queues exist because Sony is spinning a new VM to serve the user. Both were false. Sony didn't and don't have the capacity to serve large no. of users. WRONG AGAIN and deliberately tried to misled people. Here's the evidence:

@michaelmikado said:

it sounds like you may have an end user issue if the entire service isn't working for you. Maybe you should move to someplace that doesn't use cooper string for an internet connection,

@michaelmikado said:

The queue exists because there is higher demand than expected and they have to create VMs on the fly which is the entire point of the cloud!

Sony's own explanation:

To ensure the best possible experience for all users the number of players allowed to use PlayStation Now at any one time is capped to reduce lag and maintain high picture quality.

Each user is assigned a slot in the data centre server, so you may need to wait in a queue for a user to give up their slot before you can play. Lots of users can play at any one time, so you should find that you won’t be queuing for very long.

Source

Once you have been proven wrong you tried to DC by moving the goal post to outages which is irrelevant to the point.

Now as far as 4 hours of Geforce Now Sessions are concerned. It's isn't because they can't serve the users because you can immediately start another session unlike PS Now as per the explanation provided by Nvidia:

Hi All

Our service has a maximum single session limit of 4 hours. The system gives you a warning 5 minutes before ending your session to allow you to save your game.

You can immediately restart another session to continue playing your game, but we do this just to confirm that there is a human playing.

So yes, Nvidia has a better service, better scalability, better IQ, better resolution, better FPS, better latency than Sony's crap PS Now. Nvidia is the bar not PS Now.

The only thing I was wrong about is Geforce for Shield not in beta which I'm happy to concede. It again hows how other companies care about Quality because their service in the free beta is better than Sony's service in the production, LMAO. Oh and yes, all the posts by you and your fellow cows in this thread about xCloud regarding PS Now were trying to give Sony credit to something others have done and deliberately tried to ignore Nvidia when you were one upping MS which is also evident when you tried to move the goal post to first console manufacturer.

EDIT: Thank you for providing proof that you did meant Sony as the first service provider in order to one up me:

@michaelmikado said:

It’s reducing latency and real-time encoding and decoding of the stream. The point remains Sony has been working on the single biggest challenge of remote gaming for 13 years and they are the only provider right now with a fully all inclusive and LAUNCHED game streaming service. They are the only service that includes both the streaming and the games.

As for the reduced latency and encoding/decoding. It was all done by Nvidia for Sony and as per Sony/Nvidia's own PR Sony could only be able to offer somewhat of a workable service only after switching to Nvidia's solution which is still shit compared to Nvidia's own offering. SO thanks for proving Sony did nothing. Lastly, datacenters and ABSOLUTELY necessary or else you have shitty issues of queues in PS Now which is on top of below standard 720p resolution in 2019, higher latency, low IQ, sub 30 FPS and you definitely need hardware grunt to overcome these issues. As for P2P, PC had and has better options for that and again RemotePlay is irrelevant to the point.

So to recap, Sony isn't the first, definitely not the best and has crap service compared to existing and upcoming competition (Project Stream). Back to ignore list.

#120 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

@lundy86_4: *yawn*

#121 Edited by Antwan3K (4397 posts) -

@tormentos: Sony's official PlayStation website lists Uncharted as an action/adventure series, not a 3rd person shooter series.. that's really the beginning and end of the conversation.. nothing else you just said matters..

Uncharted is an action adventure game.. Gears of War is a shooter.. those are two different genres.. Period..

This is the very reason i tend to ignore everything you post because you are a blind fanboy who cant admit the simplest truths and you absolutely refuse to admit when you're wrong.. take a look at those pictures again, taken straight from the official Playstation and Xbox websites.. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is an ACTION / ADVENTURE game.. it's right there in black and white yet you're still arguing against a plain and simple FACT..

Just take the "L" here and move on.. it's not that big of a deal.. but you are indeed wrong and it's plain to see.. I'm not sure what else needs to be said here..

#122 Posted by lundy86_4 (53087 posts) -

@true_link: lol.

#123 Edited by michaelmikado (362 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@michaelmikado said:

Yes, there were queues on N, they may removed in the FAQ and increased capacity for users or users in NA could have decreased. Anyway, it still exists n the rest of the world and that wasn't the point, you tried to claim in other thread that queueing is because of client's poor internet connection and in the subsequent posts tried to claim that queues exist because Sony is spinning a new VM to serve the user. Both were false. Sony didn't and don't have the capacity to serve large no. of users. WRONG AGAIN and deliberately tried to misled people. Here's the evidence:

@michaelmikado said:

it sounds like you may have an end user issue if the entire service isn't working for you. Maybe you should move to someplace that doesn't use cooper string for an internet connection,

@michaelmikado said:

The queue exists because there is higher demand than expected and they have to create VMs on the fly which is the entire point of the cloud!

Sony's own explanation:

To ensure the best possible experience for all users the number of players allowed to use PlayStation Now at any one time is capped to reduce lag and maintain high picture quality.

Each user is assigned a slot in the data centre server, so you may need to wait in a queue for a user to give up their slot before you can play. Lots of users can play at any one time, so you should find that you won’t be queuing for very long.

Source

Once you have been proven wrong you tried to DC by moving the goal post to outages which is irrelevant to the point.

Now as far as 4 hours of Geforce Now Sessions are concerned. It's isn't because they can't serve the users because you can immediately start another session unlike PS Now as per the explanation provided by Nvidia:

Hi All

Our service has a maximum single session limit of 4 hours. The system gives you a warning 5 minutes before ending your session to allow you to save your game.

You can immediately restart another session to continue playing your game, but we do this just to confirm that there is a human playing.

So yes, Nvidia has a better service, better scalability, better IQ, better resolution, better FPS, better latency than Sony's crap PS Now. Nvidia is the bar not PS Now.

The only thing I was wrong about is Geforce for Shield not in beta which I'm happy to concede. It again hows how other companies care about Quality because their service in the free beta is better than Sony's service in the production, LMAO. Oh and yes, all the posts by you and your fellow cows in this thread about xCloud regarding PS Now were trying to give Sony credit to something others have done and deliberately tried to ignore Nvidia when you were one upping MS which is also evident when you tried to move the goal post to first console manufacturer.

EDIT: Thank you for providing proof that you did meant Sony as the first service provider in order to one up me:

@michaelmikado said:

It’s reducing latency and real-time encoding and decoding of the stream. The point remains Sony has been working on the single biggest challenge of remote gaming for 13 years and they are the only provider right now with a fully all inclusive and LAUNCHED game streaming service. They are the only service that includes both the streaming and the games.

As for the reduced latency and encoding/decoding. It was all done by Nvidia for Sony and as per Sony/Nvidia's own PR Sony could only be able to offer somewhat of a workable service only after switching to Nvidia's solution which is still shit compared to Nvidia's own offering. SO thanks for proving Sony did nothing. Lastly, datacenters and ABSOLUTELY necessary or else you have shitty issues of queues in PS Now which is on top of below standard 720p resolution in 2019, higher latency, low IQ, sub 30 FPS and you definitely need hardware grunt to overcome these issues. As for P2P, PC had and has better options for that and again RemotePlay is irrelevant to the point.

So to recap, Sony isn't the first, definitely not the best and has crap service compared to existing and upcoming competition (Project Stream). Back to ignore list.

Look, I'm not even going to debate you because you're wrong and won't listen to reason. You are misrepresenting and lying and seriously psycho. PSNow in NA has moved to using VM rather than hardware PS3 servers. It's why the queue information has been removed from NA and why VMs are being spin up or down as demand dictates it. This is 100% true. You keep quoting the information for Europe to prove your point which are still using the older PS3 blade servers. Like I said, I won't continue to debate you because you seriously have no idea what you are talking about. Bandwidth isn't free, VMs aren't free. You are comparing services that in beta with a service designed to run sub HD games and give you unlimited play for a monthly fee of streamed games. I'll break down the facts and then it can continue in the thread I'm making for comparing the services.

Facts:

All Geforce Now services are currently in free beta.

Geforce Now access does NOT include games, you would need to either own the games or play Free to play games.

Only Geforce Shield includes some games however they are in limited quantity on only for the beta.

Geforce Now was Launched with an online store which required users to purchase the games. This service has closed and gamers who purchased games via that service which are no longer supported will get game keys, however if they were using Geforce Now as their gaming PC then game keys likely won't help much...

Geforce Now at commercial launch is proposed to cost $25 per month for 20 hours of server use. This does NOT include games, just access to use Geforce compatible game you own.

Sony possesses the ability to stream 1080P and high frame rate games as evident by PSNow using the same technology as Remote Play. You are not making the distinction between technological ability and business decisions. When PSNow launched, it's cost per hour to consumers was approximately $1.25 per hour of gaming which included the game and streaming. It's last rental prices ran between $0.50-$0.75 per gaming hour and they have since decreased that price to allow unlimited gaming at $20 per month or $100 per year (just over $8 per month.) The proposed Geforce Now pricing would be exactly $1.25..... just like when PSNow first launched and doesn't even include games. Again you cannot ignore the reality of the cost per gaming hour of streaming because it is a service.

It's like comparing a Mustang to a Ferrari. Yes, in virtually all metrics a Ferrari is going to outpace it but you aren't working with the same price point. Your failure to recognize this is incredibly disappointing. It's like saying a $300 consoles sucks because they are doing 90fps and 4K like your $1800 gaming rig is. No one with two brain cells to rub together does that, but that's exactly what you are doing.