pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Steppy_76: why do you care so much about MS’s infrastructure development process?

Are you not a consumer? Not sure why you need to be defensive of a multi billion dollar corporation? Unless you’re a shill...

We are the consumers, and this type of presentation is comical and downright embarrassing. I’m here to buy and enjoy completed and polished products, not beta test for the poor little indie company known as Microsoft.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@michaelmikado said:

@Steppy_76:

What’s the assumption? How is xCloud doing anything more complicated than a thin client????? Who’s the one assuming xCloud is more “complicated” than a thin client??

As it stands now MS is doing the exact thing Sony did 5 years ago in 2014 by putting blade servers made of its last gen devices up basically rdp into them.

MS is only claiming public betas in 2019, not launch. It could be 2020 by the time the service launches and based on their own strategy of putting XB1 servers in the cloud it would be eerily similarly to what Sony did with PSNow at launch, again 5 years ago.

MS is attempting to vary the processing load depending on the relative power of the client accessing the service, I know you know this as well because you've stated you don't think it can/will work. I don't work for Sony, MS, or Google, I can only go by what I've read about them. I'm glad that somebody is attempting something different with streaming, because the limited time I had with PSNow was mediocre at best, and streaming NEEDS to improve if in fact the industry goes that route.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Steppy_76

@pdogg93 said:

@Steppy_76: why do you care so much about MS’s infrastructure development process?

Are you not a consumer? Not sure why you need to be defensive of a multi billion dollar corporation? Unless you’re a shill...

We are the consumers, and this type of presentation is comical and downright embarrassing. I’m here to buy and enjoy completed and polished products, not beta test for the poor little indie company known as Microsoft.

I don't care about the infrastructure, merely SOMEBODY doing more than running the game wholely on a remote server and sending it to a remote screen. That's how everybody has been doing it, and the results are not great. Hell maybe Google does have it figured out, but the same complaints about PSNow has persisted throughout its current incarnation as well its previous one(latency and lag).

Is xcloud available to you somehow today? If not, then where is the connection to this presentation and a "completed and polished product". This is NOT a "completed and polished product" nor was there ever any claim that it was. It was stated public TESTING is going to possibly occur at some point this year...does that scream "completed and polished product to you"? Sit down and shut the **** up.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By michaelmikado
Member since 2019 • 406 Posts

@Steppy_76 said:
@michaelmikado said:

@Steppy_76:

What’s the assumption? How is xCloud doing anything more complicated than a thin client????? Who’s the one assuming xCloud is more “complicated” than a thin client??

As it stands now MS is doing the exact thing Sony did 5 years ago in 2014 by putting blade servers made of its last gen devices up basically rdp into them.

MS is only claiming public betas in 2019, not launch. It could be 2020 by the time the service launches and based on their own strategy of putting XB1 servers in the cloud it would be eerily similarly to what Sony did with PSNow at launch, again 5 years ago.

MS is attempting to vary the processing load depending on the relative power of the client accessing the service, I know you know this as well because you've stated you don't think it can/will work. I don't work for Sony, MS, or Google, I can only go by what I've read about them. I'm glad that somebody is attempting something different with streaming, because the limited time I had with PSNow was mediocre at best, and streaming NEEDS to improve if in fact the industry goes that route.

MS has only briefly talked about it's "splices" or slices however this has some VERYhard implications for both Developers and their games. The "splicing" technology refers to having segments of the game processed locally. Which can take several forms, but the most common is that it would download the initial game engine (which can be several gigs by itself) and rough wireframe with hitboxes and physics is rendered locally (which can also be processor intensive). The problem with that is that it requires the client to have the processing power to actually run the game engine and physics meaning either your ENTIRE GAME ACROSS ALL SYSTEMS is downgraded to run on the lowest common denominator or you do what Google and PSNow are doing anyway and render the entire game remotely. There is no way to get around the technical mechanics of modern games unless you want a game with crappy play mechanics but "looks next-gen". And that's why we have to read past the marketing speak everytime Microsoft starts talking to us like we are idiots. It's feeling like kinect, always online, power of the cloud all over again. They assume their audience doesn't have a fundamental understanding of how computers or networks work and talk about things that aren't realistic because they don't realize that anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows you can't run high level PC/Console physics locally on the free Cricket android phone you get for signing up...

This doesn't even take into account the added development and cost complexity of attempting to split your game out like that and then determine which devices which splices are able to run on. But ignoring all of that, the burden of proof remains on Microsoft who have yet to give a hands on to the general public. I'm certainly open to seeing a better way to do game streaming and if Microsoft is claiming their way is "better" just like they did with Kinect and "Power of the Cloud" then they need to prove it to everyone and not just have On-stage announcements. Google had their streaming service out in the wild. Sony technically has been letting gamers stream games over the internet for 13 years now. They had PS3 to PSP remote play over the internet back in 2016. I'm not asking for MS to do a fancy presentation, I'm asking them to put up their solution if they claim they have the best solution.

The fact is, they've shown us nothing but the above play video. But they had a fancy presentation.... while their competitors put controllers in gamers hands.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@BassMan said:

Wow! She is not even playing it. Pathetic.

I thought so as well and I honestly don't care much about this streaming stuff, but she Tweeted about this and said that she was playing live apparently:

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#56 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:
@BassMan said:

I thought so as well and I honestly don't care much about this streaming stuff, but she Tweeted about this and said that she was playing live apparently:

So... she gets called out for not playing and then lies about it again on Twitter. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Alucard_Prime said:
@BassMan said:

So... she gets called out for not playing and then lies about it again on Twitter. LOL

You know what they say, it takes one to know one, and you lie all the time sjwman lol.

As for Forza on mobile, well **** that shit, and double **** that shit when it comes to streaming.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

"Google >>> XCloud"??.. neither of these services are fully released yet..

Name a Sony 1st party First-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Halo series and/or Halo 5: Guardians.. Name a Sony 1st party Third-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Gears of War series and/or Gears of War 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Arcade Racing game that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Forza Horizon series and/or Forza Horizon 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Simulation Racing game that is more popular and critically acclaimed than the Forza Motorsports series and/or Forza Motorsports 7.. overall Gran Turismo can be named but clearly GT has faded in recent years in comparison to the latest Motorsports entries so this genre is debatable at best..

Now, there is no doubt that Sony cleans house with "bangers" if you mainly like singleplayer 3rd person action/adventure games.. there's no contest there.. but to pretend that single game genre outweighs "any" game genre that Xbox excels in is just plan false, especially when all this is purely subjective to begin with...

Nintendo has a strong 1st party portfolio but they don't approach Xbox in 3rd party gaming support (y'know, like 95% of games released), hardware power, online gaming, or gaming services..

the only blind stupidity on display here is your own..

Uncharted kicked the living crap out of Gears since last gen in fact no Gears is as high rated as Uncharted has been, to add insult to injury no gears chapter has sold as great as Uncharted 4 has and Gears now is a lo 80's series far from what it was while Uncharted still strong.

EPIC is not mackiong gears anymore when Gears was great was OWNED by Epic not MS.

And GT still is more popular than Forza it may not get as high rated now but is more popular oh and again no Forza game has score as high as the first GT did Forza is a GT clone and exist because GT paved the way.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos

@Steppy_76 said:

I think there is a LOT of assuming going on in this thread(or more apt perhaps, trolling from certain users). Anyway, to me it appears as though both Sony and Google are using pretty much a traditional thin client server architecture for their streaming products, while MS is attempting something a little more complicated. I think we can all agree that currently there needs to be some things addressed, latency, scalability, and flexability. If everybody attempts to do the same thing to solve a problem we typically end up with same results for good or bad. Attempting new methods is generally where the most progress tends to happen.

The only assumption i see here is yours MS is doing the same shit sony is doing,i told you people that streaming games wasn't just having servers and running the games,sony is ahead of MS on this because Gaikai and Onlive both own patent for low latency game streaming this isn't something that you can just do by simply running games off a cloud.

But don't worry this demo was totally faked in a very Kinect kind of way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@Antwan3K said:

"Google >>> XCloud"??.. neither of these services are fully released yet..

Name a Sony 1st party First-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Halo series and/or Halo 5: Guardians.. Name a Sony 1st party Third-Person Shooter that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Gears of War series and/or Gears of War 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Arcade Racing game that is more popular and more critically acclaimed than the Forza Horizon series and/or Forza Horizon 4.. Name a Sony 1st party Simulation Racing game that is more popular and critically acclaimed than the Forza Motorsports series and/or Forza Motorsports 7.. overall Gran Turismo can be named but clearly GT has faded in recent years in comparison to the latest Motorsports entries so this genre is debatable at best..

Now, there is no doubt that Sony cleans house with "bangers" if you mainly like singleplayer 3rd person action/adventure games.. there's no contest there.. but to pretend that single game genre outweighs "any" game genre that Xbox excels in is just plan false, especially when all this is purely subjective to begin with...

Nintendo has a strong 1st party portfolio but they don't approach Xbox in 3rd party gaming support (y'know, like 95% of games released), hardware power, online gaming, or gaming services..

the only blind stupidity on display here is your own..

Uncharted kicked the living crap out of Gears since last gen in fact no Gears is as high rated as Uncharted has been, to add insult to injury no gears chapter has sold as great as Uncharted 4 has and Gears now is a lo 80's series far from what it was while Uncharted still strong.

EPIC is not mackiong gears anymore when Gears was great was OWNED by Epic not MS.

And GT still is more popular than Forza it may not get as high rated now but is more popular oh and again no Forza game has score as high as the first GT did Forza is a GT clone and exist because GT paved the way.

Did you take lessons in stupidity tormy or where you born that way?

You use scores in one argument for a PS4 game and then in the same post use popularity as the measuring stick because an Xbox game scores higher than a PS4 one.

You're a hypocrite of the highest order.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You use scores in one argument for a PS4 game and then in the same post use popularity as the measuring stick because an Xbox game scores higher than a PS4 one.

1-Uncharted is more popular higher rated sold better than gears period.

2-GT is more popular than Forza specially in EU even that forza is higher rated.

Forza has better score than GT but even while been on PC and xbox still is less popular than GT.

Look to what i reply first.

And Gears doesn't hold vs Uncharted.

But keep hating the score like a true moron the only thing that actually validated that Forza is better now than GT is.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@Alucard_Prime said:

We don't believe her. We would be less skeptical if MS didn't have a history of trying to deceive the public with demos.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@Alucard_Prime said:
@BassMan said:

You know what they say, it takes one to know one, and you lie all the time sjwman lol.

As for Forza on mobile, well **** that shit, and double **** that shit when it comes to streaming.

WTF are you going on about?

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Steppy_76

@tormentos said:
@Steppy_76 said:

I think there is a LOT of assuming going on in this thread(or more apt perhaps, trolling from certain users). Anyway, to me it appears as though both Sony and Google are using pretty much a traditional thin client server architecture for their streaming products, while MS is attempting something a little more complicated. I think we can all agree that currently there needs to be some things addressed, latency, scalability, and flexability. If everybody attempts to do the same thing to solve a problem we typically end up with same results for good or bad. Attempting new methods is generally where the most progress tends to happen.

The only assumption i see here is yours MS is doing the same shit sony is doing,i told you people that streaming games wasn't just having servers and running the games,sony is ahead of MS on this because Gaikai and Onlive both own patent for low latency game streaming this isn't something that you can just do by simply running games off a cloud.

But don't worry this demo was totally faked in a very Kinect kind of way.

Nobody was claiming the demo was real. Ms is attempting something different. The basic way of streaming is how psnow is doing it. Even with the "patented low latency" tech psnow is still plagued with high latency and input lag. No matter who does it, that model is always going to be subpar. Whether they fail or succeed MS is trying something different. If sony tries something new and brings game streaming to near local levels great. I don't care who does it but psnow onlive are not the answer. Of the is a switch to game streaming I damn well want a viable option. We aren't gonna get there if everybody does the same shit over and over again. This is bigger than the console wars. Would you be happy if your only option for gaming performed like psnow?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Steppy_76: “ms is trying something different” lol. Jesus Christ after every example of failed hype from ms you lems still believe this bullshit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Remember when you went all sjw about MS super bowl commercial lol.

Oh and your constant bullshit about 30fps is not playing "properly" which is a lie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

1-Uncharted is more popular higher rated sold better than gears period.

2-GT is more popular than Forza specially in EU even that forza is higher rated.

Forza has better score than GT but even while been on PC and xbox still is less popular than GT.

Look to what i reply first.

And Gears doesn't hold vs Uncharted.

But keep hating the score like a true moron the only thing that actually validated that Forza is better now than GT is.

I'm gonna go with you paid for lessons LOL.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@tormentos: do you know the difference between an action/adventure game and a third person shooter?.. They aren't the same genre so I don't know why you're comparing them..

And I already conceded that Gran Turismo is probably more popular overall but Forza Motorsports has been more critically acclaimed as of late..

learn to READ before you post your usual amount of nonsensical jibberish.. .

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Wait people are saying Sony is first among the current cloud game streaming companies? DId anyone forget Nvidia with Geforce Now on Nvidia Shield? Nvidia did it even earlier than Sony and has a better IQ, resolution amd also better framerates, not to mention Sony's own PS Now utilizes Nvidia's GRID technology for codecs/compression/decompression.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos

@Antwan3K said:

@tormentos: do you know the difference between an action/adventure game and a third person shooter?.. They aren't the same genre so I don't know why you're comparing them..

And I already conceded that Gran Turismo is probably more popular overall but Forza Motorsports has been more critically acclaimed as of late..

Uncharted is a shooter stop your bullshit, and Gears compete directly with it stop trying to pretend now it doesn't simply because Gears get the worse part.

Forza is critically acclaim by the media you know reviewers which lemmings such as your self hate this gen.

I don't have a problem admitting Forza is a better game now.

Gears like uncharted are both 3rd person shooters.

@pc_rocks said:

Wait people are saying Sony is first among the current cloud game streaming companies? DId anyone forget Nvidia with Geforce Now on Nvidia Shield? Nvidia did it even earlier than Sony and has a better IQ, resolution amd also better framerates, not to mention Sony's own PS Now utilizes Nvidia's GRID technology for codecs/compression/decompression.

No one is bringing Nvidia into this we are talking about MS and sony which lemmings have claim for years does everything better than sony,i see once again you feel left out and have to bring Nvidia to the topic.

And no one is claiming sony did it first.

By the way Gforce now was release in beta form in 2013, but was officially launch in 2015 PS Now was launch in 2014 and the company which sony bought for for its cloud streaming tech both predate Gforce now as well Onlive and Gaikai.

But even before that sony was already experimenting on streaming games online.

Remote play on PS3 allowed you to turn on your PS3 from PSP in any wifi connection and allowed you to stream PS1 games music and movies.

In this ^^ case basically your PS3 acted as the cloud server and your PSP was the receiving device,by the way this feature was since launch on PS3 on 2006 so yeah sony has had some time experimenting with streaming content.

But again the argument we were having is that PS Now works while this shit MS just faked didn't.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By michaelmikado

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

No one is bringing Nvidia into this we are talking about MS and sony which lemmings have claim for years does everything better than sony,i see once again you feel left out and have to bring Nvidia to the topic.

By the way Gforce now was release in beta form in 2013, but was officially launch in 2015 PS Now was launch in 2014 and the company which sony bought for for its cloud streaming tech both predate Gforce now as well Onlive and Gaikai.

Remote play on PS3 allowed you to turn on your PS3 from PSP in any wifi connection and allowed you to stream PS1 games music and movies.

In this ^^ case basically your PS3 acted as the cloud server and your PSP was the receiving device,by the way this feature was since launch on PS3 on 2006 so yeah sony has had some time experimenting with streaming content.

But again the argument we were having is that PS Now works while this shit MS just faked didn't.

WOW, I actually came to say this exact same thing almost word for word. Glad people are finally understanding the history of game streaming and realizing that Sony isn't "just" starting this process. They have almost a decade and a half of game streaming via the internet experience.

Since that's covered, I just want to add some fun facts in. AWS which is PSNow's largest hosting environment, starting rolling out v340s paired with 32 core eypc servers around the time PSNow drastically reduced various platform clients. I believe this is due to Sony offloading auxiliary functions such party chat and friends function to the client machines which the Vita or a Bravia TV isn't to have the processing power to adequately support. The latest server offering is here:

https://community.amd.com/community/radeon-pro-graphics/blog/2018/11/13/amd-server-cpus-gpus-the-ultimate-virtualization-solution

At VMworld 2018 in Las Vegas in the AMD booth, we demonstrated how A + A makes an astounding duet. For the first time, we showed a technology demonstration of a virtualized environment driven by an HPE ProLiant DL385 Gen10 from AMD’s Santa Clara, CA datacenter. Inside, the server we have two 32 core, 64 thread Epyc CPUs and a recently announced dual GPU solution based on the “Vega” architecture1, the Radeon Pro V340. The result, an awesome system for virtualized workloads. And a GPU that delivers 33% greater user density than our competition3.

Also, in the booth was our A + A gorilla. It’s a dual Epyc server with 4 Radeon Pro V340s. 8 GPUs (2 per card), each with 56 compute units thumping graphics and supported by 2 Epyc 32 core CPUs.

The reason this is significant is that theoretically just one of these servers could support either 16 PS4s or 16 PS3s in emulation. Further, and this is the most interesting part.

If the PS5 is 16GB vRAM + more for the OS and 10Tflops (I'm estimated 10.2), then this perfectly splits evenly to allow 8 PS5 sessions per server. Basically what I am saying is that it is very possible we could see PS5 PSNow games at launch or even in beta via PSNow while also having a singular Server solution to stream PS1-PS5 games. The hardware actually exists to do it now and I doubt it's a coincidence that this thing launched late last year. As it's specifically designed for high load and multi-client game emulation.

Look at this beast.

This also has the added benefit of running multiple configurations. Example a single server to run 2 theoretical PS5 sessions, 4 PS4 Sessions, 4 PS3 Sessions, and dozens if not hundreds of PS2 and PS1 sessions all concurrently on a single server. Using a model like this it would be much more feasible for Sony to make this cost effective to run.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Oh and your constant bullshit about 30fps is not playing "properly" which is a lie.

Calling out a company for exploiting disabled gamers in an effort to bolster their corporate image during a super bowl ad doesn't make me an SJW.

It is no lie mate. We have already established that you do not care about quality and have low standards. So, you are not in a position to comment on playing properly.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Steppy_76

@tormentos said:
@Antwan3K said:

Uncharted is a shooter stop your bullshit, and Gears compete directly with it stop trying to pretend now it doesn't simply because Gears get the worse part.

Forza is critically acclaim by the media you know reviewers which lemmings such as your self hate this gen.

@pc_rocks said:

No, that is NOT the arugment that was being made....you just simply went into sony defense mode. PSNow works on a mediocre level. PSNow performance is NOT the bar to strive for, it's the bare minimum.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By michaelmikado

@Steppy_76 said:

No, that is NOT the arugment that was being made....you just simply went into sony defense mode. PSNow works on a mediocre level. PSNow performance is NOT the bar to strive for, it's the bare minimum.

I mean this topic isn't about how mediocre PSNow is, it's about Microsoft's only known video showcasing actual "hands-on" xCloud gameplay. However, I am VERY interested in exactly which console internet streaming service you are comparing PSNow to? In fact, I'd LOVE to know which console streaming service you are comparing it to draw the conclusion the conclusions you have. Is it the best game streaming service? No. Is it the best console streaming service? Yes, by virtue of there not being any others. How will it compare to other console streaming services? Who knows.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 michaelmikado

@BassMan said:
@Alucard_Prime said:
@BassMan said:

I've already posted this But you can see very clearly in this video at 4:41 where the car brakes very hard and turns right in the middle of the road yet her fingers aren't even touching the left brake triggers at all. Even though she was previously clearly hitting them.

Loading Video...

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Steppy_76

@michaelmikado: I'm not comparing it to any streaming service... I'm comparing it to local gaming. The ultimate goal is for streaming gaming to be indistinguishable from local gaming. Psnow is not that. I doubt either google or xcloud will be that. Psnow should be considered the lowest rung of the ladder that streaming services are shooting for. Doing exactly what sony has done is not progressing anything.

What we have seen is a video from a service that is months away from the testing phase, a video we don't even know if was actually the service running or not. The only point I was making was that there is really nothing to base anything on at this time. It very well could suck, but this would be like basing judgement of a game on an alpha version. I personally view something at this stage as little more than a proof of concept video.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PC_Rocks

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

No one was bringing that's I brought it up in the first place because in order to call out MS and claiming Sony as the pioneer or superior company just because they supposedly did it first is wrong. Nvidia was first as in with a better service, better resolution, low latency and higher FPS. PS Now doesn't even come close. Onlive was first but definitely not at the scale or quality of Nvidia besides Geforce Now on Shield don't have scalability issues that PS Now have, again shows these companies care about quality more better than Sony. They didn't just rolled out when you have severe scalability problems and kept it in a beta.

Onlive and Gaikai are irrelevant as I already pointed out it's Nvidia GRID technology that is powering all of Sony's game streaming service and Sony(Your own overlord)/Nvidia explicitly showed in a presentation why Nvidia's GRID is superior to what came before(OnLive/Gaikai).

Streaming games on local network =/= cloud streaming from hundreds of miles away powered by data centers. Streaming apps have existed on PC's for years now and again with better IQ, FPS, latency.

I don't care about MS or Sony's war I was correcting cows who are saying Sony is first having decades of experience and the only company which is false. Nvidia clearly has a better offering as far as the technology is concerned. PS Now is not the bar, Geforce Now and Project Stream are against which any service (in this case from MS) be compared to.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 michaelmikado

@Steppy_76 said:

@michaelmikado: I'm not comparing it to any streaming service... I'm comparing it to local gaming. The ultimate goal is for streaming gaming to be indistinguishable from local gaming. Psnow is not that. I doubt either google or xcloud will be that. Psnow should be considered the lowest rung of the ladder that streaming services are shooting for. Doing exactly what sony has done is not progressing anything.

What we have seen is a video from a service that is months away from the testing phase, a video we don't even know if was actually the service running or not. The only point I was making was that there is really nothing to base anything on at this time. It very well could suck, but this would be like basing judgement of a game on an alpha version. I personally view something at this stage as little more than a proof of concept video.

Ok and I certainly agree that PSNow when compared to a workable solution for local gaming would be the bare minimum. It's not that great and likely never can be as good as local gaming, just like video streaming can never be as good as physical media just due to the natural laws of nature. I also don't think it's fair to judge the end product from this, but I think MS is getting the flak they are getting because they had a big flashy presentation and lots of talk when you have Nvidia, Google, and Sony working in the background launching and betaing projects to the public. Honestly, if MS launched a beta when they were ready then we would having a lot of talk. Instead it feels and sounds a lot more like marketing just to keep people interested in their future offerings and combat the early competitors rather then having a viable product now. As I business I understand that, however as a consumer who doesn't like to be strung along. I'm less forgiving.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@pc_rocks said:

No one was bringing that's I brought it up in the first place because in order to call out MS and claiming Sony as the pioneer or superior company just because they supposedly did it first is wrong. Nvidia was first as in with a better service, better resolution, low latency and higher FPS. PS Now doesn't even come close. Onlive was first but definitely not at the scale or quality of Nvidia besides Geforce Now on Shield don't have scalability issues that PS Now have, again shows these companies care about quality more better than Sony. They didn't just rolled out when you have severe scalability problems and kept it in a beta.

Onlive and Gaikai are irrelevant as I already pointed out it's Nvidia GRID technology that is powering all of Sony's game streaming service and Sony(Your own overlord)/Nvidia explicitly showed in a presentation why Nvidia's GRID is superior to what came before(OnLive/Gaikai).

Streaming games on local network =/= cloud streaming from hundreds of miles away powered by data centers. Streaming apps have existed on PC's for years now and again with better IQ, FPS, latency.

I don't care about MS or Sony's war I was correcting cows who are saying Sony is first having decades of experience and the only company which is false. Nvidia clearly has a better offering as far as the technology is concerned. PS Now is not the bar, Geforce Now and Project Stream are against which any service (in this case from MS) be compared to.

Well sony allowed me to stream games from my PS3 to my PSP remotely over any wifi connection no matter were i was,so i say they beat Nvidia to it and the official product came before Gforce now officially been launch.

So again resolution was higher if YOU had the internet for it since sony wanted a service which most gamer could access 5mb was the minimum higher resolution stream requires higher bandwidth as simple as that.

So yeah Onlive did it first and is owned by sony.

No the cloud hardware is Nvidia but sony own its own patents for streaming content.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Remote play wasn't local streaming dude what the hell, remote play allowed me to turn on my PS3 in my house while i was on my work connection,it wasn't local at all you hoped into a wifi connection and your could turn on your PS3 remotely from a friend house or other place and you could stream ps1 games,movies and music so yeah the PS3 worked like a cloud and your PSP was a receiver. lol

No you felt left out and once again took your sony hate on a stroll which make you look sad,fact is sony was streaming games over the internet using its own PS3 hardware as cloud before Gforce now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos

@Steppy_76 said:

No actually PS Now works very well and latency is low,

Much better than MS fake presentation which you pretend to damage control as always with your stupid analogies.

@Steppy_76 said:

Wow yet you don't compare MS fake video with local gaming.

PS Now works quite well is it perfect? No.

Is there room for improvement? Hell yes.

All internet connection have latency some worse than other and latency not necessary is something of your service,it could be your provider the problem even your damn wifi adapter.

The video was pass as been play which obviously is totally faked and staged,the fact that you can't even admit that say it all dude is not the first time MS try to pull some bullshit like this the staged kinect many times and faked many presentations.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Antwan3K said:

According to the official PlayStation and Xbox websites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/ , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Uncharted is an action/adventure series.. Gears of War is a shooter series.. two different genres.. as usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about..

How about you try and actually play games for a change rather than just fanboying over them..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Calling out a company for exploiting disabled gamers in an effort to bolster their corporate image during a super bowl ad doesn't make me an SJW.

It is no lie mate. We have already established that you do not care about quality and have low standards. So, you are not in a position to comment on playing properly.

Simple fact is a game can be played properly at 30fps, so you have perpetuated this lie that it can't to justify the stupid amounts of money you waste on parts for your PC lol.

Yes MS exploited them by making a controller that allows disabled people the ability to play games, and MS knows that they will not make a lot of money from these controllers and yet they are exploiting these kids to bolster their image, total sjw you are.

I bet you're one of those hermits who spends thousands on your PC but buy games for a dollar in the latest humble bumble sale lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Simple fact is a game can be played properly at 30fps, so you have perpetuated this lie that it can't to justify the stupid amounts of money you waste on parts for your PC lol.

Yes MS exploited them by making a controller that allows disabled people the ability to play games, and MS knows that they will not make a lot of money from these controllers and yet they are exploiting these kids to bolster their image, total sjw you are.

I bet you're one of those hermits who spends thousands on your PC but buy games for a dollar in the latest humble bumble sale lol.

30fps is shit. Don't even try to justify it. It is a compromise for having shit console hardware. It was never good. A typical TV is 60hz and people are playing at 30fps. LMAO

Enough with the SJW bullshit. I am not even going to bother going into that shit anymore. You know my stance.

I actually subscribe to the monthly Humble Bundle. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

30fps is shit. Don't even try to justify it. It is a compromise for having shit console hardware. It was never good. A typical TV is 60hz and people are playing at 30fps. LMAO

So what you're trying to say is that games can indeed be played properly at 30fps, well that was an arse backwards way of saying it, but at least you admit it now.

Yeah you preach about how you spend big on PC and only to pay for cheap as chips games that don't require a beefed up PC to play.

The Hermits have been owned by themselves LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Antwan3K said:
@tormentos said:
@Antwan3K said:

According to the official PlayStation and Xbox websites:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-ps4/ , https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/gears-of-war-4/9nblggh4pbbm?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Uncharted is an action/adventure series.. Gears of War is a shooter series.. two different genres.. as usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about..

How about you try and actually play games for a change rather than just fanboying over them..

Its a well known fact that tormy doesn't have any gaming devices and cheers from the bleaches lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

So what you're trying to say is that games can indeed be played properly at 30fps, well that was an arse backwards way of saying it, but at least you admit it now.

Yeah you preach about how you spend big on PC and only to pay for cheap as chips games that don't require a beefed up PC to play.

Wow, you try way too hard. I never said 30fps is unplayable, I said it is shit and 60fps or higher is the proper way to play. Make use of that native 60hz TV. Why put up with that 30fps judder, blur, and input lag? Terrible. Why be at the mercy of shit console hardware and developer decisions? Don't be so fucking cheap and buy a gaming PC so you can play games properly.

I buy all kinds of games and I also subscribe to Origin Access Premier, Xbox Game Pass, and Twitch Prime. Many of my games really push the hardware, but I also don't mind playing simple games that can run on a potato. I never have to compromise and play games at archaic frame rates like 30fps as my PC can play all games properly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Wow, you try way too hard. I never said 30fps is unplayable, I said it is shit and 60fps or higher is the proper way to play. Make use of that native 60hz TV. Why put up with that 30fps judder, blur, and input lag? Terrible. Why be at the mercy of shit console hardware and developer decisions? Don't be so fucking cheap and buy a gaming PC so you can play games properly.

I buy all kinds of games and I also subscribe to Origin Access Premier, Xbox Game Pass, and Twitch Prime. Many of my games really push the hardware, but I also don't mind playing simple games that can run on a potato. I never have to compromise and play games at archaic frame rates like 30fps as my PC can play all games properly.

Where did I say that you said that 30fps was unplayable? its you who is trying way too hard. I thought we were talking about properly and now you're trying to change the narrative because you know you done fucked up lol.

Like I said thanks for confirming that games indeed can be played properly at 30fps.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Where did I say that you said that 30fps was unplayable? its you who is trying way too hard. I thought we were talking about properly and now you're trying to change the narrative because you know you done fucked up lol.

Like I said thanks for confirming that games indeed can be played properly at 30fps.

I didn't confirm anything. A game being playable at 30fps is still not playing the game properly. It is still shit.

Also, I was just stating that I never said 30fps was unplayable. I was not saying that you said that I said that (hopefully that makes sense, lol).

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PC_Rocks

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Well sony allowed me to stream games from my PS3 to my PSP remotely over any wifi connection no matter were i was,so i say they beat Nvidia to it and the official product came before Gforce now officially been launch.

So again resolution was higher if YOU had the internet for it since sony wanted a service which most gamer could access 5mb was the minimum higher resolution stream requires higher bandwidth as simple as that.

So yeah Onlive did it first and is owned by sony.

No the cloud hardware is Nvidia but sony own its own patents for streaming content.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Remote play wasn't local streaming dude what the hell, remote play allowed me to turn on my PS3 in my house while i was on my work connection,it wasn't local at all you hoped into a wifi connection and your could turn on your PS3 remotely from a friend house or other place and you could stream ps1 games,movies and music so yeah the PS3 worked like a cloud and your PSP was a receiver. lol

No you felt left out and once again took your sony hate on a stroll which make you look sad,fact is sony was streaming games over the internet using its own PS3 hardware as cloud before Gforce now.

Over Wifi connection is not cloud streaming and Sony wasn't the first. PC had that already. Grasping for straws. Geforce Now was first and was/is the better service. They care about quality unlike Sony that has to put users in queue because it can't service the low amount of users it has, much less serve the large quantity when cloud gaming takes off. In short Sony's service even to date isn't ready for the prime time and others had better service in the beta. They rolling it it early has no bearing in actual world.

Sorry, Sony had/has a shit service because they don't have the infrastructure for higher resolution, low latency, higher IQ etc. They plain suck.

No body cares Onlive was first. It was so shitty they got bankrupt. Congrats on Sony for scavenging a tech from a bankrupt company because their engineers are so shit to follow up or came up with something of their own.

The hardware as well as the software that Sony runs is of Nvidia. It was right their in the PR. Sony is dependent on the solution from Nvidia and don't know about any patents at all because OnLIve didn't use Nvidia's GRID tech which is the technology powering PS Now. Nvidia holds the patents for that and whatever patent Onlive/Gaikai had aren't any threat to Nvidia's own service or Google's project Stream and on that fact wouldn't pose any problems for MS either. Nvidia and Google both launched it publicly without hearing a peep from Sony. Just because YOU think Sony has some advantage due to some imaginary patents doesn't make it true.

so...jokes on you.

Yes, it's local streaming just like what PC already had, nothing extraordinary. And even the idea dates back to several decades back because remote connections/desktop has been on PC/software industry. That's how everyone works on servers from their workstation.

Remote play isn't cloud streaming as Sony don't have crap for data centers to take care of all the load, evident from their shitty Queueing system while they have higher latency, 720p lower than standard resolution and at best 30 FPS.

Sony did nothing that haven't already been done by others in a better form, literally nothing. I'll always be there to remind cows of their true place an won't let you give credit to SOny's for others work so remain mad.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By michaelmikado

Ok so I'm just here to correct some misinformation. Of course ignoring that everytime we talk about xCloud it always ends being PSNow that's on trial... Especially due to the fact that above poster, somehow, in 2019 doesn't seem to understand or know the difference between WIFI and the Internet..........

Facts:

Fact 1) PS3 to PSP Internet streaming existed in 2006. This means that a PSP could remotely connect to a PS3 AND PLAY GAMES in 2006 hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Which is the current crux of modern games streaming. This was almost 15 years ago......

Fact 2) Sony, is the FIRST and ONLY mainstream console stream feature of any of the major consoles. This is NOT debatable. The fact is Sony has had the technology to perform real-time video compression/decompression and sending it across the internet to a remote PSP while also working on control input latency and they've been doing this for a decade and a half.

FACT 3) PSNow was originally for PS3 games which generally were not HD nor greater than 30fps. The fact is for the vast majority of the PSNow existence there was no need to deliver anything greater than 720P and 30fps and there still is not when the bulk of PSNow is played on PS4s which can download games which would play at 1080P and 60fps.

Fact 4) PSNow shares streaming technology with Remote Play which can do 1080P and 60fps over the internet. However I can understand the failure to understand business decisions vs technological limitations from someone who does not know the difference between Wifi and internet...

Fact 5) PSnow was originally conceived with using PS3 hardware in server farms. This means there would always be a finite number of devices which can run concurrently. This has recently changed in NA because they no longer have queuing information if you were to visit their current page. The xCloud solution is the same as Sony's 5 years ago which was to put server versions of last generation's hardware in server farms.

Fact 5) Attempting to compare GeForce Grid or even Project Stream against a service which the bulk of games are not even HD compatible does not make sense. Grid, Stream etc play PC versions of games with higher resolutions and assets. The same for Onlive and Gaikai. It's no different than comparing Console game resolutions to PCs. They are different customer bases running different software. Also not sure what the ridiculous comparison to RDP is... No one has ever ever ever done remote game streaming of console games before.

Fact 6) NO ONE HAS EVER EVER EVER DONE REMOTE INTERNET STREAMING OF CONSOLE GAMES BEFORE. PERIOD. THIS IS NOT DEBATABLE. No one is acting as if Sony created the entire concept, however the fact is they have been doing what no one else has been doing for years. They have had the technology to minimize latency between a gaming device and a client and compress video, stream it across the internet, and then decompress it on a client in real-time. This is NOT a small feat, nevermind the fact that Sony had this working almost 15 years ago on a PS3 and PSP no less. FOR CONTEXT THIS PRE-DATES EVEN NETFLIX'S STREAMING SERVICES WHICH LAUNCH IN 2007!!!! Ignoring the feat of that technological achievement is absurd.

Speculation following:

PSNow has shifted to a Netflix style offering which allows a subscription fee for all access streaming. Similar to Netflix. Also similar to Netflix it now offers a download option. I've speculated before even before the iOS app release. The future of PSNow isn't in their data centers and it will remain an option rather than the primary means of game streaming delivery. My theory is that PS5 will be fully backwards compatible PS1-4 locally. This will allow gamers to download every game in the PSNow offering to their own home PS5 and then remote play to the device of their choosing. What are the benefits to this?

It's been shown that the bulk of gaming and movie watching occurs inside the home. Rather than enforcing streaming from a cloud server which adds latency and requires high server availability. Resources are better utilized allowing users to locally play games and from their own devices free of charge and using PSNow to supplement that library through downloads and having the highest frame-rate and resolution possible. My speculation is already coming to fruition. The opening of iOS apps to remote play is consistent with that strategy.

Anyway. Severely off topic but wanted to correct the gross amount of misinformation. Unfortunately everytime we start to talk about xCloud as an actual tangible product, somehow PSNow is put on trial rather than examining what Microsoft is actually offering... Ignoring everything else. I likely wouldn't take my information from someone who doesn't understand the difference between Wifi and the internet anyway......

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

@michaelmikado: Solid post, you've brought a lot of knowledge to the table. Unfortunately this forum is full of too many brain dead fanboys so I expect some will still come in to argue against your post. I do have one correction to make and it's a minor one that I'm sure was probably a typo, 2006 is 13 years ago not 15 years ago since we are in 2019 and not 2021.

michaelmikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By michaelmikado

@son-goku7523:

Thanks, I’ll 100% own this one as I’ve recently taken to rounding it up to “nearly 15 years” for dramatics and adding in presumed beta testing/development time and ended up stating it as actually being 15 years. In the future I’ll try to tone down the dramatics for the sake of accuracy. That’s 100% on me and no real excuse for not being as accurate as possible.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

Another thread where PC Fannies are showing their insecurities? This is getting really sad...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@true_link: Your obsession might be the sadder of the two.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 True_Link

@lundy86_4: I'm not the one making wall texts and threads defending anything. I'm not like you Fannies that live by your hardware of choice. ;)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By lundy86_4

@true_link: It's funny you say that, as I have a Switch,PS4 Pro, and a PC... So let's skip including the "you."

Posting in threads with throwaway PC criticism is a little sad. It's almost like you have nothing much to say.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 True_Link

@lundy86_4: I just feel like pointing it out how the PC Fannies are insecure and I enjoy seeing how you people get mad over this, exactly like you are now lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By lundy86_4

@true_link: I'm not sure what in my post denotes anger... Could you point it out? I don't think having better hardware would make one more insecure. It's typically the opposite.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 True_Link

@lundy86_4: well, you're the one jumping in the PC defense force, so I can only assume you're upset or triggered, maybe both.

Don't worry, they're all hardware meant for fun, no need to get upset about that, just don't cry ok?