LoZ: Tears of the Kingdom - 10/10 GS 96 MC 97 OC *warning : potential spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom[b] is an upcoming 2023 action-adventure game developed by Nintendo EPD and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch. A sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017), Tears of the Kingdom retains many aspects of its predecessor, including the open-worldenvironment of Hyrule, which has been expanded to allow for more vertical exploration. Link, the protagonist of Tears of the Kingdom, is joined by Zelda and is opposed by a malevolent force that seeks to destroy Hyrule.

Following the completion of Breath of the Wild's development in 2017, a sequel was conceived after the game's downloadable content (DLC) was unable to contain all ideas put forth by the development team. Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi and producer Eiji Aonuma reprise their roles in Tears of the Kingdom. A teaser trailer for Tears of the Kingdom was aired at E3 2019 with a full reveal at E3 2021. Tears of the Kingdom was initially planned for release in 2022 before being delayed to May 2023.

Development

Development started in 2017 after The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild was completed.[1] The game was announced at E3 2019 as a sequel to Breath of the Wild.[2][3] At E3 2021, Nintendo debuted a trailer revealing gameplay, story elements and a 2022 release window,[4] but Nintendo later changed the release window to Q2 2023.[5][6] More information was revealed in the Nintendo Direct presentation held in September 2022, including the title Tears of the Kingdom and a release date of May 12, 2023,[7][8] and another Nintendo Direct in February 2023 teased more gameplay elements.[9]

Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi and Zelda producer Eiji Aonuma are reprising their roles.[10]The game was conceived after the team was unable to use every idea planned for Breath of the Wild'sdownloadable content.[11] New elements include floating islands above Hyrule, with players able to soar between them in a style similar to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (2011).[12][13][14]

In an interview with IGN, Aonuma stated that the open world games Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim inspired members of the development team.[15][16][17]

On March 28, 2023, Eiji Aonuma announced that development was complete. He demonstrated the new Recall ability, which can reverse time for an object, the Fuse ability, with which the player may combine multiple materials to form new weapons, the Ultrahand ability, which sticks objects together, and the Ascend ability, which allows the player to travel through ceilings.[18][19][20] The final pre-launch trailer was released on April 13.[21][22][23]

https://www.eurogamer.net/look-im-reviewing-the-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-trailer-and-it-gets-an-essential

Does it beat the 2017 one, to become the best game trailer ever? Does it even matter? Now we've got both! These unplayable things that aren't Zelda, but are somehow of it - collapsed and compressed. Music and movement and magic, and themselves now part of the legend: The internet went wild.

I love this - hype as a form of hope. Hype as a form of celebration and appreciation. Of Thanks for all the Zelda, and now there's soon to be one more. A gaming legend nearly back in our orbit, bringing new things to see and do and sometimes to feel.

Guys, it's new Zelda season. Let's. Fucking. Go.

Just one week to go for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom! What is your hype for this game, SW? I'm going to say, 10/10 from GS, 95 from MC.

UPDATE: 10/10 GS!!

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

59582

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59582 Posts

"will be worth it" is def a much better line than "we are pumping the price up because we know you'll pay it regardless lol"

Obviose going to get a 99.98% metacritic, have critics frantically masturbate in public places and change history as we know it. A tipping point.

Avatar image for TheHighWind
TheHighWind

5724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Pretty much the reason I bought a Switch.

Avatar image for above_average
above_average

1656

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1656 Posts

After Redfall?

25/10

lol Zelda really has the luxury of coming out after all these buggy and subpar games.

Just as long is it's polished and fully playable on launch, it's going to get a unspoken bonus from reviewers on top of if it's a great game to play.

Avatar image for djoffer123
Djoffer123

2273

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2273 Posts

9/10 here on GS is my guess, looks to samey as the last one to receive a 10/10. Expect meta to be around 92-94.

Personally I sold my switch 5 months ago so probably won’t be able to play it myself.

Avatar image for last_lap
Last_Lap

7176

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 7176 Posts

0% Haven't played a Zelda game since the 64 days and have no interest in changing that.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44414

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44414 Posts

:P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

:P

You sleeping from playing RedFall? 😜

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

44414

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Believe it or not; RF has a certain something about it that has kept me playing a lot longer than I would have thought. ;o

Don't know if I'll actually finish the game but it has been a pleasant surprise. Ya know, expectations were pretty low. lol :P

Avatar image for ghostofgolden
GhostOfGolden

2724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#10 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2724 Posts

The game looks to be better than BotW in every way. It will get knocked by some publications for performance issues on the ancient Switch hardware which will bring the scores down a bit. I’ll say it’s a 9 here and a 91 MC

Avatar image for daredevils2k
daredevils2k

5001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

9

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

The game looks to be better than BotW in every way. It will get knocked by some publications for performance issues on the ancient Switch hardware which will bring the scores down a bit. I’ll say it’s a 9 here and a 91 MC

Yea I don’t get when people say it looks the same. I don’t think they’re actually paying attention lol.

Avatar image for adsparky
adsparky

2625

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#13 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2625 Posts

9/10

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

Zero interest. 9/10 here and 93 Meta.

Avatar image for templecow90999
templecow90999

934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 934 Posts

0 dungeons/10 xD

Anything lower than a 9 is definitely a flop. I'll go all in and say 10/10

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

50768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50768 Posts

It'll get a 9 since it's a continuation of Breath.

Avatar image for templecow90999
templecow90999

934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 934 Posts

Every time Gamespot gives a 10 they get to update and republish their "every game that ever got a 10 here" article. They probably can't resist.

Avatar image for texasgoldrush
texasgoldrush

14979

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#19 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14979 Posts

@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

"freshness" is overrated

Avatar image for dracula_16
dracula_16

16064

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#20 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16064 Posts

9.5/10

I'm looking forward to it.

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

7239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#21 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7239 Posts

Sony spot will only give it a 9.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

44812

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44812 Posts

I’m very hyped for this game. Only one week away now. Let’s go!

Anyway I’m thinking it’ll get a 10/10 here at GS and a 93 MC.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

70910

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70910 Posts

Not really. The last one was good but i am not interested in a similar experience especially if it is just busy work.

Avatar image for Solaryellow
Solaryellow

7035

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@templecow90999 said:

Every time Gamespot gives a 10 they get to update and republish their "every game that ever got a 10 here" article. They probably can't resist.

Alright now. That was worth a chuckle!

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#26 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

In other words, an inferior title to Elden Ring. What? You thought i wouldn't quote you with ER in a tokt thread? Think again, pal.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@hardwenzen: are you afraid it will score higher than Elden Ring?

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#28 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: are you afraid it will score higher than Elden Ring?

How could it? ER has a 10. Because the game was so long, GS took to long to review it, and like many many many other sites giving it a perfect score, its not on meta, so instead of having its 97-98, its stuck with a 96. Zelda can't surpass that with its 2005 hardware that has trouble rendering more than 5 trees on the screen.

Avatar image for thatforumuser
ThatForumUser

723

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

Zelda Tears look like a movie game I watch my friend play the beginning and to much talking and you can not skip and only 5% voice acting every thing is reading most 95% of conversation. Trailer is funny bc Nintendo steal idea from Rare with Banjo Nuts & Bolds and every one call it that 😆

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

In other words, an inferior title to Elden Ring. What? You thought i wouldn't quote you with ER in a tokt thread? Think again, pal.

Inferior? They are apples and oranges.

For someone who likes themeparks, %&¤"# #%!& is the better title.

For someone who likes sandboxes, Tears of the Kingdom is the better title.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts
@texasgoldrush said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

"freshness" is overrated

Remember when God of War Ragnarok was forgotten after about 2-3 weeks, while 2018 was fondly remembered for years?

Freshness is really important.

Avatar image for kathaariancode
KathaarianCode

3551

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#32 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3551 Posts

GS 11/10

MC 150/100

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

"freshness" is overrated

Remember when God of War Ragnarok was forgotten after about 2-3 weeks, while 2018 was fondly remembered for years?

Freshness is really important.

Ragnarok won numerous awards months after it's release

https://www.eurogamer.net/god-of-war-ragnarok-wins-big-at-the-dice-awards-whilst-elden-ring-scoops-the-game-of-the-year-award

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/bafta-games-awards-2023-winners-list-1235364365/

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#34  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts
@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

In other words, an inferior title to Elden Ring. What? You thought i wouldn't quote you with ER in a tokt thread? Think again, pal.

Inferior? They are apples and oranges.

For someone who likes themeparks, %&¤"# #%!& is the better title.

For someone who likes sandboxes, Tears of the Kingdom is the better title.

They're only apples to oranges to you because Zelda is too shallow compared to ER. You do everything in your power so people don't compare the two.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

10531

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think a 10/10 is most likely.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

"freshness" is overrated

Remember when God of War Ragnarok was forgotten after about 2-3 weeks, while 2018 was fondly remembered for years?

Freshness is really important.

Ragnarok won numerous awards months after it's release

https://www.eurogamer.net/god-of-war-ragnarok-wins-big-at-the-dice-awards-whilst-elden-ring-scoops-the-game-of-the-year-award

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/bafta-games-awards-2023-winners-list-1235364365/

Yet discourse surrounding the game died really fast.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Maroxad said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@Maroxad said:

9/10.

Improvement on BotW, but does not have that freshness factor BotW had.

"freshness" is overrated

Remember when God of War Ragnarok was forgotten after about 2-3 weeks, while 2018 was fondly remembered for years?

Freshness is really important.

Ragnarok won numerous awards months after it's release

https://www.eurogamer.net/god-of-war-ragnarok-wins-big-at-the-dice-awards-whilst-elden-ring-scoops-the-game-of-the-year-award

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/digital/bafta-games-awards-2023-winners-list-1235364365/

Yet discourse surrounding the game died really fast.

Game is the fast selling Playstation 1st party game, they were too busy playing it!

https://www.ign.com/articles/god-of-war-ragnarok-is-the-fastest-selling-first-party-game-in-playstation-history

Avatar image for mesome713
Mesome713

7239

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#38 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7239 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Helps when you force gamers to buy it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@SolidGame_basic: Helps when you force gamers to buy it.

you mean like Wii bundling Wii Sports? Or Switch bundling Mario Kart 8?

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

They're only apples to oranges to you because Zelda is too shallow compared to ER. You do everything in your power so people don't compare the two.

Oh please, the ammount of player expression in Tears of the Kingdom absolutely dwarfs the ammount in Elden Ring. Which is actually kinda low.

ER is mostly reliant on execution. Whereas BotW relies heavily on creativity. Something that looks to be expanded upon in TotK.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Game is the fast selling Playstation 1st party game, they were too busy playing it!

https://www.ign.com/articles/god-of-war-ragnarok-is-the-fastest-selling-first-party-game-in-playstation-history

Fastest selling doesnt necessarily tranlsate to long term interest.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#41  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

@Maroxad: Your totk is creative as your weekly survival shovelware released on Steam. Taping two rocks together is not creativity unless this is the first time you're playing a game. ER has boss design, combat system, atmosphere, top notch core dungeons, amazing enemies variety, etc. Its just too much for Nintendo to handle, which ok, most of their games are made for kids anyways.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts

@hardwenzen: Considering people are still discovering new techniques for Breath of the Wild. That assertion is demonstrably false.

And here you go again, praising the actual themepark elements or ER. Meanwhile, you probably notice I am praising BotW for its sandbox elements.

They are different games that set out to do different things. Hence, apples and oranges.

Avatar image for ConanTheStoner
ConanTheStoner

23740

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23740 Posts

9 billion 999 million 99 MC.

Don't care about scores. Gonna be a bunch of 9s and 10s anyways, so the guessing game isn't even fun.

Been playing it here and there since Monday. Definitely a lot of moment to moment whiplash between "oh it's more BotW" and "Holy shit this ain't BotW at all!" lol.

On the subject of "freshness", yes that will obviously be on peoples minds while playing, it's been on mine. They've added and changed much much much more than I think people realize. Don't want to spoil anything, so leaving it at that. But while most of the content has changed, along with your approach to handling it, it remains BotW at the core (durr). Still regularly getting those lightbulb moments between all the new mechanics, systems, areas, and enemy types. But a lot of the more foundational discovery of a first time BotW play obviously doesn't hit the same here. Similar to how you never quite capture the same "magic" as your first Souls game. Still a great time, but you largely understand how things work, the fish out of water feeling is gone.

Also, nitpicking, but kinda weird how they missed changing some of the low hanging fruit. It's like oh nice, they changed the field music, sounds good. *hops on a horse* oh, but this music remains the same lol. Most of the music has changed, just seems odd how they left in some 1:1 reminders that you're playing a BotW sequel. So many things like that, simple changes that could've gone a long way to adding new flavor.

Anyways, plenty I'd love to say, but I'll have to spare the details for now. The creativity in problem solving is straight up 10/10 lol. Some of the overworld puzzle solving is amped up big time. One section of sky islands felt more like an open air classic dungeon. Even the miniboss at the end was arguably more fun than anything I fought in BotW. Buuut yeah, don't want to say too much. Dope game.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Considering people are still discovering new techniques for Breath of the Wild. That assertion is demonstrably false.

And here you go again, praising the actual themepark elements or ER. Meanwhile, you probably notice I am praising BotW for its sandbox elements.

They are different games that set out to do different things. Hence, apples and oranges.

And people are still discovering glitches in most speedrunning titles. Nobody cares. What's there, the tools you will be using for your playthrough are decent, but nothing worth bragging about, while everything else (bosses, atmosphere, enemies variety and design, combat system, etc) is mediocre at best.

Both of these titles are aiming for the exact same demographic, so don't try to play games.

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Considering people are still discovering new techniques for Breath of the Wild. That assertion is demonstrably false.

And here you go again, praising the actual themepark elements or ER. Meanwhile, you probably notice I am praising BotW for its sandbox elements.

They are different games that set out to do different things. Hence, apples and oranges.

And people are still discovering glitches in most speedrunning titles. Nobody cares. What's there, the tools you will be using for your playthrough are decent, but nothing worth bragging about, while everything else (bosses, atmosphere, enemies variety and design, combat system, etc) is mediocre at best.

Both of these titles are aiming for the exact same demographic, so don't try to play games.

YOur assertion fails because people are not just discovering glitches, they are also discovering new interactions.

This is why ER is so shallow by comparison. There are barely any interactions between game mechanics. And the game is just so badly balanced. Seriously imagine calling the unbalanced mess that is ER combat, good. Souls combat was already mediocre. But now, with ER, it took that mediocrity and made it incredibly unbalanced as well.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: Considering people are still discovering new techniques for Breath of the Wild. That assertion is demonstrably false.

And here you go again, praising the actual themepark elements or ER. Meanwhile, you probably notice I am praising BotW for its sandbox elements.

They are different games that set out to do different things. Hence, apples and oranges.

And people are still discovering glitches in most speedrunning titles. Nobody cares. What's there, the tools you will be using for your playthrough are decent, but nothing worth bragging about, while everything else (bosses, atmosphere, enemies variety and design, combat system, etc) is mediocre at best.

Both of these titles are aiming for the exact same demographic, so don't try to play games.

YOur assertion fails because people are not just discovering glitches, they are also discovering new interactions.

This is why ER is so shallow by comparison. There are barely any interactions between game mechanics. And the game is just so badly balanced. Seriously imagine calling the unbalanced mess that is ER combat, good. Souls combat was already mediocre. But now, with ER, it took that mediocrity and made it incredibly unbalanced as well.

Nobody cares about your discoveries. How many people do you hear talking about your brand new interaction found in a game from 2017? Nobody but that one hardcore youtube channel that has been covering nothing but Zelda for over half a decade and that random forum post. You're trying your best to give it some heft, but you fail miserably (as per usual). You have one of the worst combat systems in a successful title that is zelda, and you talk about imbalance in a game that gives you so much choice that its simply impossible to balance? Funny Maroxad🤡

Avatar image for Maroxad
Maroxad

24022

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24022 Posts

@hardwenzen: First you bring up accusations of Zelda not having any depth?

And when your accusation is refuted, your response is... nobody cares? You are a funny guy.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

40437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#48 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 40437 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: First you bring up accusations of Zelda not having any depth?

And when your accusation is refuted, your response is... nobody cares? You are a funny guy.

Your findings of interaction that you might've heard somewhere is something nobody pays attention to. Depth is what fromsoft titles have with their build system. Depth is what a game like dmc would have from its combat system. You're trying to hard to make botw look more than it ever was or will be. Let me guess, taping a stick to a rock is what you will consider as depth in tokt😆

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

61564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61564 Posts

Fully expect a 9 on GS and low-mid 90's on MC. Just hoping they did enough to differentiate from BotW.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

45690

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45690 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

They're only apples to oranges to you because Zelda is too shallow compared to ER. You do everything in your power so people don't compare the two.

Oh please, the ammount of player expression in Tears of the Kingdom absolutely dwarfs the ammount in Elden Ring. Which is actually kinda low.

ER is mostly reliant on execution. Whereas BotW relies heavily on creativity. Something that looks to be expanded upon in TotK.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Game is the fast selling Playstation 1st party game, they were too busy playing it!

https://www.ign.com/articles/god-of-war-ragnarok-is-the-fastest-selling-first-party-game-in-playstation-history

Fastest selling doesnt necessarily tranlsate to long term interest.

Um.. it's simple, really. A LOT of people played it when it came out. There's my data analysis at work 😎