Lots of 3DS games are getting canceled.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

So really one major game was canned and it was a capcom game where they pretty much never said it was in full production. :|

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#202 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.OreoMilkshake

Very embarrassing to be a 3DS owner in this day and age.

I'm not embarrassed about it. There's more than Mario.

OMG do Nintendo know???? :shock:
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#203 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Very embarrassing to be a 3DS owner in this day and age.

JohnF111

Huh

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]This is stupid, this just means Nintendos lineup has become even more Mario dependent... Embarrassing to say the least.OreoMilkshake

Very embarrassing to be a 3DS owner in this day and age.

Mario isn't nintendo's only first party franchise. Zelda, Kirby, Star fox, Animal crossing are all on/coming to the 3ds. Nintendo's first party has and always will smoke anybody else's first party.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#205 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="lordlors"]3DS is also catering to gaming enthusiasts just like Vita is even though Vita is more powerful so why are you saying Vita is trying for a different demographic player? Also, most devs that make core games don't make shovelware so i don't see what shovelware has to do with the devs who make core games. If shovelware is the key to moving hardware then why does 3DS already have better sales than DS' first months. Can you explain why?theuncharted34

PSV & 3DS supporters are two different animals. Yea they both play games, but what kind of games? What kind of experience? What adult will say "hey look at my 3D game system with no glasses" in public? Where as the PSV someone could easily look over your shoulder and see how cool it is. Nintendo & Mario go hand in hand. Its like Peanut Butter & Jelly. If Coolyfett saw a male his age sitting in an airport playing Mario on a 3DS he would probably laugh. Now a girl playing a 3DS is different. The 3DS is one of those things where its just weird...like a man purse or pink or yellow polo shirts on a date. Yea its not against the law, but strange. There is nothing really strange about the PSV.

Are you series?

Of course he isn't being serious. He's doing that thing that we're not allowed to talk about. It's funny that posts like that are protected and any response against it is sure to be moderated. :(

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#206 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]I'm not embarrassed about it. There's more than Mario.OreoMilkshake

Huh

That there is more than Mario. :P
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

PSV & 3DS supporters are two different animals. Yea they both play games, but what kind of games? What kind of experience? What adult will say "hey look at my 3D game system with no glasses" in public? Where as the PSV someone could easily look over your shoulder and see how cool it is. Nintendo & Mario go hand in hand. Its like Peanut Butter & Jelly. If Coolyfett saw a male his age sitting in an airport playing Mario on a 3DS he would probably laugh. Now a girl playing a 3DS is different. The 3DS is one of those things where its just weird...like a man purse or pink or yellow polo shirts on a date. Yea its not against the law, but strange. There is nothing really strange about the PSV.

Bigboi500

Are you series?

Of course he isn't being serious. He's doing that thing that we're not allowed to talk about. It's funny that posts like that are protected and any response against it is sure to be moderated. :(

Then just ignore his posts.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#208 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Are you series?

Bigboi500

It's the only flaw in the TOU... :x Yeah they need to change it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Bigboi500

Then just ignore his posts.soulitane
I always do, but there are plenty of others that will give him exactly what he wants, attention.

CharlesS1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 CharlesS1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Ouch this is brutal for them
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Very embarrassing to be a 3DS owner in this day and age.

YoshiYogurt

Mario isn't nintendo's only first party franchise. Zelda, Kirby, Star fox, Animal crossing are all on/coming to the 3ds. Nintendo's first party has and always will smoke anybody else's first party.

Uncharted, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, inFamous, Little Big Planet, Team Ico, God of War, Killzone, and Gran Torismo are all pretty well recieved by a mass populace. People may say none of these are system seller, but most of them sure as heck helped Sony sell 50 million PS3's.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Tim with respect man, Coolyfett does not feel they have to ability to do that. The way you are owning these guys on this thread is really sad. Why is the 3DS such a flopping failure? Asking Timstuff only.

Shinobishyguy

I do not think it's a massive failure, but I do think that Nintendo is losing their position as market leader. Their recent success has been more of a happy accident than anything else IMO, because they finally found two gimmicks that sell (touch controls and motion controls). Unfortunately, gimmicks rarely have legs, and with the 3DS Nintendo saw a gimmick that was popular (3D movies) and thought they could make a popular game system based around it (3DS). Unfortunately Nintendo's timing and planning were not very good, because 3D's popularity was in decline by the time the 3DS came out, and Nintendo greatly overestimated the public's interest in 3D gaming.

except that the system that had the touch screen control "gimmick" also had great third party support as well as first party.

Which kinda doesn't fit in with your "only nintendo games sell" argument when it comes to their handhelds

and ofcourse if it destroys the argument..it gets ignored..
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Shall we reveal all the PS3 games that were either cancelled or went multi-plat? :|

Zophar87

PS3 has been out a lot longer than the 3DS.

Shall we reveal all the PS3 games that were either cancelled or went multi-platform in it's first three months?

Go for it.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]I'm not embarrassed about it. There's more than Mario.xYamatox

Uncharted, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, inFamous, Little Big Planet, Team Ico, God of War, Killzone, and Gran Torismo are all pretty well recieved by a mass populace. People may say none of these are system seller, but most of them sure as heck helped Sony sell 50 million PS3's.

Its all of a matter of opinion, you literally cannot prove that its better or worse than Nintendo's, vice versa. (Notice the Vice Versa to mark unbiased :P )
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"] Mario isn't nintendo's only first party franchise. Zelda, Kirby, Star fox, Animal crossing are all on/coming to the 3ds. Nintendo's first party has and always will smoke anybody else's first party.bbkkristian

Its all of a matter of opinion, you literally cannot prove that its better or worse than Nintendo's, vice versa. (Notice the Vice Versa to mark unbiased :P )

I 100% agree, and that is the exact point I am trying to get across with my post. :D

I'd take almost any Sony 1st Party over Mario any day of the week. Zelda is a little more tricky, because I absolutly love The Legend of Zelda.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

I 100% agree, and that is the exact point I am trying to get across with my post. :D

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that it smokes MS's first party

EggHeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 EggHeadMan
Member since 2011 • 723 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

Bigboi500

Are you series?

I actually agree with Coollyfett. Why would someone pay for something that causes eye damage and severe headaches?

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Its all of a matter of opinion, you literally cannot prove that its better or worse than Nintendo's, vice versa. (Notice the Vice Versa to mark unbiased :P )Shinobishyguy

*cough*YUP*cough

I do love me some Gears of War, though :P

EggHeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 EggHeadMan
Member since 2011 • 723 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Its all of a matter of opinion, you literally cannot prove that its better or worse than Nintendo's, vice versa. (Notice the Vice Versa to mark unbiased :P )Shinobishyguy

Mr.Baker would like to have a would with you

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Are you series?

EggHeadMan

I actually agree with Coollyfett. Why would someone pay for something that causes eye damage and severe headaches?

I don't recall getting eye damage or headaches, sorry.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

Are you series?

EggHeadMan

You're talking about the thing which is very simple to just turn off right?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

I'd take almost any Sony 1st Party over Mario any day of the week. Zelda is a little more tricky, because I absolutly love The Legend of Zelda.

kinda off topic, but you hyped for skyward sword aswell?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#225 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

This is a series thread people!

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="EggHeadMan"]

Coolyfett

Fatal eye damage aside, its not the headache thing that makes the 3DS different from the PSV, PSV is just for a different audience than the people who play the 3DS. One system plays in a traditional game play, the other adds little tricks & toys to their gameplay. Every gamer is different and likes different genres and devices.

I don't get this when the PSV has a back touch pad for one thing and you are not at all forced to use any of the extra inputs on either system?

xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 xYamatox

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

Yup. Will probably be a day 1 purchase for me.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Bigboi500

EggHeadMan

It's not about that, but about the perception that adults can't enjoy a Nintendo handheld in public without being ridiculed. That is nothing more than weak flamebait and absolute nonsense.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 bbkkristian

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

xYamatox

Yup. Will probably be a day 1 purchase for me.

Jeez I hope there will be a bundle with Wii Motion +. :P
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
LOL at that picture :lol: pity some games get cancelled..ah well i wouldnt have gotten them anyways so no loss for me
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="EggHeadMan"]

Coolyfett

It's not about that, but about the perception that adults can't enjoy a Nintendo handheld in public without being ridiculed. That is nothing more than weak flamebait and absolute nonsense.

If Sony made something like the DS it would still apply. Its more about the reputation, state of the art & system design. The LOOKS like they had a certain group of people in mind when designing it. The PSV has no clam shell or cute colors. PSV will be in solid black & solid white. Would you buy a teal laptop or a teal HD TV? Normally you see colorful laptops of tv sets in the toys department of department store.

The 3DS comes in black. :|

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#235 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

3DS is garbage IMO. So Is Vita though. Handhelds were a very easy target for the smartphone revolution.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Bigboi500

Jeez I hope there will be a bundle with Wii Motion +. :Pbbkkristian
I'm 100% sure there will be.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Jeez I hope there will be a bundle with Wii Motion +. :PBigboi500

If there's any bundle it will be with the gold Wii Remote.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"] Jeez I hope there will be a bundle with Wii Motion +. :POreoMilkshake

If there's any bundle it will be with the gold Wii Remote.

That's an awesome idea.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]

Coolyfett

Yes they also make a teal one.

Teal is a cool color.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]Yes they also make a teal one.

Coolyfett

Teal is a cool color.

For electronic devices or toys?

Yeah. They make ipods in different colors right? I have a green one myself.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

when i tried it up at walmart i thought wow how in the world can they charge 250 for this??? i found out later the 3d wasnt on. so next time i turned it on and wow! after playing it for 5 minutes it took me at least 2 minutes for my eyes to go back to normal!!! i think i was trying to hard to see the 3d.. it was like playing a game in 3d on the nes lol... the 3ds is the worst thing nintendo has ever made imo

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]For electronic devices or toys?

Coolyfett

Yeah. They make ipods in different colors right? I have a green one myself.

They also make speak n spells in red & orange so what is your take?

They also make red cars. What is your take?
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"][QUOTE="Coolyfett"]They also make speak n spells in red & orange so what is your take?

Coolyfett

They also make red cars. What is your take?

Cars are electronic devices?

It's even worse than that. You're inside of that colorful monstrosity. I'd feel ashamed.

Now you deleted your posts. Losing an argument isn't that cereal.

DSmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 DSmon
Member since 2009 • 2220 Posts
Didn't the psp have the same colors as the DS, was that considered as a toy as well?
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Good thing I didn't care about any of those cancelled games.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolyfett"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]It's not about that, but about the perception that adults can't enjoy a Nintendo handheld in public without being ridiculed. That is nothing more than weak flamebait and absolute nonsense.

OreoMilkshake

If Sony made something like the DS it would still apply. Its more about the reputation, state of the art & system design. The LOOKS like they had a certain group of people in mind when designing it. The PSV has no clam shell or cute colors. PSV will be in solid black & solid white. Would you buy a teal laptop or a teal HD TV? Normally you see colorful laptops of tv sets in the toys department of department store.

And the clamshell design helps to protect the screen and controls. :|