Lots of 3DS games are getting canceled.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#251 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

when i tried it up at walmart i thought wow how in the world can they charge 250 for this??? i found out later the 3d wasnt on. so next time i turned it on and wow! after playing it for 5 minutes it took me at least 2 minutes for my eyes to go back to normal!!! i think i was trying to hard to see the 3d.. it was like playing a game in 3d on the nes lol... the 3ds is the worst thing nintendo has ever made imo

monson21502

Me too i have try the 3DS with the 3D on and i got a headache after 10 minutes....and this it isn't good for the kids.It looks like there isn't anything that it can save 3DS from his misery and i am happy that i didn't buy the 3DS.The PSPVita is the console that it looks worth my money imo.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

As opposed to ignoreing the 1st party potential that the PSVita has? It works both ways.

xYamatox

Other than LBP Uncharted, and some mediocre shooters? Yeah, as great as both of those games are, they don't "sell the system" for me.

And Mario doesn't sell a system for me, either. What's your point?

While it may be unfair to compare the Vita's announced lineup with the 3DS' current lineup, there really isn't much else to go on. All of Vita's upcoming games have potential to be great, while the 3DS has already shown it's having a rough start (this is a fact. Not one AAA game that I've seen as of yet).

Both have potential for great thing, but the 3DS isn't helping itself with how poorly it's launch titles are being received. Also, don't expect that just because a game has Mario in it means it will score 10/10 and sell millions. And before you bring up that Mario will sell despite what score it may get, all I have to say is, "Call of Duty". I'm not hyped for it, but it is the biggest selling franchise in gaming history, and so far the Vita is the only one of the two handhelds with a Call of Duty game in development, and has a much better chance of being just like the console adaptation (unlike the poorly made DS versions).

I'm looking forward to the Vita more than the 3DS, but I am no way "hating" on Nintendo just to troll. I'm just going by the facts that we currently know without relying on past successes of a system as means of justifying a purchase.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I think it's possible that both systems might "fail" *sweat drop*. The first party lineup for both systems looks strong, but all the major third party support is currently going to PS3, 360 (and PC). Home consoles are being offered for similar prices ($199-$299) as the 3DS/Vita, with a price cut probably eventually on the way, and smartphone gaming is rising at a meteoric rate.

The 3DS and Vita may end up struggling simply because the PS3 and Wii/Wii U are more appealing for the average customer, who probably already has his portable gaming needs met by his DS and smartphone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#253 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Other than LBP Uncharted, and some mediocre shooters? Yeah, as great as both of those games are, they don't "sell the system" for me.

SakusEnvoy

While it may be unfair to compare the Vita's announced lineup with the 3DS' current lineup, there really isn't much else to go on. All of Vita's upcoming games have potential to be great, while the 3DS has already shown it's having a rough start (this is a fact. Not one AAA game that I've seen as of yet).

Both have potential for great thing, but the 3DS isn't helping itself with how poorly it's launch titles are being received. Also, don't expect that just because a game has Mario in it means it will score 10/10 and sell millions. And before you bring up that Mario will sell despite what score it may get, all I have to say is, "Call of Duty". I'm not hyped for it, but it is the biggest selling franchise in gaming history, and so far the Vita is the only one of the two handhelds with a Call of Duty game in development, and has a much better chance of being just like the console adaptation (unlike the poorly made DS versions).

I'm looking forward to the Vita more than the 3DS, but I am no way "hating" on Nintendo just to troll. I'm just going by the facts that we currently know without relying on past successes of a system as means of justifying a purchase.

As much as I'd hate to say it, I think it's possible that both systems might "fail" *sweat drop*. The first party lineup for both systems looks strong, but all the major third party support is currently going to PS3, 360 (and PC). Home consoles are being offered for similar prices ($199-$299) as the 3DS/Vita, with a price cut probably eventually on the way, and smartphone gaming is rising at a meteoric rate.

The 3DS and Vita may end up struggling simply because the PS3 and Wii/Wii U are more appealing for the average customer, who probably already has his portable gaming needs met by his DS and smartphone.

As for third party support, let's be honest, handhelds never get third party support by western developers. They always get supported by Japanese companies, and the 3DS and Vita both seem to have a lot of quality third party support from Japanese developers.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

SakusEnvoy

Yeah, I've never bought into the notion that the PSP Vita and 3DS have a negative relationship (where the failure of one translates into the success of the other). The most formidiable contendor in the realm of portable gaming is smartphones. Beating smartphones isn't possible (hundreds of thousands of sales a day), but carving out a profitable niche might be.

The limitation of smartphones is their interface. Whether or not that limitation is something enough portable gamers care about remains to be seen. On the bright side, the success of Kindle and Nook show that if one creates a piece of dedicated hardware that is good at doing something people are interested in, they will pay money for it.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="SakusEnvoy"]

[QUOTE="xYamatox"]

charizard1605

As for third party support, let's be honest, handhelds never get third party support by western developers. They always get supported by Japanese companies, and the 3DS and Vita both seem to have a lot of quality third party support from Japanese developers.

The problem is, with home consoles, you can often have your cake and eat it too. You get great Western support but also get most of the major Japanese games. The 3DS might (if it's not cancelled) get a Ninja Gaiden, but the home consoles get Ninja Gaiden 3. The 3DS gets RE Revelations, but home consoles get RE: Operation Raccoon City and eventually Resident Evil 6.

Handhelds do get great Japanese third party support, but most of the major Japanese franchises that are popular in the West come to home consoles, too. The DS accumulated a great list of unique software in which nothing similar was on home console, but there's no real guarantee the 3DS will do the same. Most of the upcoming 3DS franchises people are hyping are console-esque games.

All those major Nintendo games coming to the 3DS later this year, will probably have better versions coming to the Wii U the next year and year after that. Uncharted Vita may be a great game, but PS3 owners might be perfectly satisfied with Uncharted 3 and see no reason to run out and buy another system. And, at the end of the day, Uncharted 3 is the bigger, more appealing game than Uncharted Golden Abyss.

This is going to be the problem with selling the 3DS and Vita in the West. Home consoles just simply do more, and at the same price. I have no doubt 3DS and Vita are going to rock the sales chart in Japan, and get a bunch of obscure Japanese games, but that's just one region... it's not enough.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#256 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

when i tried it up at walmart i thought wow how in the world can they charge 250 for this??? i found out later the 3d wasnt on. so next time i turned it on and wow! after playing it for 5 minutes it took me at least 2 minutes for my eyes to go back to normal!!! i think i was trying to hard to see the 3d.. it was like playing a game in 3d on the nes lol... the 3ds is the worst thing nintendo has ever made imo

AtariKidX

Me too i have try the 3DS with the 3D on and i got a headache after 10 minutes....and this it isn't good for the kids.It looks like there isn't anything that it can save 3DS from his misery and i am happy that i didn't buy the 3DS.The PSPVita is the console that it looks worth my money imo.

Well, there's one thing that could save it... Well, not really, but sort of...

Fragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Fragnarok
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

3D has always been a gimmick. I'm still flabbergasted that it returned with such fervor in the early 2000s and has been put out to pasture yet.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

Timstuff

Well, there's one thing that could save it... Well, not really, but sort of...

I would support a Nintendo handheld that looked like this.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#259 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Most of those would have been mediocre or are not really that interesting besides Mega Man Legends 3. It's probably smart for third parties to delay their titles until after the Holiday season. They always complain "It's too hard to compete with Nintendo" so there's no point going in this Holiday season when Nintendo is coming in full force. Also, that way the developers/publishers that are complaining about the install base being too small won't have to worry as much considering both Mario Kart 3D and Super Mario 3D are platform sellers, they'll sell platforms and third parties can sell their games to a wider base in the Spring of 2012.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

This happens alot for new consoles, remember how many PS3 games were cancelled.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#261 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

If they would have beefed the system up more to make the $250 mean something maybe I would have gotten it. Games don't even look like the tech demo's and is just a slightly more powerful DS.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

If they would have beefed the system up more to make the $250 mean something maybe I would have gotten it. Games don't even look like the tech demo's and is just a slightly more powerful DS.

Truth_Hurts_U
The system also feels flimsy and cheap, like a toy. Nintendo didn't even put a multitouch screen on it. The only thing the 3DS can do that the PS Vita can't is the gimmicky 3D effect, and the Vita doesn't need it since it's screen is bigger, brighter, and has better image quality.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#263 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Timstuff

The system also feels flimsy and cheap, like a toy. Nintendo didn't even put a multitouch screen on it. The only thing the 3DS can do that the PS Vita can't is the gimmicky 3D effect, and the Vita doesn't need it since it's screen is bigger, brighter, and has better image quality.

if you want a vita buy it when its out...flaming the 3ds wont do you any good neither is it taking away that its a good handheld because games have been cancelled...games are always cancelled

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

AtariKidX

If that gives you headaches, there's no way you would survive using the nvidia 3d on the pc. When the 3D effect is cranked up 100% on that it's probably way more headache enducing
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#266 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Truth_Hurts_U

cmon just slightly better than the DS? that's stretching it

here compare this (3DS) to this (DS)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#267 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Truth_Hurts_U"]

Timstuff

I didn't realize the vita had a second screen :? and no, the touch pads on the back don't display anything
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Outside of mega man everything else that was canned was meh at most.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#269 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

The system also feels flimsy and cheap, like a toy. Nintendo didn't even put a multitouch screen on it. The only thing the 3DS can do that the PS Vita can't is the gimmicky 3D effect, and the Vita doesn't need it since it's screen is bigger, brighter, and has better image quality.Timstuff

It feels like how it's suppose to feel, a portable device.

What's the point of having multitouch on a small screen like that? What game or application could possibly benefit from having a multitouch on the bottom screen? Multitouch on the top screen would serve no purpose as it would be the 3D screen regardless and using your fingers in conjunction with the multitouch screen would mean you'd lose the 3D effect.

If 3D is a gimmick then so are good visuals, as they're both there to impress people. 3D offerings have been immersive and directly effect the gameplay, like Pilotwings Resort. With the added depth perception of 3D visuals you're able to judge distance, momentum and space. Even if depth perception doesn't improve gameplay directly, it improves the experience for the player unlike anything else that's currently available. That being said, its not like every game will draw players in with a 3D effect like that. Some games like fighters won't give the same sense of immersion, though that doesn't mean that the games won't look awesome or neat in 3D.

CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]The system also feels flimsy and cheap, like a toy. Nintendo didn't even put a multitouch screen on it. The only thing the 3DS can do that the PS Vita can't is the gimmicky 3D effect, and the Vita doesn't need it since it's screen is bigger, brighter, and has better image quality.Haziqonfire

It feels like how it's suppose to feel, a portable device.

What's the point of having multitouch on a small screen like that? What game or application could possibly benefit from having a multitouch on the bottom screen? Multitouch on the top screen would serve no purpose as it would be the 3D screen regardless and using your fingers in conjunction with the multitouch screen would mean you'd lose the 3D effect.

If 3D is a gimmick then so are good visuals, as they're both there to impress people. 3D offerings have been immersive and directly effect the gameplay, like Pilotwings Resort. With the added depth perception of 3D visuals you're able to judge distance, momentum and space. Even if depth perception doesn't improve gameplay directly, it improves the experience for the player unlike anything else that's currently available. That being said, its not like every game will draw players in with a 3D effect like that. Some games like fighters won't give the same sense of immersion, though that doesn't mean that the games won't look awesome or neat in 3D.

Additional processing power is a tide that lifts all boats. It not only benefits texture quality and lighting, but also level geometry, number of enemies, AI, the amount of environment interactivity/destructability and even audio quality (depending on how ambitious a team wants to get on the audio side of things).

By way of contrast, all 3D on the 3DS offers is a better illusion of depth. And the illusion of depth is fine in '2D'.