Lots of 3DS games are getting canceled.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Because maybe Nintendo systems should be more than that one you want to buy when you want to play Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon?

Timstuff

Which devs do provide on Nintendo's platforms and hardly anyone buys them on Nintendo's systems for whatever reason?

Exactly. Nintendo never tries new franchises on their systems, so why should third parties? Maybe if Nintendo could prove that something other than Mario or Zelda could be a huge hit publishers would give their systems a better chance.

Then explain the DS?

It got plenty of third party support and nintendo was doing what they always did

bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]well thats because developers are hesitant on releasing there games on it cuz of the low sales...glad to see consumers are seeing the 3DS for what it really is..a gimmick. this thing is pretty much a DS just with 3D and an analog stick.. cant wait for the PSV to come out so it can murder the 3DSLP4EVA2005

Oh god not this again :roll:

Going by that logic PSV is just a psp with an extra analog stick and some touch pads

umm no. an extra analog stick, back touch pad, front touch screen, front and rear camera, improved graphics, and full tilt motion soo yea, you fail. but nice try though.

Aside from a second analog stick and back touch pads the 3DS has everything you listed.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#53 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41558 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Because maybe Nintendo systems should be more than that one you want to buy when you want to play Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon?

Timstuff

Which devs do provide on Nintendo's platforms and hardly anyone buys them on Nintendo's systems for whatever reason?

Exactly. Nintendo never tries new franchises on their systems, so why should third parties?

Nintendo still isn't at fault for this. Companies should still advertise their stuff and things will sell, but there sre still people who refuse to support Nintendo systems with third party games regardless.

Hell, some of Nintendo's own games bombed on their systems (Sin and Punishment 2).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Thankfully, except for Megaman Legends 3, none of those were really big name titles. I mean, has Assassin's Creed ever worked on a handheld system before? Saint's Row on the 3DS? Also, there are always lots of cancellations with a new system. It was the case with the DS, the PSP and the PS3. I'm hoping that like those three systems, the 3DS shall eventually end up with an awesome library. Nintendo has never had a failed handheld before. I have faith in their ability to sustain that record.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]this thing is pretty much a DS just with 3D and an analog stick.. Wanderer5

And the PS Vita is pretty much a PSP with a second analog and a back touch pad...

And a sweet OLED touch screen.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

Going by that logic PSV is just a psp with an extra analog stick and some touch pads

bc1391

umm no. an extra analog stick, back touch pad, front touch screen, front and rear camera, improved graphics, and full tilt motion soo yea, you fail. but nice try though.

Aside from a second analog stick and back touch pads the 3DS has everything you listed.

It have also the nice big screen and the graphics power of the PSPVita..??

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

hakanakumono

Direct me to a proper 3rd party Wii title that didn't sell well?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

To be honest, none of those were really important titles. Now if Mario Kart got canceled for whatever reason, there would be serious trouble.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]And?

If they put effort into them and make them quality games, who cares if it's a part of an old series?

Shinobishyguy

And it's up to third parties to supply the system with those type of games, BUT it seems that they're not even bothering to try this time

It's up to Nintendo to maintain 3rd party relations and ensure support for their platform. If 3rd parties take their business elsewhere, then it's Nintendo's fault for not creating a viable platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

To be honest, none of those were really important titles. Now if Mario Kart got canceled for whatever reason, there would be serious trouble.

Wasdie
If ANY Nintendo first party title is cancelled, then that's a sign of some serious trouble.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I'm predicting a big spike in sales for Nintendo this holiday. All the big first-party games are releasing then, and I think Mario Kart should do the thing some favors among the younger audience. Hopefully it will turn around. Honestly though, I think they made a big mistake by putting the newest Pokemon game on the old DS as the 3DS launches. They should just upressed the textures and made 3D models for all the characters and the thing would've sold like nuts.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

hahaha, i love all these "no one even cared about these games" then if these games were to score 9's or 8's here then people would be all over em, the 3ds has no great games besides zelda, street fighers and a couple of other small titles and canceling games when their really are no games for the system you bought is reallly bad and again people are using just wait till the holidays and wait for mario to come save the day, i like originality, mario is great and all but is that all nintendo has, is miyamoto ever going to create a new game series? I mean i respect sony the most this gen because they actually have been pumping out the most original and fresh new ip's "little big planet, uncharted, infamous" this gen and so has microsoft to a degree, the only thing nintendo brings is the same, mario, zelda, donkey kong, animal crossing and again those games are great but thats all you guys rely on. I know nintendo can make new ip's but they never do and honestly nintendo is predictable, so just my peace on it, i'm more pumped for vita because SONY is behind it and you know their going to put their first parties to work on it and i know i'm going to play some great original games on it.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SuperFlakeman

It's up to Nintendo to maintain 3rd party relations and ensure support for their platform. If 3rd parties take their business elsewhere, then it's Nintendo's fault for not creating a viable platform.

hakanakumono

If you are refering to business-wise viable then you should be ashamed, if Apple's app-model or facebook's farmville one turns out to be more viable economically than Nintendo platforms, then is that what Nintendo should have been doing?

Or are you saying that the platform isn't viable for gaming?

None of the above satisfy me as an asnwer, maybe there's a third option I'm missing?

nchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 nchan
Member since 2004 • 1059 Posts
lots of games? My Garden? lol
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#66 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

SuperFlakeman

If you are refering to business-wise viable then you should be ashamed, if Apple's app-model or facebook's farmville one turns out to be more viable economically than Nintendo platforms, then is that what Nintendo should have been doing?

None of the above satisfy me as an asnwer, maybe there's a third option I'm missing?

It's sad, but Hakanakumono is right. It doesn't matter how potentially good your platform can be. If developers avoid it, regardless of the reasons, it is worthless, and ultimately that will be Nintendo's fault. There are many way to make a platform enticing to develop on, from being cheap, to being able to exploit a share of the market you can't via other platforms.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The 3DS has a terrific line up and will sell very well this holiday season. It's not going to fail so deal with it.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SuperFlakeman

Actually I thought of a third option that you're probably refering to: Make it on par with PS3/360 so that it can be able to recieve multiplats of that tier.

Two problems:

1) Why should Nintendo bleed money and risk closure for the sake of creating a viable platform for 3rd parties? Sony lost all the PS1+PS2 earnings and MS just started to become profitable since the first Xbox.

2) Skyrocketing development costs leads to less risk taking which is a bad thing; for example 50% of the games shown at E3 2011 where shooters in some form.

All people blaming Nintendo for the lack of 3rd party titles on Wii, please explain what they should have done differently. I honestly can't think of anything.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shinobishyguy
[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

DerekLoffin

It's sad, but Hakanakumono is right. It doesn't matter how potentially good your platform can be. If developers avoid it, regardless of the reasons, it is worthless, and ultimately that will be Nintendo's fault. There are many way to make a platform enticing to develop on, from being cheap, to being able to exploit a share of the market you can't via other platforms.

so what exactly did Nintendo do that got third parties to develop their games on the DS?
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

Shinobishyguy

so what exactly did Nintendo do that got third parties to develop their games on the DS?

Be the cheap development option of the time. Most smart-phone-esk devices at the time did not have well developed proven markets yet (iPhone didn't release till 3 years later). Now they do which greatly cuts into that option for 3DS.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Eh Assassins Creed and Mega Man biting the dust kind of sucks. But My Garden? Really? :?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shinobishyguy

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] It's sad, but Hakanakumono is right. It doesn't matter how potentially good your platform can be. If developers avoid it, regardless of the reasons, it is worthless, and ultimately that will be Nintendo's fault. There are many way to make a platform enticing to develop on, from being cheap, to being able to exploit a share of the market you can't via other platforms. DerekLoffin

Be the cheap development option of the time. Most smart-phone-esk devices at the time did not have well developed proven markets yet (iPhone didn't release till 3 years later). Now they do which greatly cuts into that option for 3DS.

If thats the case then the vita must be in trouble as well
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

I've played GameDevStory, I know how much of a risk it is developing for a new platform...

dommeus

Was it irony that you picked an iPhone game. ;)

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DerekLoffin
[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] so what exactly did Nintendo do that got third parties to develop their games on the DS?Shinobishyguy

Maybe, but PSP never was the cheap option. Like I said, you can go cheap, or go for offering a different part of the market. Vita is definitely pushing different part of the market. Whether it succeeds remains to be seen, but it is trying quite a different approach.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Right now I am happy that I am waiting to see how things go and likely getting the Vita first.

Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Fraquelli
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts
If Kingdom Hearts 3D ends up getting canceled too, I won't have any more reasons to buy a 3DS.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] Be the cheap development option of the time. Most smart-phone-esk devices at the time did not have well developed proven markets yet (iPhone didn't release till 3 years later). Now they do which greatly cuts into that option for 3DS.

DerekLoffin

Maybe, but PSP never was the cheap option. Like I said, you can go cheap, or go for offering a different part of the market. Vita is definitely pushing different part of the market. Whether it succeeds remains to be seen, but it is trying quite a different approach.

The issue from a developer's standpoint has got to be that we have home consoles out, with huge install bases, and millions of consumers actively purchasing big-budget $60 software... so why make a Vita-specific game? Why make an expensive single handheld-specific game, for a small audience? Why opt for these devices over just making a multiplat home console game?

At least with a smartphone game, developers know what they're doing: making cheap software for large audiences. Same with the DS.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Good, finally people getting tired of a nintendo system :twisted:.. Vita destory it please :oops:

:P

finalstar2007
Why do you want Nintendo to fail :?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Good, finally people getting tired of a nintendo system :twisted:.. Vita destory it please :oops:

millerlight89

He want's a world were only Sony exists. Sony Sony Sony! :P

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

sumer is a bad time to put a system out. But tc is right has no games!

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

finalstar2007
Yeah because a few devs canceling bad games shows that people are getting tired of a Nintendo system.... :roll: Vita will flop. I have no reason to be against it, I'm a fan of all the systems, but I know a flop when I see one. Nintendo has pretty much a monopoly on handheld gaming.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

millerlight89

I think he's on Sony's payroll or something.

1stPlaceWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 1stPlaceWinner
Member since 2010 • 1120 Posts
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

oldkingallant
Yeah because a few devs canceling bad games shows that people are getting tired of a Nintendo system.... :roll: Vita will flop. I have no reason to be against it, I'm a fan of all the systems, but I know a flop when I see one. Nintendo has pretty much a monopoly on handheld gaming.

PSP didnt flop and neither will vita
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It is sad but it look like the 3ds it will eat the dust from the PSPVita.....the 3ds it can't even touch the quality of the PSPVita.AtariKidX

Because Uncharted sells so many units right?

There isn't a huge difference besides 3DS actually has games this holiday.

magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

Please explain what Nintendo could've done to ensure a steady stream of quality 3rd party titles?

Iwata is listening.

SuperFlakeman

That's what I'd like to know too.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

finalstar2007
vita vs 3ds. round 1 fight...finish it...babality...vita wins...:P
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#87 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

it happens its not 3ds fault id blame the economy right now ,

and , to 2nd poster ya that wont happen , because see the economy , and since hte price of vita is the same if not more then 3ds , why would any one buy an un established system with not many games yet versus one with the games , remember by the time vita does come out ds will have its heavy hitters like mariokart and the long awaited sequal to luigis mansion amoung others including driver renegade ,

i think vita will see cancelations to , and not because of the system but because of the developer having problems all those games you listed would end up being disappointments except maybe saints row drive by so im not to bummed at that list

also thats just a small game made for psn xbla any way not that big of a deal , the bigger game is saints row 3 that said , vita wont do much that psp did to ds ,

also with ipad iphone people/analyst saying itll be to late for vita and i believe they are right based on the following facts

1 3ds will have a built game library psp vita will deal with the same problem that ds and 3ds and psp and 360 ps3 wii dealt with ,

2 nintendo can lower the price at any given time as they got room to do so , as the 3ds reachs 1 yr old sony will not , as vita will be new dont think it will happen may i suggest you look at 2005 nintendo lowered ds to 130 /129.99 us dollars, and then released the dslite and gbmicro so ya

3 you forget wii u is right around the corner as well , -this does everything 3ds psvita does and more , ,so why pay 300 for a vita if you can pay 350 for an even better product , at the end of the day i think handhelds this gen will not do as well as last gen , i think wii u will be the one to watch for

and look 3 posters arguing the power game

well let me tell you somthing about the power game

it has not worked well since the ps1 era , the one with the most powerful console has not sold the most-n64 gc xbox ps3 all have failed to capture the same success as the platforms of less power- for the ps1 era it was ps1 for ps2 it was ps2 for this gen it will be wii ,

and on the handhelds

ya it has never been the key player to units sold,

game gear-vs gameboy original -- you know what im talking about the brick ,, 1989 , sega tried everything including a color display in the end gameboy dominated

in all gb-gba took down 12 competitors

ds took down psp this gen it continues to even sell well with its higher power successor on the market -but nintendo dont care as their both nintendo handhelds ,

maybe this is the third pillar and i think it will work , the user base of the ds is so huge why give it up look at ps2 , that thing continues to go and we are almost in gen 8 of the nintendo systems ,

so i dont think vita will have an easy win here, why because power has never sold a system

and 3ds will have its games plus ds which is still on the market -ya people wont be stupid , this has been done before gameboy was able to last until 1998 lol 89-98 thats ten years of competitors knocking on their door ,

and then we have ds which is on 7 yrs ,, and its still out selling psp 3ds is just right behind psp but overall their launc numbers put it ahead -and im talking about monthly sales since the 3ds came out if your interisted once it gets games it will do even better right now it only has 5 ips i think that are worth owning most people wont pay 250 for just 5 games ,

they will wait , and thats ok , because i have no regrets the virtual console the ds bc all made 250 worth it for me , vs vita not being compatible with my psp games ill have to see what vita has and so far its lacking

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

well thats because developers are hesitant on releasing there games on it cuz of the low sales...glad to see consumers are seeing the 3DS for what it really is..a gimmick. this thing is pretty much a DS just with 3D and an analog stick.. cant wait for the PSV to come out so it can murder the 3DSLP4EVA2005

The 3DS is more than a DS with 3D and an analog stick. :| It has far more graphical capabilities than the DS ever did, it has glasses free 3D that works very well, except for some ghosting, one of the best analog sticks on a handheld, a better online system and online shop, netflix, 3D photos, augmented reality games, better sound quality, and hopefully in the future 3D video recording capabilities.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18254 Posts

It is sad to see games canceled, but there are still great titles for the system, so really, who honestly cared for My Garden?...oh i know who, the haters who claim that the system is dead.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] It's sad, but Hakanakumono is right. It doesn't matter how potentially good your platform can be. If developers avoid it, regardless of the reasons, it is worthless, and ultimately that will be Nintendo's fault. There are many way to make a platform enticing to develop on, from being cheap, to being able to exploit a share of the market you can't via other platforms. DerekLoffin

I'm sorry but until smartphones get a game similar to Uncharted, Mario Kart, LBP, Resident Evil Revelations, Dragon Quest IX, etc., smartphones are irrelevant in the gaming handheld discussion. You never see proper versions of FF, RE, etc. from smartphones. You get mini games and spin-offs. Handhelds are here to stay. Casuals won't buy games from their smartphones that are expensive compared to the plethora of $1 games so developing a core game or should i say a high quality/high budget game on smartphones isn't rosy as it seems.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]well thats because developers are hesitant on releasing there games on it cuz of the low sales...glad to see consumers are seeing the 3DS for what it really is..a gimmick. this thing is pretty much a DS just with 3D and an analog stick.. cant wait for the PSV to come out so it can murder the 3DSDarkGamer007

The 3DS is more than a DS with 3D and an analog stick. :| It has far more graphical capabilities than the DS ever did, it has glasses free 3D that works very well, except for some ghosting, one of the best analog sticks on a handheld, a better online system and online shop, netflix, 3D photos, augmented reality games, better sound quality, and hopefully in the future 3D video recording capabilities.

3DS is not a gimmick and IT will be destroying the vita. What does the vita have that makes it so good? Nothing! 3DS is getting mario, mario kart, paper mario, star fox, animal crossing and zelda already out. Not to mention the e-shop bringing back the old game boy games. 3DS is going to definitely be worth it when I get mine soon.
EggHeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 EggHeadMan
Member since 2011 • 723 Posts

Not to mention that Zelda OoT failed to sell 3 million 3DS units :lol:

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] so what exactly did Nintendo do that got third parties to develop their games on the DS?lordlors

I'm sorry but until smartphones get a game similar to Uncharted, Mario Kart, LBP, Resident Evil Revelations, Dragon Quest IX, etc., smartphones are irrelevant in the gaming handheld discussion. You never see proper versions of FF, RE, etc. from smartphones. You get mini games and spin-offs. Handhelds are here to stay. Casuals won't buy games from their smartphones that are expensive compared to the plethora of $1 games so developing a core game or should i say a high quality/high budget game on smartphones isn't rosy as it seems.

Sorry, but your denial of the smartphone market has zero relevance on whether the developers spend their money there rather than other places. Developers want to make money, and if they can pump out 10 cheap $5 games that net them 5 million total vs 1 $40 game that nets them 3 million, they'll likely go with the 10 cheap ones whether we like it or not.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

EggHeadMan
Uncharted won't be making people gobble the vita up either.
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="LP4EVA2005"]well thats because developers are hesitant on releasing there games on it cuz of the low sales...glad to see consumers are seeing the 3DS for what it really is..a gimmick. this thing is pretty much a DS just with 3D and an analog stick.. cant wait for the PSV to come out so it can murder the 3DSShinobishyguy

And the GBC is just a GB with color The DS is a GBA with 2 screens The PS3 is just a PS2 with PSN and Blu-Ray The iPad is just an oversized iPod Touch :P
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="lordlors"]

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] Be the cheap development option of the time. Most smart-phone-esk devices at the time did not have well developed proven markets yet (iPhone didn't release till 3 years later). Now they do which greatly cuts into that option for 3DS.

DerekLoffin

Sorry, but your denial of the smartphone market has zero relevance on whether the developers spend their money there rather than other places. Developers want to make money, and if they can pump out 10 cheap $5 games that net them 5 million total vs 1 $40 game that nets them 3 million, they'll likely go with the 10 cheap ones whether we like it or not.

It seems you can't comprehend. I'm simply saying devs will make games on smartphones but not like the games you play on handhelds no matter how strong the hardware of smartphones will get. If anything, smartphones are doing a favor to 3DS/Vita because casual games and trashy games will appear less on the two platforms and migrate to smartphones while core games will remain on the handhelds.
BluesKing527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BluesKing527
Member since 2009 • 441 Posts
Aww dang it my garden is cancelled gosh I was REALLY looking forward to that game!
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="lordlors"] I'm sorry but until smartphones get a game similar to Uncharted, Mario Kart, LBP, Resident Evil Revelations, Dragon Quest IX, etc., smartphones are irrelevant in the gaming handheld discussion. You never see proper versions of FF, RE, etc. from smartphones. You get mini games and spin-offs. Handhelds are here to stay. Casuals won't buy games from their smartphones that are expensive compared to the plethora of $1 games so developing a core game or should i say a high quality/high budget game on smartphones isn't rosy as it seems.

lordlors

It seems you can't comprehend. I'm simply saying devs will make games on smartphones but not like the games you play on handhelds no matter how strong the hardware of smartphones will get. If anything, smartphones are doing a favor to 3DS/Vita because casual games and trashy games will appear less on the two platforms and migrate to smartphones while core games will remain on the handhelds.

And what you don't seem to comprehend is you need developers to spend money on your platform, even on cheap games, ESPECIALLY when you aren't pushing a hardware advantage. We don't want shovelware, and we don't buy shovelware, but fact of the matter is shovelware pays the bills and moves hardware much of the time, and thus supports the stuff we want. As I said, DS was the cheap development option of its time, and thus got a lot of developer attention because of that. Now 3DS can't rely on that because that aspect has largely been taken. It has to carve itself a new niche and as of yet it hasn't materialized. And if you want to discuss VITA, it is going more the power route, trying for a completely different demographic of player. However it too has major hurtles to overcome (as another poster said, it has to compete with dollars spend on established consoles).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts
[QUOTE="EggHeadMan"]

YoshiYogurt
Uncharted won't be making people gobble the vita up either.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss isn't a remake though. It could very well be a system seller.