Let's get something straight SW. Metacritic is WAY more important then Gamespot.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#201 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

After comparing video game scores to the different website's scores, I find myself aligning myself with IGN score's on the dot most of the time, so I use IGN as a helpful basis to buy a game or not. In my opinion, Gamespot's scores and reasoning behind them are sometimes garbage. I do like to look at Metacritic to see the overall average and account for any high deviation for my most trusted IGN.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Your such a fanboy, Eddie-Vedder

virgin basement dweller irony at its finest :lol:

getowned

so you're feeling identified once again :cool:
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Your such a fanboy, Eddie-Vedder

virgin basement dweller irony at its finest :lol:

getowned

The irony of that picture is that by using it you're accusing someone of being a virgin, oh eddie :lol:
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

I didn't call anyone anything, but if the shoe fits :lol:

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Eddie-Vedder
Once again you don't understand what you're posting, its ok we expect nothing less :)
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

blue_hazy_basic
Once again you don't understand what you're posting, its ok we expect nothing less :)

Once again you pretend to not get the joke :) Or maybe it really does fly right past you.
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"] virgin basement dweller irony at its finest :lol:blue_hazy_basic

>

The irony of that picture is that by using it you're accusing someone of being a virgin, oh eddie :lol:

he's such an easy guy to pick on.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#208 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

poor eddie. guy can't make a post in sw without getting made fun of... but like all village idiots, he seems to enjoy the attention.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Eddie-Vedder

poor eddie. guy can't make a post in sw without getting made fun of... but like all village idiots, he seems to enjoy the attention.

KarateeeChop
I just enjoy watching all you lems pet eachother :lol:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#210 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Eddie-Vedder

Sad there's no one here for you to circlejerk with? :(

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

The_Game21x

Nice to see you admit it :lol:
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#212 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] I just enjoy watching all you lems pet eachother :lol: Eddie-Vedder

Nice to see you admit it :lol:

Nice to see you're still struggling with the basics of reading comprehension. :(

Hint: I haven't admitted anything. :wink:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Awww, poor Eddie.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

Awww, poor Eddie. clyde46
JjvCg6ZF5U2LKAmGrHf2Hg2.jpg

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I don't get the point of this thread. Metacritic just makes an average of all reviews. Screw that.
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

The other problem I see is that unknown sites get equal weight in the ratings. Some site with 10 viewers a day gave Halo 4 a 2/10. Now, we can debate the score Halo 4 should get - but a 2/10? Really? There were two other sites that gave it a 5/10 - meaning that Haze, Lair and Steel Batallion were no worse than Halo 4; which is a total bunch of crap.

That's like giving Uncharted 3 or God of War 3 a 2/10 or a 5/10. Rediculous.StormyJoe

Umm, how do you know? Did you do the counting or something?

Because, the Metacritic guys themselves claim otherwise:

Why the term weighted average matters

Metascore is a weighted average in that we assign more importance, or weight, to some critics and publications than others, based on their quality and overall stature. In addition, for music and movies, we also normalize the resulting scores (akin to "grading on a curve" in college), which prevents scores from clumping together.

on their site.

And it seems that some guy even did some calculations and estimates for the movie section of MC and pretty much confirmed, that to say the least, not all reviewers are equal (at least based on my skimming of the article, didn't read the whole thing).

That said, I would like to know more about how they weigh the sites and what they consider a quality review... And for some strange reason, I've got a feeling that I would not like the answers.-_-

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#217 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I trust GS 90% of the time, this is also GS so GS reviews are what matter. Deal with it. Also
You need to get laid, man.freedomfreak
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#218 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Fact - neither matter but your own opinion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Awww, poor Eddie. blue_hazy_basic

JjvCg6ZF5U2LKAmGrHf2Hg2.jpg

Hahahahaha brilliant!
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#220 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

why would i trust opinions from game review sites i don't trust. it just inflates the score with all these review sites that give away 9's (ign and game informer) and 8's like its xmas

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#221 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Metacritic is nice and all, but this is GameSpot, don't like their scores, don't come here, as easy as that.

And this is coming from someone who hyped Skyward Sword as AAAE or even AAAAE and it got AE, yeah sure the MC score is much better, but it was a flop here which it is what it really matters in the whole SW game.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#222 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.super600

It's just stupid to compare games on MC because some games have more reviews then others.

And you're telling me gamespot is better because it has one review? I think MC is decent and it gives you a bigger perspective.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 clyde46
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.shadowchronicle

It's just stupid to compare games on MC because some games have more reviews then others.

And you're telling me gamespot is better because it has one review? I think MC is decent and it gives you a bigger perspective.

Lol MC.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#224 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

people will use anything if it proves their point , even vgchartz ... LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#225 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

people will use anything if it proves their point , even vgchartz ... LOL

AmnesiaHaze

Oh God... Yep, pretty much.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

I will trust the review of one individual site over MC. Each site has their own standards for reviewing, their own guidelines and scoring systems. Understanding this is critical, because MC assumes that every site and their score systems are exactly the same. Though mathematically equivalent, a 5/5 is a different score with different standards and implications than a 100%. Similarly, a 6/10 on one publication might be a disaster; on another, quite good.

Again, MC is about a number derived from erroneous assumptions. It would be better to read the review of one opinion than take that useless MC number. Personally, I think the best thing to do is have a small number of sites you trust, read the review on each for a particular game, and make up your mind to see if the game is worht purchasing. I never use metacritic and I never will.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

I will trust the review of one individual site over MC. Each site has their own standards for reviewing, their own guidelines and scoring systems. Understanding this is critical, because MC assumes that every site and their score systems are exactly the same. Though mathematically equivalent, a 5/5 is a different score with different standards and implications than a 100%. Similarly, a 6/10 on one publication might be a disaster; on another, quite good.

Again, MC is about a number derived from erroneous assumptions. It would be better to read the review of one opinion than take that useless MC number. Personally, I think the best thing to do is have a small number of sites you trust, read the review on each for a particular game, and make up your mind to see if the game is worht purchasing. I never use metacritic and I never will.

organic_machine

I entirely agree, well said!

I don't care about a number which is a result of many inconsistencies, when I wish to check the reviews, I read them from the sources I trust...

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

organic_machine

and on top of that, when you compare games reviewed across platforms you are dealing with different reviewers. there's no equal comparison.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#229 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Metacritic is nice and all, but this is GameSpot, don't like their scores, don't come here, as easy as that.

And this is coming from someone who hyped Skyward Sword as AAAE or even AAAAE and it got AE, yeah sure the MC score is much better, but it was a flop here which it is what it really matters in the whole SW game.

madsnakehhh

What does GS scores have to do with the forum community, other than the SW meta game?