Let's get something straight SW. Metacritic is WAY more important then Gamespot.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
We Use GS scores for the Metagame, That Won't change, outside of that People use what they want to judge whether or not they want to buy a game
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Only superior men use metacritic let gs for the filthy unworthy.super600

Some only people with high IQ's and that are strong are allowed to use metacritc.Metacritc is a terrible site.

There are 3 requirements to use metacritic: You need high IQ, be strong and be sexy.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Only superior men use metacritic let gs for the filthy unworthy.kuraimen

Yeah GS is so bad that you spend most of your time trolling here. great logic there buddy.

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
The butthurt is still flowing strong.Zeviander
As always. This kid takes this forum wayyy too serious. You can tell who is a virgin around here.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]You know it's bad when you make Zeviander use terms like "butthurt" :Pseanmcloughlin

:lol: At this point for Eddie, it's probably more like "buttnumb" since he's long since used to the "hurt".

True words. If the real Eddie Vedder knew his name was being used for such idiocy he would be outraged :P

Yeah, so true. Before I came to SW, I used to love a few things, such as Pearl Jam, Metro and STALKER. Now, I fvcking hate them all! :cry:

But yeah, let's hope jam and jelly can ease my pain! :P

dscn0102.jpg

ribena+k+jelly.JPG

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Only superior men use metacritic let gs for the filthy unworthy.seanmcloughlin

Yeah GS is so bad that you spend most of your time trolling here. great logic there buddy.

With great superiority comes great responsibilities. We need to try and teach the unworthy masses the way even if they don't listen and choose their own demise.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#57 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
You need to get laid, man.freedomfreak
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#58 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Yeah there's always a new low Cows seem to be able to sniff out. it's remarkable really

Rocker6

Looks like Cows are on the same side as the rest of the gaming industry and lems are the ones standing alone here. Even Microsoft uses Metacritic. Wait. Maybe Microsoft are cows?

Just because the industry often uses MC doesn't make it's flaws and inconsistancies any less obvious...

Time to stop now, Eddie, you've lost...

We even had a vote and everything and he still won't give up.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

No, MC doesn't include everyone for every review. Every game has a different number of critic reviews which makes it inconsistent

seanmcloughlin

Right but the results, I just checked for the PS3 for example and the games are still almost identically listed. So I doubt that's really that big of a game changer. But for the record Gamerankings is also still way better then any single site, maybe even better then Metacritic.

Borderlands 2 PC = 89 with 36 reviews

Torchlight 2 = 88 with 65 reviews

You don't see the problem in that?

Of course not, what problem do you see? You find MORE educated opinions a negative? That's like saying you wouldn't want more scientists to get involved in a project.. It doesn't matter if one game has 10 educated opinions and another has 100, either one is better then having a single educated opinion. Game reviews aren't ALL opinion, there is some science in there too, and people do overrate and over hype and simply make mistakes. The more reviews the more accurate the critical integrity of a game will be.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Only superior men use metacritic let gs for the filthy unworthy.kuraimen

With great superiority comes great responsibilities. We need to try and teach the unworthy masses the way even if they don't listen and choose their own demise.

You're an idiot if you believe crap like that.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#61 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts
Here in System Wars it's Gamespot then Metacritic. everything else is just flair and show. Gamespot is first cause it's the site, then Metacritic cause it's the overall average. Then again, this is only for scores. ZombiU and resident Evil 6 have shown that Scores don't freakin matter. the Review words do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Only superior men use metacritic let gs for the filthy unworthy.kuraimen

That was disgusting to read TBH.

Anyways....

sexy-wednesday-jam-logo-vintage.jpg?w=31

Jam%20Sexy%20Square.jpg

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts
Incoming arbitor reference in 3...2...1...
Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#64 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.

Most of them are just trolling cause I'm the TC lol. Some of them are actually that ignorant.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Both are useless if you're just using scores/
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.shadowchronicle

It's just stupid to compare games on MC because some games have more reviews then others.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Right but the results, I just checked for the PS3 for example and the games are still almost identically listed. So I doubt that's really that big of a game changer. But for the record Gamerankings is also still way better then any single site, maybe even better then Metacritic. Eddie-Vedder

Of course not, what problem do you see? You find MORE educated opinions a negative? That's like saying you wouldn't want more scientists to get involved in a project.. It doesn't matter if one game has 10 educated opinions and another has 100, either one is better then having a single educated opinion. Game reviews aren't ALL opinion, there is some science in there too, and people do overrate and over hype and simply make mistakes. The more reviews the more accurate the critical integrity of a game will be.

Balance dufus.

They're almost the same score but torchlight had more reviewers meaning in a way it's better, because it averaged out better and had more of a consensus.

What if one game was on MC and had 3 reviews all extremely positive and it averaged out to say 98, does that make it a perfect game? or one of the best ever made? This is where fault lies in MC.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 kuraimen
That was disgusting to read TBHseanmcloughlin
Why so mad though? anyone can be superior just follow our way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]You need to get laid, man.FireSpirit117

aaaaand

2iklr9.png

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]That was disgusting to read TBHkuraimen

You couldn't make me mad even if you tried.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]You need to get laid, man.Thefatness16

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Rocker6

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]That was disgusting to read TBHkuraimen

Yeah, everyone can be "special". Good thing some of us decided not too...

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

super600

You're an idiot if you believe crap like that.

You're not learning well my little padawan
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]You need to get laid, man.seanmcloughlin

aaaaand

2iklr9.png

:lol: That thread was fun.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]That was disgusting to read TBHseanmcloughlin

You couldn't make me mad even if you tried.

But then why are u mad? :|
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.shadowchronicle

Metacritic's problem is it uses a weighted average, implying that some websites' opinions are better than others.

If you're going to use a score aggregate (and...why?) at least use a decent one.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]You know it's bad when you make Zeviander use terms like "butthurt" :PZeviander
:lol: At this point for Eddie, it's probably more like "buttnumb" since he's long since used to the "hurt".

nah hes far past that....I think the butt punishment is actually pleasurable for him now. Eddie may just be the first ....I cant think of the correct term I would say S&M fanboy but then that would mean he is a fan of S&M...
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
Best reply I've read this month.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Eddie-Vedder

seanmcloughlin

Balance dufus.

They're almost the same score but torchlight had more reviewers meaning in a way it's better, because it averaged out better and had more of a consensus.

What if one game was on MC and had 3 reviews all extremely positive and it averaged out to say 98, does that make it a perfect game? or one of the best ever made? This is where fault lies in MC.

What if one Gamespot reviewer MASSIVELY overrated or underrates a game because hes having a bad day, or he hates the genre, or he misunderstood the controls, or he got payed... What's your point, noone is arguing Metacritic is perfect, it's simply WAY more accurate WAY more often. Gamespot or any other single site is so much more flawed and prone to fvck ups. People need to stop using the Metacritic isn't perfect argument in favor of Gamespot, because Gamespot is A LOT more flawed. And again when I say Gamespot I don't mean Gamespot is bad, I just mean ANY single review source.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kuraimen

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.super600

It's just stupid to compare games on MC because some games have more reviews then others.

In that case it's also stupid to compare games in GS since they're reviewed by different reviewers...
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I don't trust Metacritic either because of trolls like Tom Chick. But I like Eurogamer, Destructoid (except for Holmes, he's just a closet Nintendo fanboy) and the defunct Gamepro. IGN just gives scores based on advertisement money and Gamespot is just random, no consistency. Ratchet & Clank had too much variety, Sony Allstars' battle system is too "complex (LMAO!) and not to mention what happened with the Kane & Lynch review.

But I usually know the games I want to buy by simply watching some gameplay videos on Youtube. That's why I love Yakuza series even though it gets bad scores everywhere for being archaic.There are times when I forced myself to play games just based on score like with Dragon Age and Oblivion but didn't like them one bit.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.kuraimen

In that case it's also stupid to compare games in GS since they're reviewed by different reviewers...

People have been saying that for a long time, quite a common argument.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.super600

No. More reviews ALWAYS make the accuracy of the critical integrity of a game go up. Doesn't matter if one has more then the other, it's always better then only one review. ALWAYS more accurate, more educated opinions are ALWAYS better then a single educated opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Of course not, what problem do you see? You find MORE educated opinions a negative? That's like saying you wouldn't want more scientists to get involved in a project.. It doesn't matter if one game has 10 educated opinions and another has 100, either one is better then having a single educated opinion. Game reviews aren't ALL opinion, there is some science in there too, and people do overrate and over hype and simply make mistakes. The more reviews the more accurate the critical integrity of a game will be. Eddie-Vedder

Balance dufus.

What if one Gamespot reviewer MASSIVELY overrated or underrates a game because hes having a bad day, or he hates the genre, or he misunderstood the controls, or he got payed... What's your point, noone is arguing Metacritic is perfect, it's simply WAY more accurate WAY more often. Gamespot or any other single site is so much more flawed and prone to fvck ups. People need to stop using the Metacritic isn't perfect argument in favor of Gamespot, because Gamespot is A LOT more flawed. And again when I say Gamespot I don't mean Gamespot is bad, I just mean ANY single review source.

There are only 2 reviews here that I have disagreed with over the years, other than that they've been pretty accurate. Thing is they have a set of standards for each review that they abide by and consistency is a big thing. Different sites have different standards which also messes up the MC score.

Also GS holds more weight here because this IS GS, when you use outside sources for barometers or quality it gets all rather redundant.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

When it comes to measuring a games critical success.

No. I'm not saying the metagame needs to use Metacritic, even though it should I get the whole we're on Gamespot thing.

Eddie-Vedder

I'm not saying it's aliens, but...

Anyways. You do seem to forget that this is a meta GAME. Its not meant to be taken seriously. Using Metacritic would kill the instant fun of ownage and flops. You may not realize it, but this is not a real war. :o This is a place were people come to burn time and laugh at fanboys like yourself.

I find it funny that you often try insulting others by calling them 12 year olds, but here you are (again) treating this board and its policies like some major sh*t.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.Eddie-Vedder

No. More reviews ALWAYS make the accuracy of the critical integrity of a game go up. Doesn't matter if one has more then the other, it's always better then only one review. ALWAYS more accurate, more educated opinions are ALWAYS better then a single educated opinion.

:lol: Accurate my ass. They essentially take every review source (each with its own unique rating methods and standards mind you) and convert it into a numerical value for their average.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

No. I'm not saying the metagame needs to use Metacritic, even though it should I get the whole we're on Gamespot thing.

Wiimotefan

Anyways. You do seem to forget that this is a meta GAME. Its not meant to be taken seriously. Using Metacritic would kill the instant fun of ownage and flops. You may not realize it, but this is not a real war. :o This is a place were people come to burn time and laugh at fanboys like yourself.

I find it funny that you often try insulting others by calling them 12 year olds, but here you are (again) treating this board and its policies like some major sh*t.

See, that's a great post. I couldn't care less about the metagame, it has no effects whatsoever on my game purchases or enjoyment, but I definitely like the amusement it provides when the likes of Eddie jump in with the damage control! :)

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

What if one Gamespot reviewer MASSIVELY overrated or underrates a game because hes having a bad day, or he hates the genre, or he misunderstood the controls, or he got payed... What's your point, noone is arguing Metacritic is perfect, it's simply WAY more accurate WAY more often.Eddie-Vedder
accurate in relation to what? its just an average taken from a bunch of opinions. What you're essentially saying is you prefer Metacritic because the scores there are closer to what you want (you actually said that here i recall). I could pick out just as many, if not more games from metacritic like GTA4 that i think are considerably over/underrated :|

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

this again? metacritic has too many problems to use here. they've been pointed out on numerous occasions.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Wiimotefan

That's some impressive reading comprehension. And that's all I have to say about that.
sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Rocker6

See, that's a great post. I couldn't care less about the metagame, it has no effects whatsoever on my game purchases or enjoyment, but I definitely like the amusement it provides when the likes of Eddie jump in with the damage control! :)

^

What these guys said.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

[QUOTE="Wiimotefan"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

That's some impressive reading comprehension. And that's all I have to say about that.

Forrest?

It all makes sense now and I apologize.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Wiimotefan

Well said.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.Eddie-Vedder

so you are saying that The average rating for a game is less accurate if it has less Reviews,that in itself makes it Flawed does it not?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"]Does metacritic post fake stuff or something? I guess people here are very selective over scores. Can't even seen the big picture.kuraimen

but they use the same scoring system. sites compiled by mc do not.

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Scores are flawed to begin with. Added to that, every publication has different standards. Collecting those bunch of baseless, meaningless, flawed numbers and then making an average out of them can only be worse. Metacritic should never be as important it is now. The way it influences the today's gaming industry is absolutely ridiculous and quite terrifying. This madness needs to stop.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="super600"]

delta3074

so you are saying that The average rating for a game is less accurate if it has less Reviews,that in itself makes it Flawed does it not?

Is my argument realy that complex? More educated opinions > A single educated opinion. Imagine you're given an option to buy a new game, you have 2 choices, know NOTHING about them, and have a group of professional reviewers who will revew the game for you and get back to you with a score. On one hand you have a single reviewer that will review both games, on the other hand you have a group of 50 professional reviewers that will review both games. Who's input would you value more? The average of the 50 professional critics, or the single critic. The only reason people are arguing for Gamespot is because we are on Gamespot, if this was some neutral forum with no ties to any review site do you really think they'd be using Gamespot over Metacritic?
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#99 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]You need to get laid, man.TrueAmerican007

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts