Let's get something straight SW. Metacritic is WAY more important then Gamespot.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

But it's rule on system wars that we go by Gamespot. Cows just want to change the rules because of Halo 4. vashkey

Cows ....moving the goalposts since 2005 !

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
It's really just a choice. I always use Metacritic or Gamerankings over Gamespot reviews. That should be a given for any true gamer who is serious about getting a game after reading several reviews. Gamespot usually gets about 1 accurate score out of 10 reviews. They have had some really low reviews that were hilarious though. If you checked Metacritic, you saw Gamespot's score at the very bottom of the page of reviews.
SciFiRPGfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SciFiRPGfan
Member since 2010 • 694 Posts

Without any knowledge on the OP, his background or his potential intentions (I am posting this because there's suspiciously large amount of negative replies, so I gotta feelin' something's going on <_< ) I am saying Metacritic by a ridiculously large margin.

A real no brainer for me. Just a question of probability - given how (relatively) mainstream my preferences tend to be, there's a higher chance that I will like what a whole bunch of people liked (It flops hard on Gamespot, but scores AMAZING on Metacritic) than that I will exactly happen to like what some dude liked but majority hated (It flops hard on Metacritic, but scores AMAZING on Gamespot).

Of course, exceptions happen (Gamespot giving both The Witcher 2 and Skyrim 9 out of 10 is way closer to how I would rate the games or at least their relation to each other than Metacritic's 88 to 96), but generally, my preferences tend to correspond more with MC than GS. Besides, I would never rely on single person's opinion.

That said, I don't hold journalists' part of MC in very high regard either. One or one hundred, that's still too small of sample for me and [tinfoil hat] who knows how honest the reviewers can actually be [/tinfoil hat], so I rely more on players' feedback and reviews and as biased and as overeacting as the users' scores on MC or elsewhere tend to be, I can't think of better early warning indicator (that something is off) than MC's review bombing.:lol:

So yeah, a question of numbers for me: few hundreds / thousands of users > few dozens of reviewers > a single reviewer for me any day.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#154 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts

Does that mean Eddie that you agree that the 360 > PS3 in games?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#155 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"]But it's rule on system wars that we go by Gamespot. Cows just want to change the rules because of Halo 4. jg4xchamp

That argument works both ways.

Lemmings don't want to change the rules because of Halo 4.

Not just lemmings though. The majority of the community doesn't want to change the rules. Only a couple hardcore cows are fighting to change them.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Obviously, Metacritic is a better source to go to if you're looking for a collection of opinions about games. I feel that GameSpot is biased as I disagree with many of their reviews.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Oh look eddie's butthurt again that the PS3 is last in games and sales :roll:

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Oh look eddie's butthurt again that the PS3 is last in gamesand sales :roll:

blue_hazy_basic

areyoukiddingmes.png

My PS3 and 360 games consists of exclusives only, and the PS3 stack is much higher. What does that tell you?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

GamerwillzPS

areyoukiddingmes.png

My PS3 and 360 games consists of exclusives only, and the PS3 stack is much higher. What does that tell you?

That you're wrong again?
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 The_Game21x

GamerwillzPS

areyoukiddingmes.png

That you're an idiot for thinking your stack of games means anything in the real world?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 The_Game21x

Oh look eddie's butthurt again that the PS3 is last in games and sales :roll:

blue_hazy_basic

Again? Is he ever not butthurt? :?

Like Zeviander said, he's gotta just be buttnumb at this point. A man can only take so much.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

GamerwillzPS

areyoukiddingmes.png

That you personally Prefer the Ps3's Exclusives to the 360's exclusives, My pile of 360 Exclusives is bigger than my pile of Ps3 Exlusives, it's not Proof of anything or an indication of Anything Beyond your own personal Preference, bottom line, your personal Preference not Evidence that the 360 has less Exclusives.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

It's really just a choice. I always use Metacritic or Gamerankings over Gamespot reviews. That should be a given for any true gamer who is serious about getting a game after reading several reviews. Gamespot usually gets about 1 accurate score out of 10 reviews. They have had some really low reviews that were hilarious though. If you checked Metacritic, you saw Gamespot's score at the very bottom of the page of reviews. blackace

what exactly is an accurate review? not the average score, i hope.

skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#164 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

Lol @ fanboys switching back and forth between Gamespot and Metacritic for whichever one better suits their argument. I'm sure tomorrow it will be "ONLY GAMESPOT SCORES COUNT." TC needs to get outside more

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 delta3074
The words 'Accurate' and 'Average' should not be used in the same sentence an Average in itself is not an accurate figure.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

To some it all up, which ever site ranks PS3 higher is the site we'll use from now on so lets just all agree on this shall we? :o :P

Avatar image for DontGetBigIdeas
DontGetBigIdeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 DontGetBigIdeas
Member since 2012 • 252 Posts

If you only trust GameSpot reviews, you're doing it wrong. You need more opinions, but for the sake of Systems Wars metagame, using just GameSpot allows this board to function. If we used MetaCritic, nothing would flop and there would be non-stop arguments about which sites are credible, which aren't and which should be ignored.

In short, for System Wars the GameSpot only rule works because this board is basically a game. But if you're taking this board seriously outside of SW, you need help.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#169 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts
You need to get laid, man.freedomfreak
NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

I agree, only irrational people with the agenda of making their console look better would disagree. Eddie is a Cow, and thats no secret, that doesn't make what he's saying any less true. Lets not try to pretend that Eddie is the only fanboy on this board, ahem, Canyoudigit, Delta, KaraateChop, Mems, Suds,Super 600, The Game, Fizzman, etc. All of you guys are just as much of a fanboy as Eddie. At least what hes saying has weight to it. Also, this poll proves nothing, just that theres more Lems on here than Cows. The fact that you guys will back one persons opinions over an industry says a lot about your "Amazing" game library. Otherwise this poll would've went the other way.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 NineTailedGoku

If you only trust GameSpot reviews, you're doing it wrong. You need more opinions, but for the sake of Systems Wars metagame, using just GameSpot allows this board to function. If we used MetaCritic, nothing would flop and there would be non-stop arguments about which sites are credible, which aren't and which should be ignored.

In short, for System Wars the GameSpot only rule works because this board is basically a game. But if you're taking this board seriously outside of SW, you need help.

DontGetBigIdeas

This, This, and THIS

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 NineTailedGoku

To some it all up, which ever site ranks PS3 higher is the site we'll use from now on so lets just all agree on this shall we? :o :P

SecretPolice

Yeah, because youve never switched sources to help your case, amiright? No no, Lems NEVER do that.:roll:

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

NineTailedGoku

Yeah, because youve never switched sources to help your case, amiright? No no, Lems NEVER do that.:roll:

And here I thought we could all agree :cry:

:P

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 The_Game21x

I agree, only irrational people with the agenda of making their console look better would disagree. Eddie is a Cow, and thats no secret, that doesn't make what he's saying any less true. Lets not try to pretend that Eddie is the only fanboy on this board, ahem, Canyoudigit, Delta, KaraateChop, Mems, Suds,Super 600, The Game, Fizzman, etc. All of you guys are just as much of a fanboy as Eddie. At least what hes saying has weight to it. Also, this poll proves nothing, just that theres more Lems on here than Cows. The fact that you guys will back one persons opinions over an industry says a lot about your "Amazing" game library. Otherwise this poll would've went the other way.

NineTailedGoku

So not trusting the flawed metric of a weighted average means I'm a fanboy?

And let's get one thing straight, kid. I don't hold any reviewer's opinion of any game in high regard because those opinions are utterly meaningless in comparison to my own. I couldn't care less if some critic exploded with impudent praise of a game if I don't end up liking it. I respect the opinions of certain writers (Hello there, writers at Eurogamer) but as I said, if they like a game I don't, their opinion doesn't mean much to me.

I use GameSpot scores for the sake of the metagame and no amount of impotent cow rage is going to change that seeing as we've had votes and all votes have gone toward the continued use of GameSpot scores for the GameSpot metagame.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#175 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Does it change the fact 360 has about 160 quality games over PS3? TC is butthurt!

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#176 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
You need to get laid, man.freedomfreak
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

WHO THE HELL CARES

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 NineTailedGoku

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

The_Game21x

And let's get one thing straight, kid. I don't hold any reviewer's opinion of any game in high regard because those opinions are utterly meaningless in comparison to my own. I couldn't care less if some critic exploded with impudent praise of a game if I don't end up liking it. I respect the opinions of certain writers (Hello there, writers at Eurogamer) but as I said, if they like a game I don't, their opinion doesn't mean much to me.

I use GameSpot scores for the sake of the metagame and no amount of impotent cow rage is going to change that seeing as we've had votes and all votes have gone toward the continued use of GameSpot scores for the GameSpot metagame.

Oh isn't that cute, you call yourself telling me off. Anyways kid, don't deny youre a fanboy. This board is full of fanboys, the first step is to admit it. Ive seen you post and youre no better than the posters you accuse of "Cow Rage". Thats besides the point, a group of opinions are better than one opinion. Yes were on Gamespot, but only because they have good forums. The reviews here are extremely questionable. Dont see how anyone could defend GS review after the Kane and Lynch fiasco.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 NineTailedGoku

Does it change the fact 360 has about 160 quality games over PS3? TC is butthurt!

PAL360

I don't think filler games like Hitman Blood Money, Bully, Moto GP 06, and Culdcept Saga are anytning to be butthurt about. Have fun with those "160 extra" games though.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

NineTailedGoku

I don't think filler games like Hitman Blood Money, Bully, Moto GP 06, and Culdcept Saga are anytning to be butthurt about. Have fun with those "160 extra" games though.

what's a "filler" game? :?

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

NineTailedGoku

Oh isn't that cute, you call yourself telling me off. Anyways kid, don't deny youre a fanboy. This board is full of fanboys, the first step is to admit it. Ive seen you post and youre no better than the posters you accuse of "Cow Rage". Thats besides the point, a group of opinions are better than one opinion. Yes were on Gamespot, but only because they have good forums. The reviews here are extremely questionable. Dont see how anyone could defend GS review after the Kane and Lynch fiasco.

I'm curious, which banned/suspended Cow are you, hiding behind that alt? You must be one I've tangled with in the past, having such knowledge of my posting history and style.

And meh, call me a fanboy if you like. I don't really care. I'm not a fanboy, I just play one on the internet.

I am here because I enjoy the forums, true enough and not because I "trust" their reviews. I'm not defending GameSpot reviews in the slightest. I'm merely maintaining that they are what we use for the metagame. Period. We had a vote a little while back and the matter was decided. No use prattling on about it now.

True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

You need to get laid by ten men.freedomfreak

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#183 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

NineTailedGoku

How about games like The Witcher 2, Left 4 dead 2, Fez, Minecraft, Metro, Alan Wake, etc?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
back to the basement virgin.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

The problem with Metacritic, or GameRankings, is that the scale is based out of 100, and there are more an more sites going to "star" ratings.

4 out of 5 stars isn't really 8/10 in most people's minds; but that's what it equates to on Metacritic. Unless everyone agrees on a standard (like ESRB ratings), then those sites need to be taken with a grain of salt.

The other problem I see is that unknown sites get equal weight in the ratings. Some site with 10 viewers a day gave Halo 4 a 2/10. Now, we can debate the score Halo 4 should get - but a 2/10? Really? There were two other sites that gave it a 5/10 - meaning that Haze, Lair and Steel Batallion were no worse than Halo 4; which is a total bunch of crap.

That's like giving Uncharted 3 or God of War 3 a 2/10 or a 5/10. Rediculous.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#186 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Which review source do you think people will trust more? Gamers, Industry insiders, devs, etc, everyone in general?

Eddie-Vedder

I trust my self, i look on gaming sites and other people's view on games for information and a broader perspective. Just like i do with everything els.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#187 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

The_Game21x

clap2.gif

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 delta3074

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

NineTailedGoku

Hitman blood money is a Filler game?, what a moron it's the second most critically acclaimed hitman game, should we apply that logic to Collections on the Ps3? Tell me are games like the witcher 2, left4dead, Sc conviction, Risen, Ego draconis, Gothic 4, darkstar one , metro 2033, peter jacksons king kong, Tombraider legends, Call of duty 2 and Alan wake Fillers as well, ytou talk some total B*ll***s sometimes mate.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 delta3074
I think the Fct that GS is winning by a landslide in the Poll means one of two things A)People on this board Trust GS more than Metacritic B) there are not enough cows around to Skew the results in there favour.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"]I think the Fct that GS is winning by a landslide in the Poll means one of two things A)People on this board Trust GS more than Metacritic B) there are not enough cows around to Skew the results in there favour.

Or some Cows dont want to Lose their precious AAAA (MGS4).
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#191 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

When it comes to measuring a games critical success.

No. I'm not saying the metagame needs to use Metacritic, even though it should I get the whole we're on Gamespot thing.

However, nooblets that brush off Metacritic as if it were less worthy then a Gamespot review :lol: The ignorance is mind boggling.

FACT. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo and EVERY SINGLE Dev and Publisher in this industry use Metacritic as a gauge to measure a games critical success.

FACT. Metacritic is just a collection of opinions, although it's a collection of educated opinions, and 100 educated opinions >>>>>>>> 1 educated opinion.

Yes Metacritic isn't perfect, but it's WAAAAAAY closer to perfection then Gamespot is, or any other single website.

Simple question, imagine a game you're hyping is released.

2 Scenarios.

1. It flops hard on Gamespot, but scores AMAZING on Metacritic.

2. It flops hard on Metacritic, but scores AMAZING on Gamespot.

Which review source do you think people will trust more? Gamers, Industry insiders, devs, etc, everyone in general?

Eddie-Vedder
Totally agree with absolutely everything you just said :)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#192 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Game reviews on any site, especially the scores, are not important unless you're a mindless idiot.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#193 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Isn't personal opinions better than reviewers opinions?

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Isn't personal opinions better than reviewers opinions?

guard12
That's a really pointless post. This is about one educated opinion versus several educated opinions. Not a single person, ever, has claimed reviews are more important then our own opinion on games.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

The problem with Metacritic/Gamerankings is that PC games always have a much lower average due to not having nearly as many as fanboy padding sites/magazines that consoles have, or payed reviews. Due to this i'll stick to GS, even though they still give lower PC scores due to standards...atleast its not due to fanboy magazine padding.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

The problem with Metacritic/Gamerankings is that PC games always have a much lower average due to not having nearly as many as fanboy padding sites/magazines that consoles have, or payed reviews. Due to this i'll stick to GS, even though they still give lower PC scores due to standards...atleast its not due to fanboy magazine padding.

Jankarcop
hmmm so what you're saying is that eddie's reasoning of biased and troll scores balancing each other out won't work for the PC?!?! :o What a shame it was so perfect up until that point lol
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

We are talking about games here. Nothing is imortant.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

blue_hazy_basic
hmmm so what you're saying is that eddie's reasoning of biased and troll scores balancing each other out won't work for the PC?!?! :o What a shame it was so perfect up until that point lol

Your such a fanboy, the industry uses Metacritic, Gamespot has many more flaws, there are just as many counters for a cow to use Metacritic, there goes MGS4's 10 for example... Get a clue. Lems "your a fanboy even if you use the same gauge as the rest of the industry, only us lems are serious non bias non fanboys, we use Gamespot as a God source, no matter how many times they fvck up and how irrational it is"
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Eddie-Vedder

Your such a fanboy,

virgin basement dweller irony at its finest :lol: lol ''your''

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] hmmm so what you're saying is that eddie's reasoning of biased and troll scores balancing each other out won't work for the PC?!?! :o What a shame it was so perfect up until that point lolTessellation
Your such a fanboy,

virgin basement dweller irony at its finest :lol:

getowned