Last of Us Season 1 Finale (Mar 12) - reactions!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

Didn't watch it, but it did get me hungry for some mushrooms.

What is you guys favourite mushroom dish?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#102 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: maybe. But I can’t see the positives other than battle scenes so far. It’s weak shyte.

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1166 Posts

I just watched a clip of the scene where they get spotted by the cop, and boy was it cheesy. I don't know if its because I've played the game or what, but judging from the three minute video, this comes across as a low budget show.

Edit: Perhaps it's because they took a video game and turned it into a television show?

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#104  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

Not interested in the show as it will inevitably promote immoral relationships that gross me out. Same reason I didn’t care to play the second game.

It’s funny to see people argue about video game based tv shows as a way to poke fun at franchises. It’s funny…and sad.

As for the Street Fighter movie, it was actually funny and fun to watch. Underrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Seems too woke with all the race swapping imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#106  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I like the end credits song.

Loading Video...
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20126 Posts

Haven't watched it yet but I'm hearing great things. Makes me want to watch a Mass Effect series.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

They did a great job. Pedro Pascal plays the part of Joel really well.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45245 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

They did a great job. Pedro Pascal plays the part of Joel really well.

Yea, even sounds like Joel from the game.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@theam0g said:

They are fictional characters, this shouldn't matter. You seem to whine more than the woke snowflakes.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39212 Posts

@theam0g said:

Shit take.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hardwenzen

Most people on SW adore him, so i must post it. Please thank me.

Loading Video...
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: looks like fans are happy

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:

Also funny how everyone was shitting on Neil Drucky, and all of a sudden, everyone ignores the fact that he was writing the show with the other guy, and the reason why the show is so true to its source material is most certainly him. Neil haters are clueless.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#115 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@cainetao11:

One thing I hate is the constant pullback of the camera every time you get into a fight. It's not only jarring but they also make enemies transparent like as if we're too stupid to follow what's going on. It was never an issue before in the older games and it wouldn't be now.

Oh! And let's not forget (dunno if you made it this far but regardless, this is so NOT a spoiler) :3 These annoying as hell 2D Metal Gear Jeanne levels. You unfortunately see plenty of them and they get worse as the game progresses. Then they have the gull to offer them as mini games to boot! roflmao

But aside from that, I actually really enjoyed Bayo 3. I LOVE the customization for Bayonetta herself and the new weapons offer some very interesting fighting styles. It's a fun ride. Maybe a little grindy but it's definitely worth playing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I think my favorite scene was the intro with the doctor expressing why he's more fearful of an evolving fungus than a viral pandemic.

It was especially because I’ve watched nature shows that show the fungi and how it infects things like insects telling them where to go and what to go. It’s terrifying should it evolved if Mother Nature allows it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 hardwenzen

Prequel to the show, actually

Loading Video...
AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#118  Edited By AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

Not interested in the show as it will inevitably promote immoral relationships that gross me out. Same reason I didn’t care to play the second game.

Immoral relationships?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Is anyone surprised the GOAT of video games might end up the GOAT of TV shows? I don't really have interest for this series, but Is the Last of Us. might have to watch

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

It was ok, went down hill after Sarah's death. Ellie is instantly unlikable.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#121 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

Honestly it's better than the video game because at least they dropped the gameplay and just committed to the movie part of the game; lost little, gained a lot.

😋

I'm kidding, I'm kidding.

But the premiere was very good. It's funny because I played about an hour of TLOU before getting bored and I thought this first episode was very faithful to the game in terms of Joel, Tommy, and the world building and conflict. Jury still out on Ellie; I like the actress from Game of Thrones but not sure she will make a good Ellie.

Will need to hear what fans of the game have to say about further episodes.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 nepu7supastar7

@mrbojangles25:

Bella's Ellie was actually really strong. Her voice sounds a little weird some times but that's not her fault. But she nails the character really well. And that's thanks to the writing. Niel knows Ellie as a character and thanks to him, she never steps out of anything that Ellie wouldn't do in the games.

And with the way she looks, it's like Bella is Ellie in real life whereas the game is how someone chose to remember how she looked like. That's how I see it, at least. No one wants to admit it but the main reason why they're skeptical about her playing Ellie is because she's no beauty queen. If you can get past it, she's fits the character pretty well.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10480 Posts

watched it on sky atlantic last night. good start. very solid.

ellie grew on me. her face has hard features which aren't a good likeness for video game ellie, but her acting was good, so not one to get too hung up on. pedro pascal nailed it as joel. couldnt help but think how comparatively weak diego luna is as andor as a leading man compared to pablo in both this and the mandalorian.

enjoyed the way they fused scenes directly from the game to additional story to give it a new but familiar feel to us who've played it. has a nice little tingle of recognition each time. overall very promising

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

Damn, it's always fun to watch the people complaining about 'cancel culture', 'freedom of speech/expression', 'wokeness' etc. These hypocrites don't realize they are just projecting because they are far more vocal about 'cancelling' stuff whenever a fantasy character gets a different race than their preferred one.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By The_Deepblue

@zaryia: Would it matter if Black Panther was played by Ryan Gosling? What if Miles Morales was played by a white Spaniard guy?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16563 Posts

@thedork_knight: umm, we all knew she was going to die though. This actually happens like 20 mins into the game. I haven't seen the show, but I bet they milked that for at least 2 episodes.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

@zaryia: Would it matter if Black Panther was played by Ryan Gosling? What if Miles Morales was played by a white Spaniard guy?

Those are culturally specific characters and a weak argument.

You're comparing that to a gruff non-specific middle-aged man in a post-apocalyptic world. Cry harder snowflake.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By The_Deepblue

@jaydan: I merely asked a question. I didn't make an argument. Zaryia said they're "fictional characters," indicating that on the condition that they're fictional, it should not matter. I see that it does matter, though. There are conditions after all. So it does matter when race is changed in fiction. Thanks for answering the question that I asked Zaryia. I will accept it as his answer because all liberals are NPCs who only do group think. Thanks, again. :)

Also, what does "cultural icon" have to do with anything? What if Miles Morales is an adopted white kid whose parents are black? What if Ryan Gosling was like the Moses of Wakanda or something and was raised by black parents in Wakanda? Can he not be part of the culture because of his skin color? R u waycist?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By jaydan

@The_Deepblue: Your argument is flawed as I have stated. Your complaints aren't even rooted in genuine concern. It's more clear now you're just trying to provoke, perhaps over your political agenda, which is very disingenuous and adds nothing to the conversation.

It's really just childish banter you are making. Move on.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

@The_Deepblue said:

Motoko Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell is played by a White Woman. Tiger Lily was played by a White Woman in Pan. Cleopatra is being played by a White Ashkenazi Woman. Ancient One in Doctor Strange is played by a White Woman. Hell Genghis Khan was played by a white man. White washing has been going on since the start of movie and films. Where was your outrage over those?

Funny thing is TLOU isn't even close to the cultural significance of the characters above.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By jaydan

@The_Deepblue: I already explained it to you, there is no need to regurgitate what I already said.

Zaryia's argument was flawed and so was yours. I'm here to correct the both of you. Something tells me Zaryia will have no problem conceding to my correction. For people like you: call me unsurprised it's difficult for you to understand these matters.

To be quite frank, I'm pretty sure people would find issue in a white plantation owner in a slavery film being casted as a black man, because that is a culturally specific role.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

It was great, but expected it to be.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#134 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@mrbojangles25:

Bella's Ellie was actually really strong. Her voice sounds a little weird some times but that's not her fault. But she nails the character really well. And that's thanks to the writing. Niel knows Ellie as a character and thanks to him, she never steps out of anything that Ellie wouldn't do in the games.

And with the way she looks, it's like Bella is Ellie in real life whereas the game is how someone chose to remember how she looked like. That's how I see it, at least. No one wants to admit it but the main reason why they're skeptical about her playing Ellie is because she's no beauty queen. If you can get past it, she's fits the character pretty well.

Yeah it's kind of sad the amount of flak this kid is getting just because she isn't some cute little girl.

Was Ellie in the game that naïve? I thought the part where they made it outside the perimeter and she stood up and was like "Wow! Are we outside!?" was a little unbelievable.

I did like how she kind of enjoyed seeing that guard get killed by Joel, enjoyed Joel defending her. It's like "Woh, this guy might actually care for me" though you could argue it was more old dad instincts kicking in for Joel and nothing personal.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SolidGame_basic

Wowza!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56219 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Glad to hear HBO Max is making a comeback and I stop using it after House of the Dragon ended. Resub for TLOU show and it was worth it.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6911 Posts
@zaryia said:
@theam0g said:

They are fictional characters, this shouldn't matter. You seem to whine more than the woke snowflakes.

Yet you come in whining about his opinion. What a snowflake 🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Silentchief

@mesome713:

Much respect for Neil saying F the haters and giving us a more diverse cast like the Great land of America deserves. We are a diverse people and we need more diversity in our games, movies, and music. This show is a masterpiece so far. And all the changes from the game are welcome and much needed. Cant wait to watch episode 2.

Then maybe create new characters instead of changing established ones? People really do lack critical thinking skills. Is it that these people are racist? Or maybe they feel the characters they know and love don't look the same? The game already had a diverse cast.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Also funny how everyone was shitting on Neil Drucky, and all of a sudden, everyone ignores the fact that he was writing the show with the other guy, and the reason why the show is so true to its source material is most certainly him. Neil haters are clueless.

Curious what the audience reaction will be to the second season.🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Isn't the 2nd season still TLOU1? Considering the amount of hate tlou2 got, i am not too sure they want tlou2 in there. But at the same time, maybe it doesn't matter cuz everyone will watch anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

The hate on Ellie's looks is ridiculous. I mean, she just looks like a real, everyday girl in the show.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Silentchief
@jaydan said:

@The_Deepblue: I already explained it to you, there is no need to regurgitate what I already said.

Zaryia's argument was flawed and so was yours. I'm here to correct the both of you. Something tells me Zaryia will have no problem conceding to my correction. For people like you: call me unsurprised it's difficult for you to understand these matters.

To be quite frank, I'm pretty sure people would find issue in a white plantation owner in a slavery film being casted as a black man, because that is a culturally specific role.

Lots of people will have issue with swapping established characters. It isn't flawed logic it's just an opinion. Some people enjoy authenticity. It's best to stop calling everyone snowflakes, racist etc. Hating on people who enjoyed the source material in the need to virtue signal is cringe inducing.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#143 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

I have seen a lot of hate going to Eillies role, unbelievable.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 jaydan

@silentchief: Lmao, you literally just called someone a snowflake several posts up.

Don't be so sensitive over the term, I am literally just borrowing it from the conservative vernacular.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Silentchief

@hardwenzen said:
@silentchief said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Isn't the 2nd season still TLOU1? Considering the amount of hate tlou2 got, i am not too sure they want tlou2 in there. But at the same time, maybe it doesn't matter cuz everyone will watch anyways.

I'm not sure. But he plans on adapting all the games. I can't wait for the reaction for all the people who white knight for the show who haven't played the games.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Silentchief

@jaydan said:

@silentchief: Lmao, you literally just called someone a snowflake several posts up.

Don't be so sensitive over the term, I am literally just borrowing it from the conservative vernacular.

I'm not sensitive lol🤣. He called him a snowflake because he was complaining about changes yet proceeded to complain about his opinion.

It makes every conversation on the internet unproductive. I can see why people are upset about the swaps and it usually has nothing to do with racism and more to do with an attachment to the characters.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@mrbojangles25:

Originally, yeah. Ellie was very naive. It's a part of her being a kid. In the 1st game, Ellie helped Joel and Tess get the drop on a bad guy and was shook when she saw them murder the guy in front of her. She apparently thought they were just going to hold him up and interrogate him. lol She grows though and I'm sure we'll see the same in the show.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@theam0g said:

Yet you come in whining about his opinion. What a snowflake 🤣

Saying someone is whining is whining now? Stupid take.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Silentchief
@pc_rocks said:
@The_Deepblue said:

Motoko Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell is played by a White Woman. Tiger Lily was played by a White Woman in Pan. Cleopatra is being played by a White Ashkenazi Woman. Ancient One in Doctor Strange is played by a White Woman. Hell Genghis Khan was played by a white man. White washing has been going on since the start of movie and films. Where was your outrage over those?

Funny thing is TLOU isn't even close to the cultural significance of the characters above.

There was plenty of outrage. Bringing up " John Wayne", playing Genghis Khan in a movie made in 1956 and wondering why nobody bitched about it on the forum is an odd example.

Motorola Kusanagi being played by a white women isn't a big deal since the entire theme of Ghost in the shell is being able to inherit different bodies. She often had big round blue eyes which is a Caucasian feature.

The ancient one change was stupid and unnecessary.

Regardless " Ann Boelyn " a historical figure was cast with a black actress and vikings Valhalla cast a black women as a " Jarl ". So it seems like they are certainly making up for it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jaydan

@silentchief: Don't worry snowflake, Pedro Pascal is a great actor. You should give his talent a chance instead of going by his skin color.