Last of Us Season 1 Finale (Mar 12) - reactions!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#201 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3391 Posts

Damn can't you morons just get over TLoU2 trauma? Holly shit. Open a discussion thread on the political forum and get the **** out of here. There's no patience.

Anyway, great first episode. Still not sure about Ellie tbh. Pascal does a great Joel.

But as good as it is, this shows how reductive the whole "movie game" thing is. No doubt, whatever you wish to call the videogame experience of TLoU, it is undoubtedly superior to the TV show.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

@silentchief: Lmao, you literally just called someone a snowflake several posts up.

Don't be so sensitive over the term, I am literally just borrowing it from the conservative vernacular.

I'm not sensitive

Yes you are. You've been crying for 2-3 pages now. That's a fact.

@silentchief said:

I can see why people are upset about the swaps and it usually has nothing to do with racism and more to do with an attachment to the characters.

Sounds unhealthy. Might need some professional help if you're so attached to a fictional NPC in a video game and get induced with rage when you see his skin tone slightly shifted.

That's just injecting politics into everything, weird. Lets get back on topic.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6861 Posts
@jaydan said:

@silentchief: Look, I actually do work in the film industry. I just spent the weekend in rainy Hollywood at film events, hanging with directors and actors, and other people that are involved in the industry. I might get some new projects soon even and I'm looking to sponsor some film festivals soon too. I'm around a lot of these industry people, whether you see them on the screen or see their names in the credits.

I don't know a single person that wants to displease their audience. I don't know a single person that wants to cost their production company money. I don't know a single person that wants to put their name on something shitty.

If that's the agenda you believe in, I hate to tell you but you are sorely mistakened.

With that said, you can't please everyone and most everyone already knows that. Unfortunately, times are changing talent is being expanded and more balanced for equal opportunity.

I think pandering is a real thing, and even if they came with intentions to be successful, audiences can usually tell and voting with the wallet has been vital. You can't just look at everything as pandering nonsense however. You need to be able rationalize the clear as day differences between pandering nonsense versus genuine casting calls based on talent and cost.

Not everything is black and white as some may like to believe. At the end of the day if Pedro Pascal plays a good Joel, that's all that matters. These woke arguments will fizzle quicker than you can hold onto them, because the embodiment of the role will do all the talking. And if the show sucks, then the show will fizzle. End of story.

That's interesting. A good friend of mine has worked In Hollywood for over 20 years. He has worked on some well known movies. Last year he pitched a horror movie that he had been working on. He had some people in mind he wanted to cast in the lead roles but the production company told him it needed to have an " interracial couple ". I mean it's 2023 and most people have no problem with that but why did they demand it? Is that not weird?

You can see certain types of people get off on pissing people off out of spite. To even win an Oscar now there are certain diversity quotas that " must be met". Again I think most people simply don't know their audience. You can't make all things for everyone that's true, but I think Hollywood makes movie's for the people their surrounded by and that hasn't worked out to well lately.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

@silentchief: Lmao, you literally just called someone a snowflake several posts up.

Don't be so sensitive over the term, I am literally just borrowing it from the conservative vernacular.

I'm not sensitive

Yes you are. You've been crying for 2-3 pages now. That's a fact.

@silentchief said:

I can see why people are upset about the swaps and it usually has nothing to do with racism and more to do with an attachment to the characters.

Sounds unhealthy. Might need some professional help if you're so attached to a fictional NPC in a video game and get induced with rage when you see his skin tone slightly shifted.

That's just injecting politics into everything, weird. Lets get back on topic.

I'm not the bitch that cried about someone's opinion 🤣🤣.

Stop obseivelly white knighting for a series you hate. You have extreme mental issues.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

You've been doing that for 3 pages now because a far right poster got owned by multiple people ITT and you won't drop it and keep going off-topic with politics.

@silentchiefsaid:

You have extreme mental issues.

For saying this game isn't woke and telling you to go back on topic? Weird.

Make a thread about your fear of certain skin colors in the politics section, take it out of here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#206 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Damn can't you morons just get over TLoU2 trauma? Holly shit. Open a discussion thread on the political forum and get the **** out of here. There's no patience.

Anyway, great first episode. Still not sure about Ellie tbh. Pascal does a great Joel.

But as good as it is, this shows how reductive the whole "movie game" thing is. No doubt, whatever you wish to call the videogame experience of TLoU, it is undoubtedly superior to the TV show.

Were your ass around when the game came out? It was something.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

You've been doing that for 3 pages now because a far right poster got owned by multiple people ITT and you won't drop it and keep going off-topic with politics.

@silentchiefsaid:

You have extreme mental issues.

For saying this game isn't woke and telling you to go back on topic? Weird.

Make a thread about your fear of certain skin colors in the politics section, take it out of here.

Stop cryinge like a bitch on a series you know nothing about.

You just called Joel an NPC for christ sake 🤣.

You have extreme mental issues white knighting for a series you know nothing about.

Talking about Casting and how it relates to the source material isn't political. Nobody has a fear of certain skin colors and Nobody is worried about your baby brain low IQ reasoning.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Stop cryinge like a bitch on a series you know nothing about.

You just called Joel an NPC for christ sake 🤣.

You have extreme mental issues white knighting for a series you know nothing about.

To put things into perspective:

You're crying about the skin color of a character from TV show based off of a video game. And we're all laughing at you.

Oof.

@silentchief said:

your baby brain low IQ reasoning.

Nice I got you super mad. The far right here are so emotional.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Silentchief

@zaryia:

You're crying about the skin color of a character from TV show based off of a video game.

To put things into perspective " your crying about someone's opinion on a video game forum" 🤣

@zaryia:

Nice I got you super mad. Just like Joel's skin color.

That comment makes no sense.

Regardless you have spent more time defending a show then playing the game or watching the show 🤣🤣.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Zaryia

@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

You're crying about the skin color of a character from TV show based off of a video game.

To put things into perspective " your crying about someone's opinion on a video game forum" 🤣

This is cope.

You guys are upset about the skin color of a character from a TV show based off of a Video game and we're all laughing at you. There is no other way to read this situation, except with copium.

@silentchief said:

That comment makes no sense.

You should read your post, you were very mad and still are very mad.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Silentchief

@zaryia:

This is cope.

You guys are upset about the skin color of a character from a TV show based off of a Video game and we're all laughing at you. There is no other way to read this situation, except with copium.

Who would cope about someone's opinion on a video game forum? Is your existence that pathetic 🤣🤣? You have spent 3 pages being offended by someone's opinion on a series you know nothing about.

@zaryia:

You should read your post, you were very mad and still are very mad.

Projection much? You take this a bit more seriously then I do. I could honestly give two shits about a " white knights" opinion on this forum ,specifically yours.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: How does that relates to anything I've just said?

The first episode was great but the video game is a better experience. My point being that there's a valid place for so called "movie games" as they can potentially offer a superior, more unique and immersive, experience. And yeah, maybe they're a hybrid between film and gaming but this is 2023 and Pong! shouldn't be the standard to define what's a video game.

I actually prefer TLoU2 over the first. Other than the awkward narrative structure it's just a superior game but I did enjoy the original too. Not a huge fan but still a good game.

I do remember the huge meltdowns over the 8/10 around here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 hardwenzen

@kathaariancode said:

@hardwenzen: How does that relates to anything I've just said?

The first episode was great but the video game is a better experience. My point being that there's a valid place for so called "movie games" as they can potentially offer a superior, more unique and immersive, experience. And yeah, maybe they're a hybrid between film and gaming but this is 2023 and Pong! shouldn't be the standard to define what's a video game.

I actually prefer TLoU2 over the first. Other than the awkward narrative structure it's just a superior game but I did enjoy the original too. Not a huge fan but still a good game.

I do remember the huge meltdowns over the 8/10 around here.

lol people were crying about tlou2 way more than they're bitchin' about the show. That is why i am asking you if you were around when the actual game came out, because it was way worse than it is now.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@silentchief: That isn't weird as much as it's not surprising to hear to me. There's always been a divide between the actual talents versus the executives in the business. There's always going to be a tension between the talents versus the people running the business, unfortunately.

With that said, there are talents out there that support equal opportunity and support diversity, and they can actually pull it off authentically. You can't just look at every time diversity is put out on the table that it's coming from a bad source. Like I said: it's not all black and white, and more people are getting keen over what's pandering and what's not. You gotta be able to rationalize the differences, and that's why the "woke" gets tired and lazy after a while, because it seems more like the go-to these days for just about anything and everything diverse.

Remember too: that an actor's role is to embody a character. If Pedro Pascal can embody the character of Joel, then he did a good job with acting. With that said, I'm sure even you understand there are some things that shouldn't be crossed, like painting a white actor to be black. That's not a film issue, that's a race issue. So yeah there are definitely some things that simply should not be crossed, under all industries.

The talents just want to make things that people will like, and the executives just want things that will pump in the most money.

The biggest sin in the entertainment industry right now are these billion dollar, factory-made movies; like these Marvel movies.

I know a lot of people will say "but they're saving cinema." No, they are hogging cinema and stealing big-screen real estate.

Mid-budget films that used to take up the majority of the moviegoing experience are getting pushed and shoved out for billion dollar movies. The studios are becoming less interested in the Martin Scorsese and Stephen Spielberg's because modest profits are just becoming less lucrative these days when there's now a formula to make billions at a more frequent pace.

Can you believe that? Martin fuckin' Scorsese and your Coen Brothers are getting pushed off the big screen and put onto streaming services these days. How insulting. They're just not worth the risk anymore; they are not worth the craft anymore.

So if you really wanna care about the politics of the film industry, people need to stop being brainwashed into supporting movies just for crossing the billion dollar mark. I really can't believe it: I see Marvel and Avatar shills see this shit five times just to inflate box office numbers to cross a certain line, like it's some money sport.

The likes of company's like Disney have effectively brainwashed millions into destroying cinema while putting money in their pockets. Hopefully people wake up before it's too late.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Who would cope about someone's opinion on a video game forum? Is your existence that pathetic 🤣🤣? You have spent 3 pages being offended by someone's opinion on a series you know nothing about.

Projection much? You take this a bit more seriously then I do. I could honestly give two shits about a " white knights" opinion on this forum ,specifically yours.

I know you're not really doing well but here is a quick thought experiment.

Which is worse:

A.) Crying about the skin color of a TV Show Character because he is (and I quote) overly attached to the Video Game version of said character.

B.) Laughing about and shitting on A.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Which is worse:

A.) Crying about the skin color of a TV Show Character because he is (and I quote) overly attached to the Video Game version of said character.

You weren't laughing.

You had no time to laugh. You were to busy fighting those evil tiki torch carrying " RAAAAACIST"

Your not fooling anyone bro. Stop trying to convince me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Which is worse:

Lmao it was an A or B answer, and you still somehow couldn't figure it out. That's really....special.....

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Which is worse:

Lmao it was an A or B answer, and you still somehow couldn't figure it out. That's really....special.....

Put your sword down soldier. The adults are trying to have a conversation. 🤣

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:figure it out. That's really....special.....

Imagine thinking there is a serious discussion to be had about this show being woke or not, rather than pretty much everyone who isn't far right just thinking you 2 are fucking idiots (which we all do) for outright saying you are overly attached to the video game version of the characters and upset about the slight skin color change. 🤣😂🤣🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Silentchief

@zaryia said:

Imagine thinking there is a serious discussion to be had about this show being woke or not, rather than pretty much everyone who isn't far right just thinking you 2 are fucking idiots (which we all do) for outright saying you are overly attached to the video game version of the characters and upset about the slight skin color change. 🤣😂🤣🤣

Imagine ignoring the interesting discussions we're having while you sit in your corner having a meltdown 🤣🤣 because your lizard brain has no other way to respond other then ... RAAAAACIST ". Nobody is laughing at anyone it's just you continuing to bitch and moan about opinions in a gaming forum. Go play white knight somewhere else.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Imagine ignoring the interesting discussions we're having while you sit in your corner having a meltdown 🤣🤣 because your lizard brain has no other way to respond other then ... RAAAAACIST ". Nobody is laughing at anyone it's just you continuing to bitch and moan about opinions in a gaming forum. Go play white knight somewhere else.

The show isn't woke. You're mad for no reason, take your far right fringe crying elsewhere. The politics section exists for a reason.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Silentchief

@jaydan: Yea it's interesting. I loved the Marvel Movies up until about endgame but honestly I'm getting tired of them. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to characters and they are losing a large portion of their audience. I'm excited about the new Marvel games but the movies could take a long break.

I watched " The Burbs" the other day and me and my wife talked about how we missed movies like that. You don't see much of it anymore. Eventhough alot of stuff is getting regulated to streaming they will be fine as long as the services pay out but it's crucial they make content people care about.

Some of the problem witch cost comes down to Actors. So you get a movie like Bullet train with Brad Pitt and much of the cost goes into paying someone like him . The reality is I don't think star power is as important as it once was.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

The show isn't woke. You're mad for no reason, take your far right fringe crying elsewhere. The politics section exists for a reason.

I actually never mentioned it being woke. You ok? You seem like you're having a full fledged meltdown. Stop cryinge when people have different opinions then you, thats life.

Also there is absolutely " NOTHING " you would consider woke so your opinion on the issue is irrelevant.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45089 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Took a couple of gameplay pics. Can we all agree its the best looking game on the PS5? Since everyone is saying that all sony has is movies, well, its one, which is a movie game. Good luck having anything better than that. 4090 for what? This is achieved with 9.2tflops.

Yes, now can you post Xbox pics for comparison?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Zaryia

@silentchief said:

I actually never mentioned it being woke. You ok? You seem like you're having a full fledged meltdown. Stop cryinge when people have different opinions then you, thats life.

Also there is absolutely " NOTHING " you would consider woke so your opinion on the issue is irrelevant.

Please stop derailing this thread with your fringe unpopular far right political complaints. There is a politics section for that.

Thank you.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Please stop derailing this thread with your fringe unpopular far right political complaints. There is a politics section for that.

Thank you.

Talking about Casting on a show isn't derailing a thread. Stop cryinge and trying to silence people that offend you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Took a couple of gameplay pics. Can we all agree its the best looking game on the PS5? Since everyone is saying that all sony has is movies, well, its one, which is a movie game. Good luck having anything better than that. 4090 for what? This is achieved with 9.2tflops.

No problems, Halo Infinite is my specialty.

This is the picture that they based those structures off of.
KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 KathaarianCode

@hardwenzen: Lol, the TLoU2 meltdowns are still going on as we speak. It's hilarious.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wow.. why doesn’t Microsoft put the $70 billion into fixing that instead of trying to buy a mega publisher?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

Wow.. why doesn’t Microsoft put the $70 billion into fixing that instead of trying to buy a mega publisher?

The 1M question. I believe they think that if they acquire everyone, they will have banger after banger. Too bad they've never heard of quality management.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#231  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Top ten highest-rated video game adaptations on Rotten Tomatoes:

• 1. Steins Gate - 100% - anime show
  • 1. Cyberpunk: Edgerunners - 100% - anime show
  • 1. Arcane - 100% - animated show
  • 4. Castlevania - 100% (S2 and S4), 95% (S3), 83% (S1) - animated show
  • 5. The Last of Us - 97% (2 eps) - live-action show
  • 6. The Witcher - 95% (S2), 68% (S1) - live-action show
  • 7. Werewolves Within - 86% - live-action film
  • 8. Dragon's Dogma - 83% - anime show
  • 9. Yo-kai Watch - 80% - anime film
  • 10. The Angry Birds Movie 2 - 73% - animated film

Out of the top ten:

• Animation - 7
  • Television - 7
  • Film - 3
  • Live-action - 3
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Was gonna wait for the season to wrap up, but might just give the first episode a go tonight.

Definitely gonna keep this handy, just in case.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

Was gonna wait for the season to wrap up, but might just give the first episode a go tonight.

Definitely gonna keep this handy, just in case.

I think you should do it. The worst thing that can happen is you flip back to Mario 64 on PC.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
@mesome713 said:

In an interview with Yahoo Entertainment, The Last of Us creator Neil Druckmann outlined his reasons for switching to a more diverse cast of characters and how pleased he is with the HBO show.

"I saw this story as kind of a love letter to the United States, especially the landscapes. America has its problems, but its superpower is that it's a melting pot of every kind of person from every walk of life. It was important that the show capture that."

Much respect for Neil saying F the haters and giving us a more diverse cast like the Great land of America deserves. We are a diverse people and we need more diversity in our games, movies, and music. This show is a masterpiece so far. And all the changes from the game are welcome and much needed. Cant wait to watch episode 2.

Yet Neil is the creator of the original game and characters, characters he now for some reason feels are insufficient in diverse representation, so much so that he pushes for change. I would be curious to know what has changed since the original game’s release to make him feel as if it wasn’t representative enough.

There is a creeping suspicion in me that TLoU 1 was a more collaborative creative effort (Druckmann was not, at that time, the studio leader and was working alongside Bruce Straley and Amy Henning). Once they both departed (Neil being directly responsible for ousting Amy, or so I’ve read), he then turned ND into his own studio to push his ideological predilections.

These swaps are just more evidence of his agenda that has been evident since TLoU 2. They don’t bother me, but the fact that people are still denying there’s an ideological agenda being pushed by Neil is laughably delusional and doesn’t comport with the evidence.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts

Good to see the series do so well and I'm excited for a TLOU 3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#236 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

@Jag85 said:

• 5. The Last of Us - 99% - live-action show

Out of the top ten:

• Animation - 7
  • Television - 7
  • Film - 3
  • Live-action - 3

Ghost unironically has the best video game movie.

Ah but. Ah but.Ah but.

Don't care, counts.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

@pc_rocks

Why are you assuming I am not against the past misrepresentation? If Bruce Willis played Barack Obama or something, I would think it's stupid. Do non-liberals always expect others to give some sort of long history lesson on a topic at hand? Man, you left wing people are exhausting. You can never handle an argument on its face. You have to always divert it elsewhere.

So if a white or Asian character was raised in a predominant black or hispanic culture, they don't belong?

Definitely didn't see your outrage in other examples and yeah, your 'hypothetical Barack Obama' example doesn't work. Oh and what long history lesson are you talking about? All the xamples I listed are from the last 5 years with Genghis Khan being the only exception. And the argument can't be taken at face value when you know what the underlying connotation is. Don't know what your last question means but if you explain it I can answer that as well.

Funny thing is if this thread isn't made and people like you didn't have such a thin skin I wouldn't even realize Pedro Pascal isn't white. That's how similar the actor choice is for the character of Joel. Talk about being such a snowflake. Oh and just realized another example, in the Ms. Marvel show (which I'm 100% sure you hated) one of the lead character was again played by a white guy and yet I haven't seen anyone from the brown/Pakistan/South Asian community being fixated on or crying over because the actor could be passed off as the character.

Want to dig this hole any further?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By KathaarianCode

Yeah, it's hilarious that the cult is having a meltdown over a white guy playing a white guy because his surname isn't white enough. What a bunch of snowflakes. Jebus Lmao save us.

Then you see the genius comparison with Bruce Willis playing the role of the first black president and you hope they're just trolling and having fun. You know, because Joel being a pure blooded white with a full ancestral background check is absolutely fundamental and central to his character. Otherwise that whole scene, when he tattoos a swastika on his forehead, kinda stops making sense with Pascal.

Just look at it, two completely different characters. They don't even belong in the save universe.

It just doesn't work

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jag85
@uninspiredcup said:
@Jag85 said:

• 5. The Last of Us - 99% - live-action show

Out of the top ten:

• Animation - 7
  • Television - 7
  • Film - 3
  • Live-action - 3

Ghost unironically has the best video game movie.

Then what about The Godfather?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Jag85

TIL: Pedro Pascal is apparently not white! And here I was thinking he's a white guy this whole time...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@kathaariancode: LMAO! Well put. And man that gif is hilarious. I'm saving it for the future.

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#244 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

The cinematic shots are just as they are in the original game, incredible.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#247 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@The_Deepblue:

They're characters in works of fiction. Why does it matter if the actor's race or skin color is different from the original concept? Nico did a fantastic job as Sarah and no one else could have done better. It's the performances that we should care about most. Because that's what it's all about. Theater.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#249  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@The_Deepblue:

Yeah, I've never seen anyone demonizing whites in any media so far. Race-swapping, sure but these are literally just roles in plays. In the case of Last of Us HBO, the show doesn't change at all because of the casting. And it would've been exactly the same if those main characters stayed white. Mainly, Sarah Miller. She was the same person she was in the game and nothing changed due to the actor's race. If that is the case for characters that get Race-swapped in a certain series then it *shouldn't* bother anyone.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

These swaps are just more evidence of his agenda that has been evident since TLoU 2. They don’t bother me, but the fact that people are still denying there’s an ideological agenda being pushed by Neil is laughably delusional and doesn’t comport with the evidence.

The universal ideological grasp should be bothering. Sure, if it was only for one man there wouldn't be that much noise.

Alas...

Loading Video...

I'm not into mass politics and crowd manipulation with radicals and extremists at the helm.