Last of Us Season 1 Finale (Mar 12) - reactions!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6861 Posts

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@theam0g said:

Seems too woke with all the race swapping imo.

They are fictional characters, this shouldn't matter. You seem to whine more than the woke snowflakes.

Yet you come in whining about his opinion. What a snowflake 🤣

Saying someone is whining is whining now? Stupid take.

Someone expressing an opinion is whining? Stupid take.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@theam0g said:

They are fictional characters, this shouldn't matter. You seem to whine more than the woke snowflakes.

He WAS whining though. And now you're whining about the same thing.

Seen a lot of people calling this woke, and its stupid.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#153 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@hardwenzen:

Despite criticism, Niel doesn't regret Last of Us 2. And you can be sure we're going to see it too in the show. That's why I prefer him behind the wheel than someone else. Fans built a legend around Ellie and Joel that they forget these are ordinary people put through horrible situations. Niel understood that more than most which is why he wasn't scared to kill off Joel the way he did. If it was made by a fan, they would've gone the predictive route and let him die in a blaze of glory.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

You're whining about peoples opinion 🤣🤣.

Even worse , you're white knighting for a series you hate.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Your whining about peoples opinion 🤣🤣.

Stop being a white knight for a series you hate.

Everyone was discussing things like regular people until he came in with this political whining. Now you're whining that I owned him. Calm down.

Also I never said I hated this tv series.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Your whining about peoples opinion 🤣🤣.

Stop being a white knight for a series you hate.

Everyone was discussing things like regular people until he came in with this political whining. Now you're whining that I owned him. Calm down.

You didn't own anyone 😂. You just cried like a bitch because his opinion offended you.

You have done nothing but trash the games so you have no connection to the existing characters.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

You didn't own anyone 😂. You just cried like a bitch because his opinion offended you.

You have done nothing but trash the games so you have no connection to the existing characters.

Why are you two bitching about skin color lol. Back on topic please. 🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Silentchief
@The_Deepblue said:

I’ve learned my lesson, @Jaydan. Your amazing arguments such as “move on,” “I already explained it to you,” and “Black Panther is culturally specific” have helped me see my errors.

I will do my best not to offend Wakandans in the future. Any Wakandans here, please forgive me for offending your culture. Wakanda forever!

Meanwhile, when something is birthed from the mind of a European with European influenced art and writing, it is not “culturally specific,” but culturally malleable and replaceable. Hell, let’s replace white people in history with non-whites! What does it matter? White people are like white paint. Mix some color in to make it more interesting, knowwhatimsayin?

Thanks for helping me see the light!

They actually did that in the " Ann Boelyn " series and Vikings Valhalla.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Casting is on topic. I think the Casting ranges from ok to bad. That's my opinion. Stop crying.

Especially since you have never played the games and did nothing but trash them as you have every Playstation exclusive. 🤣

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Casting is on topic.

Crying about skin color in 2023 lol wtf 😂🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

I liked it. It was a little different from the game but at least it isn't straying too far from the source material unlike the garbage that was that halo show last year. If the rest of the season is as good as this first episode was then I'll be a happy boy. But as soon as it starts to transition to the sequel game's events then I'm out. They ruined so much in the sequel and made Joel a dumb, bad guy who made the wrong decisions retroactively in the first game. Masterful writing....ugh. Terrible story in Part 2 as well. So if this first season just follows the events of the first game at the level of quality this first episode had then it should be a good watch.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#163 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@hardwenzen:

Despite criticism, Niel doesn't regret Last of Us 2. And you can be sure we're going to see it too in the show. That's why I prefer him behind the wheel than someone else. Fans built a legend around Ellie and Joel that they forget these are ordinary people put through horrible situations. Niel understood that more than most which is why he wasn't scared to kill off Joel the way he did. If it was made by a fan, they would've gone the predictive route and let him die in a blaze of glory.

One of the reasons why i like him as well.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:

Casting is on topic.

Crying about skin color in 2023 lol wtf 😂🤣🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

White knighting for a show based off a game you hate 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️.

For me it's about authenticity and getting the characters accurate. If they swapped Sam and Henry it wouldn't feel right. Although you wouldn't know because you never played the games 🤣

Avatar image for masterkiller103
Masterkiller103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165 Masterkiller103
Member since 2022 • 468 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@hardwenzen:

One of the reasons why i like him as well.

Me too!

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Silentchief

@poe13 said:

I liked it. It was a little different from the game but at least it isn't straying too far from the source material unlike the garbage that was that halo show last year. If the rest of the season is as good as this first episode was then I'll be a happy boy. But as soon as it starts to transition to the sequel game's events then I'm out. They ruined so much in the sequel and made Joel a dumb, bad guy who made the wrong decisions retroactively in the first game. Masterful writing....ugh. Terrible story in Part 2 as well. So if this first season just follows the events of the first game at the level of quality this first episode had then it should be a good watch.

They plan on adapting the second game.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

@silentchief: Very well. Then I will get off the train at that point in time. Until then and as long as it doesn't devolve into a cringey, stupid mess of crap, I will keep watching. Yeah, Pedro doesn't look like Joel. I would have chosen Hugh Jackman or Josh Brolin but perhaps they were unavailable or too costly. Whatever, it is a decent start for an adaptation for me.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Zaryia

@silentchief said:

a show based off a game you hate

Although you wouldn't know because you never played the games

You don't need to like or play those movie games to like a TV Show. It's a different product.....

Although I'll keep laughing at the freak jobs crying about skin color.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

You don't need to like or play those movie games to like a TV Show. It's a different product.....

No, but they would have an attachment to established characters that you wouldn't have.

The lack of critical thinking here is astounding.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Sadly, obsessively crying about the skin color for a fictional character goes far beyond a "lack of critical thinking". Something that requires medication comes to mind.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Got half way through the first episode and the F@#king controller needed recharging,I'll watch the rest in 5 hours when its fully re-charged

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Silentchief
@poe13 said:

@silentchief: Very well. Then I will get off the train at that point in time. Until then and as long as it doesn't devolve into a cringey, stupid mess of crap, I will keep watching. Yeah, Pedro doesn't look like Joel. I would have chosen Hugh Jackman or Josh Brolin but perhaps they were unavailable or too costly. Whatever, it is a decent start for an adaptation for me.

Great choices but they would have cost to much.

I would have gone with Anson Mount.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@The_Deepblue said:

I’ve learned my lesson, @Jaydan. Your amazing arguments such as “move on,” “I already explained it to you,” and “Black Panther is culturally specific” have helped me see my errors.

I will do my best not to offend Wakandans in the future. Any Wakandans here, please forgive me for offending your culture. Wakanda forever!

Meanwhile, when something is birthed from the mind of a European with European influenced art and writing, it is not “culturally specific,” but culturally malleable and replaceable. Hell, let’s replace white people in history with non-whites! What does it matter? White people are like white paint. Mix some color in to make it more interesting, knowwhatimsayin?

Took you a hot minute to come up with a snarky post. Lol

You know you got nothing left to say when you do that. So like I say: move on. Nobody is making you watch the show, vote with your wallet; or, vote by not loading it on your screen in this case.

Pretty sure Pedro Pascal plays a convincing Joel because he's a great actor. Stay salty.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Zaryia

@jaydan said:
@The_Deepblue said:

Took you a hot minute to come up with a snarky post. Lol

You know you got nothing left to say when you do that. So like I say: move on. Nobody is making you watch the show, vote with your wallet; or, vote by not loading it on your screen in this case.

Pretty sure Pedro Pascal plays a convincing Joel because he's a great actor. Stay salty.

Yeah these people are a bit nuts.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By jaydan

@zaryia: I just hope they never find out how many British actors play American characters. I'm sure they will riot. Lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 hardwenzen

@simple-facts said:

Got half way through the first episode and the F@#king controller needed recharging,I'll watch the rest in 5 hours when its fully re-charged

All of this is done with 9.2tflop. Do you see the difference in talent between sony and MS? Because this is what MS has given us with 12tflops

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Sadly, obsessively crying about the skin color for a fictional character goes far beyond a "lack of critical thinking". Something that requires medication comes to mind.

I think it's more then just skin color. Again, lack of critical thinking here is astounding. The need to passionately white knight for a TV series based off a game you hate is even more astounding and sobbing over people's opinions is pathetic.

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#178  Edited By The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

@jaydan: Loved Pedro in Mandalorian. Don’t really care that he’s Joel, honestly.

I posed several legit questions and you answered none of them and made no points whatsoever besides, “Black Panther and Miles Morales are culturally significant.” And you didn’t even explain that part when I brought up some questions as to what constitutes culturally or racially significant. Seriously, go look at your posts, and you will see that I’m correct.

The race stuff isn’t why I’m not going to watch the show. I’m not going to watch it for other reasons. I do have an opinion on it, as the first game was my favorite game on PS3. Sorry if you don’t want people to share opinions different from yours or even to possess opinions different than yours, but that’s how the world works (until leftists get rid of any speech that disagrees with their viewpoints and criminalizes the people disagreeing, that is).

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Silentchief

@jaydan said:

@zaryia: I just hope they never find out how many British actors play American characters. I'm sure they will riot. Lol

Doesn't matter at all to me. It's about getting the look right and creating the illusion.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 hardwenzen

Took a couple of gameplay pics. Can we all agree its the best looking game on the PS5? Since everyone is saying that all sony has is movies, well, its one, which is a movie game. Good luck having anything better than that. 4090 for what? This is achieved with 9.2tflops.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

The need to passionately white knight for a TV series

This is silly, I just responded to the crazies. If I had been posting about it before they entered the thread you would have a point. As of now the polo shirt wearers who came in here crying are being laughed at ITT. 🤣😂

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Silentchief
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

This is silly, I just responded to the crazies. If I had been posting about it before they entered the thread you would have a point. As of now the polo shirt wearers who came in here crying are being laughed at ITT. 🤣😂

He wasn't responding to you🤣🤣.

You are white knighting and bitching about an opinion.

Beware! Zaryia is ready to defend the TV show based off a game he hates because that's what progressive white knights do.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 jaydan

@The_Deepblue: Quit victimizing yourself, no one is saying you can't express an opinion. I have just as much of a right to express my opinion that's in opposition to yours. That's just what's wonderful about free speech.

And yes, I already answered your question about culturally significant characters versus one that is not, like Joel.

It wouldn't make much sense to cast a white person to play Black Panther considering the ties with African culture; and the issues extend beyond talent casting. So would it be okay to cast a white actor and paint them as black to suit the role? It's not even a talent casting issue at this point, it's a race issue.

Joel could have been any race. Not sure if you guys ever wrote a screenplay before, but nonspecific characters can be anything, and sometimes these things aren't even decided until late in the writing. But please, if Joel's white culture played a significant role in TLoU, please provide examples where his whiteness was significant and how Pedro Pascal's background really jeopardizes that.

Like I said, I'm sure a lot of people would have an issue with culturally specific white characters being casted by another race, like an American plantation owner. It wouldn't make much sense to cast a black actor for that role.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Silentchief

@jaydan: So you would be okay if they race swapped Sam and Henry or Marlene?

Or let's say a Marvel character like " Blade"?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By jaydan

@silentchief: That would only be fair. Non-specific comic book characters get swapped all the time.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Silentchief
@jaydan said:

@silentchief: That would only be fair. Non-specific comic book characters get swapped all the time.

For now it's only the white ones so I see his frustration.

I'm not a fan of any of it. I want my " Storm and Blade to be black and my Wolverine and Gambit to be white. I'm for authenticity. It doesn't come from a place of me disliking people because of their skin color. It just comes from a place of authenticity.

I think that's the viewpoint for most. But then you have some raging " progressive white knights" calling everyone a racist for their opinions.

But to each their own.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

He wasn't responding to you🤣🤣.

Exactly. HE came in here crying about that loony nonsense. 😂🤣

@silentchief said:

You are white knighting and bitching about an opinion.

Huh? I'm laughing at the tiki torchers who came in here and started crying about skin color lmao. I wasn't even talking about any of that. No one was, you far right guys ruin threads.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By jaydan

@silentchief: The problem is when swapping character identities is for the sole purpose of outraging and provoking audiences.

I can assure you, that's not the intention in most cases, because at the end of the day no Hollywood production wants to lose money just for provoking people. If that's what people believe then I'm afraid to tell you these people don't know shit about the entertainment industry. That was not the intention of casting Pedro Pascal to be Joel in TLoU. From the looks of it, they casted him because he best embodied the grit and the character of Joel in the games. It could have also been about budget costs as well. I'm sure there's some high-cost actors that could have been great fits as well, but we're talking about video game adaptations here. It would have been super risky to cast a high-cost actor for a game adaptation that historically gets shit returns.

It's great to see the show being well-received but the crew would have had no possible way knowing that before its release. From the sounds of it: Pascal delivers.

Joel's whiteness never had any role whatsoever in the games other than him just being white; so really, nothing was jeopardized casting someone else based on talent and cost rather than just skin color.

This whole "woke" argument is simply put: lazy rationalization by those who largely don't understand what goes on during the casting process. Yeah I do understand how being called a snowflake is lame and thoughtless, that's the whole point because it's a term largely thrown by conservatives. Amazing how flipping the script can give this realization.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Silentchief

@zaryia:

Huh? I'm laughing at the tiki torchers who came in here and started crying about skin color lmao. I wasn't even talking about any of that. No one was, you far right guys ruin threads.

Haha, your not laughing. Your bitching about people being passionate about source material. Your NPC programming doesn't allow you to do anything else but call them racist 🤣.

Which is funny because you know Jack shit about the series.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Haha, your not laughing. Your bitching about people being passionate about source material. Your NPC programming doesn't allow you to do anything else but call them racist 🤣.

He came in here crying the show was woke, not the other way around. Then he got roasted by multiple people. Funny as shit. 😂🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

He came in here crying the show was woke, not the other way around. Then he got roasted by multiple people. Funny as shit. 😂🤣

He had white knights cry about his opinion 🤣🤣

Yes that is funny as shit especially since you hated the games!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Zaryia

@silentchief said:

Multiple people laughing at some shitty far right take when no one was discussing politics before he entered sounds about right. Sucks to suck and get owned.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Silentchief
@jaydan said:

@silentchief: The problem is when swapping character identities is for the sole purpose of outraging and provoking audiences.

I can assure you, that's not the intention in most cases, because at the end of the day no Hollywood production wants to lose money just for provoking people. If that's what people believe then I'm afraid to tell you these people don't know shit about the entertainment industry. That was not the intention of casting Pedro Pascal to be Joel in TLoU. From the looks of it, they casted him because he best embodied the grit and the character of Joel in the games. It could have also been about budget costs as well. I'm sure there's some high-cost actors that could have been great fits as well, but we're talking about video game adaptations here. It would have been super risky to cast a high-cost actor for a game adaptation that historically gets shit returns.

It's great to see the show being well-received but the crew would have had no possible way knowing that before its release. From the sounds of it: Pascal delivers.

Joel's whiteness never had any role whatsoever in the games other than him just being white; so really, nothing was jeopardized casting someone else based on talent and cost rather than just skin color.

This whole "woke" argument is simply put: lazy rationalization by those who largely don't understand what goes on during the casting process. Yeah I do understand how being called a snowflake is lame and thoughtless, that's the whole point because it's a term largely thrown by conservatives. Amazing how flipping the script can give this realization.

I think it's done in the name of progressiveness. Most people doing it think all the people outraged are a fringe minority because they surround themselves in an echo chamber. What they don't realize is most people who don't like it don't say anything. They aren't going get on Twitter or YouTube and harass anyone. Their simply just not going to watch it.This is why the entertainment industry had one of it's worst years in recorded history last year.

Neil came out and specifically said he wanted a more " diverse casting " so it was in fact intentional. The thing is I would argue over half the people that watch this show have never played the game so it means nothing to them. But there will be a large portion of the game audience that will probably not tune into the show and that's ok.

For me Joel's an iconic character and changing his race changes the character. It feels like bad Coldplay at times. I like Pedro Pascal as an Actor but there were lower budget options that would have embodied the character better In my opinion. Regardless if you enjoyed the games and like the show that's great. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Silentchief

@zaryia said:
@silentchief said:

Multiple people laughing at some shitty far right take when no one was discussing politics before he entered sounds about right. Sucks to suck and get owned.

Yea you do suck and you got owned 🤣.

Stop white knighting for a series you know nothing about. It makes you sound like those purple haired cat moms on Twitter.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

Yea you do suck and you got owned 🤣.

What kind of alternate reality gas lighting even is this. Who owned me? How fucking random. 😂🤣

@silentchief said:

Stop white knighting

Multiple people laughing at a cringe and fringe far right take, when no one was even discussing politics ITT, is white knighting now?

Derail much?

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#196 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2250 Posts

Could you idiots take the woke discussion to another thread and let the rest of us discuss the show in peace??

@mods

Ban these clowns

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Zaryia

@djoffer123 said:

Could you idiots take the woke discussion to another thread and let the rest of us discuss the show in peace??

@mods

Ban these clowns

This. He always gets threads locked.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Silentchief

@zaryia:

What kind of alternate reality gas lighting even is this. Who owned me?

Our reality!

@zaryia:

Laughing at trash far right take when no one was even discussing politics is white knighting now? Interesting.

Casting is political? Wtf are you blabbering about?

@zaryia:

I'm a purple haired cat mom for laughing at someone for calling The Last of Us (show) woke? Very weird and unique take.

Not weird at all. Go look at all the people who white knight for any product they deem as progressive.. even if they don't actually support it themselves ( hmm sound familiar?)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By jaydan

@silentchief: Look, I actually do work in the film industry. I just spent the weekend in rainy Hollywood at film events, hanging with directors and actors, and other people that are involved in the industry. I might get some new projects soon even and I'm looking to sponsor some film festivals soon too. I'm around a lot of these industry people, whether you see them on the screen or see their names in the credits.

I don't know a single person that wants to displease their audience. I don't know a single person that wants to cost their production company money. I don't know a single person that wants to put their name on something shitty.

If that's the agenda you believe in, I hate to tell you but you are sorely mistakened.

With that said, you can't please everyone and most everyone already knows that. Unfortunately for you, times are changing talent is being expanded and more balanced for equal opportunity.

I think pandering is a real thing, and even if they came with intentions to be successful, audiences can usually tell and voting with the wallet has been vital. You can't just look at everything as pandering nonsense however. You need to be able rationalize the clear as day differences between pandering nonsense versus genuine casting calls based on talent and cost.

Not everything is black and white as some may like to believe. At the end of the day if Pedro Pascal plays a good Joel, that's all that matters. These woke arguments will fizzle quicker than you can hold onto them, because the embodiment of the role will do all the talking. And if the show sucks, then the show will fizzle. End of story.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Zaryia
@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

What kind of alternate reality gas lighting even is this. Who owned me?

Our reality!

You need meds if you think I got "owned" in any way ITT.

@silentchief said:

@zaryia:

Laughing at trash far right take when no one was even discussing politics is white knighting now? Interesting.

Casting is political? Wtf are you blabbering about?

You appear to have a short memory,

@theam0g said:

He got blasted by multiple posters ITT and you got mad. You guys brought in politics for no good reason.

@silentchief said:

Not weird at all.

I can assure you saying this show isn't woke is in no way a fringe or controversial opinion. Stop with the politics, we have another section for that.