Last of us 2 sales drop 80% in second week in the UK.

• 180 results
WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Last of us 2 sales drop 80% in second week in the UK. (71 votes)

It will be the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time 30%
It started strong but It wont take the top spot. I expect it to finish somewhere in the top 3 37%
All sales were front loaded it won't crack the top 5 38%

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spieltimes.com/news/the-last-of-us-part-ii-sales-dropped-80-week-on-week-uk/%3famp

This is only the UK but the UK does a pretty good job representing how these types of games sell in the west.

It was the fastest selling PS4 exclusive in its first three days selling 4 million copies but has dropped much faster then usual. For an example Spiderman only saw a 42% drop in sales.

Do you think the game will end up the best selling PS4 exclusive? Or did the deceptive marketing allow most the sales to be front loaded more then usual.

• 
Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Like this isn't a typical thing that happens with AAA games. The game is still a massive hit. It's likely already paid for itself and then some with just the first three days of sales alone. I don't even understand why alt-right male gamers are having such a hard time with the game. They've chosen to act like victims over a product that doesn't even attack them. Bunch of fucking crybabies.

The rare moment where I agree with you.

see its not Joel death that bothers me its the fact the game creator had to put himself in the game just to spit on joel and then again to bang the chick that does it. i find it creepy. it gives people us alt-right males as you say felt attacked. like saying fu males we want to spit on you and make a huge female that doesn't even look real killing him. but other than that game is great. heck even if she spit on him i could see why but why did he have to do it? same thing happened in the captain marvel came out and she said i don't want white males reviewing my movie which is 90% of comic book fans. didn't go over to well.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Like this isn't a typical thing that happens with AAA games. The game is still a massive hit. It's likely already paid for itself and then some with just the first three days of sales alone. I don't even understand why alt-right male gamers are having such a hard time with the game. They've chosen to act like victims over a product that doesn't even attack them. Bunch of fucking crybabies.

The rare moment where I agree with you.

Calling everyone who doesn't like it Alt right male gamers. You guys would be perfect game journalists.

Banklin made no such assumption. The statement was "I don't even understand why alt-right male gamers are having such a hard time with the game." He didn't say that all people who dislike the game are alt-right male gamers.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@goldenelementxl: They specifically mention not supporting the corporation because the way they "handled" everything. (too many women judging by their standard for what could have scored a 9 user-review score)

No, had more to do with adding Joel into trailers to make it appear that hes in parts of the game hes not actually In. Striking down YouTube and Twitter channels because people didn't like the game, etc.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@jaydan said:
@subspecies said:
@hardwenzen said:

Can we all agree that this is most likely the most talked game of this generation? Like holy shit, even Trump isn't as popular.

Pretty much. I can't remember the last time a game was talked about to this freaking extent.

If you guys seriously think this game is getting any more attention than any other big game release, then you guys haven't been on these boards long enough. There were the days these boards were 10 times more active than they are now, and naturally there have been greater meltdowns.

Been around posting since Heavenly Sword days. Sure, there was more traction on other games when this forums wasn't dead. We in the dead era, and i can't think of a single game released this generation that gets more traction, including the likes of Battlefront, NMS, Destiny1, Andromeda, etc.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BenjaminBanklin  Online
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

@wervenom said:

Calling everyone who doesn't like it Alt right male gamers. You guys would be perfect game journalists.

Because it fits a certain political mold to be offended by this game and that's the peg that fits into that hole. What has the game done to make people offended by it? Now that I actually played through it, I looked up some of the supposedly egregious items people had with it, and they turned out to be bullshit. Now, in typical fashion, people chose to double down instead of admitting they were wrong.

I swear EVERY game that stars a woman is like a bug zapper for frail idiots.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

This game is a mix of MGS and RE4, what's not to like? Been enjoying the story too, seems to be quite a lengthy game, since I haven't reached the mid point yet. Haters can **** right off 😅

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@zaryia said:

No shit, it's a movie game. These don't have legs in either sales or player retention. You literally beat them in 2 sittings, and it's mostly brain-dead "gameplay".

Furthermore it is one of the lowest user reviews in history. No actual gamer likes it.

You haven't played the game have you.....lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Eh, I wouldn't count the game out yet.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@hardwenzen: Dude, all the meltdowns for TLoU2 started months ago. Up until Druckmann made that fateful choice to delay the game "indefinitely", talk about this game had been relatively quiet.

I come from times when literally the majority of PC gamer's account-suicided after making snarky bets.

I'm talking about how people literally could not shut up about Crackdown 3, for YEARS. Years of meltdowns over just one, mediocre game.

The only difference between what's going on now versus everything in the past, is TLoU2 is tainted with politics. Other than that I see nothing extraordinary about this one over the kinds of attention I see other games get in the past.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@fastnslowww said:
@zaryia said:

No shit, it's a movie game. These don't have legs in either sales or player retention. You literally beat them in 2 sittings, and it's mostly brain-dead "gameplay".

Furthermore it is one of the lowest user reviews in history. No actual gamer likes it.

I did, like most I think it sucks.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By WeRVenom

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@wervenom said:

Because it fits a certain political mold to be offended by this game and that's the peg that fits into that hole. What has the game done to make people offended by it? Now that I actually played through it, I looked up some of the supposedly egregious items people had with it, and they turned out to be bullshit. Now, in typical fashion, people chose to double down instead of admitting they were wrong.

I swear EVERY game that stars a woman is like a bug zapper for frail idiots.

Pushing a certain character at the complete expense of the other? And then marketing the game in a way that was a complete lie. You don't understand how this would upset people?

Every game with women? Did Tombraider, Metroid, Horizon Zero Dawn , or Gears 5 get this kinda hate?

White knight all you want but don't act completely ignorant.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

There’s definitely been recent games that have been talked about here just as much if not more so then this game. Death Stranding, Sea of Thieves, and Crackdown 3 immediately spring to mind.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@wervenom said:

Pushing a certain character at the complete expense of the other? And then marketing the game in a way that was a complete lie. You don't understand how this would upset people?

Every game with women? Did Tombraider, Metroid, Horizon Zero Dawn , or Gears 5 get this kinda hate?

What do you mean pushing a character? Do you even know the context of the events of this game and why they're happening? There are no cut and dried heroes in the game. It's about the never ending cycle of revenge and the high human cost that comes with it. The people in this game are broken beyond repair. This series isn't about Joel, if that's what you're getting at.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@gifford38 said:

see its not Joel death that bothers me its the fact the game creator had to put himself in the game just to spit on joel and then again to bang the chick that does it. i find it creepy. it gives people us alt-right males as you say felt attacked. like saying fu males we want to spit on you and make a huge female that doesn't even look real killing him. but other than that game is great. heck even if she spit on him i could see why but why did he have to do it? same thing happened in the captain marvel came out and she said i don't want white males reviewing my movie which is 90% of comic book fans. didn't go over to well.

lol Gifford. Come on guy.

1. Manny is not a Druckman self insert. I understand the confusion, a lot of people assumed that based on earlier leaked low quality screens, but he's not. Not sure how you could play the game and still think that lol.

2. Even if he was (he isn't), that wouldn't make it an attack on men. Not that I'd put it past Druckman to do that, but it's a stretch to interpret it that way. They just brutally murdered someone who from their perspective was a low life piece of shit. Spitting on him after the fact isn't some wild concept. Occam's razor man.

3. Not even familiar with that (the bold), but taking you at your word, that would not even be close to the same thing. False equivalence at best, but more just straight up wrong.

And uhh.. not sure if you're just ignorant of what the label means, or if you're just being balls out honest. But labeling oneself alt-right is not a good look my guy. Comes pre-packaged with some really shitty and hateful beliefs. Could be wrong, but I'm guessing you unknowingly stepped into that one.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#65 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

I agree. Having finally beat the game myself, I still don't understand the hate. It was great! My only complaint is about the order of events laid out in the game. I didn't like bouncing back and forth between timelines. But even so, I was actually satisfied with the ending. Without spoiling anything, the state of Ellie's relationship with Joel is actually vital element in understanding the ending.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jaydan

@Archangel3371 said:

There’s definitely been recent games that have been talked about here just as much if not more so then this game. Death Stranding, Sea of Thieves, and Crackdown 3 immediately spring to mind.

And you see, in this thread: people believe TLoU2 is getting special treatment from any other high-profile game release.

I dunno, the first game suffered bigger meltdowns when it got Tom McShea'd.

I've seen greater mental gymnastics come from Nintendo fans when the worst 3D Zelda game got a generous review (Skyward Sword).

We can keep going on with the long list of high-profile games getting similar and even greater attention for the wrong reasons.

The only difference now: politics; and to some, politics get special treatment.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#67 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

@jaydan: Yeah, absolutely.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WeRVenom

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@wervenom said:

What do you mean pushing a character? Do you even know the context of the events of this game and why they're happening? There are no cut and dried heroes in the game. It's about the never ending cycle of revenge and the high human cost that comes with it. The people in this game are broken beyond repair. This series isn't about Joel, if that's what you're getting at.

Did you see Abby in any of the marketing? If they were so confident in their product why did they make you think it was a revenge story featuring Joel and Ellie( even adding Joel to trailers to make him appear in parts of the game hes not in).

Why am I forced to play half the game with a character that I ( nor most people) don't give a shit about. How of a sudden is a guy who survived the apocalypse for 25 years turn into someone who completely let's his guard down in front of 8 complete strangers. He was used as a cheap plot device for revenge and used in a shitty way at that. It's a little more then " but I hate teh women". !

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Everyone must be buying the traded in copies lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hardwenzen

@jaydan: I am well aware of how it was before. Still, after reviews came out, no games released this generation have generated as many posts as this one. Crackdown 3, weeks before reviews were even out, the game was already forgotten by the majority. Laughing at that miserable failure of a title is like beating a dead horse.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BenjaminBanklin  Online

@wervenom said:

Did you see Abby in any of the marketing? If they were so confident in their product why did they make you think it was a revenge story featuring Joel and Ellie( even adding Joel to trailers to make him appear in parts of the game hes not in).

Why am I forced to play half the game with a character that I ( nor most people) don't give a shit about. How of a sudden is a guy who survived the apocalypse for 25 years turn into someone who completely let's his guard down in front of 8 complete strangers. He was used as a cheap plot device for revenge and used in a shitty way at that. It's a little more then " but I hate teh women". !

They didn't want to reveal all their cards in the marketing. Too much of modern media tells you everything they're doing up front. People wanted this game to simply be another Joel/Ellie adventure? We did that once. Since we're in spoiler territory. He didn't just let his guard down, he helped a person out of a bad situation he thought he could trust. When it turns out he was prey. The events of the last game caught up to him so he really shouldn't be surprised by the retribution. Hell, he only survived in the last game due to Ellie's help. So he was never this invincible bad ass anyway.

Instead of being just another revenge tale, the story is looked at from two sides. Neither right, nor wrong. It's people letting revenge cloud their judgement. Abby lost her friends by involving them. Ellie repeatedly tempted fate by going after her eventually leaving her alone and disfigured. These aren't franchise characters, they're tragic figures in an apocalypse. This really should be a series where no one should be too attached to any one character since the stakes are so high.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 hardwenzen
@i_p_daily said:

While nobody buys anything on the Xbone because there's simply nothing to buy. What's better?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:

@jaydan: I am well aware of how it was before. Still, after reviews came out, no games released this generation have generated as many posts as this one. Crackdown 3, weeks before reviews were even out, the game was already forgotten by the majority. Laughing at that miserable failure of a title is like beating a dead horse.

Only thing you're proving is you're selectively biased.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:

Only thing you're proving is you're selectively biased.

What makes you say that? I mean, if you can name game(s) that had anywhere near as much traction as TLOU2 (after reviews were out), name em, go for it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jaydan

@hardwenzen: Let's not forget about Spider-Man.

Ooph, that one just about broke SW.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

Are you referring to the puddles downgrade? Because that game, from what i remember, primarily had like one big thread where all the bitchin' was in. TLOU2 has a massive official hype thread, and shitton of other threads with new ones constantly poping up.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

@zaryia: Actually, the game is about 30 hours long, and ONLY real gamers like it. You fakes can stop hating and get out while I play through this masterpiece a second time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

Are you referring to the puddles downgrade? Because that game, from what i remember, primarily had like one big thread where all the bitchin' was in. TLOU2 has a massive official hype thread, and shitton of other threads with new ones constantly poping up.

I mean, that's traction for you. Traction on a dead forum, imagine that.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jaydan

@hardwenzen: It's not traction, I'm speaking facts.

So what is it? TloU2 has the most traction you've seen a game get in GameSpot history, or is Gamespot a dead forum? Tough choice. 🤔

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

OMG not a single copy mor from here on will be sold sony is doom..

DOOOOOOMMMMMM..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hardwenzen

@jaydan said:

So what is it? TloU2 has the most traction you've seen a game get in GameSpot history, or is Gamespot a dead forum? Tough choice. 🤔

I said this generation, not in gs history. And reaction is traction on said game. Doesn't matter if clicks are positive or negative, they're still clicks on the title. And lets not pretend its different elsewhere (especially reddit, and on reddit its been going on for far longer than here).

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
@jaydan said:

I said this generation, not in gs history. And reaction is traction on said game. Doesn't matter if clicks are positive or negative, they're still clicks on the title. And lets not pretend its different elsewhere (especially reddit, and on reddit its been going on for far longer than here).

That's really just unreasonable semantics you're trying to claw to.

Unless you've been keeping logs and data for every high-profile game release and the amount of attention they garnished post-launch this generation, you have no base of credit behind your claim.

Like I said before, you are only being selectively biased because clearly you're a fan of the game and you have the need to defend it. And you have every right to, but don't pretend this game is any more special than any other game release.

It turns out, people to this day still make GTA5 threads. BotW had a strong System Wars response and so did Death Stranding. Sea of Thieves turned Gamespot into Sea of I-Don't-Want-to-Shut-Up-About-This-Game.

Quit pretending otherwise.

Facts: People aren't shutting up about TLoU2

Myth: TLoU2 is getting special treatment

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ConanTheStoner

Obviously no game is going to get the same chatter these days on a relatively dead forum. No more hype threads reaching 10k+ posts or the insane ones pushing towards 20k. No more floods of threads requiring stickies.

But I think it's fair to say that in recent years this game has seen more talk than most. For the whole gen? Nah. Even in 2015/2016 games like TW3 and MGSV were getting a lot of discussion here. BotW saw a lot of discussion as well, what 2017?

But between the leaks, the "controversy" and the normal SW type discourse, yeah this shit has been going for months and seems it will continue.

Either way, definitely not a blowout. Like unless someone wants to go tally up various threads and post counts, no definitive answer here.

Sounds like a job for Tormo.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@zaryia said:
@fastnslowww said:
@zaryia said:

I did, like most I think it sucks.

What didn't you like about it.....go into more detail?, sounds to me you just sucked at it or it isn't your type of game....stick to kiddy trash. Most didn't think it sucked, they just had issues with the story. Gameplay-wise it's some of the best there is. FACT!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Didn’t Uncharted 4 do the same thing? And it then became the best selling exclusive PS4 back then and even that drop 80% after the first week. They didn’t even count digital sales and I bought the digital version.

Either way, I personally enjoy Last of Us 2 but that's about it. I'll do my second play this weekend so I can clear that game out and make waves for Ghost of Tsushima.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#88 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@wervenom: It might have something to do with the UK relaxing some stay at home policies. They’ve been gathering on the beach in Bournemouth and Brighton.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

While nobody buys anything on the Xbone because there's simply nothing to buy. What's better?

I love how you say you're not a cow and PC is your primary gaming device and yet here you are getting all butthurt over my comment which is more than likely true lol.

You remind me of benjibanklin, you appear here out of nowhere with accounts from over a decade ago and say that you're hermits while getting butthurt over people making negative comments about Sony's games lol.

Stay butthurt :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@zaryia: Still butthurt and still clinging to user reviews that were review bombed by people like yourself who didnt play it...so so sad and pathetic lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

I love how you say you're not a cow and PC is your primary gaming device and yet here you are getting all butthurt over my comment which is more than likely true lol.

You remind me of benjibanklin, you appear here out of nowhere with accounts from over a decade ago and say that you're hermits while getting butthurt over people making negative comments about Sony's games lol.

Yes, i'm a cow because i gave you facts, no matter the system. Nothing is not better than your "cinematic" 94 meta score game that people supposedly sell on ebay.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@vfighter said:

@zaryia: Still butthurt and still clinging to user reviews that were review bombed by people like yourself who didnt play it...so so sad and pathetic lol.

I asked this of tormentos, but got no response... What about the multiple 10 scores on June 19th?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yes, i'm a cow because i gave you facts, no matter the system. Nothing is not better than your "cinematic" 94 meta score game that people supposedly sell on ebay.

No you didn't provide facts, you provided butthurt over my comment, nothing unusual just another day for you on SW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lundy86_4 said:
@vfighter said:

I asked this of tormentos, but got no response... What about the multiple 10 scores on June 19th?

Don't forget about the 3000+ 5 star reviews the game had on the PS store well before it was released lol.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@goldenelementxl: it broke the record by 1%. Then it declined by 80%.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ConanTheStoner

@wiiboxstation said:

@goldenelementxl: it broke the record by 1%. Then it declined by 80%.

I'm never the type to argue sales. But from what I understand, that 1% was only counting physical sales, so the actual difference is likely much higher.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hardwenzen

@i_p_daily: I can tell my facts are melting you, and you're displeased.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@vfighter said:

Uh huh. Just like how TLJ was "review bombed", must be why everyone trashes it.

Loading Video...

Let it go.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@bluestars: make all Nintendo titles be exclusive to ps4 and you'll see just meannless that attachment rate is

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45106 Posts

This game is incredible. Haters gone hate!