Last of us 2 sales drop 80% in second week in the UK.

• 180 results
WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Last of us 2 sales drop 80% in second week in the UK. (71 votes)

It will be the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time 30%
It started strong but It wont take the top spot. I expect it to finish somewhere in the top 3 37%
All sales were front loaded it won't crack the top 5 38%

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spieltimes.com/news/the-last-of-us-part-ii-sales-dropped-80-week-on-week-uk/%3famp

This is only the UK but the UK does a pretty good job representing how these types of games sell in the west.

It was the fastest selling PS4 exclusive in its first three days selling 4 million copies but has dropped much faster then usual. For an example Spiderman only saw a 42% drop in sales.

Do you think the game will end up the best selling PS4 exclusive? Or did the deceptive marketing allow most the sales to be front loaded more then usual.

• 
Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

110 million PS4 owners,most anticipated ps4 exclusive,cows claiming g it’s all about the games

This game wants to sell more than 10% of the user base or the games narrative is dead on its arse

HaH

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

The Suicide Squad-effect begins.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

No shit, it's a movie game. These don't have legs in either sales or player retention. You literally beat them in 2 sittings, and it's mostly brain-dead "gameplay".

Furthermore it is one of the lowest user reviews in history. No actual gamer likes it.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@zaryia said:

No shit, it's a movie game. These don't have legs in either sales or player retention. You literally beat them in 2 sittings, and it's mostly brain-dead "gameplay".

Furthermore it is one of the lowest user reviews in history. No actual gamer likes it.

God of War and Spiderman both had legs. Although I'm not sure if you classify those as movie games.

Stealth and TPS gameplay is actually really good but the story seemed to have rubbed people the wrong way.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jaydan

@wervenom said:
@zaryia said:

God of War and Spiderman both had legs. Although I'm not sure if you classify those as movie games.

Stealth and TPS gameplay is actually really good but the story seemed to have rubbed people the wrong way.

Neither of those titles were wrapped up in bad publicity campaigns.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WeRVenom

@jaydan said:
@wervenom said:
@zaryia said:

Neither of those titles were wrapped up in bad publicity campaigns.

That's the developer's fault though. They took a risk and it didn't pay off for most people.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Life time sales, I expect Last of Us 2 doing much better than part 1.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Get woke, go broke. Looks good on em’.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaydan

@wervenom: Yes so the developer's initiated a bad publicity campaign whether it was their intention or not.

TLoU2 is bound for the Suicide Squad-effect.

Suicide Squad for its time made boatloads of money off bad publicity alone. For some reason bad publicity gets people to flock to these things just to see what the fuss is about, but it's not a successful business model in the long-term.

After the initial steam people are going to realize how not special or just plain crappy these offerings really are, and they're gonna fall far away from relevance because their quality lacks staying-power.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69362 Posts

LOL. Didn't people point out the same thing for God of War? I guess the megalithic success of this game really burns the folks who said the game would tank because "teh lesbians".

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WeRVenom

@jaydan: Yea it's sad honestly. I actually bought the game but choose to buy it used( I never do that). But the way ND handled everything i couldn't support them.

As a game it's a great. The visuals are arguably the best I've ever seen the combat is the most visceral and satisfying I have ever played but the story is laughably bad which for most games wouldn't be a big deal to me but for ND games story actually matters. They could have changed the story up a bit and had you play half the game as Ellie and half the game as Joel and it would have had a 9+ user review on MC and probably been the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time. Instead they went for Woke points and lost more then half their fanbase.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Are people really in this thread claiming "victory" over slower week 2 sales in the UK? I guess y'all will grasp at anything after the record breaking launch sales.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Get woke, go broke.

Has this ever happened?

Only thing I can think of is Battlefield 5, but post-launch discussion of that game's failures rarely mention playable girls, as it wasn't a notable factor in its lifespan. The game was predicted to flop before it was revealed due to Battlefront 2, and then most of its damage came from gameplay changes like TTK.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WeRVenom

@Pedro said:

LOL. Didn't people point out the same thing for God of War? I guess the megalithic success of this game really burns the folks who said the game would tank because "teh lesbians".

God of War only dropped 35%, nowhere close to this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mcvuk.com/business-news/god-of-war-stands-firm-at-no-1-for-a-second-week/

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jaydan

@goldenelementxl said:

Are people really in this thread claiming "victory" over slower week 2 sales in the UK? I guess y'all will grasp at anything after the record breaking launch sales.

I looked through the posts in this thread and so far I don't see anyone claiming victory.

Telling it like it is =/= claiming victory.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WeRVenom
@nepu7supastar7 said:

Life time sales, I expect Last of Us 2 doing much better than part 1.

Last of US part one is back in the top 10 again and is at 20 million.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pedro

@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:

Man, the game is a success. Your cries have fallen on deaf ears. Time to move on. God of War didn't have an ongoing pandemic.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Not surprised at all. The woke crowd jumped the gun to use week 1 sales to "own the pubs" and realistic people such as myself said let's pump the brakes and see how long its legs last after the hardcore fans get their copy.

It looks like sales are already drying up after 1 week just as I expected. Now when it doesn't match the sales of the original or other big PS4 exclusives in the long run you'll hear the SJWs blame gamers for not buying it like anyone is required to buy a game they don't want.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WeRVenom

@Pedro said:
@wervenom said:
@Pedro said:

Man, the game is a success. Your cries have fallen on deaf ears. Time to move on. God of War didn't have an ongoing pandemic.

Pandemic didn't matter last week, now it matters again?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38713 Posts

94 meta, fastest selling game on the ps4, best console graphics, best animations of the whole gaming industry. This game is smashing it. Cry more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@jaydan said:

I looked through the posts in this thread and so far I don't see anyone claiming victory.

@zaryia said:

@Sevenizz said:

@wervenom said:

@jaydan: Yea it's sad honestly. I actually bought the game but choose to buy it used( I never do that). But the way ND handled everything i couldn't support them.

As a game it's a great. The visuals are arguably the best I've ever seen the combat is the most visceral and satisfying I have ever played but the story is laughably bad which for most games wouldn't be a big deal to me but for ND games story actually matters. They could have changed the story up a bit and had you play half the game as Ellie and half the game as Joel and it would have had a 9+ user review on MC and probably been the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time. Instead they went for Woke points and lost more then half their fanbase.

What happens if week 3 sales rebound? What happens if the game is still hot in the U.S.?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@wervenom said:

Pre-orders. But, continue damage controlling the game's success, its entertaining.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

94 meta, fastest selling game on the ps4, best console graphics, best animations of the whole gaming industry. This game is smashing it. Cry more.

Don't forget the 3.0 user score from actual gamers and historically high drop-off in week 2 sales.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaydan

@goldenelementxl said:
@jaydan said:

@zaryia said:

@Sevenizz said:

@wervenom said:

What happens if week 3 sales rebound? What happens if the game is still hot in the U.S.?

So can you tell me where any of these posts are claiming victory?

All I see is people just telling it like it is. That's not a victory call. Some people are just realistic with what they see.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

This isn't entirely unexpected.

Ex. God of War sold 3.1M in 3 days and, only hit 5M after 31 days. It ended up selling over 10M.

---

We'll have to wait and see how well the game sells over the holidays.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WeRVenom

@Pedro said:
@wervenom said:

Pre-orders. But, continue damage controlling the game's success, its entertaining.

Preorders were all canceled. You literally could only preorder the game during a pandemic. I'm not Dcing it's success but in one week it went from being the fastest selling PS exclusive to the third.

Why are you denying this simple fact? I said lets wait to see if it has legs before you celebrate and now your damage controlling.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

Don't forget the 3.0 user score from actual gamers and historically high drop-off in week 2 sales.

Gamers that give it a shit score because a certain thing happens. Like imagine giving a game like this a 2/10 because 1 thing you dislike has happened. Real professional reviewers we got in there.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaydan

@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

Gamers that give it a shit score because a certain thing happens. Like imagine giving a game like this a 2/10 because 1 thing you dislike has happened. Real professional reviewers we got in there.

I think it speaks volumes that the majority of complaints we see about the game is about the story and not the gameplay. I think that speaks a lot of Naughty Dog and the types of games they make. People don't buy Naughty Dog games for the gameplay, they buy them for the Cinematic story.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to review a game favorably or unfavorably over story issues when the developer's biggest focus and reputation these days is making Cinematic story experiences.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WeRVenom

@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

The gameplay is actually really good. That's what allows me to enjoy the game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hardwenzen

@wervenom said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

The gameplay is actually really good. That's what allows me to enjoy the game.

Best ND has ever made in my opinion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Lol. These kinds of threads never turn out well for the TC. Just wait for the total sales numbers down the line. Fortunately for your sake this thread will be buried by then, unless someone decides to dig it up.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Good to see Blackhairedhero is clinging to any little thing to confirm his biases. Too bad the majority doesn't give two sh*ts about what he or his ilk thinks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@jaydan said:

All I see is people just telling it like it is. That's not a victory call. Some people are just realistic with what they see.

1 - Using user reviews to make any kind of argument is ridiculous

2 - "Get woke, go broke" The game has the highest selling opening week of any PS4 exclusive...

3 - A user bought the game used because they refused to "support" Naughty Dog. They then said the game was great with the best visuals and combat...

4 - The same used as point 3 said if Joel was a playable character, the game would have a 9 user-score and would be the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time...

These are the points you call "realistic" and people "calling it like they see it." I'm saying these points wouldn't exist if the week 2 UK sales were better. The fact these folks are coming out of the woodwork shows their confirmation bias. That's what I'm referring to when I say you're all "claiming victory." Watch where you all go when we get more U.S. numbers or when the game breaks another record. The folks out there bitching about devs being "woke" are an incredibly small, but loud and annoying minority.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Like this isn't a typical thing that happens with AAA games. The game is still a massive hit. It's likely already paid for itself and then some with just the first three days of sales alone. I don't even understand why alt-right male gamers are having such a hard time with the game. They've chosen to act like victims over a product that doesn't even attack them. Bunch of fucking crybabies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jaydan

@goldenelementxl said:
@jaydan said:

1 - Using user reviews to make any kind of argument is ridiculous

2 - "Get woke, go broke" The game has the highest selling opening week of any PS4 exclusive...

3 - A user bought the game used because they refused to "support" Naughty Dog. They then said the game was great with the best visuals and combat...

4 - The same used as point 3 said if Joel was a playable character, the game would have a 9 user-score and would be the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time...

These are the points you call "realistic" and people "calling it like they see it." I'm saying these points wouldn't exist if the week 2 UK sales were better. The fact these folks are coming out of the woodwork shows their confirmation bias. That's what I'm referring to when I say you're all "claiming victory." Watch where you all go when we get more U.S. numbers or when the game breaks another record. The folks out there bitching about devs being "woke" are an incredibly small, but loud and annoying minority.

None of your points is a "victory call". You can call it bias, and you can call it bullshit, but I don't see anyone yelling "hip-hip hooray!" over this.

Buying a used copy for ANY video game is a personal choice by the consumer. Do you mean to say buying any game used is a call for victory for a larger cause? Buying used games certainly are micro-victories, but much more to the sake the consumer saved a few bucks, not so much they're having victory over a major corporation.

In your defense: I'm certain our responses will become outdated pretty quick because I know for a fact there are fanboys on this site that will call for victory over things like these

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7133 Posts

@jaydan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hardwenzen said:

I think it speaks volumes that the majority of complaints we see about the game is about the story and not the gameplay. I think that speaks a lot of Naughty Dog and the types of games they make. People don't buy Naughty Dog games for the gameplay, they buy them for the Cinematic story.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to review a game favorably or unfavorably over story issues when the developer's biggest focus and reputation these days is making Cinematic story experiences.

I like uncharted gameplay. its a fun tps. so is last of us. i don't buy naughty dogs games because of story it just a plus when the story is good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@jaydan said:

None of your points is a "victory call". You can call it bias, and you can call it bullshit, but I don't see anyone yelling "hip-hip hooray!" over this.

Buying a used copy for ANY video game is a personal choice by the consumer. Do you mean to say buying any game used is a call for victory for a larger cause? Buying used games certainly are micro-victories, but much more to the sake the consumer saved a few bucks, not so much they're having victory over a major corporation.

In your defense: I'm certain our responses will become outdated pretty quick because I know for a fact there are fanboys on this site that will call for victory over things like these

@wervenom said:

They specifically mention not supporting the corporation because the way they "handled" everything. (too many women judging by their standard for what could have scored a 9 user-review score)

@wervenom said:

They could have changed the story up a bit and had you play half the game as Ellie and half the game as Joel and it would have had a 9+ user review on MC and probably been the best selling PS4 exclusive of all time. Instead they went for Woke points and lost more then half their fanbase.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jaydan

@gifford38: There's always going to be people that attest to the overall synopsis of these games and claim that they like the gameplay of these titles, but the fact is the Naughty Dog image to the majority is Cinematic experiences.

The importance of story and Cinematics in these games overshadow gameplay nuances. The quality of the gameplay is not a question here, but the fact that gameplay is overshadowed by story exposition.

That's the image Naughty Dog has created for themselves, and it's perfectly fair and reasonable to hold story to high standards when that's what they're going for.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WeRVenom

@subspecies said:

Lol. These kinds of threads never turn out well for the TC. Just wait for the total sales numbers down the line. Fortunately for your sake this thread will be buried by then, unless someone decides to dig it up.

Theres no way it couldn't turn out well. It's a discussion thread it doesn't matter one way or the other. I own the game and my opinion is the visuals and gameplay are outstanding. I'm not a fan of the story but that's my opinion. Either way the game had a much larger drop then normal and I'm asking peoples opinions.

Unfortunately this thread has four types of people in it.

1. Rabbid Playstation fanboys that will never acknowledge any type of criticism

2. Rabbid Playstation haters that will hate this game no matter what

3. Playstation haters that are coming to defend the game because they feel haters are attacking their progressive values.

4. Legitimate fans of the first game that were disappointed in the story decisions.

I would be number 4. Although as a game it's very enjoyable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@wervenom said:
@subspecies said:

Theres no way it couldn't turn out well. It's a discussion thread it doesn't matter one way or the other. I own the game and my opinion is the visuals and gameplay are outstanding. I'm not a fan of the story but that's my opinion. Either way the game had a much larger drop then normal and I'm asking peoples opinions.

3. Playstation haters that are coming to defend the game because they feel haters are attacking their progressive values.

4. Legitimate fans of the first game that were disappointed in the story decisions.

It won't turn out well for you. Live with it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jaydan

@goldenelementxl: So you're saying the choice to not support a company is a call for victory? No it is not. That is a personal choice everyone has a right to have.

It does not matter what one's reason is: personal choice for any reason to not support a company is not a victory.

That's like saying because I choose not to support McDonald's because I think their food is unhealthy, I'm really sticking it into the company as a victory by choosing to not be one of their costumers. It's a real victory someone gave me a Chicken McNugget that I didn't even have to pay for.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen

Can we all agree that this is most likely the most talked game of this generation? Like holy shit, even Trump isn't as popular.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Like this isn't a typical thing that happens with AAA games. The game is still a massive hit. It's likely already paid for itself and then some with just the first three days of sales alone. I don't even understand why alt-right male gamers are having such a hard time with the game. They've chosen to act like victims over a product that doesn't even attack them. Bunch of fucking crybabies.

The rare moment where I agree with you.

marleygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 marleygamer
Member since 2020 • 132 Posts

a nice post is called a hug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@hardwenzen said:

Can we all agree that this is most likely the most talked game of this generation? Like holy shit, even Trump isn't as popular.

Pretty much. I can't remember the last time a game was talked about to this freaking extent.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jaydan

@subspecies said:
@hardwenzen said:

Pretty much. I can't remember the last time a game was talked about to this freaking extent.

If you guys seriously think this game is getting any more attention than any other big game release, then you guys haven't been on these boards long enough. There were the days these boards were 10 times more active than they are now, and naturally there have been greater meltdowns.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WeRVenom

@subspecies said:
@wervenom said:
@subspecies said:

It won't turn out well for you. Live with it.

What scenario would need to happen for it not to turn out well? Lmao!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

wow, some people really hate this game, like "Death Stranding" level hate.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WeRVenom

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

The rare moment where I agree with you.

Calling everyone who doesn't like it Alt right male gamers. You guys would be perfect game journalists.