Killzone 2.. More hardcore and far superior compared to MW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

so I have been playing MW2 pretty much non stop over the last couple weeks and while i do think its fun its not anywhere near the quality game Killzone 2 is. Aside from the obvious reason which is Graphics in KZ2 trump MW2, the gameplay and gunplay is just much much better in Killzone 2.. When you get a kill in Killzone 2 you feel like you EARNED that kill and it just makes you feel better whereas in MW2 kills are a dime a dozen..

I also like how it takes more time to level up in KZ2 and you level up according to your skill and not just by simply playing matches over and over again.. In MW2 any noob can just play matches over and over again and level up due to "Match bonus" that MW2 just so freely give out.

the weapons in KZ2 just feel a lot more satisfying to shoot and have so much more recoil to them.. I love how one match has 5 game modes and switches on the spot in KZ2 making it a lot more intersting.

MW2 just feels so unbalanced at times, one minute i can kill someone in a split second shooting at their legs, the next minute i empty a whole clip in their face and they dont even die.

I honestly think Killzone 2 is just ahead of its time in terms of console shooters when it comes to graphics, more realistic gameplay and the type of MP it is.. there is still a lot of people that play KZ2 online.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
I agree completely and I'm a hermit! KZ2 is more enjoyable because it focuses on the core gameplay, not relying on gimmicks that make the fights far to even to be considered a competitive test of your abilities.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

it's a matter of opinion ofc, but i disagree

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
That's why MW sells so well. It is much more noobish.
Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts
I agree completely and I'm a hermit! KZ2 is more enjoyable because it focuses on the core gameplay, not relying on gimmicks that make the fights far to even to be considered a competitive test of your abilities.Birdy09
Exactly.. MW2 is way to noob friendly, like when you get killed 5x in a row you get some kind of "extra power" for a limited amount of time, MW2 is just way to arcady. Lol which reminds me, i was playing MW2 the other day, and a kid got mad that he kept getting owned and he said "Inifinity ward made Modern Warfare 2 realistic!" lol im like wow, you must be pretty bad. Dont get me wrong i play MW2 and think its very fun, but i dont play it like a serious true competitive shooting game that other gamers do
RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

Too bad it didn't have split screen :cry:

Which was stupid considering the 4 man squad theme of the entire campaign.

If it had 4 player co-op and 4 player local multiplayer in warzone it would be the PERFECT shooter and live up the its predecessor's purpose of dethroning Halo.

I agree with you TC, overall KZ2>MW2. The online community of KZ2 is miles ahead in maturity as well.

Doesn't stop anyone from enjoying both :P

LookAnDrolL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 LookAnDrolL
Member since 2008 • 2483 Posts
More hardcore, you bet... far superior?? mmm thats subjective
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
There's nothing as hardcore games,only hardcore players.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

havent played mw2 but im pretty sure i would like it more than kz2

the controls in kz2 killed it for me....

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
Nah, gameplay hasn't improved that much imo from KZ everything just looks better. Is it more "hardcore"? Depends since you actually need clan matches for both to know you'll actually have consistently challenging matches. Is it superior online? That's a matter of opinion but I'll say nay considering there's not much to do besides 5 games modes (we get they change in battle which is cool but I found tiresome not too long after playing). Better graphics? Meh overall I'd say MW2 even on some technical levels.
Impress3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Impress3
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
I agree with the OP, KZ2 is a sick game, its far more different than alot of other fps just from its gunplay. It doesn't hold your hand much and I like that alot. It feels different and not arcadey. It feels meaty and real, heavy and thick. Its just so much more immersvie because of that. Those bullets feel like you are shooting live flesh, not a cardboard cut out. Once you learn how to handle a gun in KZ2, it destroys the effect for all other fps...they don't give me that same type of satisfied killing.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

class system in kz2 are lame and the controls are worse

glad i sold it for mw2

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

i prefer MW2 over killzone 2...shooting the gunz feels much better in MW2 and the kills are more satisfying to me

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

i will agree with you....also i think if u do want to play a good fps game not a medicore since we get like god knows how many fps this gen...best this gen would be kz2, halo(didnt play), gears.....every other game compared to them is just an average fps.....well and maybe resistance 2 is not bad....

but games like cod, l4d, haze(big flop), wolfestein or whatever its called that nazi zombie game... are just avergae fps games, nothing special....

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

I agree 100%, MW2 is completey arcady and does NOT take any skill to get kills, whereas in KZ2 if you're not good you get owned.

In MW2, you can kill anybody you see on screen, no matter how far away with pretty much any gun, whereas in KZ2 just because you spot someone doesn't mean you can kill them easily, the aiming is real and takes a lot of practice, no aim assist and no noobish hit detection handicap.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 planbfreak4eva

glad i sold it for mw2

johnnyblazed88
controls are heavy in killzone 2 which is far more realistic, guns can weigh heavy amounts, and when u run u actually dont run so fast due to the heavy gun....so realisticly speaking, kz2 owns mw2 almost in every aspect of realism.....killing in kz2 much more satisfaction....so ppl who didnt like the controls in kz2 just didnt get used to them because thats the reality..not running like crazy and turning abnormally fast..so if they made eevry game controls as kz2 in fps, would people still be hating controls? no because ppl will get used, its as much difference as playing a sim game or arcade game, in this sense gt5p or forza 3 r more realistic than nfs......so mw2 is just arcady, and mw2 is noob friendly like TC mentioned, because anyone can level up fast, and not really have skills....
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnnyblazed88

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

glad i sold it for mw2

planbfreak4eva

controls are heavy in killzone 2 which is far more realistic, guns can weigh heavy amounts, and when u run u actually dont run so fast due to the heavy gun....so realisticly speaking, kz2 owns mw2 almost in every aspect of realism.....killing in kz2 much more satisfaction....so ppl who didnt like the controls in kz2 just didnt get used to them because thats the reality..not running like crazy and turning abnormally fast..so if they made eevry game controls as kz2 in fps, would people still be hating controls? no because ppl will get used, its as much difference as playing a sim game or arcade game, in this sense gt5p or forza 3 r more realistic than nfs......so mw2 is just arcady, and mw2 is noob friendly like TC mentioned, because anyone can level up fast, and not really have skills....

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

so I have been playing MW2 pretty much non stop over the last couple weeks and while i do think its fun its not anywhere near the quality game Killzone 2 is. Aside from the obvious reason which is Graphics in KZ2 trump MW2, the gameplay and gunplay is just much much better in Killzone 2.. When you get a kill in Killzone 2 you feel like you EARNED that kill and it just makes you feel better whereas in MW2 kills are a dime a dozen..

I also like how it takes more time to level up in KZ2 and you level up according to your skill and not just by simply playing matches over and over again.. In MW2 any noob can just play matches over and over again and level up due to "Match bonus" that MW2 just so freely give out.

the weapons in KZ2 just feel a lot more satisfying to shoot and have so much more recoil to them.. I love how one match has 5 game modes and switches on the spot in KZ2 making it a lot more intersting.

MW2 just feels so unbalanced at times, one minute i can kill someone in a split second shooting at their legs, the next minute i empty a whole clip in their face and they dont even die.

I honestly think Killzone 2 is just ahead of its time in terms of console shooters when it comes to graphics, more realistic gameplay and the type of MP it is.. there is still a lot of people that play KZ2 online.

Both games are pretty awesome.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

I agree but from different points of views.

I get kills easier in KZ 2 than I do in MW 2. I prefer to aim at a distance with the standard rifle and pop off enemies with the green dot. I can barely get 20 kills in MW 2. While I get about 45 to 60 in KZ 2.

I feel that MW 2 moves way too fast for my liking. KZ 2 moves slower and it gives me time to analyze the battlefield. KZ 2 is just more of a thinking man's FPS and you have to be more methodical. In MW 2 it is just running and gunning using alot of the auto aim at blazingly fast speeds(unless you come across campers).

But the way KZ 2 switches from BodyCount to Capture and Hold, Protect/Kill a Target and other missions is just well done.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Birdy09
This is going to sound elitest but its true to the core, console gamers just dont have the same "level of skill" you find on the PC so core games like Killzone 2 struggle, and while worded poorly I merely mean tat due to streamlining they dont develope those skills... not that they are inadequate to do so. Played MW2 on the PS3... was struggeling due to many reasons, ridiculous weapons, bad maps, stupid bloody pavelow/heli spam ect with the crap 5 vs 5 AVERAGE server listing and drop outs , host laggers!. I jump into Killzone 2 for the first time.. first place out of 32 players.... 5 games in a row, out of the 9 full games ive played (30 mins each ish.) I wasnt first ONCE, even then I was joint top in second due t althebetical sorting. Nobody had common sense, i seen players that couldnt shoot me directly in front of me, funny thing is the cotrols are nearly identical to MW2's only the ironsight aimings alittle trickier..... but due to the mechanics people just royally suck at the concept of duck n cover and how vital aimin/tapping is... which are standards in PC Multiplayer.
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

Killzone 2 looks awesome to me. The same amount of damage taken like Halo, and the sniper can kill on the body.

destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts

Yeah I know what you mean. Its waaay to easy to get kills in MW2, way to easy. When people have 60+ kills you know its way to easy.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 p2250

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"][QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

glad i sold it for mw2

johnnyblazed88

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

keep your realism

i like noob controls

I fixed your post for you bro

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4863 Posts
I disagree. MW2 is simply a better game IMO. Killzone got boring very fast IMO.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ogvampire

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] controls are heavy in killzone 2 which is far more realistic, guns can weigh heavy amounts, and when u run u actually dont run so fast due to the heavy gun....so realisticly speaking, kz2 owns mw2 almost in every aspect of realism.....killing in kz2 much more satisfaction....so ppl who didnt like the controls in kz2 just didnt get used to them because thats the reality..not running like crazy and turning abnormally fast..so if they made eevry game controls as kz2 in fps, would people still be hating controls? no because ppl will get used, its as much difference as playing a sim game or arcade game, in this sense gt5p or forza 3 r more realistic than nfs......so mw2 is just arcady, and mw2 is noob friendly like TC mentioned, because anyone can level up fast, and not really have skills....p2250

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

keep your realism

i like noob controls

yup... nothing says 'hardcore' like needlessly difficult controls, amirite?! :roll:

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
No...
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninten007

This is going to sound elitest but its true to the core, console gamers just dont have the same "level of skill" you find on the PC so core games like Killzone 2 struggle, and while worded poorly I merely mean tat due to streamlining they dont develope those skills... not that they are inadequate to do so. Played MW2 on the PS3... was struggeling due to many reasons, ridiculous weapons, bad maps, stupid bloody pavelow/heli spam ect with the crap 5 vs 5 AVERAGE server listing and drop outs , host laggers!. I jump into Killzone 2 for the first time.. first place out of 32 players.... 5 games in a row, out of the 9 full games ive played (30 mins each ish.) I wasnt first ONCE, even then I was joint top in second due t althebetical sorting. Nobody had common sense, i seen players that couldnt shoot me directly in front of me, funny thing is the cotrols are nearly identical to MW2's only the ironsight aimings alittle trickier..... but due to the mechanics people just royally suck at the concept of duck n cover and how vital aimin/tapping is... which are standards in PC Multiplayer.Birdy09

But what about me? I was automically better at KZ 2 in 2 days than I ever was at Modern Warfare after playing for months.

The aiming in KZ 2 is not hard at all, it is just different and to me easier than MW 2. But then again I prefer to play FPS games that are heavy on physics, weight and recoil. Heck I am better at aiming in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark 64 than I am at Modern Warfare.

planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 planbfreak4eva

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

ogvampire

keep your realism

i like noob controls

yup... nothing says 'hardcore' like needlessly difficult controls, amirite?! :roll:

realism=harcore, arcady/noob controls=casual...
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ninten007

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

ogvampire

keep your realism

i like noob controls

Controls you have not learned and fiddled with. All you got to do is to to options pick one that fits your needs and practice with it. A good way to practice is just play against Bots on Easy until you can nail down the perfect shot.

Also in KZ 2, never ever spray your gun, fire in well timed bursts.

shikakrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shikakrinks
Member since 2005 • 451 Posts

people these days like to play the easy games. thats why mw2 sold morethan any games.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 p2250

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

keep your realism

i like noob controls

planbfreak4eva

There's no doubt MW2 is casual, Imean when you can easily pick off a running enemy with a LMG from 200 yards away with one press of the button it says something about what type of player the game caters too, somebody that does not like learning curves and want a lot of cheap kills.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun but a lot of noobs think they're good, so deceiving these casual shooters can be...

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

ogvampire

keep your realism

i like noob controls

Needless in what way? If the game is aiming for realism then difficult controls are not needless because, in real life, using a heavy weapon is difficult. If you're aiming at a less realist type of shooter then those controls could be needless but not for KZ2.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts

havent played mw2 but im pretty sure i would like it more than kz2

the controls in kz2 killed it for me....

ogvampire
i feel the exact same way. KZ2s controls (even after the patch) were just slow, and clunky. If that wasnt bad enough, they had the audacity to add sucky sixaxis controls!
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

keep your realism

i like noob controls

planbfreak4eva

ok... if its so 'realistic', why does it take as long to turn with a pistol as it does to turn with a rifle?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50567 Posts

Not exaggerating at all when I say this, KZ2 is far superior to MW2.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

keep your realism

i like noob controls

RedruM_I

Needless in what way? If the game is aiming for realism then difficult controls are not needless because, in real life, using a heavy weapon is difficult. If you're aiming at a less realist type of shooter then those controls could be needless but not for KZ2.

its not realistic... in real life, you turn and aim alot faster with your pistol than with your rifle, this is not true in kz2

plus i laugh when they claim kz2 is going for realism... really? shooting someone in the head 3 times before they die is 'realistic'... oh please

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

keep your realism

i like noob controls

Ninten007

Controls you have not learned and fiddled with. All you got to do is to to options pick one that fits your needs and practice with it. A good way to practice is just play against Bots on Easy until you can nail down the perfect shot.

sluggish controls =/= realism

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
That's why MW sells so well. It is much more noobish.RedruM_I
What makes it more noobish? The fact that the controls aren't as bad as KZ2? IMO KZ2's controls ruined the game. I don't care how great the game looks if the controls are as crappy as they are in KZ2. BTW none of the FPS are "hardcore". Gamers are "hardcore" and games are just that......games.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 p2250

all the guns weigh the same in MW2, it actually feels like a floating gun, I don't like that but whatever makes it easier for the noobs I guess

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 johnnyblazed88

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] controls are heavy in killzone 2 which is far more realistic, guns can weigh heavy amounts, and when u run u actually dont run so fast due to the heavy gun....so realisticly speaking, kz2 owns mw2 almost in every aspect of realism.....killing in kz2 much more satisfaction....so ppl who didnt like the controls in kz2 just didnt get used to them because thats the reality..not running like crazy and turning abnormally fast..so if they made eevry game controls as kz2 in fps, would people still be hating controls? no because ppl will get used, its as much difference as playing a sim game or arcade game, in this sense gt5p or forza 3 r more realistic than nfs......so mw2 is just arcady, and mw2 is noob friendly like TC mentioned, because anyone can level up fast, and not really have skills....p2250

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

keep your realism

i like noob controls

kz2 was actually easier to get used to then mw2 imo

and getting kills isnt hard like you guys seem to think it is

"hardcore" lol nope just clunky and slow

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 p2250

[QUOTE="Ninten007"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

You mean by sluggish guns that actually have weight relative to their size and type, that's what makes it real. Guns that have recoil, something MW2 does not have.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Ninten007"]

p2250

You mean by sluggish guns that actually have weight relative to their size and type, that's what makes it real. Guns that have recoil, something MW2 does not have.

ok... like i have been saying, if they base controls off the weight of the gun, why does it control the same when you hold a pistol compared to when you hold a rifle?

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Birdy09

[QUOTE="Ninten007"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

The controls are not slugish though.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 p2250

Maybe its just me, but shooting people in killzone 2 wasn't as satisfying as it should be. Probably due to the inaccurate shooting mechanics.

Stringerboy

Nothing is as satisfying as missing someone completely but still getting the kill like in MW2, aim assist is the noobs' best friend

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 johnnyblazed88

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

ok... like i have been saying, if they base controls off the weight of the gun, why does it control the same when you hold a pistol compared to when you hold a rifle?

haha! cant wait to hear this

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
ITT, you are really cool if you are hardcore and play 'hardcore games' instead of just enjoying games and having fun with what you like.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

But the pistol is easier to move with, try it out again, it ain't MW2 where the rocket launcher weighs the same as a pistol

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Ninten007"]

Birdy09

it sure seems that way....

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 p2250

[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ogvampire

it sure seems that way....

don't ever join the military bro, if they give you a gun and you complain about it being sluggish they'll send you home and tell you to keep playing your video games, particularly MW2.