Killzone 2.. More hardcore and far superior compared to MW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9129 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

You mean by sluggish guns that actually have weight relative to their size and type, that's what makes it real. Guns that have recoil, something MW2 does not have.

p2250

ok... like i have been saying, if they base controls off the weight of the gun, why does it control the same when you hold a pistol compared to when you hold a rifle?

But the pistol is easier to move with, try it out again, it ain't MW2 where the rocket launcher weighs the same as a pistol

i didnt really notice anything different while moving, but aiming is definately the same

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I prefer the level design in Killzone 2 much more for multiplayer.
tbone802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 tbone802
Member since 2006 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"] controls are heavy in killzone 2 which is far more realistic, guns can weigh heavy amounts, and when u run u actually dont run so fast due to the heavy gun....so realisticly speaking, kz2 owns mw2 almost in every aspect of realism.....killing in kz2 much more satisfaction....so ppl who didnt like the controls in kz2 just didnt get used to them because thats the reality..not running like crazy and turning abnormally fast..so if they made eevry game controls as kz2 in fps, would people still be hating controls? no because ppl will get used, its as much difference as playing a sim game or arcade game, in this sense gt5p or forza 3 r more realistic than nfs......so mw2 is just arcady, and mw2 is noob friendly like TC mentioned, because anyone can level up fast, and not really have skills....p2250

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

keep your realism

i like noob controls

I fixed your post for you bro

Please explain to me what "noob controls" are?
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

I prefer the level design in Killzone 2 much more for multiplayer.sSubZerOo

I like it too, especially since there's not many places to camp in KZ2, but the maps are fun in MW2 as well, just too many camping spots for people that need a little more time to look around and shoot

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ogvampire

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] The controls are not slugish though.p2250

it sure seems that way....

don't ever join the military bro, if they give you a gun and you complain about it being sluggish they'll send you home and tell you to keep playing your video games, particularly MW2.

i laugh at you for thinking that im drawing any type of 'realism' from playing fps games to actually using a real gun

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="Birdy09"] The controls are not slugish though.p2250

don't ever join the military bro, if they give you a gun and you complain about it being sluggish they'll send you home and tell you to keep playing your video games, particularly MW2.

i disagree, im in the military, and KZ2s controls are not realistic, they are sluggish as the other posters are saying. There is even a delay when you press the button to shoot. Not to mention the guy walks and turns like he is in quicksand. Its not like that in the military, if there is that kind of delay in the controls..................you are screwed :P
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="johnnyblazed88"]

keep your realism

i like smooth controls

tbone802

keep your realism

i like noob controls

I fixed your post for you bro

Please explain to me what "noob controls" are?

Light weight or floaty feel to all weapons reagrdless of size, very high aim assist, ultra accurate hit detection... bascially a point and shoot kind of shooter where all you need to do it spot a personwhile not having to take account of distance, how fast somebody's moving, the size of the target etc.

alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts

p2250

Wow, props for absurdism. You are actually drawing a correlation between the real life military and anything presented to you in Killzone 2 or MW2. How detached are you from reality, if you think that his preference of video game controls actually has a reflection on what his success in the military would be...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

the controls could be slightly better, other than that yes. I agree MW2 is the noobiest shooter on the face of the planet, bullet detection is off at times though.

And some of the cla-ss perks are a bit....over done. Other than that the MP was freakin win. I'd say an easy top 5 MP game this gen.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

navyguy21

i disagree, im in the military, and KZ2s controls are not realistic, they are sluggish as the other posters are saying. There is even a delay when you press the button to shoot. Not to mention the guy walks and turns like he is in quicksand. Its not like that in the military, if there is that kind of delay in the controls..................you are screwed :P

I'm in the military too, and they're much more realistic than MW2, unlike what other posters are saying. In the military we all know that guns of different sizes have different weights and feels, do you agree?

I mean you are the military so I'm assuming you've handled weapons and know this?

Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#62 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

more hardcore? :|

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

alextherussian

Wow, props for absurdism. You are actually drawing a correlation between the real life military and anything presented to you in Killzone 2 or MW2. How detached are you from reality, if you think that his preference of video game controls actually has a reflection on what his success in the military would be...

Is it really that absurd to expect that different guns have different weights in a military type shooter? Realism is king this generation, if it wasn't, why would we even need next gen consoles and games?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Wasn't going to respond to this thread, but then I saw PS3 after PS3 fanboy trying to defend KZ2's crappy controls....too damn funny..

I can sit by and watch PS3 fanboys say the graphics are so great, etc, etc. So of course it must be better than GoW2 or MW2...yada..yada...yada.

But seriously...crappy controls now make a game more hardcore to play..seriously?

People get a clue KZ2 is not hard core just because you aim dead at someones head and squeeze off a shot and nothing happens...that's just stupid.

I know PS3 fanboys don't like to quote sales numbers unless it benefits them, but there is a reason games like MW2 sell so well...it's because they are made well and fun to play.

Call it a noob friendly game or whatever but it just sounds like jealousy to me. Some multi-platform game is better than an exclusive on your Deity.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 navyguy21

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="p2250"]

p2250

I'm in the military too, and they're much more realistic than MW2, unlike what other posters are saying. In the military we all know that guns of different sizes have different weights and feels, do you agree?

I mean you are the military so I'm assuming you've handled weapons and know this?

i agree, but you are assuming that the game compensates for the weight of different weapons, and it doesnt. The game gives the same weight to the pistol as it does the main rifle. Thats not realistic, nor is it weight. It may be advertised as such, but if it were truly emulating weight, then would you said would apply to the game, and every weapon have a different effect on the character. He would run faster, and be more balanced with a pistol, and be slower and more accurate with a rifle. In the game, its all sluggish, the "weight" has no effect on recoil, or accuracy as it would in real life. So, in that aspect, the game is far from realistic. MW2 is not realistic either, but i think you are mistaking sluggish controls with weight. If that were true, then each weapon would effect the game somehow.
Avatar image for i_am_interested
i_am_interested

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 i_am_interested
Member since 2009 • 1077 Posts

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

ok... like i have been saying, if they base controls off the weight of the gun, why does it control the same when you hold a pistol compared to when you hold a rifle?

ogvampire

But the pistol is easier to move with, try it out again, it ain't MW2 where the rocket launcher weighs the same as a pistol

i didnt really notice anything different while moving, but aiming is definately the same

i dont reallly know how its been since guerilla started making adjustments to the controls, havent played it since then, but originally the pistol aimed way faster than the standard assault rifle and you could run/sprint faster with the pistol too

dont know about currently though

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 p2250

Wasn't going to respond to this thread, but then I saw PS3 after PS3 fanboy trying to defend KZ2's crappy controls....too damn funny..

I can sit by and watch PS3 fanboys say the graphics are so great, etc, etc. So of course it must be better than GoW2 or MW2...yada..yada...yada.

But seriously...crappy controls now make a game more hardcore to play..seriously?

People get a clue KZ2 is not hard core just because you aim dead at someones head and squeeze off a shot and nothing happens...that's just stupid.

I know PS3 fanboys don't like to quote sales numbers unless it benefits them, but there is a reason games like MW2 sell so well...it's because they are made well and fun to play.

Call it a noob friendly game or whatever but it just sounds like jealousy to me. Some multi-platform game is better than an exclusive on your Deity.

coasterguy65

I love the sales argument, the Wii is better than both the 360 and PS3 because it better made and more fun to play, hence more sales.

You agree?

ROFL

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

havent played mw2 but im pretty sure i would like it more than kz2

the controls in kz2 killed it for me....

i feel the exact same way. KZ2s controls (even after the patch) were just slow, and clunky. If that wasnt bad enough, they had the audacity to add sucky sixaxis controls!

me too. guess that makes me a noob.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] i disagree, im in the military, and KZ2s controls are not realistic, they are sluggish as the other posters are saying. There is even a delay when you press the button to shoot. Not to mention the guy walks and turns like he is in quicksand. Its not like that in the military, if there is that kind of delay in the controls..................you are screwed :Pnavyguy21

i agree, but you are assuming that the game compensates for the weight of different weapons, and it doesnt. The game gives the same weight to the pistol as it does the main rifle. Thats not realistic, nor is it weight. It may be advertised as such, but if it were truly emulating weight, then would you said would apply to the game, and every weapon have a different effect on the character. He would run faster, and be more balanced with a pistol, and be slower and more accurate with a rifle. In the game, its all sluggish, the "weight" has no effect on recoil, or accuracy as it would in real life. So, in that aspect, the game is far from realistic. MW2 is not realistic either, but i think you are mistaking sluggish controls with weight. If that were true, then each weapon would effect the game somehow.

Trust me, the pistol does not weigh the same as a rifle, I've played the game for countless hours and have played numerous pistol matches, and it's much easier to move with the pistol than an LMG for instance or the M82 even. Even the weight difference between the two pistols in the game are different.

There is absolutley no difference in gun weight in MW2 simply because it's a casual shooter.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 clone01

plus i laugh when they claim kz2 is going for realism... really? shooting someone in the head 3 times before they die is 'realistic'... oh please

ogvampire

not to mention the game is set on the planet of helghan, fighting the evil Vasari. oh, and btw, helghans are humans that adapted to the harsh world of helghan. yep, very realistic. and honestly, neither game is realistic. go play operation flashpoint if you're looking for realism.

Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts
If you can't accept CoD is to FPS what mariokart is to racers you are in denial. And Killzone 2's controls are realistic to a point, certainly more than most FPS. If you didn't give them a chance or they 'beat you' that is your problem (you suck, or you want to play more casual shooters like MW2) - most people found them to be fine and that they improved immersion.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="alextherussian"]

[QUOTE="p2250"]

Is it really that absurd to expect that different guns have different weights in a military type shooter? Realism is king this generation, if it wasn't, why would we even need next gen consoles and games?

Halo 3 isn't realistic in the slightest, yet its one of the most popular multiplayer FPS's out there. how is realism king?
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

all the guns weigh the same in MW2, it actually feels like a floating gun, I don't like that but whatever makes it easier for the noobs I guess

p2250

KZ2 was a much easier game to play.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="alextherussian"] Wow, props for absurdism. You are actually drawing a correlation between the real life military and anything presented to you in Killzone 2 or MW2. How detached are you from reality, if you think that his preference of video game controls actually has a reflection on what his success in the military would be...

clone01

Halo 3 isn't realistic in the slightest, yet its one of the most popular multiplayer FPS's out there. how is realism king?

you dropped the H bomb, Halo is the Wii of shooters. No wonder it's popular, just like the Wii! LOL

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 navyguy21

p2250

Trust me, the pistol does not weigh the same as a rifle, I've played the game for countless hours and have played numerous pistol matches, and it's much easier to move with the pistol than an LMG for instance or the M82 even. Even the weight difference between the two pistols in the game are different.

There is absolutley no difference in gun weight in MW2 simply because it's a casual shooter.

ok dude, it seems as if you see what you want to see. But from my experience, all the weapons have the same sluggish controls, just as in every other shooter all the weapons feel the same. KZ2 does not feel different with different weapons. The same artificial weight is applied to the CHARACTER, not the weapons
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]i agree, but you are assuming that the game compensates for the weight of different weapons, and it doesnt. The game gives the same weight to the pistol as it does the main rifle. Thats not realistic, nor is it weight. It may be advertised as such, but if it were truly emulating weight, then would you said would apply to the game, and every weapon have a different effect on the character. He would run faster, and be more balanced with a pistol, and be slower and more accurate with a rifle. In the game, its all sluggish, the "weight" has no effect on recoil, or accuracy as it would in real life. So, in that aspect, the game is far from realistic. MW2 is not realistic either, but i think you are mistaking sluggish controls with weight. If that were true, then each weapon would effect the game somehow.navyguy21

ok dude, it seems as if you see what you want to see. But from my experience, all the weapons have the same sluggish controls, just as in every other shooter all the weapons feel the same. KZ2 does not feel different with different weapons. The same artificial weight is applied to the CHARACTER, not the weapons

How many hours have you spent playing KZ2 online?

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
I dont get why people complain about the controls. I pick the COD button layout and it works perfectly fine. It feels perfect for the game.
Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
If you wanty a super HXC shooter play css ;)
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clone01

you dropped the H bomb, Halo is the Wii of shooters. No wonder it's popular, just like the Wii! LOL

p2250

so, in other words, your opinion makes it a fact? and the critical accolades and enormous online community, leaderboards, tournaments, and appeal of the series make it for noobs?

i also find it amusing that you've gone on and on about games being noob-friendly, and requiring no skill, yet your avatar is for resident evil 4, the game that completely put the series into the casual mainstream.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 navyguy21

p2250

lol, firstly, why does it have to be restricted to online hours?? the controls are the same in singleplayer are they not?? Anyway, i would say i put maybe 50 hour into multi, and around 20 into single player getting all the trophies, i just couldnt tolerate it long enough to get all the multi trophies because the online was boring to me. Nonetheless, ive spent enought time with it pre-patch, and post-patch to know that its not realism, nor is the weight applied to different weapons. You are confusing sluggish movement for weight. Some devs do that to keep the framerate and screen tearing in check. Im not saying that GG did it, but it sure seems that way since the game has frequent stutters, and mid-level loading. So my guess would be it was to compensate for all the post processing effects...........though im spitballing here :P
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"]ok dude, it seems as if you see what you want to see. But from my experience, all the weapons have the same sluggish controls, just as in every other shooter all the weapons feel the same. KZ2 does not feel different with different weapons. The same artificial weight is applied to the CHARACTER, not the weaponsnavyguy21

lol, firstly, why does it have to be restricted to online hours?? the controls are the same in singleplayer are they not?? Anyway, i would say i put maybe 50 hour into multi, and around 20 into single player getting all the trophies, i just couldnt tolerate it long enough to get all the multi trophies because the online was boring to me. Nonetheless, ive spent enought time with it pre-patch, and post-patch to know that its not realism, nor is the weight applied to different weapons. You are confusing sluggish movement for weight. Some devs do that to keep the framerate and screen tearing in check. Im not saying that GG did it, but it sure seems that way since the game has frequent stutters, and mid-level loading. So my guess would be it was to compensate for all the post processing effects...........though im spitballing here :P

Because the online feel of the game is waaaay better than the single player.

And I searched for your PSN id on Killzone.com and it says 'player can not be found', suggesting you have not played online, lol.

Dude listen I don't care, I'm just having some fun while I wait to get off work.

x_xion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 x_xion_
Member since 2009 • 602 Posts

lol there both good people got to stop this

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

Yep.

MW2 is too samey for me to get really into it. I don't think it's as balanced as COD4 was either, which is saying something. The new additions seem thrown in for the "cool" factor and not because they work well with the gameplay.

KZ2 is still a much better game online, imo. It doesn't reward the clown with the overpowered dual shotties, you can't win a game by camping in a hallway and waiting for people to walk by.

Overall I just haven't had the drive to play MW2 much at all, it hasn't grabbed me like KZ2 or like COD4 did. I know a lot of people that feel the same way. MW2 isn't a bad game, it's just kind of disappointing how little about it is different from the predecessor.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#86 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I have no doubt Killzone 2 is more hardcore than Modern Warfare 2 but superior, I don't know. Haven't played Killzone 2. Of course when I was going to buy it all I kept reading about was how no one was playing online anymore which I know was an exaggeration but still, a game with that much hype to have the online community get smaller in a few months of release struck me as being odd and maybe the game isn't that good.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#87 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

I couldn't agree more. KZ2 has been such a pleasant surprise for me this year. I bought it on launch day on a whim, and it turned out to be my favorite Multi-player game of the year, which was supposed to be MW2, or so I thought. The only thing that could make MW2 better than KZ2 for me is adding the COD4 maps to it. I hate the maps in MW2.

Jamex1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Jamex1987
Member since 2008 • 2187 Posts

all the guns weigh the same in MW2, it actually feels like a floating gun, I don't like that but whatever makes it easier for the noobs I guess

p2250
lol at everyone calling others noobs. It is just a video game my friend.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 navyguy21

p2250

And I searched for your PSN id on Killzone.com and it says 'player can not be found', suggesting you have not played online, lol.

Dude listen I don't care, I'm just having some fun while I wait to get off work.

read my blog dude, my previous PSN id was Stringz4life, but that was was banned :P
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts

I have no doubt Killzone 2 is more hardcore than Modern Warfare 2 but superior, I don't know. Haven't played Killzone 2. Of course when I was going to buy it all I kept reading about was how no one was playing online anymore which I know was an exaggeration but still, a game with that much hype to have the online community get smaller in a few months of release struck me as being odd and maybe the game isn't that good.

rp108

it depends (for me) at what time of day it is, plus i dont just play on USA servers i have my serch filtered for global and even most of the EU servers are pretty stable with when i have a decent connection,

also speaking of MW2 and KZ2, it kind of struck me odd that soap looks ALOT like sev, both have simular statures, haircuts and faces

maybe its just me

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="p2250"]

p2250

1- Opinion=/=fact

2- Realism isn't king. Unreal 2k4, CounterStrike, Team Fortress 2 are hardly on the same plane of realism compared to a Red Orchastra, and yet few would argue those were highly competitive games for the hardcore.

3- Halo 3 is a damn good shooter, and one of most competitive shooters on consoles. If not the most competitive shooter on consoles. Balanced pretty damn well, outside the aim assist for snipers I'd say the game has a lot more going for it than MW2. I'd argue its got just as much if not more going for it than Killzone 2. Latency is the biggest issue i have with Halo 3 if anything.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] lol, firstly, why does it have to be restricted to online hours?? the controls are the same in singleplayer are they not?? Anyway, i would say i put maybe 50 hour into multi, and around 20 into single player getting all the trophies, i just couldnt tolerate it long enough to get all the multi trophies because the online was boring to me. Nonetheless, ive spent enought time with it pre-patch, and post-patch to know that its not realism, nor is the weight applied to different weapons. You are confusing sluggish movement for weight. Some devs do that to keep the framerate and screen tearing in check. Im not saying that GG did it, but it sure seems that way since the game has frequent stutters, and mid-level loading. So my guess would be it was to compensate for all the post processing effects...........though im spitballing here :Pnavyguy21

read my blog dude, my previous PSN id was Stringz4life, but that was was banned :P

cool i don't doubt you played it at some point but for the record I can't find Stringz4life on the KZ2 leaderboards either, weird, maybe when they banned you it was erased, who knows.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ogvampire

I dont get why people complain about the controls. I pick the COD button layout and it works perfectly fine. It feels perfect for the game.punkrocker163

not the button layout... the sluggish controls

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#94 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
KZ2 was overrated, imo. It had good graphics, but a terrible cover mechanic, laggy controls, and the campaign and story were incredibly generic. I do enjoy the multiplayer in KZ more than MW1 or 2, though... I like the constantly changing objectives. But from a gameplay perspective, MW has KZ beat, offline and on, imo. (Neither MW2 or KZ2 had decent stories for singleplayer, though... imo.) I like the n00b friendly stuff in MW2, but since I generally despise the MW community, I never play it. Still, like many PS3 games, KZ2 has a silent community since practically nobody uses headsets on PSN. So I cast my vote for C), none of the above. This is all just opinion, though... glad you like KZ2 so much. It's technologically quite impressive, but personally I like L4D or Team Fortress 2 better than either of these games when it comes to online play. Valve: the sure know online team based shooters!
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#95 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

TC, I couldnt agree more. Killzone 2 is a fantastic game that mixes awesome graphics with a touch of realism and a good feel IMO. This game is definitely a game that deserved more attention that MW2 which has a horrible online IMO. Modern warfare 2 was simply a shooter made for the casuals.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

i prefer MW2 over killzone 2...shooting the gunz feels much better in MW2 and the kills are more satisfying to me

sikanderahmed

Err...

Is my sarcasm detector the only one beeping?

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
I agree, Kz2 is a better game than MW2 (Ps3) and most likely MW2 (360).
mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#98 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

I loves me some Killzone 2. Haven't gotten MW2 yet and won't for a good long while since I'm busy at uni. Next game I buy for a console is Uncharted 2 followed probably by GOW3, then GT5.

About two weeks back though, I saw this awesome deal for MW2 at a game store. They offered it for £4.99 if you trade in COD4. I would have gone for that in a heartbeat but my PS3 and games are in Manchester while I'm in Exeter. Deals over now. Crap.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#99 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

rp108
I think the online community dropped off sharply because the game isn't as noob-friendly as MW2. A lot of people couldn't understand how a shooter could look and play differently than COD or Halo, and stopped playing it. There is still a lot of people playing it though, it's not like it's hard to find a match or anything. I recommend picking it up, it's great.
Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

I agree, although KZ2 is still imbalanced due to the leveling system but nevertheless it is still far more balanced than MW2. KZ2 also manages to handle the respawning aspect of the game correctly while MW2 screwed it up.

As for it being more hardcore, the learning curve of KZ2 in comparison to MW2 isn't all that different so I would say they are about the same on that level.