Killzone 2.. More hardcore and far superior compared to MW2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

I dont get where people are saying the multiplayer is dead for Killzone 2.. its very much alive with a lot of people constantly playing no matter what time of the day it is i see tons of games avaliable and a lot of them hard to get into because they are already full.. set the servers to worldwide and you will notice ton of people playing, i play it everyday.

Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts

Mycow-annoyance meter is going up again.

First reason: their psuedo-hardcore posturing about a pretty derivative FPS (though a great one)is just hilarious. You think the game was avant-garde or something. :roll: I say to these folks: You're playing a standard FPS on the 3rd installement of a console aimed at the general casualpublic. You're not hardcore. The pretentiousness coming from cows about being hardcore is getting pretty tiresome.

Second reason: their assertions that Killzone 2 is any way realistic is just mindbogglingly delusional. It's a video game and it controls like a video game. The comparisons to military weapon usage are downright absurd.

Third reason: their dismissal of other highly-accomplished shooters. Killzone 2 better be the best FPS of all time if you're going to do that and it's just not. Killzone 2 is good, Halo is good, and Modern Warfare is good. What are you guys trying to accomplish by tearing those games down with dumb psuedo-hardcore terminology? Are you guys insecure about Killzone or something? If you guys are, you don't need to be.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="p2250"]

don't ever join the military bro, if they give you a gun and you complain about it being sluggish they'll send you home and tell you to keep playing your video games, particularly MW2.

p2250

i disagree, im in the military, and KZ2s controls are not realistic, they are sluggish as the other posters are saying. There is even a delay when you press the button to shoot. Not to mention the guy walks and turns like he is in quicksand. Its not like that in the military, if there is that kind of delay in the controls..................you are screwed :P

I'm in the military too, and they're much more realistic than MW2, unlike what other posters are saying. In the military we all know that guns of different sizes have different weights and feels, do you agree?

I mean you are the military so I'm assuming you've handled weapons and know this?

I highly doubt you're in the military. I think you're just saying that to help your argument. The fact that you can even entertain the notionthat Killzone 2's controls are even somewhat like real military weapon usage makes me skeptical of your claim.

These are video games and the controls reflect that. I can't think of a single FPS in which the controls authentic or realistic.

Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts

MW2 is a lot better than KZ2............KZ2 is a overrated and it is a boring FPS game.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

I love the killzone series, but i will be the first to tell you killzone 2's multiplayer is flawed. It has great shooting mechanics, the class system is good enough, and the graphics are outstanding, but GG's made some stupid mistakes in terms of multiplayer features. First off they gave the users to much control over the online. Ik that sounds stupid, but since all servers are user made almost 90% of the servers are only a select map or 2, will have 60+ min games, or lacking good game modes. So you have to work in order to find a decent server. Not only that, but its a nade fest. I think it would have been better to have made the game a smaller player count, or limit grenade use. I used to say COD 4 was a nade fest, but KZ2 takes the cake. In the next game they need to host about 20-30 of their own servers that have set map rotations and understandable game times, i dont want to play a single game that lasts an hour or more.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Tragic_Kingdom7

Also, the claims that Killzone 2 is challenging are kind of strange to me. The game is really fairly easy.FPS games that have health that refills in a few seconds are not hard IMO. All you have to do is manage toget out of the way for a few seconds to let itrefill.Although weaker in many ways, Resistance: Fall of Man is a more challenging FPS than Killzone 2 because of way the health is set up, the limited amounts of ammoand the fact that you have to pump alot more lead into the Chimera than the Helghast.

And about the claims that Killzone 2 "feels different". Yeah, sure it does, but all FPS have their different styles of movement and shooting. You guys act like all the other FPS's are all under one umbrella while Killzone 2 has a feel of all of its own. Absurd. The truth is that most FPSs feel different than eachother. The level design and story arcs and characters of FPS games are all pretty typical but most major FPS gameshave their own feel. Halo sure does (which is why so many people love it)just as Killzone does.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I love the killzone series, but i will be the first to tell you killzone 2's multiplayer is flawed. It has great shooting mechanics, the class system is good enough, and the graphics are outstanding, but GG's made some stupid mistakes in terms of multiplayer features. First off they gave the users to much control over the online. Ik that sounds stupid, but since all servers are user made almost 90% of the servers are only a select map or 2, will have 60+ min games, or lacking good game modes. So you have to work in order to find a decent server. Not only that, but its a nade fest. I think it would have been better to have made the game a smaller player count, or limit grenade use. I used to say COD 4 was a nade fest, but KZ2 takes the cake. In the next game they need to host about 20-30 of their own servers that have set map rotations and understandable game times, i dont want to play a single game that lasts an hour or more.

Sully28
I think thats a stp up from the hot advantage, peer lag, ridiculously low number of players on 1 map, not to mention a good 50%+ of the MW2 maps are utter garage, and the ridiculously unfair nature of the perks.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

It's hardcore appeal is why the online was not as successful as everyone had hoped. Casual Duty is constantly giving players little rewards and has things popping up all over the screen to make themselves feel like they're doing really well.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Tragic_Kingdom7

It's hardcore appeal is why the online was not as successful as everyone had hoped. Casual Duty is constantly giving players little rewards and has things popping up all over the screen to make themselves feel like they're doing really well.

BPoole96

This is the psuedo-hardcore posturing that I'm talking about.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BPoole96

Also, the claims that Killzone 2 is challenging are kind of strange to me. The game is really fairly easy.FPS games that have health that refills in a few seconds are hot hard IMO. Although weaker in many ways, Resistance: Fall of Man is a more challenging FPS than Killzone 2 because of way the health is set up and the fact that you have to pump alot more lead into the Chimera than the Helghast.

And about the claims that Killzone 2 "feels different". Yeah, sure it does, but all FPS have their different styles of movement and shooting. You guys act like all the other FPS's are all under one umbrella while Killzone 2 has a feel of all of its own. Absurd. The truth is that most FPSs feel different than eachother. The level designand story arcs and charactersare all pretty typical but most majorFPS gameshave their own feel.

Tragic_Kingdom7

I did like how the health regen worked in Kz2's online though. How it would refill like 75% the first time, than 60%, etc. The only real way to get 10% health again was to either carry health packs or find a medic on your team. I'll take that over CoD's 5 second full health regen anyday

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 siddhu33
Member since 2008 • 3264 Posts

BPoole96

For Example, they increased the xp from 10 to 100, so that CoD 4 veterans feel like they are getting loads of xp, when they actually are getting relatively nothing.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Tragic_Kingdom7

It's true though. Anybody can pick up and play CoD and do decent at it. There's little to no strategy required at all.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="rp108"]

I have no doubt Killzone 2 is more hardcore than Modern Warfare 2 but superior, I don't know. Haven't played Killzone 2. Of course when I was going to buy it all I kept reading about was how no one was playing online anymore which I know was an exaggeration but still, a game with that much hype to have the online community get smaller in a few months of release struck me as being odd and maybe the game isn't that good.

Hahadouken

I think the online community dropped off sharply because the game isn't as noob-friendly as MW2. A lot of people couldn't understand how a shooter could look and play differently than COD or Halo, and stopped playing it. There is still a lot of people playing it though, it's not like it's hard to find a match or anything. I recommend picking it up, it's great.

And yet more psuedo-hardcore posturing. Lovely.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

siddhu33

For Example, they increased the xp from 10 to 100, so that CoD 4 veterans feel like they are getting loads of xp, when they actually are getting relatively nothing.

Exactly. Plus killstreak rewards for like everything you do. All the words over the top saying "Headshot kill" "One hit kill" etc. Even how the perks have the word "pro" after them doesn't make sense to me. What's the difference between stopping power from CoD4 and Stopping power "pro"?

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 siddhu33

I dont get where people are saying the multiplayer is dead for Killzone 2.. its very much alive with a lot of people constantly playing no matter what time of the day it is i see tons of games avaliable and a lot of them hard to get into because they are already full.. set the servers to worldwide and you will notice ton of people playing, i play it everyday.

Kennysolidsnake

People say things to back up their argument. Most games are alive, but the official numbers for KZ2, are quite pitiful compared to other games. People see "200 players", in only one country, and think that it is extremely low, when the overall total is actually pretty good. Also, they bring up numbers of games such as CoD* (1,000,000 games per day), and Halo* (2,000,000 games per day), when it is really not needed. CoD is filled with noobs, and if your skill is lower than 40, Halo is filled with noobs too.

*Game numbers are approximations, just like VGChartz sales numbers. Don't flame me.

rook2rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 rook2rook
Member since 2009 • 294 Posts
lol mw2 all the way!
siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 siddhu33

[QUOTE="siddhu33"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Exactly. Plus killstreak rewards for like everything you do. All the words over the top saying "Headshot kill" "One hit kill" etc. Even how the perks have the word "pro" after them doesn't make sense to me. What's the difference between stopping power from CoD4 and Stopping power "pro"?

Apparently Stopping Power Pro increases damage dealt towards vehicles. I don't really see the big deal anyway. The minute you shoot down a helicopter, you will probably get shot across the map by someone with steady aim and akimbo shotguns.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Tragic_Kingdom7

[QUOTE="Tragic_Kingdom7"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

It's true though. Anybody can pick up and play CoD and do decent at it. There's little to no strategy required at all.

Actually, the people that use strategy tend to do somewhat better. It's true that anybody can be decent at the game, but that's a good thing. The reason why players are constantly getting rewarded is so that people that are not all that good can level up and get new weapons. It's not to make people "feel like they're doing better." That's a rather shallow way of looking at it.

All in all, I like the game's inclusiveness.

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 siddhu33

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="rp108"]

I have no doubt Killzone 2 is more hardcore than Modern Warfare 2 but superior, I don't know. Haven't played Killzone 2. Of course when I was going to buy it all I kept reading about was how no one was playing online anymore which I know was an exaggeration but still, a game with that much hype to have the online community get smaller in a few months of release struck me as being odd and maybe the game isn't that good.

Tragic_Kingdom7

I think the online community dropped off sharply because the game isn't as noob-friendly as MW2. A lot of people couldn't understand how a shooter could look and play differently than COD or Halo, and stopped playing it. There is still a lot of people playing it though, it's not like it's hard to find a match or anything. I recommend picking it up, it's great.

And yet more psuedo-hardcore posturing. Lovely.

I hate the word hardcore. You can be a hardcore minesweeper player, and still get called a noob, even though Minesweeper is probably the hardest game ever made.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

if they play against other casual players, then of course, this is true for any game

but they arent gonna start killing skilled players....

siddhu33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 siddhu33

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

ogvampire

if they play against other casual players, then of course, this is true for any game

I think he is trying to say, that in a control situation, like a standard TDM, any new player can pick up and play CoD, and do the same things over and over again, and still do decent.What he means by decent, however, is another question.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Tragic_Kingdom7

Actually, the people that use strategy tend to do somewhatbetter. It's true that anybody can be decent at the game, but that's a good thing. The reason why players are constantly getting rewarded is so that people that are not all that good can level up and get new weapons. I like the game's inclusiveness.

And the people who use strategy are the one's who are most likely pretty good at games. Don't get me wrong it is a good game with lots of good concepts but the game is made to be accessible to everyone. Easy aiming, smooth movement, a variety of perks, killstreaks, deathstreaks, etc. The gameplay is designed so that the player is consistantly being rewarded, even for small things. That makes the players feel like they are doing better, so they are having more fun, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Killzone 2 just doesn't have that appeal since you have to be pretty good at the game in order to do well

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BPoole96

[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

siddhu33

I think he is trying to say, that in a control situation, like a standard TDM, any new player can pick up and play CoD, and do the same things over and over again, and still do decent.What he means by decent, however, is another question.

Decent as is -5 to +5 kills over or under your deaths, for TDM at least

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ogvampire

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Actually, the people that use strategy tend to do somewhatbetter. It's true that anybody can be decent at the game, but that's a good thing. The reason why players are constantly getting rewarded is so that people that are not all that good can level up and get new weapons. I like the game's inclusiveness.

And the people who use strategy are the one's who are most likely pretty good at games. Don't get me wrong it is a good game with lots of good concepts but the game is made to be accessible to everyone. Easy aiming, smooth movement, a variety of perks, killstreaks, deathstreaks, etc. The gameplay is designed so that the player is consistantly being rewarded, even for small things. That makes the players feel like they are doing better, so they are having more fun, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Killzone 2 just doesn't have that appeal since you have to be pretty good at the game in order to do well

thats true for just about every game

when playing against other players, i cant name 1 game where people that arent good at it do well... (except for button-mashing action games)

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

so I have been playing MW2 pretty much non stop over the last couple weeks and while i do think its fun its not anywhere near the quality game Killzone 2 is. Aside from the obvious reason which is Graphics in KZ2 trump MW2, the gameplay and gunplay is just much much better in Killzone 2.. When you get a kill in Killzone 2 you feel like you EARNED that kill and it just makes you feel better whereas in MW2 kills are a dime a dozen..

I also like how it takes more time to level up in KZ2 and you level up according to your skill and not just by simply playing matches over and over again.. In MW2 any noob can just play matches over and over again and level up due to "Match bonus" that MW2 just so freely give out.

the weapons in KZ2 just feel a lot more satisfying to shoot and have so much more recoil to them.. I love how one match has 5 game modes and switches on the spot in KZ2 making it a lot more intersting.

MW2 just feels so unbalanced at times, one minute i can kill someone in a split second shooting at their legs, the next minute i empty a whole clip in their face and they dont even die.

I honestly think Killzone 2 is just ahead of its time in terms of console shooters when it comes to graphics, more realistic gameplay and the type of MP it is.. there is still a lot of people that play KZ2 online.

Kennysolidsnake

i thought you're post was accurate until this post. I tried playing a few weeks back and i literally could not even join a 32 man game because there was only one running and it was full. like wtf, why dont people play this game???

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#126 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I have not played MW2 yet, so I cant say much about it.I used to play CoD4 before Killzone2 came out, for some reason I never liked CoD4, but I kinda like Killzone2 more..... I dont know why but I liked Killzone2 control more as well, but it's just me.
Impress3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Impress3
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninten007"]

I agree but from different points of views.

I get kills easier in KZ 2 than I do in MW 2. I prefer to aim at a distance with the standard rifle and pop off enemies with the green dot. I can barely get 20 kills in MW 2. While I get about 45 to 60 in KZ 2.

I feel that MW 2 moves way too fast for my liking. KZ 2 moves slower and it gives me time to analyze the battlefield. KZ 2 is just more of a thinking man's FPS and you have to be more methodical. In MW 2 it is just running and gunning using alot of the auto aim at blazingly fast speeds(unless you come across campers).

But the way KZ 2 switches from BodyCount to Capture and Hold, Protect/Kill a Target and other missions is just well done.

very well said, and very true KZ2 requires you to THINK before you shoot, most people don't like that they just want to run and gun. I'm a more strategic type of fellow so KZ2 suits my taste. I really think KZ2 is before its time, its so realistic with the recoil and aiming, Dudes don't just hit you with head shots by running around all crazy on KZ2, you have to be patient and line up your shot just like a marine would do in real life.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
Both games are pretty mediocre imo. So fair is fair. :P
ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

so I have been playing MW2 pretty much non stop over the last couple weeks and while i do think its fun its not anywhere near the quality game Killzone 2 is. Aside from the obvious reason which is Graphics in KZ2 trump MW2, the gameplay and gunplay is just much much better in Killzone 2.. When you get a kill in Killzone 2 you feel like you EARNED that kill and it just makes you feel better whereas in MW2 kills are a dime a dozen..

I also like how it takes more time to level up in KZ2 and you level up according to your skill and not just by simply playing matches over and over again.. In MW2 any noob can just play matches over and over again and level up due to "Match bonus" that MW2 just so freely give out.

the weapons in KZ2 just feel a lot more satisfying to shoot and have so much more recoil to them.. I love how one match has 5 game modes and switches on the spot in KZ2 making it a lot more intersting.

MW2 just feels so unbalanced at times, one minute i can kill someone in a split second shooting at their legs, the next minute i empty a whole clip in their face and they dont even die.

I honestly think Killzone 2 is just ahead of its time in terms of console shooters when it comes to graphics, more realistic gameplay and the type of MP it is.. there is still a lot of people that play KZ2 online.

Kennysolidsnake
mw2 online is for noobs, that why it is so popular like halo or gears of war. Killzone on the other hand is for real gamers with real skills, i'm expecting the same for Bad Company 2.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

That's why MW sells so well. It is much more noobish.RedruM_I
Exactly. And I completely agree with the TC. I also love how Killzone 2 cycles through objectives in-game. The only thing missing from Killzone 2 is local split-screen multiplayer..

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I just got back into KZ2, and I think my time away from it helped me appreciate it more. It really is a good game.....NOT PERFECT, but solidly good. I do think in terms of multiplayer, it is the more enjoyable game compared to MW2, which is just ridiculously arcade like. ...now Bad Company and its upcoming sequel.....thats a different story!
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
I play MW2 for fun not realism.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#134 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

I would have to humbly agree, here is one logical point you have made without the fanboyism Congrats. KZ 2 is a much more solid MP experience over-all. MW 2 can be an utter joke, but is probably the most popular fps out there right now.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
I play MW2 for fun not realism.Next-Gen-Tec
same..
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#136 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="ratchet_usa"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

mw2 online is for noobs, that why it is so popular like halo or gears of war. Killzone on the other hand is for real gamers with real skills, i'm expecting the same for Bad Company 2.

Gears (2 especially) is probably the most team-work based game on consoles, it is in no way comparable to MW 2. along with Socom Conf.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I agree with the initial poster. KZ2 has more fell to it, especially when you kill someone...man gotta play it again.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
I find MW2 more fun than Killzone 2 honestly, I think the vast amount of guns to use and attachments and kill-streaks make it a more enjoyable experience.
alextherussian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 alextherussian
Member since 2009 • 2642 Posts
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="Kennysolidsnake"]

I would have to humbly agree, here is one logical point you have made without the fanboyism Congrats. KZ 2 is a much more solid MP experience over-all. MW 2 can be an utter joke, but is probably the most popular fps out there right now.

This is true only to a certain extent. It is much easier to get kills, but good players will always rise to the top. You may have cheap deaths and the like, but on an average, if you play well, you will score well. Campers can prosper in the game, but the game provides you with so many tools to deal with them, that I dont really see how they would stay alive past one or two kills. If anything this COD has considerably less campers then 4 or 5.
Cow_tipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Cow_tipping
Member since 2009 • 602 Posts

kz 2 may not have split screen but even with its great graphics it offers up to 32 player online matches i thought mw2 with its graphics would easily match 32 player matches but it only offers up to 18 wow huge improvement over mw1

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Killzone 2 did strike me as the more serious shooting experience. More attention is actually paid to the game mechanics than in MW2. It's ironic because the word I think that would best describe MW2 is killzone. It's just a big killzone. They throw you in a big pile with deadly weapons and short respawn timers with random spawn points and you kill and get killed. Granted, MW2 has like 4-5 times as many weapons. KZ2 also forces you to run around chasing your tail through the leveling system before you unlock BASIC crap like submachine guns and shotguns, I mean, what's so frickin' terrible about people getting to choose their class and weapon at the beginning? But regardless Killzone 2 instawins just because of the fact that it doesn't have killstreaks (who's idea was that? I want to strangle them) or perks. The consistent spawn points and objective-based gameplay also help, although granted MW2 does have this in search & destroy. Seriously, MW2 would be just fine if they made the game modes to where they weren't unlockable (again, I want to strangle the person), and made Hardcore mode have consistent spawn zones separated so they aren't in danger of nadespam, NO killstreaks, and no perks. I don't understand why everyone in the galaxy seems to want to work through levels in their games, then have the gall to come on forums and tell me how much "fun" they had doing it. It's not fun, it is antithetical to fun, it's work and it's ridiculous. MW2 is not fun, they squeeze your experience so fun it's more an exercise in frustration and jumping through magic hoops.
Avatar image for deactivated-641bd8d21037b
deactivated-641bd8d21037b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 deactivated-641bd8d21037b
Member since 2009 • 514 Posts
Call of duty is basically pick up and play, Killzone actually take something called SKILL
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]I play MW2 for fun not realism.alextherussian
same..

Killzone 2 isn't about realism. It has an artistic style to it. The weapons in Killzone 2 feel powerful and are more enjoyable to use. You get more satisfaction when you get a kill (I love the chirp sound it makes when you get a kill and the double chirp when you get a headshot). In CoD, all of the weapons feel exactly the same: lightweight and cheap.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]I play MW2 for fun not realism.alextherussian
same..

for that matter, i play all games for fun, not realism.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ogvampire

[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]I play MW2 for fun not realism.Rikusaki
same..

Killzone 2 isn't about realism. It has an artistic style to it. The weapons in Killzone 2 feel powerful and are more enjoyable to use. You get more satisfaction when making a kill (I love the chirp sound it makes when you get a kill and the double chirp when you get a headshot). In CoD, all of the weapons feel exactly the same: lightweight and cheap.

you are pretty much saying the opposite of what most people claimed here...

havent you noticed all the posts about KZ2 going for realism, main reason for its um... hardcoreness? its not a word but i just made it up :P

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 clone01
[QUOTE="alextherussian"][QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]I play MW2 for fun not realism.Rikusaki
same..

Killzone 2 isn't about realism. It has an artistic style to it. The weapons in Killzone 2 feel powerful and are more enjoyable to use. You get more satisfaction when making a kill (I love the chirp sound it makes when you get a kill and the double chirp when you get a headshot). In CoD, all of the weapons feel exactly the same: lightweight and cheap.

those posts are actually a response from previous posters stating how "realistic" of an experience KZ2 is. quite silly, if you ask me, considering KZ2 has regenerating health. pretty sure most of the world's soldiers don't have that option.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 clone01

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="alextherussian"] same..ogvampire

you are pretty much saying the opposite of what most people claimed here...

havent you noticed all the posts about KZ2 going for realism, main reason for its um... hardcoreness? its not a word but i just made it up :P

yep, and as i stated before, the game has regenerating health. that's hardcore to the extreme.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#149 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

Also, the claims that Killzone 2 is challenging are kind of strange to me. The game is really fairly easy.FPS games that have health that refills in a few seconds are not hard IMO. All you have to do is manage toget out of the way for a few seconds to let itrefill.Although weaker in many ways, Resistance: Fall of Man is a more challenging FPS than Killzone 2 because of way the health is set up, the limited amounts of ammoand the fact that you have to pump alot more lead into the Chimera than the Helghast.

And about the claims that Killzone 2 "feels different". Yeah, sure it does, but all FPS have their different styles of movement and shooting. You guys act like all the other FPS's are all under one umbrella while Killzone 2 has a feel of all of its own. Absurd. The truth is that most FPSs feel different than eachother. The level design and story arcs and characters of FPS games are all pretty typical but most major FPS gameshave their own feel. Halo sure does (which is why so many people love it)just as Killzone does.

Tragic_Kingdom7

Why are you trying so hard to discredit the game? 4 posts?

You didn't like it, fair enough, move on?

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

I have an very telling story about this topic. During Thanksgiving, my gf's bro was up for the holiday and he is a big shooter fan. He is pretty good at CoD and can consistently beat me in it but not by much. So after playing MW2, I put in KZ2 to test his skills and boy did he ever get slaughtered. He noted that they are two very different games. In MW2 there is no or very little recoil, while KZ2 there is plenty. In MW2 you can camp, in killzone2 you can not. In MW2 a few shots take down an enemy regardless of where you hit them, while in KZ2 it takes more shots unless you hit them in the head. KZ2 is a more team oriented game and you rarely get the chance to rack up killstreaks like in CoD because it is a warzone with obvious hotspots and chokepoints. The class system in KZ2 often asks that you play a certain role for your team and adds to the commadrie. KZ2 guns have weight unlike MW2. KZ2 requires you to use burst fire and place your shots on the head. These games are very different and it is very easy to see why CoD sells more and has a bigger online base; it is a much more acessible game, but that is not to say either game is better than the other.

Both games are great multiplayer experiences and while I like the core shooting gameplay of KZ2 better, MW2 has a much better reward system that keeps you constantly coming back for more to get everything. Once you hit general in KZ2, you have opened up everything and it doesn't take long to get to general. I enjoy both but I will agree that yes KZ2 has certain aspects to it that make it a harder game to play online than MW2.