just face it - no game on PC comes close to MGS4

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

When Crysis launched the gaming world had to pick their collective jaws off the floor at how eye-blisteringly gorgeous the game was... yes, it required a beefy rig to run smoothly and in all of it glory, but it was undeniably the pinnacle of gaming graphics, on any platform.

Then, it's stellar follow-up Crysis Warhead released again to oohs and ahhhs from the gaming community featuring an equally outstanding level of visual fidelity.

Yet, the best that PC could muster wasn't enough to clinch the [graphics] prize from the venerable console game Metal Gear Solid 4. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the critics have spoken, our peers have voted, and MGS4 is victorious.

But there is good news for PC gamers, after all is said and done - MGS4's victory over Crysis Warhead might inspire PC developers to pick up their game a bit and deliver something that can actually compete with console games with respect to technical graphics...

Maybe 2009 will see a 'return to glory' of sorts for PC, after this irrefutable defeat in 2008.

Thoughts?

death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#2 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.
DennisHopperz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DennisHopperz
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
lol?
Avatar image for battalionwars13
battalionwars13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 battalionwars13
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"]

When Crysis launched the gaming world had to pick their collective jaws off the floor at how eye-blisteringly gorgeous the game was... yes, it required a beefy rig to run smoothly and in all of it glory, but it was undeniably the pinnacle of gaming graphics, on any platform.

Then, it's stellar follow-up Crysis Warhead released again to oohs and ahhhs from the gaming community featuring an equally outstanding level of visual fidelity.

Yet, the best that PC could muster wasn't enough to clinch the [graphics] prize from the venerable console game Metal Gear Solid 4. There is much wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the critics have spoken, our peers have voted, and MGS4 is victorious.

But there is good news for PC gamers, after all is said and done - MGS4's victory over Crysis Warhead might inspire PC developers to pick up their game a bit and deliver something that can actually compete with console games with respect to technical graphics...

Maybe 2009 will see a 'return to glory' of sorts for PC, after this irrefutable defeat in 2008.

Thoughts?

Ive never played neither but ive watched videos of both and Crysis warhead looks way better. Gears 2 even looks better than MGS4.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts
... really another Crysis topic by a consolite... why are you guys so insecure?
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
e_e I see what your doing.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 67gt500
Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.death919
Are you implying that Windwaker >>>>> Crysis Warhead?
crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
Well i have both mgs4 and crysis, and crysis is way better in graphics. Plus i still prefer crysis to mgs4 as a game.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#11 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
Joke post?
PS3Breeder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PS3Breeder
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
how so mgs4 is a ps3 game with low res textures and crysis murderes it.
CT-Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CT-Link
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.death919
Exactly. And you've made a fine point right there. To say it's beautiful, is to be subjective. Zelda WW is veeery artsy and revolutionary (maybe first cel-shaded game almost everybody owned) and MGS4 looks very "realistic". IMO in terms of realismo Crysis wins there. Sure MGS4 has better animations and stuff, but then again ITS SUBJECTIVE.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

/joke thread.

Dynafrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dynafrom
Member since 2003 • 1027 Posts

TAKEN FROM MY POST IN ANOTHER THREAD:

The comparison to show it all, taken from my 1080p set full RGB, mind you the offscreen shots hide aliasing and horrible blocky shadows on MGS4.

FIRST CRYSIS:

MGS4 has the worst aliasing issues and blocky shadows I've seen this gen. They aren't shown in the shots but they are there.

Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
Deus Ex>>>MGSIV
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
Crysis Review Score: 9.5 MGS4 Review Score: 10.0 I'd say that's fairly close. It also has 10x better graphics and PC has higher standards when it comes to review scores, but hey if you wanna boast about 1024x768 gear solid then go ahead, if it helps you sleep better at night.
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Off-screen shots FTL. But even in those pics, Crysis still looks better.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 67gt500
Deus Ex>>>MGSIVKrazyKenKutarag
Are you implying that Deus Ex >>>>>> Crysis Warhead? Because around here it's Official, MGS4 >>>>>> Crysis Warhead...
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

There are better PC games then MGS4. Face it the PC has better graphics. Next year Empire Total War, Alan Wake, are going to blow away the PS3 graphics.

KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KrazyKenKutarag

[QUOTE="KrazyKenKutarag"]Deus Ex>>>MGSIV67gt500
Are you implying that Deus Ex >>>>>> Crysis Warhead? Because around here it's Official, MGS4 >>>>>> Crysis Warhead...

Yes, I think MGSIV is a much better game than Crysis Warhead. In fact, the MGS series is one of my favourite console franchises of all time...

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 67gt500
[QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

There are better PC games then MGS4. Face it the PC has better graphics. Next year Empire Total War, Alan Wake, are going to blow away the PS3 graphics.

True, next year PC has a chance to redeem itself around here, if it can match the graphics fidelity of console games like MGS4...
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts
even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous thread
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"]

Thoughts?

haha...another joke.
ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts
Well i have both mgs4 and crysis, and crysis is way better in graphics. Plus i still prefer crysis to mgs4 as a game.crozon
i really didn't hear phenomenal things about Crysis gameplay
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
joke post right? :? if not then, :lol:
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

True, next year PC has a chance to redeem itself around here, if it can match the graphics fidelity of console games like MGS4...

I think I'm going to be sick...
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23034 Posts
even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous threadermacness
It's ridiculous what MGSIV winning the "Best Graphics, Technical" award has done to people. It's like they've lost all reason and eyesight.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

[QUOTE="death919"]Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.dream431ca

Trolling attempt ended in epic failure.

:| No it didn't. IMO WindWaker still looks better than a lot of games. Of course, that's subjective.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 67gt500
even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous threadermacness
it's not ridiculous - it's a fact... around here MGS4 >>>>>> Crysis Warhead... end-of-story... the best that PC had this year wasn't good enough to topple a console contemporary in the graphics category... I'm not making this stuff up...
Avatar image for hfgjhgjghjghjgh
hfgjhgjghjghjgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hfgjhgjghjghjgh
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts

gamespy has a pc service/server browser called gamespy arcade www.gamespyarcade.com

they host the master servers for console games and pc games like crysis and unreal tournament 3

they are a pc site by heart and they gave gears of war 2 the best graphics award.

their say is more than gamespots lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
GS is so awesome for making MGS4 win best graphics, it made SW all that much funnier. :lol:
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
STALKER: Clear Skies looks better.
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="battalionwars13"][QUOTE="67gt500"]

Thoughts?

Ive never played neither but ive watched videos of both and Crysis warhead looks way better. Gears 2 even looks better than MGS4.

MGS4 looks crap in screenshots and internet videos. It's the really small details that most people don't conciously realise that make the difference. Like when you're walking in the rain, some of the drops will remain on the camera lense. When Snake walks out of an explosion or somethign that disturbed a lot of dust, you can see it settle again on other places like floors, walls, and again even the camera. It's just attention to those tiny details, that you can only understand if you're playing the game, right there and then that make it different. Yes, Crysis has better textures and poly-counts and whatnot, but Crysis failed to get me to care if nomad actually died. Sure it looked stunning and all, but the graphics didn't really serve much of a purpose in the actual game itself apart from looking pretty (Which isn't bad, games should look nice) In Metal Gear Solid 4 however, those tiny little details like Snake's facial expressions, the way he moved and it's authenticity, it helps you associate with him. It gives you a feeling of immersion. Crysis has immersion, yes. But not to that level. I don't deny that Crysis LOOKS better, but the reason I think MGS4 has been winning those graphics awards on more than one site is because it shows that graphics in a game can sevre for more of a purpose than just looking shiny.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"]even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous thread67gt500
it's not ridiculous - it's a fact... around here MGS4 >>>>>> Crysis Warhead... end-of-story... the best that PC had this year wasn't good enough to topple a console contemporary in the graphics category... I'm not making this stuff up...

Its not a fact. its opinions.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="ermacness"]even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous thread67gt500

its a fact that your thread here is useless.
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KrazyKenKutarag

Your trying too hard, it's getting pretty sad now. Professional trolls are far more subtle. Yes, there are professional trolls.

hfgjhgjghjghjgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hfgjhgjghjghjgh

i hate gamespy for buying out www.mplayer.com

and shutting down the service that's the dumbest crap ever i wish they kept it up.

but they know more what they talking about than gamespot lol

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 67gt500
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="67gt500"][QUOTE="PS3_3DO"]

I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Considering that I was disappointed by MGS4 graphically, while at the same time finding the very same to be one of its biggest highlights, I have to say no. The character models were pretty good, the environments? Not so much imo. Act 3 was horribly bland, with decent lighting here and there. The first act was pretty good. The second act, wasn't anything special in a lot of areas, though there were some fine texture work in some buildings and the water effects weren't all bad. Act 4 and 5 were so so. Though I'm sure others would either disagree entirely, or in the order given. Good looking game imo? Sure. Blown way out of proportion by critics and fans alike imo? Sure.

tek91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tek91
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

MGS 4 is by far the superior game the people have spoken and I from playing to day experience how good it is.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
I think im going to tag this thread and its title will be "Epic Fail for the Epic Troll." No Im not blind crysis looks better than MGS4. No joke to I had an eye doctor appointment yesterday and the doc said my eyes are fins 20/20. So I know im not blind and I know what looks better. I will say I do like MGS4 but not for its graphics.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
I believe Crysis Warhead has the better graphics on paper, but when you see MGS4 in motion in front of your eyes, it's hard to say that another game looks better. That's primarly what made this game win Best Graphics in so many sites.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I believe Crysis Warhead has the better graphics on paper, but when you see MGS4 in motion in front of your eyes, it's hard to say that another game looks better. That's primarly what made this game win Best Graphics in so many sites.lebanese_boy
The award was 'best technical graphics'. On paper is really all that maters here.
steve17989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 steve17989
Member since 2006 • 1020 Posts
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="67gt500"] True, next year PC has a chance to redeem itself around here, if it can match the graphics fidelity of console games like MGS4...67gt500

I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...

Trolling is against the TOS. Reported.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Just when I thought the consolites of System Wars couldn't become more ridicules.

Either the comments in this thread are a joke or I have severely overestimated the reasoning capability of some of the people in this section.

KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KrazyKenKutarag

I believe Crysis Warhead has the better graphics on paper, but when you see MGS4 in motion in front of your eyes, it's hard to say that another game looks better. That's primarly what made this game win Best Graphics in so many sites.lebanese_boy

I have seen MGSIV in front of my eyes, and I can say with confidence that Crysis Warhead looks much better. MGSIV is still a better game, in my opinion.

fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I think I'm going to be sick... steve17989

Trolling is against the TOS. Reported.

I really don't see how that is trolling...
hfgjhgjghjghjgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hfgjhgjghjghjgh

gears of war 2 looks better than crysis or mgs4

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42155.html