just face it - no game on PC comes close to MGS4

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkguy_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 darkguy_101
Member since 2008 • 744 Posts
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="67gt500"] True, next year PC has a chance to redeem itself around here, if it can match the graphics fidelity of console games like MGS4...67gt500
I think I'm going to be sick...

I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...

Why does MGSIV looks better?

Remember, it's Technical.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#102 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

I believe its TECHNICAL.. do we have any programmers, engineers, artists, designers in here? anyone in the industry..please stand up. guess not....so quit the whining, none of you guys even have half the cred that these guys do.Adrian_Cloud

It doesn't take a programmer, engineer, rocket scientist to see that Crysis is miles ahead of MGS4 :?

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
[QUOTE="67gt500"][QUOTE="mattbbpl"] I think I'm going to be sick... darkguy_101
I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...

Real-time cut-scenes that are accurate to your in game camo. Fighting huge gekkos, combined with soldiers. Then having veichles and rebels all on screen at once. Depth of field, AA, real-time lighting, high end character models. Facial animation, normal mapping,specular mapping. the fluidity between gameplay and cinematics. CUT-SCENES
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Adrian_Cloud

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]I believe its TECHNICAL.. do we have any programmers, engineers, artists, designers in here? anyone in the industry..please stand up. guess not....so quit the whining, none of you guys even have half the cred that these guys do.SpinoRaptor24

It doesn't take a programmer, engineer, rocket scientist to see that Crysis is miles ahead of MGS4 :?

http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx REALLY? care to explain,.... i bet you can't.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
[QUOTE="darkguy_101"][QUOTE="67gt500"] I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...Adrian_Cloud

Real-time cut-scenes that are accurate to your in game camo. Fighting huge gekkos, combined with soldiers. Then having veichles and rebels all on screen at once. Depth of field, AA, real-time lighting, high end character models. Facial animation, normal mapping,specular mapping. the fluidity between gameplay and cinematics. CUT-SCENES

And AA and lighting is where u failed,MGS4 doesn't have AA and because they couldn't make it to work with HDR lighting at the same time.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SpinoRaptor24
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"]I believe its TECHNICAL.. do we have any programmers, engineers, artists, designers in here? anyone in the industry..please stand up. guess not....so quit the whining, none of you guys even have half the cred that these guys do.Adrian_Cloud

http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx REALLY? care to explain,.... i bet you can't.

Uhh all you did was post some technical details about MGS4. Where does it state that it surpasses Crysis?

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="darkguy_101"]

McdonaIdsGuy

And AA and lighting is where u failed,MGS4 doesn't have AA and because they couldn't make it to work with HDR lighting at the same time.

http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx riight
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 -Master_St3ve-
Member since 2007 • 1421 Posts
Well someone hasn't play Crysis that's for sure. I'm just going to ignore these threads. It's good that 95% of the population knows Cyrsis is the best looking game. The other 5% have fallen off the deep end.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 McdonaIdsGuy
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] Real-time cut-scenes that are accurate to your in game camo. Fighting huge gekkos, combined with soldiers. Then having veichles and rebels all on screen at once. Depth of field, AA, real-time lighting, high end character models. Facial animation, normal mapping,specular mapping. the fluidity between gameplay and cinematics. CUT-SCENES

http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx riight

Failed again,u can't prove me wrong since your link is only about the modeling of the enviroment and character models.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 -Master_St3ve-
[QUOTE="darkguy_101"][QUOTE="67gt500"] I would barf too, if I had spent as much money beefing up my rig as some people have around here (to behold Crysis in all of its glory), only to have it trounced by a game that runs on a $400 console...Adrian_Cloud

If you've played Crysis then you would know just how silly you sound.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

SpinoRaptor24

Uhh all you did was post some technical details about MGS4. Where does it state that it surpasses Crysis?

Did you even read anything at all? If you can't come in a thread, with that kind of knowledge then you are in no position to disagree with GS. You don't even know either tech, so how can you say? that is my point, get educated,....i'm going to post Crysis tech since you know SOO much more about it than me and GS. :|
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Adrian_Cloud
[QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"] And AA and lighting is where u failed,MGS4 doesn't have AA and because they couldn't make it to work with HDR lighting at the same time.

Failed again,u can't prove me wrong since your link is only about the modeling of the enviroment and character models.

you failed.. its more than just one page. Way to just scroll over the link. /debate. whos next
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Adrian_Cloud

-Master_St3ve-

how so? let me guess... Crysis has better facial animations, more AA? Congrats.. but overall according to GS MGS4 looks better. These aspects of MGSIV are obviously apart of that reason. since you had no real argument, i shouldn't even replied. anyhow.,..next.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Crysis has all of those things besides the game camo thing which isn't very special. and replace Gekkos with Aliens.
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Adrian_Cloud

JangoWuzHere

Crysis has all of those things besides the game camo thing which isn't very special. and replace Gekkos with Aliens.

Its a nice touch, and realistic. why complain.
mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
I really don't see what's so special about MGS4 graphics, personally I don't think it's even the best looking PS3 game, in fact even most cows were calling Uncharted the best looking PS3 game before this awards mess. It runs in 1024x768, I played Duke Nukem 3D on that resolution over a decade ago, technical marvel my ass. It has flat textures and everything looks like its been drained of color, sorry but not impressed. All the screenshots people post are always from cutscenes showing off the characters, the actual gameplay shots I've seen have looked rather average. I'm pretty sure even most multiplat games like AssCreed and Farcry2 maxed out on PC would top MGS4 visually.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 -Master_St3ve-
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="-Master_St3ve-"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] Real-time cut-scenes that are accurate to your in game camo. Fighting huge gekkos, combined with soldiers. Then having veichles and rebels all on screen at once. Depth of field, AA, real-time lighting, high end character models. Facial animation, normal mapping,specular mapping. the fluidity between gameplay and cinematics. CUT-SCENES

how so? let me guess... Crysis has better facial animations, more AA? Congrats.. but overall according to GS MGS4 looks better. These aspects of MGSIV are obviously apart of that reason. since you had no real argument, i shouldn't even replied. anyhow.,..next.

Crysis does all of that... better. Go player Crysis.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 SpinoRaptor24
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx REALLY? care to explain,.... i bet you can't.Adrian_Cloud

Did you even read anything at all? If you can't come in a thread, with that kind of knowledge then you are in no position to disagree with GS. You don't even know either tech, so how can you say? that is my point, get educated,....i'm going to post Crysis tech since you know SOO much more about it than me and GS. :|

I can see you can't answer my question so you've decided to spin things. Anyone with 2 working eyes can see that Crysis looks better than MGS4 in a technical view. If GS said that jumping off a cliff will cure cancer, would you believe them?

Come back when you've played Crysis.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Adrian_Cloud

SpinoRaptor24

I can see you can't answer my question so you've decided to spin things. Anyone with 2 working eyes can see that Crysis looks better than MGS4 in a technical view. If GS said that jumping off a cliff will cure cancer, would you believe them?

your so funny. so graphics looking exactly the same. which is more impressive, real-time or pre-rendered? answer this question, and your arguement is done.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 -Master_St3ve-
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] Did you even read anything at all? If you can't come in a thread, with that kind of knowledge then you are in no position to disagree with GS. You don't even know either tech, so how can you say? that is my point, get educated,....i'm going to post Crysis tech since you know SOO much more about it than me and GS. :| Adrian_Cloud

your so funny. so graphics looking exactly the same. which is more impressive, real-time or pre-rendered? answer this question, and your arguement is done.

Crysis doesn't use pre-rendered graphics. You would know this if...you played Crysis.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] Did you even read anything at all? If you can't come in a thread, with that kind of knowledge then you are in no position to disagree with GS. You don't even know either tech, so how can you say? that is my point, get educated,....i'm going to post Crysis tech since you know SOO much more about it than me and GS. :| Adrian_Cloud

I really do not get your point at all. All of Crysis cutscenes are real time as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7XcDlzPfQ4&feature=related

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#122 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
dude mgs4 only holds up at the boss fights the rest is a low res jaggy game will bad textures..get over it this has been done to death!
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 JangoWuzHere

JangoWuzHere

I really do not get your point at all. All of Crysis cutscenes are real time as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7XcDlzPfQ4&feature=related

Heres one from Crysis Warhead.Oh ya and ***SPOILERS*** incase you guys wanna play the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_2ILexMLOg And this is all Real-time like I said.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts

1) No

2) nononnononoononononononnono!!

3) play both games and then you can tell :P

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#125 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
No No No No... Crysis and Crysis Warhead Graphics >>> All Anyone who says differnt is a fan boy or hasnt played Crysis on a great system.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
This whole GOTY stuff is being blown way out of proportian here, there are probably only a few hundred people left that use this site that actually care any more, outside of them it means absolutly nothing.
metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#127 metalisticpain
Member since 2005 • 3536 Posts
uh what? the textures are terrible. MGS4 won because it pushed the limits of the ps3, and th boss battles i hear look amazing. However crysis warhead is still technically and visually a better game imo, it just didnt hold as much water because weve seen crysis, and a lot of people have a hard time replicating the best of the best on their PC's (which really shouldnt even factor in on the decision)
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 McdonaIdsGuy
[QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"][QUOTE="McdonaIdsGuy"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] http://www.softimage.com/products/xsi/customer_stories/metal_gear_4/default_part2.aspx riight

you failed.. its more than just one page. Way to just scroll over the link. /debate. whos next

Hmm i proved your wrong already your ''ownage'' is only about modeling of the enviroment and characters.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#129 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
dude mgs4 only holds up at the boss fights the rest is a low res jaggy game will bad textures..get over it this has been done to death!daveg1
Crysis definately look miles better but your post is wrong. I played MGS4 again yesterday and was once again suprised by its visuals, draw distances, and there were not really any noticable jaggies anywhere...
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
gotta be a joke topic, people. don't take everything so seriously.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SpinoRaptor24

Pre-rendered? :?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Nice flamebait tc ey.
obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

I happen to have played MGS4, between the totally last gen design small and empty levels and the akward slow MGS3 like gameplay, i find the 10/10 ratings as the ultimate joke of gaming industry, even worst than LBP scores, which was at least fun for a day in co-op

Did i mention the constant loading and loading times, plus the constant installations in every act ?

If MGS4 is a 10/10 game, then the other overscored crap Gears 2 is 100/10, since at least has some exiting moments in real time, and you do not watch only and get some cold hard boredom in last gen gameplay of MGS4

As for visuals, the IN GAME visuals, when you control the hero are mediocre at best, the big areas are empty, there is little thing to see around, and the more detailed areas are tiny paths

If that is the ultimate in next gen gaming and visuals, then i am an elephant

Uncharted makes MGS4 looks likea joke in both gameplay and visuals, detail etc, the only thing making MGS4 good is the cut-scenes, and thsat is fans only

So actually any of Uncharted, Folklore, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Last Remnant is a far better game than MGS4, which is not even a RPG, but a boredom of epic proportions

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#134 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
gotta be a joke topic, people. don't take everything so seriously.Dreams-Visions
7 pages and counting.. I think your warning came a bit to late :P
Games4thewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Games4thewin
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts
Gears of War 2 looks better than MGS4.
Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts
Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.death919
:lol: It has an art style, i give you that, but "more beautiful graphics"? umm na
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#137 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
Form your own opinion, GS just gave that award to be controversial. And no i don't think MGS4 even comes CLOSE to Warhead. Infact i don't even think it comes close the STALKER C ear Skies on max for that matter. (DX10.1Detail AA4X for those of you who didn't know) hell i even think that GeoW2 looks better.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts
[QUOTE="death919"]Windwaker,a Gamecube game, has more beautiful graphics than MGS4.CT-Link
Exactly. And you've made a fine point right there. To say it's beautiful, is to be subjective. Zelda WW is veeery artsy and revolutionary (maybe first cel-shaded game almost everybody owned) and MGS4 looks very "realistic". IMO in terms of realismo Crysis wins there. Sure MGS4 has better animations and stuff, but then again ITS SUBJECTIVE.

Off topic - not everyone owned it and Jet Set Radio was the first cell shaded game was it not?
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"]gotta be a joke topic, people. don't take everything so seriously._Pedro_
7 pages and counting.. I think your warning came a bit to late :P

Yeah I came to the topic because it had so many pages, I assumed joke topic from the title...
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
If we're speaking about technical graphics then yes MGS4 is better than Crysis but when we talk about pure graphics then for sure Crysis > everything, in general. So technically I agree with GS 100% :)
Gl0ry_L0rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Gl0ry_L0rd
Member since 2007 • 281 Posts
No, just no.
dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

Best technical graphics goes to MGS4 because it was a fight between Alien technology, in Crysis, and Metal gear technology.

We will never let the alien technology win.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

I agree MGS4 is the best looking game to ever come out hermits.

Why dont you guys go back to playing your inferior Crysis and outdated FPS like Counter Flop while cow's will be enjoying the glory and wonderfulness of MGO and resistance 2.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts
even an idiot knows crisis looks better but as an overall game mgs4 blows it away
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Adrian_Cloud

SpinoRaptor24

Do you not know the meaning, or are you just avoiding the question? Which one is more impressive.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts
sorry, but even though i thought MGS4 was a great game, graphically it just doesn't come close to crysis.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
well it's pretty obvious gs just doesn't want to admit crytek still have the best technical graphics a year later, no matter how you look at it in no way technically is mgs4 superior to crysis warhead, crysis pushes more polygons, has much bigger fully destructible environment compared to mgs4, has more enimies on screen at once, better water, better texture etc try and find something in mgs4 that is actually technically better.
-Master_St3ve-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 -Master_St3ve-
[QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"][QUOTE="Adrian_Cloud"] your so funny. so graphics looking exactly the same. which is more impressive, real-time or pre-rendered? answer this question, and your arguement is done.Adrian_Cloud

Do you not know the meaning, or are you just avoiding the question? Which one is more impressive.

Nothing in Crysis is pre-rendered.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="ermacness"]even though i'm a ps3 defender, i can't and won't stand by this ridiculous thread67gt500
it's not ridiculous - it's a fact... around here MGS4 >>>>>> Crysis Warhead... end-of-story... the best that PC had this year wasn't good enough to topple a console contemporary in the graphics category... I'm not making this stuff up...

and mgs4 isn't even hd :lol: 1024 x586p what a joke 4 best technical graphics in the so called hd gen. has crysis come out this year mgs4 wouldn't had had a change but the critics have had enough of one game being untouchable so had to give it to something else
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="mattbbpl"][QUOTE="67gt500"] True, next year PC has a chance to redeem itself around here, if it can match the graphics fidelity of console games like MGS4...67gt500
I think I'm going to be sick...

crysis runs on $400 hardware, so what's your point?