Jim Ryan Famtisu Interview: PS5 exclusives to increase, PC releases to stay staggered

• 111 results
simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

"Meanwhile PS5 is on fire and we are getting amazing games"

No mention first party son.

Enjoy flopspoken the timed exclusive Sony payed millions for.....OOOF 🤣

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13665 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Jim appreciates Japan, thank you Jim!

He's lying.

If Japan was that important to Sony, they wouldn't have made Playstation so Western centric since the PS3 onwards. This tweet is mostly PR fluff bs, in the vein of "we still love you Japan, stay tuned for more PS coming your way".

Outside of the amount of exclusives, and more JRPGs, there's very little to differentiate PS from Xbox now. Even PSs exclusives are mostly Western.

It's straight business. They really don't give a flying eff where Playstation first started, only where their money is going and where it's coming from.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11797 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

I'd imagine it would continue with 1-2yrs doe larger titles, 6m-1y for the smaller ones.

No way they'll wait 3yrs again given how much money they're making on PC ports.

I just want Ghosts of Tsushima on PC for the mods

I don't think they're making much money with the recent PC ports, The Uncharted Legacy Of Thieves Collection wasn't anywhere near as bad as TLOU 1 PC port and it still sold poorly. Sackboy was a flop too. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony used that as an excuse to not put as much resources into making sure TLOU 1 was a good PC port since they assumed it was going to do badly like the other two mention games. But they were too stupid to realize that they were trying to sell PC gamers a "collection" of only two games and both them being the last two in the series and for $60. If Sony had included the original UC trilogy or least sold that trilogy as a separate collection first before porting the PS4 games they would have had better sales. And Sackboy was dead before arrival not even Playstation fans give a crap about the Little Big Planet franchise after the PS3 generation what made them think PC gamers would? Returnal suffered on PC for the same reason as PS5 with the price being too high for the amount of actual content you get which is sad because rougelikes sell like crack to junkies on PC.

The really sad part is, if TLOU 1 was a good PC port it would have sold as well as Spider-Man and God Of War did since the game peaked at 36K users on launch day on Steam. It could have had a bigger launch day and better sales if not for the fact that the port was complete garbage that it got review nuked into oblivion within the first hour of release because no one could play it.

Also I'm starting to see Sony's laziness, they're really only porting games now that already have PS4 versions and they plan on selling remastered/remake versions to PS5 users and porting them to PC later since they did most of the work of improving the graphics or because the PS4/PS5 versions of the game didn;t do too well so they're trying to recuperate cost sooner. The only way PC gamers will get Bloodborne is if Sony plans on doing a remake for PS5. They're not gonna go out of their way to just port over the PS4 version because then PS5 users will demand a patch instead of paying for a "remaster" or remake. Which is really stupid of Sony because Soulsborne games are among the best selling games on PC. PC is leading the sales on Elden Ring with about 10 million at least estimated to be from the platform from Steam alone.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9399 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

"He added that PC fans didn't mind waiting two or three years to play those games on their platform."

This guys a fuckin idiot. Is he sure it was "PC fans" that he asked. :-S

The clown show just keeps going with Jim Ryan.

Well he has been the mouth piece for Playstation for a while.

He has probably gotten very used to corporate clown speak.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Didn’t he also say that he believed in generations? 🤔

Yea, and here is a PS5 day 1 launch title

Did you have a point to make or were you confused about something?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 above_average
@Pedro said:

So no exclusives for PS5, just timed exclusives. Times have changed.😂

You're not only perpetually wrong about everything you say, you also have reading comprehension problems.

...Hulst saying earlier this month that the decision to port a game on PC would be made case by case.

Translation: Not all Sony games will come to PC.

Learn to read and then comprehend the information.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#57 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

@above_average: I accept your copium.😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:

@above_average: I accept your copium.😂

I'm just helping you out since your low reading comprehension made you blurt out a false statement. There are still major PS4 games PC still hasn't got yet, before even mentioning PS5 games from launch 2020.

The "copium" xboy, is all yours

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Pedro

@above_average: I understand that you are unhappy that PS games are going to have staggered releases on PC. We mourn your loss.😔

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44185 Posts

@above_average: So what’s the story on all the cross generational games then? 🤔

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By above_average
@Pedro said:

@above_average: I understand that you are unhappy that PS games are going to have staggered releases on PC. We mourn your loss.😔

lol this news has really mad you mad.

It was only your own moronic arguments saying that Sony would do day and date releases like MS that's caused you this distress.

Stop saying stupid things based on your jealousy over PlayStations games 1st class treatment praying they follow MS dollar menu strategy and you wouldn't have to mourn.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Pedro

@Archangel3371: I look forward to the spin on a well documented lie.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Archangel3371

@Pedro: No doubt. 😅

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 above_average

@Archangel3371 said:

What "story"?

There is no story to tell.

Providing current generation PS5 games from day 1, doesn't stop them from also giving PS4 and PS5.

lol WTF are you even trying to argue?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Pedro

@above_average said:

lol this news has really mad you mad.

It was only your own moronic arguments saying that Sony would do day and date releases like MS that's caused you this distress.

Stop saying stupid things based on your jealousy over PlayStations games 1st class treatment praying they follow MS dollar menu strategy and you wouldn't have to mourn.

Well, this is interesting. What and why would I be mad?

Where in this thread did I mention anything about day and date releases?

I am very sorry that Sony making their games available on PC makes you this upset. We will mourn your loss.😔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pedro

@above_average said:
@Archangel3371 said:

What "story"?

Providing current generation PS5 games from day 1, doesn't stop them from also giving PS4 and PS5.

So, they lied when they said they believe in generations. Thanks for conceding to a known fact.😂

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45122 Posts

@above_average said:
@Archangel3371 said:

What "story"?

Yea it’s funny how Lems have a bad memory. New generations have always started with continued support for the previous gen for the first couple years until sales pick up for the new hardware.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Pedro

“As we’ve said many times, with PlayStation 5 it’s a brand new generation, and we believe in generations. So we want to evolve every part of the experience. ” LOL

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 above_average

@Pedro said:

Well, this is interesting. What and why would I be mad?

Where in this thread did I mention anything about day and date releases?

I am very sorry that Sony making their games available on PC makes you this upset. We will mourn your loss.😔

All you xbox fans have the same arguments. You've all claimed Sony would do day and date games just like MS.

It's all out of jealousy and spite because MS treated you xbox console owners like idiots by not only dropping the priority of games from focusing on console, but also didn't even bother to show games running on the console when advertising "xbox" games.

If you feel stupid for buying a xbox Series X you should because Phil Spencer confirmed Xbox Series was was a stupid investment. That's a YOU problem.

We PS5 fans look forward to Sony's showcase of games made for and running on PS5 console 🤗

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By above_average

@Pedro said:

“As we’ve said many times, with PlayStation 5 it’s a brand new generation, and we believe in generations. So we want to evolve every part of the experience. ” LOL

LMFAO you xboy fans still mad Sony actually delivered on next generation games for PS5 from day 1 and all @ 60fps

Meanwhile after 3 years, MS delivered you...REDFALL at 30fps for your Xbox Series X

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Archangel3371

@above_average: I seem to recall recall some folks believing very differently about cross generational games when the PS5 was first announced. Something about people needing to move on and utilizing the full power of the new generational hardware. I see the usual cows are trying to erase that from their past now though. Quite shameful.

Anyway that’s what good old Jim Ryan said back then but he quickly changed his tune. Kind of expecting the same thing to happen here as well. 🤷‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pedro

@above_average said:

All you xbox fans have the same arguments. You've all claimed Sony would do day and date games just like MS.

It's all out of jealousy and spite because MS treated you xbox console owners like idiots by not only dropping the priority of games from focusing on console, but also didn't even bother to show games running on the console when advertising "xbox" games.

If you feel stupid for buying a xbox Series X you should because Phil Spencer confirmed Xbox Series was was a stupid investment. That's a YOU problem.

We PS5 fans look forward to Sony's showcase of games made for and running on PS5 console 🤗

Damn! That meltdown of yours accelerated. Must be extremely stressful when I never mentioned anything about PC games being released on day 1 on the PC and PS5 and as per trademark you Sony fannies deflect to MS/Xbox when Sony is doing something you all are damage controlling. There is no need for you to be losing your shit all because Sony games will continue to be released on PC. We will mourn your loss and celebrate your meltdowns.😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Archangel3371

Ain’t no meltdown like an above average meltdown. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pedro
@Archangel3371 said:

Ain’t no meltdown like an above average meltdown. 😅

Holy shit, the screenshots portion of the meltdown has started.🤣

@Archangel3371 said:

@above_average: I seem to recall recall some folks believing very differently about cross generational games when the PS5 was first announced. Something about people needing to move on and utilizing the full power of the new generational hardware. I see the usual cows are trying to erase that from their past now though. Quite shameful.

Anyway that’s what good old Jim Ryan said back then but he quickly changed his tune. Kind of expecting the same thing to happen here as well. 🤷‍♂️

They like to have selective memory when it comes to things like this. There was a whole hoopla about "no cross gen games on PS5 unlike other systems", only for the PS5 to sport many cross gen titles.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Archangel3371

@Pedro: I’m expecting many more. 😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By above_average
@Archangel3371 said:

Sounds like you're trying to create your own reality.

You ask about generations, then I show you a current generation only PS5 game released on DAY 1.

You move the goal post and start talking about "some folks believing" something. Wasn't you post about Jim Ryan's statement?

Again...WTF are you talking about? Nothing changed, current generation PS5 only games exist and ALL have been praised for moving the current generation forward.

You say "he quickly changed his tune" and yet...

This is why speaking with you delusion and dishonest xbox fanboys is a waste of time

Facts don't care about your opinion. Without Sony we'd literally still be stuck in last generation fu*ing with MS and Nintendo.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Pedro

@Archangel3371: You are correct.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3407 Posts

I must admit I missed his tantrums.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By above_average

@Pedro said:

@Archangel3371: You are correct.

Continue the group therapy, it's all you guys really have left

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Pedro

@above_average: Why are you so upset over this news? We all knew that Sony was porting their games to PC. Why did you decide to have a meltdown now?🤔

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Archangel3371

@above_average: Sorry but you’re not going to gaslight me. I remember how things went down with Cows and the whole “We believe in generations” spiel by Jim Ryan. Try and twist it all you want but homey don’t play that game. 😅

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

I must admit I missed his tantrums.

I don't get why he's upset over this?

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3407 Posts

@davillain: You know how unpredictable children can be. Who knows.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Forspoken wasn’t a first party game, Redfall is 😎

Xbox Studios Redfall. Am I doing it right, simple-facts? 🤣🤣🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8079 Posts

Day and Date PC games for PlayStation, across the board, will happen eventually.. they are leaving money on the table with staggered releases..

but Sony rightfully knows that their bread-and-butter is the console market and they need to keep the fanboys happy as they continue to march in that direction...

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

Here's the kicker: The console industry as a whole was significantly more Japanese centric prior to the PS3 generation.

The fact that were getting exclusives, even if they are timed exclusives, out of Japan shows a strong commitment to that market.

Another thing to keep in mind is that they are already the go-to console in Japan for major games that aren't on Nintendo like Elden Ring, Resident Evil etc.

What exactly do we want? That they make more Japanese games for Western audiences or more Japanese games for the Japanese audience? I ask because those end up looking *very very* different.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan was featured in an interviewpublished today by Japanese website Famitsu.

The interviewer went through various topics, including the improved supply chain of PS5 consoles. Ryan highlighted that the PlayStation 5 had registered the best start ever for a Sony console, despite those supply chain issues encountered in the first couple of years since the hardware's debut

Sony plans to maintain favorable momentum thanks to upcoming PS5 exclusives like Koei Tecmo's Rise of the Ronin (due next year), Square Enix's Final Fantasy XVI (due on June 22nd), and Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (likely due in September; we'll know more next week at the PlayStation Showcase). On the latter game, Ryan said it would fully utilize the PS5's features to provide a 'wonderful experience' according to feedback from gamers (perhaps during testing).

Later in the interview, the executive mentioned Sony's plan to increase PS5 exclusives while keeping PC ports staggered. He added that PC fans didn't mind waiting two or three years to play those games on their platform.

We also fully understand the importance of PS5 exclusive titles. As I mentioned earlier, PlayStation Studios' main responsibility is to have people enjoy the game experience using the latest PS. We are increasing the number of PS5 exclusive titles and staggering the release of the PC version.

I often have the opportunity to ask game fans for their opinions, and when I ask them about the time lag, they say that selling the PC version two or three years after the release of the PS version is accepted favorably.

While Sony was always clear that at least the single player exclusives would continue launching on console first and PC later, we were hoping the port timing would shrink rather than expand. The first big first-party game ported to PC, Horizon Zero Dawn, landed on the platform over three years after its debut on PlayStation.

However, the most recent port (Housemarque's Returnal) took less than two years. In October 2022, PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst said the single player PS5 games would keep at least one year of exclusivity on the console, sparking hope that the wait time could become even shorter. Ryan's fresh statement doesn't exactly inspire confidence on that count, especially pared with Hulst saying earlier this month that the decision to port a game on PC would be made case by case.

Still, given the success of most PlayStation releases, we'd be surprised if any games didn't eventually make it. It'll just take a few years.

As an aside, Jim Ryan also revealed today that Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima has sold over one million copies in Japan, showing that the Seattle-based studio managed to win the hearts of Japanese gamers with their excellent adaptation of the Mongol invasion. Ghost of Tsushima is being adapted into a live action movie directed by John Wick's Chad Stahelski.

Thanks PC fans for being so patient while we're enjoying our games first 😂

9/2022 - The Last of Us Part 1 Remake for PS5

03/2023 - The Last of Us Part 1 Remake for PC

Down to only 6 months now. Day and date coming up with PS5 multiplayer exclusives!

Thank you Lyin' Jim Ryan!

You always run to TLoU pt 1 for ownage. 😂😂😂

What about GT7, and Demon Souls. I know that Rift Apart is coming to the pc, but when, seeing that it came to the ps5 in 2021.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10615 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Antwan3K said:

imagine bragging about timed exclusives.. 🤭

at any rate, glad to hear those games are coming to PC.. i'll continue to support PlayStation there 👍

aren't you bragging about Microsoft buying the market and giving us exclusives like Redfall?

RedFall isn't exclusive to one piece of plastic.. it's available on console, PC, and cloud.. in this digital age, i prefer having access to games and content on as many of screens as possible..

it seems like you're salty about PlayStation no longer supporting "exclusives".. 🤷‍♂️ the best you have now are timed-exclusives.. and no true PC gamer is going to buy your precious console when they know they've got a superior version coming to PC eventually..

You might be right but there’s another correct observation to take note of as well.

Seeing the massive success with the ps5 and consumers, it seems that ”timed exclusives“ isn’ hampering the demand for the ps5 at all.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

Nope.

But hey keep trying.

How are you enjoying flop-spoken?

🤣🤣🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8079 Posts

@ermacness: yeah, that's because the PC market and console market are seperate..

Sony could do Day and Day PC releases and the PS5 would still sell the same.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

They are just slowly (but surely) leading the console fanboys to water because Sony is waaaaaaayyy better at PR and marketing than Microsoft.

Day and Date is coming (imo) because not every game is going to be a generational banger like God of War.. We are already seeing disminished returns on old ports of the rest of Playstation games.. At least Day and Date ensures PC gamers buy Sony titles during the launch hype..

eventually Sony will stop leaving that money on the table just for fanboy wars..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12963 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan was featured in an interviewpublished today by Japanese website Famitsu.

The interviewer went through various topics, including the improved supply chain of PS5 consoles. Ryan highlighted that the PlayStation 5 had registered the best start ever for a Sony console, despite those supply chain issues encountered in the first couple of years since the hardware's debut

Sony plans to maintain favorable momentum thanks to upcoming PS5 exclusives like Koei Tecmo's Rise of the Ronin (due next year), Square Enix's Final Fantasy XVI (due on June 22nd), and Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (likely due in September; we'll know more next week at the PlayStation Showcase). On the latter game, Ryan said it would fully utilize the PS5's features to provide a 'wonderful experience' according to feedback from gamers (perhaps during testing).

Later in the interview, the executive mentioned Sony's plan to increase PS5 exclusives while keeping PC ports staggered. He added that PC fans didn't mind waiting two or three years to play those games on their platform.

We also fully understand the importance of PS5 exclusive titles. As I mentioned earlier, PlayStation Studios' main responsibility is to have people enjoy the game experience using the latest PS. We are increasing the number of PS5 exclusive titles and staggering the release of the PC version.

I often have the opportunity to ask game fans for their opinions, and when I ask them about the time lag, they say that selling the PC version two or three years after the release of the PS version is accepted favorably.

While Sony was always clear that at least the single player exclusives would continue launching on console first and PC later, we were hoping the port timing would shrink rather than expand. The first big first-party game ported to PC, Horizon Zero Dawn, landed on the platform over three years after its debut on PlayStation.

However, the most recent port (Housemarque's Returnal) took less than two years. In October 2022, PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst said the single player PS5 games would keep at least one year of exclusivity on the console, sparking hope that the wait time could become even shorter. Ryan's fresh statement doesn't exactly inspire confidence on that count, especially pared with Hulst saying earlier this month that the decision to port a game on PC would be made case by case.

Still, given the success of most PlayStation releases, we'd be surprised if any games didn't eventually make it. It'll just take a few years.

As an aside, Jim Ryan also revealed today that Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima has sold over one million copies in Japan, showing that the Seattle-based studio managed to win the hearts of Japanese gamers with their excellent adaptation of the Mongol invasion. Ghost of Tsushima is being adapted into a live action movie directed by John Wick's Chad Stahelski.

Down to only 6 months now. Day and date coming up with PS5 multiplayer exclusives!

What about GT7, and Demon Souls. I know that Rift Apart is coming to the pc, but when, seeing that it came to the ps5 in 2021.

Just posting facts. They also said day and date for PlayStation Studio multiplayer games on PC and PS5. So it looks like sooner than later now, and Jim Ryan is just full of it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Hopefully they show a couple games worth playing... every day I'm more and more tempted to just switch to full on PC and Nintendo only after years of getting every console possible. Tired of the lies, excuses, delays, and long waits between anything I'm even halfway interested in. 3rd parties have pretty much carried SONY and Xbkx for the last few years in my opinion.

That said they better kill this damn show after a year and a half of absolutely nothing. Feels like the early days of the PS3 all over again, but since the console is selling so well why should they try?

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: So, you've finally admitted you are a cow. Wonderful.

This is a big step for you to acknowledge past lies.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

That said they better kill this damn show after a year and a half of absolutely nothing. Feels like the early days of the PS3 all over again, but since the console is selling so well why should they try?

Sony's tend to be a heavier hitter at and past the halfway mark of their consoles lifecycles, in my experience.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@dabear said:

He is not a cow. He does own an Xbox, and most likely uses it more often than you, dabear.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#97 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

Just posting facts. They also said day and date for PlayStation Studio multiplayer games on PC and PS5. So it looks like sooner than later now, and Jim Ryan is just full of it.

Jim isn't lying considering what led him to giving that response.

The interviewer said they'd like to see more PS5-exclusive and he basically replied, "yes, there will be more PS5 exclusives and, those will be staggered on PC". That doesn't conflict with their live service games releasing day one on PC. There'a also additional context layered throughout the interview that makes it pretty clear they are talking about single player exclusives.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#98 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12963 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

Jim isn't lying considering what led him to giving that response.

The interviewer said they'd like to see more PS5-exclusive and he basically replied, "yes, there will be more PS5 exclusives and, those will be staggered on PC". That doesn't conflict with their live service games releasing day one on PC. There'a also additional context layered throughout the interview that makes it pretty clear they are talking about single player exclusives.

TLOU 1 Remake for PS5 came out onto PC 6 months later, and is a single player exclusive.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

He is not a cow. He does own an Xbox, and most likely uses it more often than you, dabear.

He does not own an XBox. He even went as far as to post his XBox card - without his gamer tag (because he got it from someone else). He had no problem posting his PS account profile, with gamer tag, though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

He does not own an XBox. He even went as far as to post his XBox card - without his gamer tag (because he got it from someone else). He had no problem posting his PS account profile, with gamer tag, though.

As a ps5 owner myself, i can easily sense when someone is a cow or not. He is not one. He has been praising his underpowered Switch more often than the ps5 as of late.