It's Official, PS3 now in 2nd place

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

Doesnt matter the PS3 will end up selling more then the Wii, just like I said it would outsell the 360.

rumbalumba

Doesnt matter. Wii still outsold the PS3 despite releasing later.

yessss...feel that butthurt flow through your body. good luck playing Gears 10, Halo 14, Fable 22, and Forza 101 on your 720. xD

IDK if Im even buying the next xbox. Unlike you fanboys Im gonna compare and see which console is better and then make a decision. If all else fails Ill just stick to PC. I know you're mad that the PS3 was killed by an inferior system but keep your head up, better luck next gen. ;)
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Kinda funny how this thread exploded, when it's based off an insanely high estimate. An estimate made by the people who brought you this in 2008.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Word, you cows need to do better. Cheleman

let me get some of thatCup_zpsd1aac5fb.png

Drink up, theres plenty:cool:

Anyone else?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

If the guy that makes the system says it then it's true. He knows more about games than anyone here lol. There is no way they can damage control this.

ShadowMoses900

So you can play wii games on a gamecube?

No. But that has nothing to do with what Miyamoto said, he stated they are the same. In fact if you took out the motion control aspect from Wii games, they could all be played on a Gamecube in theory because they are the same power.

They're not,Wii's more powerful
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

7th gen consoles

6th gen consoles

mems_1224

Want me to edit that to make it accurate?

Its already accurate. You're wrong, nothing you say or do can change the fact that you're wrong.

Well I can change that to say I'm right and I am right, this is the HD generation, the wii need not apply.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 mems_1224

If the guy that makes the system says it then it's true. He knows more about games than anyone here lol. There is no way they can damage control this.

ShadowMoses900

So you can play wii games on a gamecube?

No. But that has nothing to do with what Miyamoto said, he stated they are the same. In fact if you took out the motion control aspect from Wii games, they could all be played on a Gamecube in theory because they are the same power.

And really to argue against Miyamoto is just downright stupid.

When you can play a wii game on a gamecube then you will have an argument. Until then you are wrong no matter what straw you try to grasp.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]When I can play a Wii game on a Gamecube I will admit that Im wrong. Until then, you're wrong. You need to two biggest sony fanboy trolls to back your weak argument up? :lol:Assassin_87

You mean arguably the two most reasonable System Warriors there are? I've only ever seen them tell it like it is. And this is how it is: Sony is winning. The end.

AAA exclusives, fabulously engineered hardware, the world's most powerful dedicated gaming handheld.

Sony has it all.

Sony is winning what? It was outsold by the wii and it has a much weaker library compared to the pc and 360.
Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#208 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

When you can play a wii game on a gamecube then you will have an argument. Until then you are wrong no matter what straw you try to grasp. mems_1224

Clearly you're the one grasping at straws. If MS is last place against Sony alone, then the pain can subside somewhat. So why don't you just agree? Wii was last gen, and everyone knows it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#209 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="rumbalumba"]

yeah, the year its game won GOTY on IGN and Gamespot and some other sites.

rumbalumba

Still didn't have as many GOTY awards as The Walking Dead

ROFL downplaying Journey's wins while 360 has no games winning a single GOTY on any site. pathetic! xD

Overhyping Journey while downplaying the rest of the crap exclusives that PS3 had this year? Pathetic! xD

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="GD1551"]

GD1551

Its already accurate. You're wrong, nothing you say or do can change the fact that you're wrong.

Well I can change that to say I'm right and I am right, this is the HD generation, the wii need not apply.

Its not the HD generation when more than half the games this gen aren't HD
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its already accurate. You're wrong, nothing you say or do can change the fact that you're wrong. mems_1224

But the other half are so... yeah, as opposed to no wii games.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

Kinda funny how this thread exploded, when it's based off an insanely high estimate. An estimate made by the people who brought you this in 2008.

Thefatness16

sw really needs more of these hilarious threads. one guy predicts that the ps3 sold 7 million in a month, but to the the bovines it's just as good as an official report from sony. :lol:

it's actually amazing how offended cows get when someone points out that this is actually just a analyst's prediction. :P

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#213 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] So you can play wii games on a gamecube?mems_1224

When you can play a wii game on a gamecube then you will have an argument. Until then you are wrong no matter what straw you try to grasp.

You can. Zelda Twilight Princess is on both Wii and Gamecube, they are exaclty the same. Only difference is the Wii version is "mirrored" in the opposite direction to the GameCube verison, I know this because I own it on both systems. Had it on Gamecube first and got it on Wii later.

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Wii version - YouTube

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess - Gameplay GameCube...

You can see for yourself side by side: Twilight Princess Intro - Wii vs GameCube - YouTube

They are the same. Even Miyamoto said the Wii was just a Gamecube.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Assassin_87

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Its already accurate. You're wrong, nothing you say or do can change the fact that you're wrong. mems_1224

BUT, close to half the console games were HD. If we consider that no games the gen before on consoles were HD, then I think it can safely be said that only consoles which might potentially put out HD resolutions need apply for the seventh gen.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]When you can play a wii game on a gamecube then you will have an argument. Until then you are wrong no matter what straw you try to grasp. Assassin_87

Clearly you're the one grasping at straws. If MS is last place against Sony alone, then the pain can subside somewhat. So why don't you just agree? Wii was last gen, and everyone knows it.

Wii was last gen, along with the PS3 and 360. However you want to twist your argument it still makes the PS3 look bad. Either the PS3 got owned by a console from a previous gen or the PS3 got owned by a console from the same gen. Either way, the PS3 got owned.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#216 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

GD1551

I can go to the Water wikipedia page and change it to say that water is not wet. That doesn't mean I'm right though

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Doesnt matter. Wii outsold the PS3.mems_1224

Doesnt matter the PS3 will end up selling more then the Wii, just like I said it would outsell the 360.

Um it came out like 1 month later , stop being so buthurt the PS3 will probably outsell the Wii by 2014.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 mems_1224

GD1551

But the other half are so... yeah, as opposed to no wii games.

Doesn't matter.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 GD1551

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

KarateeeChop

sw really needs more of these hilarious threads. one guy predicts that the ps3 sold 7 million in a month, but to the the bovines it's just as good as an official report from sony. :lol:

it's actually amazing how offended cows get when someone points out that this is actually just a analyst's prediction. :P

You are just trying to justify your silly sig. No harm done, it was second place most of the time, but now you have to update it.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Assassin_87

You can. Zelda Twilight Princess is on both Wii and Gamecube, they are exaclty the same. Only difference is the Wii version is "mirrored" in the opposite direction to the GameCube verison, I know this because I own it on both systems. Had it on Gamecube first and got it on Wii later.

You can see for yourself side by side: Twilight Princess Intro - Wii vs GameCube - YouTube

ShadowMoses900

My man, coming in with facts and links. No chance anyone would be dull enough to try and refute absolute proof being thrown in their faces.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 GD1551

Doesn't matter. mems_1224

Does matter sir. It's the HD generation.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#222 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Thefatness16

Don't even bother, I already tried.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 mems_1224

ShadowMoses900

Nope, not the same game.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Assassin_87

My man, coming in with facts and links. No chance anyone would be dull enough to try and refute absolute proof being thrown in their faces.

Oh he'll make some excuse. He always does.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 mems_1224

AM-Gamer

Um it came out like 1 month later , stop being so buthurt the PS3 will probably outsell the Wii by 2014.

Doesnt matter. later is later no matter how long it is. Cow made a big deal about that.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]When I can play a Wii game on a Gamecube I will admit that Im wrong. Until then, you're wrong. You need to two biggest sony fanboy trolls to back your weak argument up? :lol:mems_1224

You mean arguably the two most reasonable System Warriors there are? I've only ever seen them tell it like it is. And this is how it is: Sony is winning. The end.

AAA exclusives, fabulously engineered hardware, the world's most powerful dedicated gaming handheld.

Sony has it all.

Sony is winning what? It was outsold by the wii and it has a much weaker library compared to the pc and 360.

much weaker? in what way? the ps3 has a much more diverse library than the 360...

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] When you can play a wii game on a gamecube then you will have an argument. Until then you are wrong no matter what straw you try to grasp. mems_1224

Nope, not the same game.

LMAO just like I said.

And you didn't even watch the videos, they are the same. Just one is mirrored in the opposite direction but they are on the same engine and everything.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Assassin_87"]

Sony has it all.

lazerface216

much weaker? in what way? the ps3 has a much more diverse library than the 360...

prove it
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 mems_1224

ShadowMoses900

Nope, not the same game.

LMAO just like I said.

And you didn't even watch the videos, they are the same. Just one is mirrored in the opposite direction but they are on the same engine and everything.

I cannot play my wii copy of twilight princess on the gamecube with motion controls. Not the same game. Sorry cow.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Doesnt matter. Wii still outsold the PS3 despite releasing later. mems_1224

Doesnt matter. later is later no matter how long it is. Cow made a big deal about that.

LMAO they made a big deal about it coming out 1 year later not one month, good lord you are so butthurt you can't even make a logical argument although I dont think you ever could. Regardless i told you id rub it when when this day came and it did so go hide behind the Wii now which is fine its going to get curb stomped to as it has no life left whatsoever.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#231 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Really, this is kind of suprising.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 mems_1224

AM-Gamer

LMAO they made a big deal about it coming out 1 year later not one month, good lord you are so butthurt you can't even make a logical argument although I dont think you ever could. Regardless i told you id rub it when when this day came and it did so go hide behind the Wii now which is fine its going to get curb stomped to as it has no life left whatsoever.

doesnt matter. wii outsold the ps3
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#234 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Stevo_the_gamer

You're right. Just gonna sit back and watch the stupidity.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Sony is winning what? It was outsold by the wii and it has a much weaker library compared to the pc and 360. mems_1224

prove it

lol you prove your original statement. you know where this is headed.....

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mems_1224

kingoflife9

doesnt matter. wii outsold the ps3

Who bought the wii? Soccer moms bought it from home shopping network, the wii was the least played console, averaging about an hour per week. The wii did not matter.

I would love to see you prove that :lol:
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#238 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

Thefatness16

that almost looks like sam fisher in your avatar. what's it from? ;o

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Sony is winning what? It was outsold by the wii and it has a much weaker library compared to the pc and 360. mems_1224

prove it

Both systems have pretty much the same library, but if you compare the exclusives the PS3 covers more genres.

You have platformers like Sly, Rachet, LBP.....

You have adventure games like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.....

You have "Art house" games like Journey and Flower.....

You have action adventure like Uncharted.....

You have survival-horror like The Last of Us......

You have open world sandbox games like Infamous.....

You have FPS like Killzone and Resistance......

With 360 you have FPS and TPS mostly with the occasional exception being "Alan Wake" which went is multiplat (by SW standards anyway). Not many platformers or art house games or open sandbox or survival horror or any of those other genres I mentioned besides FPS or TPS.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 mems_1224

[QUOTE="Thefatness16"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Don't even bother, I already tried.

KarateeeChop

that almost looks like sam fisher in your avatar. what's it from? ;o

I think thats from the Dark Souls 2 trailer
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

ShadowMoses900

prove it

Both systems have pretty much the same library, but if you compare the exclusives the PS3 covers more genres.

You have platformers like Sly, Rachet, LBP.....

You have adventure games like Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.....

You have "Art house" games like Journey and Flower.....

You have action adventure like Uncharted.....

You have survival-horror like The Last of Us......

You have open world sandbox games like Infamous.....

You have FPS like Killzone and Resistance......

With 360 you have FPS and TPS mostly with the occasional exception being "Alan Wake" which went is multiplat (by SW standards anyway). Not many platformers or art house games or open sandbox or survival horror or any of those other genres I mentioned besides FPS or TPS.

cool story bro.
platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

fvcking hell, already 200+ posts...

Cows really love sales.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mems_1224

Cows really love sales.

platniumgamer
Should be a good read. They pretty much just s*** all over themselves in this thread :lol:
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Nope, not the same game. mems_1224

LMAO just like I said.

I cannot play my wii copy of twilight princess on the gamecube with motion controls. Not the same game. Sorry cow.

I own both versions....they have the same graphics and gameplay and dungeons and everything. They are the same game. Sorry lem. In fact I think you can even plug in a Gamecube controller on the Wii and play Twilight Princess with it.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

Thefatness16

Kudos for tryin'. Nothing can stop this cow circlejerk though.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 AM-Gamer

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] doesnt matter. wii outsold the ps3mems_1224

Who bought the wii? Soccer moms bought it from home shopping network, the wii was the least played console, averaging about an hour per week. The wii did not matter.

I would love to see you prove that :lol:

LMAO really bro? How about dead last sales for the past 3 years in a row and the shortest lifespan of any of the current consoles or no 3rd party support?

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

Congrats to Sony but this victory sort of seems hollow to me knowing that Sony's Playstation division reported a 2.8 billion dollar loss last year.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-10-sony-playstation-division-suffers-full-year-USD2-8bn-loss

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#248 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Cows really love sales.

mems_1224
Should be a good read. They pretty much just s*** all over themselves in this thread :lol:

Lol you really are quite mad aren't you. You aren't even speaking any sense.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 mems_1224

LMAO just like I said.

ShadowMoses900

I own both versions....they have the same graphics and gameplay and dungeons and everything. They are the same game. Sorry lem. In fact I think you can even plug in a Gamecube controller on the Wii and play Twilight Princess with it.

Im sure you do. Just like you own a 360 and gaming PC :lol:
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#250 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

I remember when sheep used to brag about sales, they would face a barrage of "you can't play sales" comments from the lems and cows. Suddenly, sales are the most important thing among these two now. I both love and hate System Wars sometimes.