Is Spiderman the biggest megaton exclusive of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@recloud said:

@quadknight: it's IpDaiRy or commander, I guarantee it

It’s either one of those two clowns ?.

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@quadknight said:

??? Hey guys, I think I found i_p_dairy. He’s the deranged lem screaming about Spiderman in this YouTube video...

Loading Video...

Lems are losing their minds over this game. It eats away at them that a franchise they actually love is exclusive to PS4. And we've still got 3 weeks to go. Just wait till reviews drop and this game is getting 9's everywhere.

Launch day for this game will be a riot ???

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 QuadKnight

@lundy86_4 said:

Is that vid just entirely reaction vids to his points? That's pretty fucking sad. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but not actually posting a rebuttal and waiting for people to scuttle up your ass in support? Holy shit.

Watch the entire video, the guy who posted it does quite a few rebuttals. There isn’t much to say tho’ since the game isn’t officially out yet which makes the loony lem’s meltdown even more hilarious. The lem is so convinced the game will be trash and be a failure based on trailers and clips he’s seen on a YouTube ?.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@quadknight: What the hell is wrong with people?

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@Zero_epyon: it’s not people. It’s xboners. They are the biggest lunatics in gaming.

“I witnessed the greatest line up in Xbox history” t shirts. It doesn’t get lower than this

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon said:

? That’s lems for you. They probably had no idea this Spiderman was going to be a true PS exclusive all this time. They probably thought it was a timed Sony exclusive like Crash Bandicoot. As the launch draws closer and we get to see the nature of the deal Sony made with Marvel, it’s beginning to dawn on them that this is another epic Sony exclusive that they’ll never get to play on their Xbones.

The meltdowns are going to get worse when the reviews come out and it starts getting stellar scores. I can’t wait to hear how Sony is ”bribing” videogame reviewers to give this game good scores. It will even be more sad when the sales numbers are announced and they are astronomic. I’m just loving all the delicious salty lem tears lol. The meltdowns for this game will be even more than GOW and UC4 since Spiderman is such a popular popculture icon and superhero.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@quadknight: This is just the beginning too. It was confirmed somewhere that is is a multi-game deal with Sony and Insomniac. There are also hints in the launch trailer that this will extend beyond just Spidey games in the future with the Avengers and Doctor Strange buildings being in it. Imagine them giving it the full MCU treatment for games exclusive to Sony consoles.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 QuadKnight

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@quadknight: This is just the beginning too. It was confirmed somewhere that is is a multi-game deal with Sony and Insomniac. There are also hints in the launch trailer that this will extend beyond just Spidey games in the future with the Avengers and Doctor Strange buildings being in it. Imagine them giving it the full MCU treatment for games exclusive to Sony consoles.

? Holy shit! Things are about to get really hilarious here.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Zero_epyon

@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

? That’s lems for you. They probably had no idea this Spiderman was going to be a true PS exclusive all this time. They probably thought it was a timed Sony exclusive like Crash Bandicoot. As the launch draws closer and we get to see the nature of the deal Sony made with Marvel, it’s beginning to dawn on them that this is another epic Sony exclusive that they’ll never get to play on their Xbones.

The meltdowns are going to get worse when the reviews come out and it starts getting stellar scores. I can’t wait to hear how Sony is ”bribing” videogame reviewers to give this game good scores. It will even be more sad when the sales numbers are announced and they are astronomic. I’m just loving all the delicious salty lem tears lol. The meltdowns for this game will be even more than GOW and UC4 since Spiderman is such a popular popculture icon and superhero.

Dude if anyone should be salty it's me! I thought I could still preorder the damn game a week ago like I did with God of War and all I could preorder was a code or the special addition disc. Now I can't even preorder the special addition disc! I haven't seen anything like this all gen long.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By QuadKnight

@Zero_epyon said:
@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Dude if anyone should be salty it's me! I thought I could still preorder the damn game a week ago like I did with God of War and all I could preorder was a code or the special addition disc. Now I can't even preorder the special addition disc! I haven't seen anything like this all gen long.

It sold out really quick everywhere despite lems being adamant that no one cared for it and it was trash like previous Activision Spider-man games. I’m going to get it digitally though so no worries for me. I’d be pissed as hell if I was trying get the physical of the special edition right now. This game is going to be huge in sales, even bigger than God of War. It even has some non-gaming people I know excited about it just because it has Spider-man in it. My younger bro went out 2 weeks ago and bought a PS4 just to play Spider-man just because the hype was real. He has access to my PS4 Pro but he wanted his own PS4 to play it on.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#210 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Not really getting the hype. Looks very derivative.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Zero_epyon

@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

It sold out really quick everywhere despite lems being adamant that no one cared for it and it was trash like previous Activision Spider-man games. I’m going to get it digitally though so no worries for me. I’d be pissed as hell if I was trying get the physical of the special edition right now. This game is going to be huge in sales, even bigger than God of War. It even has some non-gaming people I know excited about it just because it has Spider-man in it. My younger bro went out 2 weeks ago and bought a PS4 just to play Spider-man just because the hype was real. He has access to my PS4 Pro but he wanted his own PS4 to play it on.

I might have to get the code too. I don't like buying digital but it looks like I might have to in order to play this withing a decent time frame.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 NathanDrakeSwag
@Zero_epyon said:
@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Best Buy still has the physical copy with free release date delivery. Just preordered mine about a week ago. The console and collectors editions are completely sold out everywhere though.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Zero_epyon

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Best Buy still has the physical copy with free release date delivery. Just preordered mine about a week ago. The console and collectors editions are completely sold out everywhere though.

Thanks for that!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@tenaka2 said:

Who the hell plays spiderman games?

Millions of people? That shit was dope on PS2.

Ultimate Spiderman is my favorite Spiderman game

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I just listened to an Xbox fan / fanboy centric podcast , and a question was posed along the lines - If you could only buy 3 upcoming games releasing the rest of the year what would your top 3 be ?

The results -

• Guy #1 - Destiny , Spider-Man , Hitman
  • Guy #2 - Spider-Man , RDR 2 , Fallout 76
  • Guy #3 - Spider-Man , RDR 2 , Smash Bros.
  • Guy #4 - Spider-Man , RDR 2 , Battlefield V
  • Guy #5 (the best bot) - NBA Live , Tomb Raider , Assassins Creed Odyssey

It would appear that it's not only Cows that are interested in playing Spider-Man this year.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Enragedhydra said:

IPdaily is 100% correct, the only reason Playstation owners care about it is because it is exclusive, I never heard about the multiplat Spiderman games for Playstation 3 blowing up. If a game like Spiderman Shattered Dimensions had been released solely for the Playstation 3 I bet Playstation owners would have crapped their bed because to them exclusives matter, after all the Playstation 4 by itself is nothing to write home about. Any medium level PC completely destroys the Playstation. I've been playing HZD and I can only imagine how much better the graphics could be on a PC. Lets be flat out honest most people probably bought a Playstation 4 and a Pro, combining those to around $1000 bucks gets you a mid level PC that could push the graphics of games like HZD, GoW and Spiderman to higher than any console.

1-No he is not and is not different from believing that Ninja Theory is now a great developer,when lemmings on the past have slammed their games as mediocre or bad,now they are great because MS bought them.

2-Because you are blind probably,not only on PS3 but also on PS2 it was a pretty popular game even that it was multiplatform.

3-Any medium PC also destroy the xbox the 1070GTX isn't top of the line,and beat the crap out of the xbox.

4-Most people don't have a Pro they have a PS4 normal,1 out every 5 PS4 owners have a Pro,and from that is impossible to say if every single one owned a normal PS4 first,basically you are pulling things out of your ass.

5-Nice dusted alt account.

@Enragedhydra said:

That means that 14 million people bought Pros that already bought a PS4. Even though 1 in 5 doesn't look like a large number that is a lot of mid level PCs that could still crush a Pro had they gone the PC route. So yes it isn't most owners as you correctly point out but 14 million people isn't a small number of people regardless. It is also telling that there are 14 million morons (give or take, I'm sure someone just bought a Pro and skipped on the PS4) out there that spent $1000 on two consoles. It also should be stated that 1 in 5 and nearly 1 in five are not the same and will skew that number.

Please LINK me to where i can buy a $400 PC that beat the Pro with how expensive GPU are in recent times.

And find me a link to the data that shows that every one of those 14 million Pro owners had a normal PS4 before that.

Just because someone has a Pro doesn't mean it had a normal one before it,and even if it had a normal one,what make you think they didn't sell it and then got a pro? Killing your silly argument in an instant.

@quadknight said:

You were proven wrong, stop your idiotic damage controlling. You said, "most people probably bought a Playstation 4 and a Pro". 20% isn't even close to being most people.

He is just another dusted lemming alt,to scared to post from its original account,there is a ton of lemmings here who use to post just about when the xbox one came out and have vanish,you see now accounts like IP_daily but don't see old lemms like blackace they vanish..hahahaha

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@recloud said:

@drummerdave9099: because sheep don't hype Zelda to the heavens, right? LMAO

They do, but cows are by far the loudest fanbase

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Little kiddies want to play their Spidey game in their jammies with the lights out at moms house.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#219 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@drummerdave9099: actually, no, we just happen to be the majority of the factions.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#220 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Whats Spiderman ?

Avatar image for eyeboonseyebrow
EyeBoonsEyebrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By EyeBoonsEyebrow
Member since 2018 • 280 Posts

Sony is definitely slapping their tip on Microsoft's forehead over and over with this megaton

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 drummerdave9099

@recloud said:

@drummerdave9099: actually, no, we just happen to be the majority of the factions.

If you take the 5 loudest fanboys from every faction on this board, Playstation are the loudest by far

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 ReCloud

@drummerdave9099: not really, all fanboys are the same. It just happens that there are more cows around.

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 drummerdave9099

@recloud said:

@drummerdave9099: not really, all fanboys are the same. It just happens that there are more cows around.

Sony fanboys are a special breed if you can be honest about it

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:
@recloud said:

I guess you weren't around last gen when Lems and Cows were 50-50 here!! They are the same shit, trust me!

drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 drummerdave9099

@ni6htmare01 said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@recloud said:

I guess you weren't around last gen when Lems and Cows were 50-50 here!! They are the same shit, trust me!

Oh for sure they used to be, but not anymore. Lems are mostly in hiding or trying their very hardest, but usually it's self ownage when their hyped games fall in the 60's on metacritic.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/lets-talk-about-how-much-the-nintendo-switch-sucks-33439360/

Here's my evidence. Quadknight, NathanDrakeSwag, Stuff, KnightK, and the rest of the Sony defense force and their hyperactive aggressiveness makes me embarrassed to be a part of the community sometimes.

Remember when A Link Between Worlds beat Last of Us and GTAV for game of the year?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:
@ni6htmare01 said:
@drummerdave9099 said:
@recloud said:

Oh for sure they used to be, but not anymore. Lems are mostly in hiding or trying their very hardest, but usually it's self ownage when their hyped games fall in the 60's on metacritic.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/lets-talk-about-how-much-the-nintendo-switch-sucks-33439360/

Here's my evidence. Quadknight, NathanDrakeSwag, Stuff, KnightK, and the rest of the Sony defense force and their hyperactive aggressiveness makes me embarrassed to be a part of the community sometimes.

Remember when A Link Between Worlds beat Last of Us and GTAV for game of the year?

Cows seems worst now because Playstation has all the advantage and Xbox is just flop after flop and that it lol

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

@quadknight: let's hope that doesn't happen

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

The hype for this game has killed my Interest

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I still cannot even imagine whey anyone thinks that this game is the biggest exclusive of all time...…..weird even by fanboy standards. I honestly do not think that anyone REALLY thinks that.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 NathanDrakeSwag
@mojito1988 said:

I still cannot even imagine whey anyone thinks that this game is the biggest exclusive of all time...…..weird even by fanboy standards. I honestly do not think that anyone REALLY thinks that.

Apparently the Spiderman E3 gameplay video is the most watched E3 trailer in history on YT. People like you are hilariously underestimating how big this game is gonna be.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mojito1988 said:

Apparently the Spiderman E3 gameplay video is the most watched E3 trailer in history on YT. People like you are hilariously underestimating how big this game is gonna be.

I think it will be big. Biggest game of all time? surely you are overestimating just a bit maybe? Now that I think more about it, I could be wrong. The mainstream gamer has very bland tastes with gaming in my opinion. My Favorite games on Ps4 are Disgaea 5, Dragon Quest Builders, and Ratchet and Clank. So this type of game is definitely not targeted at me lol.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#233 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Spiderman is the only supehero that lives with his mother!

-and has never scored....

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#234 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Mario is still the biggest exclusive imo. He almost single handedly keeps Nintendo in business for decades.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#235 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@tormentos said:

Please LINK me to where i can buy a $400 PC that beat the Pro with how expensive GPU are in recent times.

You know that isn't going to happen. However, I would like to point out that GPU prices (in the US at least) are at or below MSRP. It's been that way for months now due to a surplus of (soon to be outdated) Nvidia Pascal GPUs as well as AMD Polaris GPUs.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts
@henrythefifth said:

Good guy

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 ReCloud

@The_Stand_In: PC gamers are delusional

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Yup, anything less than a 10/10 and this will be the FOAT. lol :P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@quadknight said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I might have to get the code too. I don't like buying digital but it looks like I might have to in order to play this withing a decent time frame.

I got the the digital version anyways since I went all digital this gen and glad I don't have to worry about all pre-orders are sold out anymore :)

I actually just bought the game through PSN.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#240 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

@henrythefifth said:

I think you meant to say that Spiderman lives with Aunt May if I recall correctly.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#241 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:
@henrythefifth said:

I think you meant to say that Spiderman lives with Aunt May if I recall correctly.

And he killed MJ with his Radio Active Spider sperm.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 NathanDrakeSwag
@cainetao11 said:

Mario is still the biggest exclusive imo. He almost single handedly keeps Nintendo in business for decades.

Mario only does as well as the console its on. When Nintendo makes a console that people just don't want to buy (WiiU, GC) Mario only sells 5-6 million LTD. Which is still a good number but one that tons of other games match or outsell.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

Nah GTA III on PS2 and San Andreas before they came to xbox were bigger exclusives.

And Madden on PS2 during Dreamcast's days almost single handedly led to it's demise.

Spiderman is a big and surprizing excluisve, but isn't going to have the effect that GTA or Madden did when they were exclusive to PS2. Xbox one is already on life support.

Also have to shot out MGS4 on PS3. It marked the turn around point for PS3 leading it's way back against the 360 to reclaim market share in the console industry.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#244 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@cainetao11 said:

Mario only does as well as the console its on. When Nintendo makes a console that people just don't want to buy (WiiU, GC) Mario only sells 5-6 million LTD. Which is still a good number but one that tons of other games match or outsell.

doesn't change what I said. Mario has kept Nintendo going for 40 years

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@PinchySkree said:

When you keep a game exclusive to bait sales a of system when the technology means it could run on anything

PC doesn't need to do this, consoles are just too shit to run it's exclusives

Can you post me a screen shot of a released PC exclusive that consoles are just too shit to run?

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#246  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@PinchySkree said:

When you keep a game exclusive to bait sales a of system when the technology means it could run on anything

PC doesn't need to do this, consoles are just too shit to run it's exclusives

Can you post me a screen shot of a released PC exclusive that consoles are just too shit to run?

https://www.google.com/search?q=RTS+games

https://www.google.com/search?q=MMO+games

Worst version of all multiplatform releases

Console only gaming is sad

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The reason it is in the discussion is because it isn't your typical exclusive. It's based on a Disney/Marvel property and not something created by first party. This is something that no one ever could have possibly predicted before it was officially announced.

The last time we saw an exclusive of this magnitude was probably on the PS2 when the GTA games were exclusive for a full year before going to Xbox. However this game will never be appearing on any other platforms.

With the recent yet again rebooted Spider-Man movies and hype surrounding around The Avengers Saga which included the newest version of Spider-Man, it's not really surprising that Marvel wanted to keep the hype going with Spider-Man in video games. With Columbia Pictures owning rights to the Spider-Man films for the longest time, Columbia Pictures which belongs to Sony, it's not surprising nor unpredictable a new Spider-Man for a Sony system was in the works. The opportunities were just there for these companies to come together.

This isn't even the first Spider-Man game as an exclusive to one platform. There are over a dozen of Spider-Man games that were exclusive to one platform over the years. Insomniac which is a multiplat developer is even using a modified version of their Sunset Overdrive game engine for this. So this game will feel like and move like Sunset Overdrive, a game that isn't playable on any PlayStation. With that said, I'm excited for the game. Since this coming out soon, I'll pick it up during the Black Friday holiday sales, after knocking out some backlog of games.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 ReCloud

@PinchySkree: paying more than $500 to game is sad...

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

The game is super over-hyped and will most likely super over-flop.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 NathanDrakeSwag
@XenoNinja said:

The game is super over-hyped and will most likely super over-flop.

This post hasn't aged well.