Is Spiderman the biggest megaton exclusive of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@i_p_daily: what an asshurt meltdown. Please cry more LMAO

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#152 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm really struggling to give a shit about Spiderman. nothing shown so far has me interested. swinging around the city could be fun I guess.

probably doesn't help that I dislike Marvel and superheroes in general.

think i'll pass on this one

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#153 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@recloud said:

@i_p_daily: what an asshurt meltdown. Please cry more LMAO

You debate like a child as in when it doesn't go your way, you resort to saying people are having a meltdown, quick call in mummy cow quack she will provide a teat to suckle on LOL

Drink up little one, gulp, gulp lol.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts
@sts106mat said:
@sakaixx said:

Rise of tomb raider effect is bigger. I mean the official blog got downvoted so hard it crashed because there were many people commenting at the same time and caused the dev issue an assurance its not going to be forever exclusive to xbox even though they are still under contract with xbox.

It only sold over 1 million in december too as announced by microsoft. Very poor move, never side with microsoft.

I never take advise from someone with a japanese inspired user name

@sts106mat:Why not? I am asian by blood. Also it is in context of games and xbox poor media perception in the market then.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 ReCloud

@i_p_daily: using jpegs as a reply? What a hypocrite LMAO

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

will it be as big as 5million of war?

lol

Go play with your cardboard

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

Im not really sold into this spidey. Not yet. Im thinking it could be another infamous SS. nonetheless, its gonna be way better than other spidey games.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

No, it's not.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

And to think that the cows tried to argue that Spider-Man always mattered when i said it only matters now because its an exclusive.

This is the second SM thread this week from this particular cow. Yeah cows you keep telling yourselves that SM always mattered lol.

^ ^ You're not helping your argument with this butthurt essay.

IPdaily is 100% correct, the only reason Playstation owners care about it is because it is exclusive, I never heard about the multiplat Spiderman games for Playstation 3 blowing up. If a game like Spiderman Shattered Dimensions had been released solely for the Playstation 3 I bet Playstation owners would have crapped their bed because to them exclusives matter, after all the Playstation 4 by itself is nothing to write home about. Any medium level PC completely destroys the Playstation. I've been playing HZD and I can only imagine how much better the graphics could be on a PC. Lets be flat out honest most people probably bought a Playstation 4 and a Pro, combining those to around $1000 bucks gets you a mid level PC that could push the graphics of games like HZD, GoW and Spiderman to higher than any console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#162  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Enragedhydra: Ye but it's not that would make Sony exclusives to magically appear on PC.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ReCloud
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

And to think that the cows tried to argue that Spider-Man always mattered when i said it only matters now because its an exclusive.

This is the second SM thread this week from this particular cow. Yeah cows you keep telling yourselves that SM always mattered lol.

IPdaily is 100% correct, the only reason Playstation owners care about it is because it is exclusive, I never heard about the multiplat Spiderman games for Playstation 3 blowing up. If a game like Spiderman Shattered Dimensions had been released solely for the Playstation 3 I bet Playstation owners would have crapped their bed because to them exclusives matter, after all the Playstation 4 by itself is nothing to write home about. Any medium level PC completely destroys the Playstation. I've been playing HZD and I can only imagine how much better the graphics could be on a PC. Lets be flat out honest most people probably bought a Playstation 4 and a Pro, combining those to around $1000 bucks gets you a mid level PC that could push the graphics of games like HZD, GoW and Spiderman to higher than any console.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/06/ps4-pro-represents-nearly-one-in-every-five-ps4s-sold

One in every 5, meaning most didn't buy a pro. Meaning that the base constitutes the majority of ps4s out there.

Do your research.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

You never heard about the other Spiderman games because they were cash grab garbage games made by Activision.

This the first proper AAA Spider-man game we are ever getting and it's being made by a competent dev too (Insomniac). It's similar to how we got shitty Batman games at first for decades until Rocksteady decided to try their hands at a proper AAA Batman game with the Arkham games. Ipdairy is wrong as usual and so are you. If every PS exclusive got Spiderman levels of hype, people would be hyping trash games like Knack and it would have 35 million views on Youtube like Spiderman currently has on one of its videos.

As for your shitpost about PC gaming, that's completely irrelevant and stupid. Most people own just a PS4 and not even the PS4 Pro. The X and the Pro have very low levels of market penetration. The overwhelming number of consoles sold in the wild are the regular base consoles. I own a high end PC myself, and one of the reasons I own a PS4 Pro is because PCs don't get AAA exclusives on the same level as GOW, HZD, and Spiderman. Mentioning a PC version of those games is moot since the only games we get nowadays on PC that's exclusive are MOBAs, MMOs, and RTSs which I despise. The only major PC AAA exclusive outside of those genres is Star Citizen, which I'm currently in the Alpha for, and is many years away from release. Spare me the PC master race bullshit talk since Spiderman has nothing to do with PC gaming.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts
@knight-k said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol

The cardboard which outsold Sony's God of War on its home turf?

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@recloud said:
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/06/ps4-pro-represents-nearly-one-in-every-five-ps4s-sold

One in every 5, meaning most didn't buy a pro. Meaning that the base constitutes the majority of ps4s out there.

Do your research.

That means that 14 million people bought Pros that already bought a PS4. Even though 1 in 5 doesn't look like a large number that is a lot of mid level PCs that could still crush a Pro had they gone the PC route. So yes it isn't most owners as you correctly point out but 14 million people isn't a small number of people regardless. It is also telling that there are 14 million morons (give or take, I'm sure someone just bought a Pro and skipped on the PS4) out there that spent $1000 on two consoles. It also should be stated that 1 in 5 and nearly 1 in five are not the same and will skew that number.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ReCloud
@Enragedhydra said:
@recloud said:
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:

Do your research.

That means that 14 million people bought Pros that already bought a PS4. Even though 1 in 5 doesn't look like a large number that is a lot of mid level PCs that could still crush a Pro had they gone the PC route. So yes it isn't most owners as you correctly point out but 14 million people isn't a small number of people regardless. It is also telling that there are 14 million morons (give or take, I'm sure someone just bought a Pro and skipped on the PS4) out there that spent $1000 on two consoles. It also should be stated that 1 in 5 and nearly 1 in five are not the same and could skew that number.

Can you prove most upgraded their PS4s? And it's irrelevant. PC has nothing to do with this. People that play on ps4 don't care about PCs. PCs are overpriced machines with no value at all to me.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By QuadKnight
@Enragedhydra said:
@recloud said:
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Do your research.

That means that 14 million people people bought Pros that already bought a PS4. Even though 1 in 5 doesn't look like a large number that is a lot of mid level PCs that could still crush a Pro had they gone the PC route. So yes it isn't most owners as you correctly point out but 14 million people isn't a small number of people regardless. It is also telling that there are 14 million morons (give or take, I'm sure someone just bought a Pro and skipped on the PS4) out there that spent $1000 on two consoles. It also should be stated that 1 in 5 and nearly 1 in five are not the same and could skew that number.

You were proven wrong, stop your idiotic damage controlling. You said, "most people probably bought a Playstation 4 and a Pro". 20% isn't even close to being most people.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By QuadKnight
@mandzilla said:
@knight-k said:
@KBFloYd said:

lol

The cardboard which outsold Sony's God of War on its home turf?

? More like the cardboard that was outsold by GOW in 3 days...

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@mandzilla: God of War has outsold everygame on the Switch in WW sales so far.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mandzilla  Moderator

@quadknight: Except in Nintendo-land, I mean Japan.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 QuadKnight
@mandzilla said:

No one outside of Japan gives a crap. Worldwide numbers are the only numbers that matter.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 mandzilla  Moderator
@blackhairedhero said:

What is its WW sales total sitting at now?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 mandzilla  Moderator
@quadknight said:
@mandzilla said:

No one outside of Japan gives a crap. Worldwide numbers are the only numbers that matter.

Okay, so Sony cares then? Maybe they should put out another handheld. Spiderman on the go.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Blackhairedhero

@mandzilla: Last official numbers were over 5 million but it's stated in the top 10 for two months after that. I would guess near 7 million now but not sure.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 QuadKnight

@blackhairedhero: Dude, your damage control is weak. Give it a rest lol.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 mandzilla  Moderator

@blackhairedhero: Okay, well those are impressive numbers for sure. However, it still hasn't outsold Mario Odyssey >11 million, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe >10 million or Breath of the Wild >9 million.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@blackhairedhero: Okay, well those are impressive numbers for sure. However, it still hasn't outsold Mario Odyssey >11 million, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe >10 million or Breath of the Wild >9 million.

Umm those numbers for those games are life time...that 5 mil number for God of War was after the first month...just saying.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Blackhairedhero

@mandzilla: It reached half the lifetime sales of those games in one month. By holiday this year it will most likely be ahead of all of them.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By tgob89

@blackhairedhero said:

@mandzilla: It reached half the lifetime sales of those games in one month. By holiday this year it will most likely be ahead of all of them.

The only thing that may be stopping Spiderman from getting the same results as GOW is competing with RDR 2 for holiday dollars but it will still be close to GOW's reception.

Gow and Spiderman are Sony's Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey for sales success in 2018. Only difference is Sony's Mario (Spiderman) has competition during the holiday.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 mandzilla  Moderator

@blackhairedhero: @tgob89:

Fair enough, we shall have to wait and see. For what it's worth, I did say that they were impressive sales figures though lol.

@blackhairedhero said:

Anyway, I was responding to Blackhairedhero's post. Mario is a pretty popular dude.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 mandzilla  Moderator

@tgob89: @blackhairedhero: I could be completely wrong, just haven't been able to find sales numbers for God of War in July.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By tgob89

@quadknight said:
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

You never heard about the other Spiderman games because they were cash grab garbage games made by Activision.

This the first proper AAA Spider-man game we are ever getting and it's being made by a competent dev too (Insomniac). It's similar to how we got shitty games Batman games at first for decades until Rocksteady decided to try their hands at a proper AAA Batman game with the Arkham games. Ipdairy is wrong as usual and so are you. If every PS exclusive got Spiderman levels of hype, people would be hyping trash games like Knack it and it would have 35 million views on Youtube like Spiderman currently has on one of its videos.

As for your shitpost about PC gaming that's completely irrelevant and stupid. Most people own just a PS4 and not even the PS4 Pro. The X and the Pro have very low levels of market penetration. The overwhelming number of consoles sold in the wild are the regular base consoles. I own a high end PC myself and one of the reasons I own a PS4 Pro is because PCs don't get AAA exclusives on the same level as GOW, HZD, and Spiderman. Mentioning a PC version of those games is moot since the only games we get nowadays on PC that's exclusive are MOBAs, MMOs, and RTSs which I despise. The only major PC AAA exclusive outside of those genres is Star Citizen, which I'm currently in the Alpha for, and is many years away from release. Spare me the PC master race bullshit talk since Spiderman has nothing to do with PC gaming.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By tgob89

@Enragedhydra said:
@recloud said:
@Enragedhydra said:
@quadknight said:

Do your research.

That means that 14 million people bought Pros that already bought a PS4. Even though 1 in 5 doesn't look like a large number that is a lot of mid level PCs that could still crush a Pro had they gone the PC route. So yes it isn't most owners as you correctly point out but 14 million people isn't a small number of people regardless. It is also telling that there are 14 million morons (give or take, I'm sure someone just bought a Pro and skipped on the PS4) out there that spent $1000 on two consoles. It also should be stated that 1 in 5 and nearly 1 in five are not the same and will skew that number.

Umm, no noodles for brains...that means since the the Pro release, 1 out of every 5 PS4 units sold was a Pro version!

That number has absolutely NOTHING to do with the standard PS4s that had already been sold before the Pros launch.

Jesus, where does system wars find these idiots who can't read and have 0 comprehension at?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ReCloud

@tgob89: which even makes his statement even more wrong and proves he's crying because he wants to play Sony's exclusives and can't.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Biggest exclusive of all time? I doubt it (we can't tell until the game is released)

Day one buy for me? Yes.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@Enragedhydra said:

The only thing you and I_P_Daily failed to realizing is that Activision were the one's who ruin the icon Spider-Man last-gen! Sony on the other hand is founding Spider-Man game and trusting developers Insomniac, this is the first time I have seen what could be a very good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 game. If it was Activision and giving it to Insomniac for multiplats, then this too would have been cool as well. That said, I don't really care if it's exclusive to PS4, I just want a fun great Spider-Man game is all I ask for. really wish it was coming to PC but since that's never gonna happen, I got no choice but to play it on PS4. We all can't get what we want. My point is, people here really need to stop giving Sony flacks just because they are founding the game and blame it all Activision. I'm a Marvel comic fan and I'm hype for this brand new Spider-Man game.

I still own my launch PS4, I never or bother to go buy the Pro, I saw no reasons to upgrade my vanilla PS4 and it's still alive & kicking.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Who the hell plays spiderman games?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@tenaka2 said:

Who the hell played Batman games before Arkham Asylum?

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 tgob89

@tenaka2 said:

Gamers?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@xhawk27 said:

Can someone tell my how does Spiderman breathes in his suit?

He has a hose connecting from his mouse to his asshole. Just like cows love it.

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#192 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

Spiderman games have never been significant to the industry at large.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#193 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

Millions of people? That shit was dope on PS2.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Playstation gamers hype their exclusives more than anyone else. To the point they are screaming it at as loud as they can. Threads everywhere, comments on every youtube video ever, etc. Now that said- most of the games deserved to be hyped. What's the funniest is Xbox gamers trying to live up to that and end up hyping mostly games that score in the 60's on metacritic.

But yeah, if this were exclusive on Nintendo or Xbox those fanbases would not do it up like Sony's ever does. I think Sony fans hyped The Order more than Nintendo fans hyped Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey combined.

I'm trying to think of other really big deal exclusives in gaming history- where a franchise jumped from exclusive or multiplat to exclusives on another platform- Final Fantasy 7, Symphony of the Night, Mega Man X4, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Resident Evil 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Bayonetta. Did I miss any big ones?

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Bayonetta are the ones that come to mind the most, but that's because they're recent, and because of the outcries more than the bragging.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 QuadKnight

??? Hey guys, I think I found i_p_dairy. He’s the deranged lem screaming about Spiderman in this YouTube video...

Loading Video...

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ReCloud

@drummerdave9099: because sheep don't hype Zelda to the heavens, right? LMAO

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@quadknight said:

??? Hey guys, I think I found i_p_dairy. He’s the deranged lem screaming about Spiderman in this YouTube video...

Loading Video...

Lems are losing their minds over this game. It eats away at them that a franchise they actually love is exclusive to PS4. And we've still got 3 weeks to go. Just wait till reviews drop and this game is getting 9's everywhere.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ReCloud

@quadknight: it's IpDaiRy or commander, I guarantee it

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#199  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Is that vid just entirely reaction vids to his points? That's pretty fucking sad. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but not actually posting a rebuttal and waiting for people to scuttle up your ass in support? Holy shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

Is that vid just entirely reaction vids to his points? That's pretty fucking sad. I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but not actually posting a rebuttal and waiting for people to scuttle up your ass in support? Holy shit.

I'm not gonna lie here. Looking at the vid above, I can see where he's talking about control movements, the fact is, it's only 30fps, but at the same time, as long as it's locked, I can work with that. The rest however was total BS. I seen lots of gameplay, cool Spidy Villains and most of all, it's not Activision.

Holy shit, this guy is a fucking lol.