Is Spiderman the biggest megaton exclusive of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Can someone tell my how does Spiderman breathes in his suit?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#102 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

There have been countless exclusives based on Disney and Marvel IPs. And many of them were flops.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@ButDuuude said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The reason it is in the discussion is because it isn't your typical exclusive. It's based on a Disney/Marvel property and not something created by first party. This is something that no one ever could have possibly predicted before it was officially announced.

The last time we saw an exclusive of this magnitude was probably on the PS2 when the GTA games were exclusive for a full year before going to Xbox. However this game will never be appearing on any other platforms.

Spiderman is a Marvel/Disney character, but Sony owns the movie rights.

Not the video game rights though.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Nope. (then again Spiderman games have never interested me in the slightest, so I just don't get it at all.)

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

uhhhh. no

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#106 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Nope. Because its not original at all.

HZD was original. Detroit was original. NMS was original.

You gotta be original to be a hit. People just dont play unoriginal, generic titles for long.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

it tend to forget unimportant stuff, especially when I moved on already.

Apparently this board is very important to you. Good for you, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by owning you in pretty much all arguments. Maybe you should debate people of your own intelligence, so you don't have to take stuff out of context and post gifs and smileys all the time.

Who knows, maybe you could have an actual discussion for once.

? Is that why you're still here trying to damage control your lie?

oh but you're still here too aren't you.

I love owning clowns like you that's why I'm here. ? You're the one claiming you "couldn't care less" and still posting with vigor like you life depends on it.

Sorry, you still haven't owned me, you could have if I said 'I never said no one cared about spiderman ps4'

but I said ' I didn't say no one cared for spiderman ps4', referring to the part in the discussion where I already learned about the 35 million youtube views.

but you're right technically you didn't lie, you just brought up a yesterday post that didn't matter anymore.

and like I said before I doubt those 35 millions views are legit and/or will actually matter when it comes to sales and popularity. Spidey getting more views than the rdr2 trailer? we'll just have to see how much this thing sells.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Butthurt asshurt butthurt, salty, butthurt asshurt, salty, etc

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

It's an exclusive Spider-Man. Calm down.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

@quadknight: There is no argument, you cows already lost.

I know because you're in here saying essay and butthurt, its what you do when you have nothing, i await your meme/gif response lol.

Already lost how? Is the game out?

What a clown. ? Inb4 butthurt meltdown.

Are you that stupid that you can't follow a simple conversation?

I maintain that this Spider-Man game only really matters because its an exclusive and that you have no counter argument, hence you cows lost.

When has this board ever had 6 Spider-Man threads (5 from cows) on the first page? i'm betting never.

Its like I've said all along now Spider-Man matters.

Quick say essay, meltdown, butthurt one more time as that's all you have and another cow will echo what you say, or say i'm a clown or use the same gifs/memes you've warn out already lol.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11796 Posts

@Jag85 said:

There have been countless exclusives based on Disney and Marvel IPs. And many of them were flops.

Yup, but I do a agree that a good amount of the hype is coming from the fact that this may be an actually top tier Spiderman game which we haven't gotten in a long time but the MCU being huge now definitely adds hype to this game but can't carry it completely. If that were case then Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite wouldn't have gotten stomped out of existence by Dragon Ball FighterZ since even though MCU is more popular than Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball has more dedicated fans that are actual gamers meanwhile most people that like MCU haven't or hardly touched the comics these characters and stories are based off of and manga is way more successful than the entire Western comic book and graphic novel industry so an anime fan is way more likely to watch the anime and read the manga. The hype some cows have made has certainly gone overboard to the point they make it seem like Spiderman PS4 is going to sell as many copies as there are PS4's sold in the first day of launch.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

? Is that why you're still here trying to damage control your lie?

I love owning clowns like you that's why I'm here. ? You're the one claiming you "couldn't care less" and still posting with vigor like you life depends on it.

Sorry, you still haven't owned me, you could have if I said 'I never said no one cared about spiderman ps4'

but I said ' I didn't say no one cared for spiderman ps4', referring to the part in the discussion where I already learned about the 35 million youtube views.

but you're right technically you didn't lie, you just brought up a yesterday post that didn't matter anymore.

and like I said before I doubt those 35 millions views are legit and/or will actually matter when it comes to sales and popularity. Spidey getting more views than the rdr2 trailer? we'll just have to see how much this thing sells.

^ ^ ? Still writing butthurt essays hours after he claimed he doesn't care he was caught lying.

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

I know because you're in here saying essay and butthurt, its what you do when you have nothing, i await your meme/gif response lol.

I maintain that this Spider-Man game only really matters because its an exclusive and that you have no counter argument, hence you cows lost.

When has this board ever had 6 Spider-Man threads (5 from cows) on the first page? i'm betting never.

Quick say essay, meltdown, butthurt one more time as that's all you have and another cow will echo what you say, or say i'm a clown or use the same gifs/memes you've warn out already lol.

? What an absolute meltdown from an asshurt clown!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By commander

@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:

^ ^ ? Still writing butthurt essays hours after he claimed he doesn't care he was caught lying.

a person needs to sleep from time to time.

There's also a difference between forgetting something and lying.

and yeah, and no one cares about spiderman, those are fake views on youtube.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@commander said:
@quadknight said:
@commander said:
@quadknight said:

a person needs to sleep from time to time.

There's also a difference between forgetting something and lying.

and yeah, and no one cares about spiderman, those are fake views on youtube.

? Don't lie, this shit woke you up from sleep. I already forgot I owned you but you're waking up in sweats hurrying to write asshurt essays lol.

Talk about triggered lol.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@commander: If they're fake views then why don't other games get the same amount of fake views?

The damage control is beyond sad at this point. You know its eating you up that this game ain't on Xbone lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By commander

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@commander: If they're fake views then why don't other games get the same amount of fake views?

The damage control is beyond sad at this point. You know its eating you up that this game ain't on Xbone lol.

yeah sorry nathan, it's just because quadknight always uses these childish debate tactics that I get caught up in it myself sometimes.

You on the other hand I respect, you give me decent arguments and this generates productive debate.

They're probably not fake views, but you have to admit it's kinda odd that this trailer has more views than rdr 2

and like I said before If spiderman is that good, I'll eat my words and go buy a playstation.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#117 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

No. its QTEman based on childish super hero. no one would care if it was multiplat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

? What an absolute meltdown from an asshurt clown!

Thanks for proving my point LOL.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#119 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Rise of tomb raider effect is bigger. I mean the official blog got downvoted so hard it crashed because there were many people commenting at the same time and caused the dev issue an assurance its not going to be forever exclusive to xbox even though they are still under contract with xbox.

It only sold over 1 million in december too as announced by microsoft. Very poor move, never side with microsoft.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Lets create a thread bigging up a game and then call others for being obsessed or buthurt about it.

Pure Class

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

The brothers of butthurt, IpDaiRy and commander, are having multiple meltdowns on the same thread. This shit is gold.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Lololol, that cow insecurity 24/7...

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#124 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@playernumberone: The chances of it ever getting anywhere near some Nintendo exclusives sales are about 0%. Within PS4, maybe.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

The drought is real if you gotta hype spiderman up.

avenger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 avenger85
Member since 2015 • 304 Posts

I’d say the biggest exclusives of all time are either on pc or Nintendo.

Pc has had things like diablo 2, WoW, counter strike 1.6/source and many others

Nintendo has had Mario, Zelda, super Metroid

The only other major exclusive I can think of would be halo 2.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 ReCloud

@sts106mat: xenophobic POS

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 ReCloud

@avenger85: Halo 2 LMAO

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@recloud said:

lol

@recloud said:

It's funny, but you're the one proceeding to ad hominem and running out of arguments, Anyone who reads this discussion will notice that I didn't insult you once and was presenting good arguments.

Once again, you moved goalposts, derailed the discussion, got mad and insulted me adding unecessary stuff to the argument.

You owned yourself. ;)

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ReCloud

@MonsieurX: I have no respect for xenophobic people, me sweet little stalker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#134 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Lmao ☝️

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ReCloud

@sts106mat: yeah, you wrote all that to prove a point and ended up being xenophobic anyway. Pathetic

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: that's what all of them say ?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By ReCloud

@sts106mat: yeah yeah, whatever makes you feel better

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#140 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@mandzilla said:

I am convinced at this point that some of you on here don't actually play games, and just play System Wars instead.

That's basically all fanboys.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#141 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I'm personally not so sure this game will be the second coming of christ as you PS fanboys try to tell us non-Sony-ass-kissers. I think people might be slightly tired of the serious milking of Spiderman from Sony recently for that to happen. How many times was it rebooted now?

Sure, the game will sell because of the name and hype and Sony's usual good presentation and advertising. But I think when the hype has settled and people notice that the actual game isn't that special (just your pretty average open world game like Batman or Assassin's Creed with some extra QTEs), the sales will decline before hitting the really huge numbers. That's my guess.

With that said I do hope the game is great, but from what I've seen, it's not gonna be a must-have.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@mandzilla said:

I am convinced at this point that some of you on here don't actually play games, and just play System Wars instead.

That's basically all fanboys.

System Wars wasn't bad back then, then it is now. But at this point, SW is a shadow of it's former self and I can see why all the good posters left this place and went to Discord now.

But I still keep coming back because this place is like a drug to me in a way :P

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ReCloud

@Litchie: no game is a must have and anyone can argue that every game is nothing special.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Its the only exclusive im buying for my playstation this year, so im hoping its good, i love all the spiderman games. Kind of wierd having a super hero game be console exclusive tho. I get sony owns spiderman now, but its still wierd. Its like if microsoft owned batman... why... lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@sts106mat said:
@recloud said:

How is that xenophobic?

Someone with a japanese username (who isn't japanese) is telling me not to side with microsoft. If he is japanese, is he offended?

or is he xenophobic to american / westerners for using microsoft. you sound desperate dude!

My most anticipated game this year is Ace Combat 7. my post history states so. I also studied Aikido and have respect for the japanese people by default. i hope to go to Japan with my family in the next few years. so no xenophobia here.

only thing i dislike about japanese culture is the anime art style and that stuff where they are ok with depicting child porn as normal as long as its a cartoon.

Quick! Post a meltdown gif, or maybe give your "quadknight in shining armour" a shoutout and see if he can untwist those knickers for you.

Give Quad a shoutout...lmfao. He does love calling on his Grandpa...lol.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#146 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

The lems meltdowns are gold. Great thread.

They are so jealous of Spider-Man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@recloud said:

The brothers of butthurt, IpDaiRy and commander, are having multiple meltdowns on the same thread. This shit is gold.

You imitate quack so well, as in when you have no counter you run around yelling meltdown.

Quick call mother quack so she can back you up little one with some more over used mems/gifs.

Your Sony gods are not happy with you LOL

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Want us to hype that way dontcha???

We won't ^^

It's just another exclusive on the ps4.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#149 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Man, hype train is real!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Is the S train. I need to go check it out tonight.. I'm near by!