Is Phil Spencer just Mattrick 2.0 really what has changed from Xbox One to X-Series especially as far as games?

• 103 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Last gen people here know I bought the call of duty xb1 (Xbox had the marketing deal with Advanced Warfare) They had a ton of big hitting games at launch Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Ryse. This gen they have absolutely nothing to start off the generation with Phil Spencer's X-Series while Sony is coming out really hard with tons of games like Demon Soul's, Miles, Returnal...

Xbox didn't do a big hitter marketing deal with CoD I also bought Halo MCC couple months later that first year when I bought it. Literally no reason to get one right now unlike last gen with the xb1 i had a ton of reasons tht first year.

What has changed from Xbox one to X_Series as far as strategy?

It seems like the box looks uglier than Xbox One S to me (personally) The price seems like the only thing its beating last generation on its the same price as a ps5 instead of 100 more and weaker.

This gen it might be slightly more powerful with a worse SSD than the PS5 which is better WAY better than last gen.

The controller is the same which isn't the worst but I still vastly prefer the dual shock 4 over the xbone controller for my PC gaming. Haven't even tried the dual sense and xbox guys are swearing that its another level on top of the dual shock 4 even like Ryan McCaffrey said its the only playstation controller he will use now thats a really bad sign for the x-series controller if it keeps improving an xbox stays stagnate on that front.

Is Phil really turning things around from the xb1 generation or just doing the same old same old as mattrick maybe even less?

Please don't mention gamepass I like to buy and own my digital games an keep em on my drive an play on my terms what I want when I want.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

GamePass is where it is at.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@girlusocrazy said:

What's changed? No Kinect, no HDMI input & guide, and no launch titles...

Exactly Mattrick unbundled the kinect right away and thats when I bought it with AW bundle without the kinect than Phil came in and said he removed it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Exactly Mattrick unbundled the kinect right away...

That is false and GamePass is the new thing for Xbox.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

They're just the face of Xbox, they don't decide anything.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Oh God, normally I'm not in favor of a thread limit but this is getting out of control

The industry is talking about MS regularly in a positive light.

That's what Spencer did.

He doesn't have to answer to fanboys (or even fans) on a forum.

People think he is doing a good job and are writing about it.

From BC push to One X and ditching Kinect all the way up to Game Pass.

Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean others don't.

The industry has taken notice, so have cows judging by the threads on the first page.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Please don't mention gamepass

🤷‍♂️

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pedro

@davillain- said:

Looks good to me. 😂

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

You cows really need to take some time off the forums, you really have gone insane... this level of obsession isn't healthy.

Go play your Playstations (if you actually own them), or your pretend PCs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@navyguy21 said:

Oh God, normally I'm not in favor of a thread limit but this is getting out of control

C'Mon bro I could be gone soon I made a crazy ass bet just getting a few jabs in at MS before I lose this thing lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:
@navyguy21 said:

C'Mon bro I could be gone soon I made a crazy ass bet just getting a few jabs in at MS before I lose this thing lol.

And you will reappear as an alt like many others. 🤭

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro
@hrt_rulz01 said:

You cows really need to take some time off the forums, you really have gone insane... this level of obsession isn't healthy.

Play what? Returnal for the hundredth time? The Sony fannies on here hate indies and everything not Sony, so what else they are going to do. 😉

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I can't find a PS5 atm or an X-Series X my PS4 isn't seeing much play right now. I'm mainly PC/Switch gaming just calling out xbox for lack of improvement this gen tho.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Xbox was far more successful and had far more games when Donnie M was running the show. These nerds hated him because he was a businessman who didn't try to pretend he was one of them, but the fact is he was good at his job and far more qualified than that clown Philip Spence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Xbox was far more successful and had far more games when Donnie M was running the show. These nerds hated him because he was a businessman who didn't try to pretend he was one of them, but the fact is he was good at his job and far more qualified than that clown Philip Spence.

Yeah Phillipe Little S reminds me of that EA CEO he says hes a gamer or something or he was a dev at one time and worked his way up the company like that mcdonalds CEO who started there serving fries. BRO i want my CEO to be a big baller like Donnie M or Bobby K. Not these people who did some stuff to get where they are.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Now Don Mattrick was better for Xbox??? 😂

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NathanDrakeSwag

@ProtossRushX said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Yeah Phillipe Little S reminds me of that EA CEO he says hes a gamer or something or he was a dev at one time and worked his way up the company like that mcdonalds CEO who started there serving fries. BRO i want my CEO to be a big baller like Donnie M or Bobby K. Not these people who did some stuff to get where they are.

The benchwarmer mentality for these errand boys like Philip Spence sticks with them when they receive a promotion they don't deserve. One day he's bringing coffee to Donnie M and the next day he's taking his job because some nerds took to social media to cry over not being able to connect to the internet, or because they think Kinect wants to record them chugging Mountain Dew and picking boogers.

Philip was quickly exposed as having no idea how to run a brand. Xbox has less games than ever before. It is more culturally irrelevant than ever before. Sales have gotten so bad under his watch that he is ashamed to announce what they are.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01

@Pedro said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Play what? Returnal for the hundredth time? The Sony fannies on here hate indies and everything not Sony, so what else they are going to do. 😉

Lol, true. It's funny how they say MS has no games, but PS5 is looking equally bare right now & we know next to nothing on what they have coming (besides Horizon & Ratchet).

@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I can't find a PS5 atm or an X-Series X my PS4 isn't seeing much play right now. I'm mainly PC/Switch gaming just calling out xbox for lack of improvement this gen tho.

You think Xbox hasn't improved since 2013? Gtfo. Atleast try harder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Well name me 3 launch games as good as Dead Rising 3 Ryse and Forza 5 for X-Series if it improved from 2013 so much uh hum.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

The obsession omg 🤣

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Nope, I feel that Phil Spencer has been much better for Xbox then Don Mattrick was. Xbox has been getting a bunch of games that typically have never been on the platform before.

- Dragon Quest games

- many of the earlier Final Fantasy games

- previous Kingdom Hearts games

- Phantasy Star Online 2 and now New Genesis

- the Yakuza games

Just to name a few.

Also Game Pass is a fantastic value for gamers. Add in the acquisitions they’ve recently made especially the Bethesda one which was an absolute bombshell and I really like the direction that they are headed in. They have a fantastic catalog of IP’s to work with and some very promising stuff in the pipeline.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@Archangel3371: Try not to be too happy now. You know how upsetting that tends to be. 😉

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

only 4 more days until the TC gets deleted then we have less of these stupid threads

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@regnaston said:

only 4 more days until the TC gets deleted then we have less of these stupid threads

The same stupid threads just under a new name.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 regnaston

@Pedro said:
@regnaston said:

The same stupid threads just under a new name.

true lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01

@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Well name me 3 launch games as good as Dead Rising 3 Ryse and Forza 5 for X-Series if it improved from 2013 so much uh hum.

Oh so that's the measure of how much they have improved is it? Hmm ok. Well if that's the case, then Sony has gotten a lot worse since 2013... because their PS5 launch line-up is pathetic.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Oh so that's the measure of how much they have improved is it? Hmm ok. Well if that's the case, then Sony has gotten a lot worse since 2013... because their PS5 launch line-up is pathetic.

Name a PS4 launch game better than Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Returnal or R&C Rift Apart.

We're 7 months into this gen and Microsoft still hasn't released anything. It's unprecedented for a new console to have zero first party games at this point. This is why you lemmings aren't even buying an XSX lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Name me a PS4 launch game better than Miles and Demon Soul's PS4 had a horrible launch if i remember right. PS5 is improving on that front imo.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Name me a PS4 launch game better than Miles and Demon Soul's PS4 had a horrible launch if i remember right. PS5 is improving on that front imo.

Miles Morales is also on the PS4 and Demon's Souls is on the PS3. 😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Miles Morales is also on the PS4 and Demon's Souls is on the PS3. 😎

Demon Souls Remake is a full blown remake its not a remaster completely different game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Demon Souls Remake is a full blown remake its not a remaster completely different game.

It is not a a completely different game. It is a reskin of a an old game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

It is not a a completely different game. It is a reskin of a an old game.

Its not a reskin its on a different engine

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@regnaston said:

Hmmm, be sure to remind me in 4 days just to make sure he walks the plank.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

It's amazing how protoss makes lemmings triggered and angry. Y'all can't help yourselves but give this guy the attention he wants and he makes you all upset all the time. Ignore him next time or keep making a fool of yourselves. 😆

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

That is a reskin.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pedro
@davillain- said:
@regnaston said:

I will also remind you. 😈

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 regnaston

@davillain- said:
@regnaston said:

on it chief 😁

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#40 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

What an idiotic thread, just wow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

That is a reskin.

Reskins use the same engine and upgrade textures ala MCC this is a remake dude completely different.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@Pedro: Tell me about it. It never ceases to amuse me how some people get all worked up over me enjoying stuff that they don’t. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Reskins use the same engine and upgrade textures ala MCC this is a remake dude completely different.

It is the same game dude.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hrt_rulz01

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Name a PS4 launch game better than Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Returnal or R&C Rift Apart.

We're 7 months into this gen and Microsoft still hasn't released anything. It's unprecedented for a new console to have zero first party games at this point. This is why you lemmings aren't even buying an XSX lol.

Returnal & Ratchet aren't launch games... Demon Souls is a remake, and Miles Morales is a PS4 game. But hey, keep trying :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Pedro

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Returnal & Ratchet aren't launch games... Demon Souls is a remake, and Miles Morales is a PS4 game. But hey, keep trying :)

Launch games are any game released before Halo Infinite. 😉

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Ok so halo infinite won't count because its not at launch AND its on xbox one so its like the worst kinda double bad launch exclusive

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01

@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Ok so halo infinite won't count because its not at launch AND its on xbox one so its like the worst kinda double bad launch exclusive

Nice deflection :)

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: "Returnal & Ratchet aren't launch games... Demon Souls is a remake, and Miles Morales is a PS4 game. But hey, keep trying :)"

By this logic, MS have virtually no launch game and never will have since they'll all be on xone for at last 2 years.

You just made a fool of yourself. 🤣

Xbox lost.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01

@wonderwinner said:

@hrt_rulz01: "Returnal & Ratchet aren't launch games... Demon Souls is a remake, and Miles Morales is a PS4 game. But hey, keep trying :)"

By this logic, MS have virtually no launch game and never will have since they'll all be on xone for at last 2 years.

You just made a fool of yourself. 🤣

Xbox lost.

You can keep telling yourself whatever you want... doesn't change the point I was making that if Xbox hasn't improved since 2013 going off that metric, then either has Sony :)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Xbox not release any first party games for almost a year now.