Is it me or xbox360 is just not right for jrpgs

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fire-dragon-90
Member since 2009 • 700 Posts

Little by little JRPGS are decreasing on the xbox360 and increasing on the PlayStation 3 and i think finally developers are getting it right, looking at the history of the 360 jrpgs just dont do well and just dont play well on the system, if a jrpg gets released on the 360 first then its absolutely only to make money and then release the better version on ps3, jrpg developers are finally starting to realise that ps3 is the better system for jrpgs ( example: SE not releasing FFXIII in japan on 360 knowing its not worth it, FFXIII getting a bad port for NA, tales of vesperia only half on 360 and same with star ocean4, eternal sonata etc, manga carta 2 will follow suit), little by little im starting to see how 360 is just good for shooters, even rpgs like mass effect has shooter style.dont know about you guys but 360 to me is best for shooter games and ps3 is best at jrpgs, platfprmers, action adventure and so on, agreed?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

JRPG's are gonna play the same on both systems. FFXIII is not getting a "bad" port for NA, nor anywhere else, as the 360 version will be on par.

Both systems will play any genre the same.

Honestly, where does half this crock come from?

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Sure they sell more for PS3 in Japan. Nothing wrong with JRPG on the 360.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Lost Odyssey says hi.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

there's an article somewhere about how jrpgs are lacking innovation, and basically just surviving off Japanese nostalgia. I think I might of been written by a guy from bioware so it could be a little bias towards western culture.

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fire-dragon-90

Lost Odyssey says hi.

clyde46

The game was released a long time ago and you know it as i know it ps3 has far more better jrpgs and no more jrpgs are going to the 360 except the FFXIII port

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Lost Odyssey says hi.

The game was released a long time ago and you know it as i know it ps3 has far more better jrpgs and no more jrpgs are going to the 360 except the FFXIII port

research is a gateway to stating right answers, I suggest you try it.
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 double_heist
Member since 2005 • 2402 Posts

It's PS3's turn to get more JRPGs next year. :P

There's definitely a lot though next year (compared to X360's 2008 which was Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, The Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, and maybe we can include Star Ocean 4):

1. WKC
2. Star Ocean 4 International (International version is for PS3 only)
3. FFXIII (multiplat)
4. Resonance of Fate (multiplat)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes
6. Atelier Rorona
7. Last Rebellion
8. Although Yakuza 3 isn't an RPG, it's sort of close.
9. FFXIV (PS3/PC)
10. Trinity Zill 0'll

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fire-dragon-90

What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.xsubtownerx

You said it yourself, its in the PAST.. what other games is 360 getting besides shooters next year? a port of FFXIII?

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
The only reason it got JRPGs was because Microsoft made timed exclusive deals for them. Majority are getting enhanced PS3 ports now. Kind of blew up in their face because Japan got angry about the timed exclusives and snapped TOV discs in half and everything and now won't trust Microsoft.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

Well for some reason all JRPGs didn't do well on 360 except Lost odyssey but still it doesn't mean that its not good for JRPGs but anyway by looking at 2010 it seems PS3 will be the home console which JRPG fans should chose.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Don't care. The WRPGs are doing just fine on X360, and those are the games which do Role Playing right, as far as I'm concerned.

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fire-dragon-90

JRPG's are gonna play the same on both systems. FFXIII is not getting a "bad" port for NA, nor anywhere else, as the 360 version will be on par.

lundy86_4

How do you know 360 version will be the same? did you play it? can you show me pics? like it or not 360 version will be infirior with multiple disks, this is not last gen

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

Lost Odyssey says hi.

fire-dragon-90

Being released a long time ago means what? Zip diddly squat, it still negates your point. JRPG's work fine and do fine on the 360.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
Xbox is best for shooters? Did I go back to 2004 or something?
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

fire-dragon-90

How do you know 360 version will be the same? did you play it? can you show me pics? like it or not 360 version will be infirior with multiple disks, this is not last gen

How do you know it won't be the same? Did you play it? Can you show me pics? Lol, you cannot form cohesive arguments eh?

There is no proof it will be inferior, and in fact more proof it will be superior (due to many multiplats looking better on 360), this actually is more eveidence than you have, even if it is speculatory.

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fire-dragon-90

Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?Vandalvideo

what are you talking about? i dont understand you, why mentioning WKC? WKC is a ps3 exclusive

salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
I am still mad at Namco for not releasing ToV in the west
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kashiwaba

Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?Vandalvideo

Ar tonelico 3, Atelier Rorona, Last rebellion, Trinity Universe and White knight chronicles these are the exclusive JRPGs which PS3 is getting at 2010 plus some multiplats and late ports FFXIII, SO4,ToV(still not confirmed but there is many rumors floating around it) and Resonance of fate.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.xsubtownerx

This,

research is a gateway to stating right answers, I suggest you try it.moose_knuckler

this,

Don't care. The WRPGs are doing just fine on X360, and those are the games which do Role Playing right, as far as I'm concerned.

AdobeArtist

and this.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I am still mad at Namco for not releasing ToV in the westsalxis

Dont lose hope, im positive its coming, they probably cant annouce it due to bunch of games coming Q1 on ps3 next year

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?fire-dragon-90

what are you talking about? i dont understand you, why mentioning WKC? WKC is a ps3 exclusive

You claimed that JRPGs are decreasing on the 360 and increasing on the PS3. I'm curious what games you're referring to. I got you started with one; NOW LIST!
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
It's pretty good for JRPGs actually. Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Tales Of Vesparia and soon Final Fantasy. And of course it's incredible for WRPGs too.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44100 Posts

It's just you me thinks. :P L.O. is one of the best and sold pretty well and 360 has scored some other sweet JRPG's this gen as well - Also Mistwalker has another to announce soon - hoping it's L.O. 2 but I dunno.

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 double_heist
[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?Vandalvideo

You claimed that JRPGs are decreasing on the 360 and increasing on the PS3. I'm curious what games you're referring to. I got you started with one; NOW LIST!

I'm just wondering, how many JRPGs are coming out to the X360 next year including multiplatform games? FFXIII and Resonance of Fate comes into my mind.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vandalvideo

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?Kashiwaba

Ar tonelico 3, Atelier Rorona, Last rebellion, Trinity Universe and White knight chronicles these are the exclusive JRPGs which PS3 is getting at 2010 plus some multiplats and late ports FFXIII, SO4,ToV(still not confirmed but there is many rumors floating around it) and Resonance of fate.

So a bunch of average NIS/GUST games and WKC are supposed to convince me the PS3 is some bastion for JRPGs?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Little by little? Where is this shift in JRPGs you're referring to? What White Knight Chronciles aaaaaaand?Vandalvideo

I'll try to list them for you :P or will list the games im for sure getting next year:

White Knight Chronicles

Final Fantasy XIII

Resonance of Fate

Atelier Rorona

Ar Tonelico 3

Last Rebilion

3D Dot Game

Star Ocean 4 International

Agrest Wars

Final Fantasy 14

I can go more and more :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

double_heist

I'm just wondering, how many JRPGs are coming out to the X360 next year including multiplatform games? FFXIII and Resonance of Fate comes into my mind.

Thats about it i think

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

So a bunch of average NIS/GUST games and WKC are supposed to convince me the PS3 is some bastion for JRPGs?

Yes :)

double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 double_heist

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

finalstar2007

I'll try to list them for you :P or will list the games im for sure getting next year:

White Knight Chronicles

Final Fantasy XIII

Resonance of Fate

Atelier Rorona

Ar Tonelico 3

Last Rebilion

3D Dot Game

Agrest Wars

I cant go more and more :P

Here's a better list:

1. WKC

2. Star Ocean 4 International (International version is for PS3 only)

3. FFXIII (multiplat)

4. Resonance of Fate (multiplat)

5. 3D Dot Game Heroes

6. Atelier Rorona

7. Last Rebellion

8. Although Yakuza 3 isn't an RPG, it's sort of close.

9. FFXIV (PS3/PC)

10. Trinity Zill 0'll

11. Records of Agarest War (multiplat)

12. Ar tonelico 3

13. Maybe Tales of Vesperia (if localized)

To be honest, this is probably more RPGs in a year than I've seen in a PS2's year (I think!) :lol:

HavenlyHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HavenlyHunter
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
Manga carta is not a jrpg
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 double_heist

[QUOTE="double_heist"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] You claimed that JRPGs are decreasing on the 360 and increasing on the PS3. I'm curious what games you're referring to. I got you started with one; NOW LIST!finalstar2007

Thats about it i think

Agarest Wars too... So that makes 3. :P
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

If you think they are average then you didn't try any Ar tonelico or any of Atelier series before so its a waste of time to argue with you sure they are not a big names but most of JRPG fans likes them.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.fire-dragon-90

You said it yourself, its in the PAST.. what other games is 360 getting besides shooters next year? a port of FFXIII?

FXIII like you mentioned, and of course Resonance of Fate. Also, Divinity II and Risen (not JRPGs but heck, still awesome RPGs the PS3 can't touch).
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] You claimed that JRPGs are decreasing on the 360 and increasing on the PS3. I'm curious what games you're referring to. I got you started with one; NOW LIST!double_heist

White Knight Chronicles

Final Fantasy XIII

Resonance of Fate

Atelier Rorona

Ar Tonelico 3

Last Rebilion

3D Dot Game

Agrest Wars

I cant go more and more :P

Here's a better list: 1. WKC 2. Star Ocean 4 International (International version is for PS3 only) 3. FFXIII (multiplat) 4. Resonance of Fate (multiplat) 5. 3D Dot Game Heroes 6. Atelier Rorona 7. Last Rebellion 8. Although Yakuza 3 isn't an RPG, it's sort of close. 9. FFXIV (PS3/PC) 10. Trinity Zill 0'll 11. Records of Agarest War (multiplat) 12. Ar tonelico 3 13. Maybe Tales of Vesperia (if localized) To be honest, this is probably more RPGs in a year than I've seen in a PS2's year (I think!) :lol:

Great list and tell me about it, i know im going to need to work harder so i can get all those games not to mention the other ps3 exclusives and multiplats coming next year.. my god my wallet is crying now :cry:

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Vandalvideo
If you think they are average then you didn't try any Ar tonelico or any of Atelier series before so its a waste of time to argue with you sure they are not a big names but most of JRPG fans likes them.Kashiwaba
Of course I've played the Ar Tonelico and Atelier series. They, however, are in the bottom tier of JRPG games. I would take the Vandal Hearts downloadable prequel over all five of those NIS/GUST games COMBINED. I'm going to need some kind of flagship title like Suikoden, Wild Arms, or SMT to take you guys seriously. (And before you bring up the supposed SMT PS3 game, there hasn't been any official word on that)
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.xsubtownerx

FXIII like you mentioned, and of course Resonance of Fate. Also, Divinity II and Risen (not JRPGs but heck, still awesome RPGs the PS3 can't touch).

Well this thread is about JRPGs not WRPGs no one denying that 360 is the best console for WRPGs

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

If you think they are average then you didn't try any Ar tonelico or any of Atelier series before so its a waste of time to argue with you sure they are not a big names but most of JRPG fans likes them.

Exactly!, Ar Tonelico and Atelier series both are amazing, i havent missed any of those games on the ps2 and i sure am not going to miss them on ps3 ( im more hyped for Ar Tenelico 3 because of the amazing sound track)

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i dont get it how anyone can even say console a..isnt any good for a certain type of game its just stupid..
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]If you think they are average then you didn't try any Ar tonelico or any of Atelier series before so its a waste of time to argue with you sure they are not a big names but most of JRPG fans likes them.Vandalvideo
Of course I've played the Ar Tonelico and Atelier series. They, however, are in the bottom tier of JRPG games. I would take the Vandal Hearts downloadable prequel over all five of those NIS/GUST games COMBINED. I'm going to need some kind of flagship title like Suikoden, Wild Arms, or SMT to take you guys seriously. (And before you bring up the supposed SMT PS3 game, there hasn't been any official word on that)

SMT series I don't care about it I consider it one of the worst JRPGs and I agree Wild arms and Suikoden beats all NIS/Gust games but still Atelier and Ar tonelico are very good specially Ar tonelico though its not a big JRPG games but its alot better than many big names JRPGs like SO and many others.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts
[QUOTE="fire-dragon-90"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]What the heck are you babbling about? Lost Odyssey sold very well, and is one of the better JRPGs this gen. Exclusive to the 360. I think you're living in the past, assuming that the PS3 should be like the PS2. Get over it. It isn't, and never will be.xsubtownerx

Is Divinity II any good on 360?
double_heist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 double_heist
Ar tonelico, Disgaea, and Atelier series are for a niche crowd. Mind you but their is a hardcore crowd following the series.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vandalvideo
SMT series I don't care about it I consider it one of the worst JRPGs and I agree Wild arms and Suikoden beats all NIS/Gust games but still Atelier and Ar tonelico are very good specially Ar tonelico though its not a big JRPG games but its alot better than many big names JRPGs like SO and many othersKashiwaba
It is a shame that JRPG gamers have such low standards this generation that they are foaming at the mouth for a NIS game. It makes me sad really. About the only NIS game that I would take the time of day to hype would be Disgaea, but the closest thing we have to that is that crappy Trinity Universe crossover game, and we all know how Cross Edge turned out. (An abomination) Ar Tonelico is a series of meh. Its not as terrible as a game like Brigandine, sure, but it isn't a series you want to tout as the reason why the PS3 is the bastion of JRPG games. I'd sooner go buy a freaking DS and play Tierkreis all day long, and that is saying alot considering my passionate hatred for all things handheld.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"] Is Divinity II any good on 360?

The Germans seemed to like it. Ain't out yet in America.
salxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 salxis
Member since 2009 • 4280 Posts
i dont get it how anyone can even say console a..isnt any good for a certain type of game its just stupid..daveg1
360 and PS3 sucks for light gun games :P
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]SMT series I don't care about it I consider it one of the worst JRPGs and I agree Wild arms and Suikoden beats all NIS/Gust games but still Atelier and Ar tonelico are very good specially Ar tonelico though its not a big JRPG games but its alot better than many big names JRPGs like SO and many othersVandalvideo
It is a shame that JRPG gamers have such low standards this generation that they are foaming at the mouth for a NIS game. It makes me sad really. About the only NIS game that I would take the time of day to hype would be Disgaea, but the closest thing we have to that is that crappy Trinity Universe crossover game, and we all know how Cross Edge turned out. (An abomination) Ar Tonelico is a series of meh. Its not as terrible as a game like Brigandine, sure, but it isn't a series you want to tout as the reason why the PS3 is the bastion of JRPG games. I'd sooner go buy a freaking DS and play Tierkreis all day long, and that is saying alot considering my passionate hatred for all things handheld.

Well as I said before its a waste of time to argue with you sigh.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalstar2007

Ar tonelico, Disgaea, and Atelier series are for a niche crowd. Mind you but their is a hardcore crowd following the series.double_heist

If you go to the NISA fourms or even the gamefaq fourms you'll notice how a lot of people like these games, the games got tons of followers, im also a huge fan of disgaea, ar tenelico and atelier, all great games, their all the same as FF games personally

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
.... it's a... console... it doesn't have inherent values