Is it me or xbox360 is just not right for jrpgs

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
[QUOTE="Salt_The_Fries"] Is Divinity II any good on 360?

At first I wasn't too sure, but the second time around (playing the demo) I've fallen in love. This game will be a time sink of hardcoreness role playing gaming. ;)
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#152 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] It's she :P But fine I cave, though I will say you're missing out on actual good stories and character development by not playing WRPG's. :DYandere

Sorry :P alright then * you should give up on her* :P

I dont know WRPG's never really intersted me, i tried to play DOA but i must be honest that i got bored of it fast. i think WRPG's are just not for me :(, i enjoy playing JRPG's more

I hate modern WRPGs like that also, you probably would like old WRPGs, the RPGs that JRPGs were inspired by.

Do you mind naming a few titles like that? if on ps3 that would be great, i'll check the games out and ask few of my friends about them

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Sorry :P alright then * you should give up on her* :P

I dont know WRPG's never really intersted me, i tried to play DOA but i must be honest that i got bored of it fast. i think WRPG's are just not for me :(, i enjoy playing JRPG's more

finalstar2007

I hate modern WRPGs like that also, you probably would like old WRPGs, the RPGs that JRPGs were inspired by.

Do you mind naming a few titles like that? if on ps3 that would be great, i'll check the games out and ask few of my friends about them

Honestly the only good WRPG style game on the PS3 is Wizardry: Torawareshi Damashii no Meikyou, it is not released yet so it's not localized but Atlus might bring it over.

Japan is making the only good commercial Dungeon Crawler games these days, it's sad how they have to continue where the west left off.

P.S. If you want to know some good JRPG DS/PSP games I can give you some also.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#154 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

i agree wz you wz some preservations, those JRPGs which were released on the x360 aren't that bad, and the FFXIII port could be inferior which is a possiblility but to to a great extent, other than this i am pretty confident that FFXIII is the last high profile JRPG that will be released on x360 if not at all.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

Honestly the only good WRPG style game on the PS3 is Wizardry: Torawareshi Damashii no Meikyou, it is not released yet so it's not localized but Atlus might bring it over.

Japan is making the only good commercial Dungeon Crawler games these days, it's sad how they have to continue where the west left off.

Oh then thats how the game looks like, i saw a video about this game like a month ago and been intersted then, hmm it reminds me a lot of a psp game which i forgot its name, looks intersting i'll keep an eye on this one, hoping Atlus will work on it after their done with 3D Dot game, and yeah if its not too much trouble can you please send me a PM of any good game on psp ( I dont play DS that much). thanks a lot :)

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#156 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

well all the jrpgs have sucked on the 360....the reviews say so.

nervmeister

Not all. Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, and arguably Lost Odyssey were more than decent titles.

thats all they are though...just decent, I demand more from my games

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
You know, Xbox spelled backwards is xobx. Which, in a way, reminds me of those Outer Banks bumper stickers. Therefore, I say that JRPGs are better played on the Xbox because the name spelled backwards gives me a positively provocative feeling about a nice beach.
Flipyap28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 Flipyap28
Member since 2008 • 3865 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Yandere

I know it looks like a WRPG....but isnt this still a JRPG?

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

It's you..I've played some pretty good JRPGs on the 360

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Flipyap28

I know it looks like a WRPG....but isnt this still a JRPG?

It is still a JRPG, old WRPGs though were primarily Dungeon Crawlers so I would assume for him it would be easier to get into the genre if he plays some newer ones.
Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#161 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

[QUOTE="playharderfool"]

[QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]research is a gateway to stating right answers, I suggest you try it.mitu123

:D let me try...

Gamespot:"Lost Odyssey doesn't rewrite the rules for turn-based role-playing games, but its great story and minor formula tweaks will keep you entertained."

GameSpot Score

What's wrong with it getting a 7.5, didn't stop cows from liking R&C: TOD and Wipeout HD.

:lol: Spot-on!