sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Love the volume dials. No more fiddling around trying to find tiny plastic volume wheels.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

This talk about being an "audiophile" is just dumb. Not many are willing or interested in spending thousands of dollars for audio sound in games. This mid class unit will support Dolby Atmos. What else do you need in this situation?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#54 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12956 Posts

Ordered one. Now it’s sold out.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@x_hedon said:

yeah I just tried a few minutes ago as well. I had just purchased the Arctis Steel Series 1x from Microsoft.com a couple weeks back so I wanted to initiate the return before I pre-ordered these.. my 15 minutes of getting them to UPS store to ship out caused me to miss out (for now)

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

I would just purchase the Surface Headphones v1. Near the same price, more likely a premium build.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I've progressed past headsets a long time ago. I won't waste the money on such a device. Now I use audiophile headphones. For input, I have a dynamic cardioid mic attached to a boom arm clamped to the desk. It swivels out of the way when I'm not using it, and doesn't get in my way at all while in use and runs through VST filters for noise suppression, noise gating, de-essing, and compression. The total cost was under $200. The same price range as Astros, but with superior sound quality in both directions.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

I'll stick with my Arctis 7, thanks.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: These aren’t Audiophile headphones...but you show me one person who spends the amount of money that true audiophile equipment costs and doesn’t expect to tweak sound. Equalisers are definitely not a gimmick. Not having the ability to at least adjust bass and treble is plain awful, and even worse when you’re using cheapish headsets like these two.

No need to argue just for the sake of it.

I'd say there's a pretty even divide between those who eq and those who don't, a lot of people own multiple sets of headphones and speakers specifically for their different sound characteristics.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@sealionact: why so many use round ones?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Looks nice ,

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@eoten said:

I've progressed past headsets a long time ago. I won't waste the money on such a device. Now I use audiophile headphones. For input, I have a dynamic cardioid mic attached to a boom arm clamped to the desk. It swivels out of the way when I'm not using it, and doesn't get in my way at all while in use and runs through VST filters for noise suppression, noise gating, de-essing, and compression. The total cost was under $200. The same price range as Astros, but with superior sound quality in both directions.

The only thing Astros excel at is comfort, which isn't difficult to match or surpass (and for a much cheaper price). It amazes me how their overpriced garbage headsets are still so popular after all these years. Guess this is what happens when you pay a bunch of youtubers and streamers to promote your mediocre product.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sealionact

@wonderwinner: Dude. You’re obsessing on winning an argument about circled cushions on a headset.

It’s getting awkward.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56108 Posts

@regnaston said:
@x_hedon said:

yeah I just tried a few minutes ago as well. I had just purchased the Arctis Steel Series 1x from Microsoft.com a couple weeks back so I wanted to initiate the return before I pre-ordered these.. my 15 minutes of getting them to UPS store to ship out caused me to miss out (for now)

I will never understand how preorders for a "mass produced" product can run out of stock. Stupid concept. I'm sure places like Gamestop/Best Buy will have'em on selves.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45110 Posts

Funny how when the PS5 headset was getting reviewed people here were downplaying it. Xbox comes out with their own now and it's the future of gaming 😄

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

I just wish the sound frequencies were better

20 Hz - 20 kHz

Price seems alright though.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sealionact

@SolidGame_basic: It looks like a decent set for the price, and has loads of features the pulse doesn’t. If the sound is at least the same, it’s a vastly superior option.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I've never liked wearing headphones while gaming so this isn't for me. Heck, I never really liked them while listening to music as well. :P

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@sealionact said:

@shellcase86: Definitely oval. Speakers are round, cushions are oval.

I stand corrected.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Eoten

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

The only thing Astros excel at is comfort, which isn't difficult to match or surpass (and for a much cheaper price). It amazes me how their overpriced garbage headsets are still so popular after all these years. Guess this is what happens when you pay a bunch of youtubers and streamers to promote your mediocre product.

$15 memory foam earpads which can be had to fit any headphones out there will make even the most uncomfortable headsets extremely comfortable. I often forget I am even wearing mine and get up to use the bathroom or something and end up yanking them off my head.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Eoten
@R4gn4r0k said:

I just wish the sound frequencies were better

20 Hz - 20 kHz

Price seems alright though.

20Hz - 20 Khz is typically from below the range of human hearing to above it. Almost every headphone out there has that same range.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By regnaston

I got them in my cart but they are "sold out".. this is how I got the Series X too.. I came back to my cart a few times a day and hit F5 until I had the option to check out.

(and I have to buy them from MS direct because I have XBOX gift cards on my account from MS Rewards so Best Buy or another retailer are not an option)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@eoten said:

20Hz - 20 Khz is typically from below the range of human hearing to above it. Almost every headphone out there has that same range.

I guess the only way to find out is to have the headset on my head, which in the current situation is impossible.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

I've never liked wearing headphones while gaming so this isn't for me. Heck, I never really liked them while listening to music as well. :P

they cancel the wife out

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#75  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@eoten said:

Both of you are speaking facts. It's incredible how popular crappy headsets still are lol. I remember when I bought the Sony Pulse headset back in 2013 during the PS3 days because of some youtuber (UrAvgConsumer) hyping them up in his "review". I was so disappointed by that overpriced garbage.

Here's the link to the exact review back then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vXjv-K6kZg

"If you're a basshead, just go buy them right now!". What a joke lol.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@SecretPolice said:

they cancel the wife out

;)

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:

Funny how when the PS5 headset was getting reviewed people here were downplaying it. Xbox comes out with their own now and it's the future of gaming 😄

Never saw the PS5 headset getting downlplayed. Why you lie? 😄😄

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

They're both shit. Created for your average consumer that buys what's popular and not what's good.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

So you can't see posts from lemmings?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I just tried out Dolby Atmos for headphones a couple of days ago, and it's far better than I thought it would be.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

Nice ad.

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@sealionact: you were grasping at straws cause there's no facts in your reasoning. You lost and were corrected because speakers are round, not oval. 😎

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 sealionact

@wonderwinner: What on earth are you talking about? I'm not talking about speakers you clown....I'm talking about the cushions.

You prefer round cushions for your non round ears, be my guest....but move on and get a life dude.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 KvallyX

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

So you can't see posts from lemmings?

I see all posts. I don't see trashing of PS or Xbox headset.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KvallyX
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

They're both shit. Created for your average consumer that buys what's popular and not what's good.

I love my Astro A50s.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@x_hedon said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I love my Astro A50s.

Of course you do. What proper headphones have you ever tried in your life? Nothing. When you have nothing to compare it to, you will like whatever is given, especially if the other headsets you had were shitty Turtle Beaches from Walmart.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Eoten

@R4gn4r0k said:
@eoten said:

I guess the only way to find out is to have the headset on my head, which in the current situation is impossible.

Like I said in another post, you're still better off just getting audiophile headphones and using a separate mic. I have a dynamic mic on a boom arm, but you can add the Vmoda Boom Pro mic to anything with a detachable 3.5mm cable.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

It's 2021 and everything is shit even when pretty much everything is amazing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: No Sony was getting mocked for its audio because Sony asked for a pick of your 👂🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I cant stand headphones unless there is only 1 ear piece. I hate having both ears covered, so these are no good for me.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 regnaston

@i_p_daily said:

@SolidGame_basic: No Sony was getting mocked for its audio because Sony asked for a pick of your 👂🤣🤣🤣

Have they even opened up a site to submit pics of your ears? It might be over promised and under delivered tech. Kind of like their SSD expansion slot for the PS5, a piece of tech which may never be activated.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 KvallyX

@hardwenzen: do you have any idea what you are talking about? Looks like you are out of your league son. Time for you to move on.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen

@x_hedon said:

@hardwenzen: do you have any idea what you are talking about? Looks like you are out of your league son. Time for you to move on.

You ask me if i know what i am talking about, and you're the one with an Astro pair of cans 🤣 If you knew what you were talking about, you would've never even considered one of these. You purchased a product built on hype, not quality.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 KvallyX

@hardwenzen: they are great for the console. I use my Sennheiser’s for my turntable listening pleasure

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 sealionact

@x_hedon: Anybody buying “audiophile” headsets for gaming hasn’t got a clue about sound, and thinks the quality of sound is determined by the money you spend.

This is gaming audio and chat....not lossless FLAC.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 KvallyX

@sealionact: yup this

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@x_hedon: Anybody buying “audiophile” headsets for gaming hasn’t got a clue about sound, and thinks the quality of sound is determined by the money you spend.

This is gaming audio and chat....not lossless FLAC.

What are you trying to imply? That "spending money on audiophile" equipment is hundreds of dollars? HD599 are always on sale for $99 and destroy the crappy Astros for $350+ 🤣

People are so cluless about audio on the gaming forums.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

I mean just mentioning wireless already excludes the headphones from being top tier, simply limitation of wireless tech

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sealionact

@hardwenzen: They are literally useless. Youd be using entry level audiophile headphones for video gaming, with 3m of cable dangling down to your controller which wirelessly plays much compressed sound.....but I’m guessing someone special like you will lay the cable on the floor and use the 6.35mm connection with an amp, instead of using the damn amp to project the audio!

No mic, no Bluetooth to connect to mobile, no wireless. No matter how good they could be, they are useless for gaming....and guess what?

We’re comparing gaming headsets.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: They are literally useless. Youd be using entry level audiophile headphones for video gaming, with 3m of cable dangling down to your controller which wirelessly plays much compressed sound.....but I’m guessing someone special like you will lay the cable on the floor and use the 6.35mm connection with an amp, instead of using the damn amp to project the audio!

No mic, no Bluetooth to connect to mobile, no wireless. No matter how good they could be, they are useless for gaming....and guess what?

We’re comparing gaming headsets.

God you're clueless with your "literally useless" talk. A lost cause some may say. So yea, enjoy your wireless headsets with latency lag, abysmal mic, static noise at low volumes, no sound stage and shitty imaging. Use the crap you've been using and tell yourself this is as good as it gets. Feels like talking to Phlop.