Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

@commander:

"a game subscription service is not a bad idea, but I doubt it's going to make their system more interesting in the long run."

Their systems is where I think you are making your error. MS/Xbox, GP is now playing to many systems, Xbox, PC, and xCloud for phones and tablets. MS with GP play anywhere is a different animal these days.

If you still want just that one dedicated system for a specific type of gaming, Nintendo is all that's left because Sony is going PC as well. :P

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Gamepass will succeed mostly in the PC space. Xbox as a console brand is basically dead.

By dead you mean selling out?????? Ummm ok no further responses from you are needed

Avatar image for deactivated-611edca0d6021
deactivated-611edca0d6021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 deactivated-611edca0d6021
Member since 2021 • 2226 Posts

@kingtito: series S is available everywhere, though. 🤭

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#104 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 kingtito

@wonderwinner said:

Still can't provide that link eh??? Like I said, no further response from you is needed.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@commander said:
@BassMan said:

@commander: MS is about Game Pass these days and letting people choose how they want to play. They don't really care if you buy an Xbox console. As long you are subscribed to Game Pass or buying their games, they are happy. By that very nature, they will sell less consoles as it is not a requirement.

gamepass is so cheap that this isn't about the service, if you buy a month of gamepass it just converts all your gold into ultimate, even if it's multiple years. It might as well be free.

If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. For games that you don't own, and might leave the service at any give time.

I've been using GPU on the XsX since December and have been able to play through about 6 games, getting great value from each. That's pretty huge for me since I really don't like paying full price for games and don't tend to be too adventurous when trying new titles. M$ won me back with the series X, nice sized system, tons of games I missed and game pass that sounded real appealing. Aside from the 6 games I've played, there are quite a few titles left that I just haven't gotten to but are in my que. How big of a library does one need at any given time?

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

@BassMan said:

Honestly, I can't think of anything MS is doing wrong this gen.

Build good hardware... Check

Provide good backward compatibility and game enhancements.... Check

Provide good services..... Check

Expand the services on multiple platforms.... Check

Invest in first party content.... Check

What exactly is the problem?

Got rid of the dumb power brick ....Check

I've been imoressed with them so far, they just need the games to come. The controller could also use an upgrade, steal that Sony tech

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

It needs some big hitters from all those devs they acquired. And keep the gamepass goodness coming. That'll be plenty successful enough for me.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@kingtito: why even try to damage control with "they're all sold out". When these consoles are easily available and Xbox sales are half of Playstation, we all know you'll just move goal posts and say only Gamepass sub numbers matter. Do sales matter or not? If they don't, stop damage controlling as if they'd be selling the same if they weren't sold out.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 kingtito

@Sagemode87 said:

@kingtito: why even try to damage control with "they're all sold out". When these consoles are easily available and Xbox sales are half of Playstation, we all know you'll just move goal posts and say only Gamepass sub numbers matter. Do sales matter or not? If they don't, stop damage controlling as if they'd be selling the same if they weren't sold out.

Why claim a sold out device is a failure? In what world does that make sense.

Sold out everywhere is easily available? Neither console is easily available wtf are you smoking?

Sorry but you're confusing me with you cows. You're the #1 goalpost movers and have been for more than a decade

Again are you high? Point out where I said they'd sell the same? They're sold out and extremely hard to get at the moment that's not even close to being the same as "selling the same". He made a stupid erroneous statement.

The question is why are YOU DCing my response to him? Did it hurt your itty bitty little feelings? Is all the positive MS news causing sleepless nights like your other bovine partners? Sure seems like it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@mtron32 said:
@commander said:
@BassMan said:

@commander: MS is about Game Pass these days and letting people choose how they want to play. They don't really care if you buy an Xbox console. As long you are subscribed to Game Pass or buying their games, they are happy. By that very nature, they will sell less consoles as it is not a requirement.

gamepass is so cheap that this isn't about the service, if you buy a month of gamepass it just converts all your gold into ultimate, even if it's multiple years. It might as well be free.

If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. For games that you don't own, and might leave the service at any give time.

I've been using GPU on the XsX since December and have been able to play through about 6 games, getting great value from each. That's pretty huge for me since I really don't like paying full price for games and don't tend to be too adventurous when trying new titles. M$ won me back with the series X, nice sized system, tons of games I missed and game pass that sounded real appealing. Aside from the 6 games I've played, there are quite a few titles left that I just haven't gotten to but are in my que. How big of a library does one need at any given time?

what games did you play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@kingtito: "Sold out everywhere is easily available?"

Series S is easily available. Failure.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#113 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

From everywhere to easily available and still no link...alts 🤭

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It's still to early to predict whether MS succeed or not the gen is 7 months old and MS haven't even started dropping 1st party games. A fair estimate will in 6-12 months time.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12951 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

Must be opposite day?^

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kingtito

@wonderwinner said:

And yet you failed to produce any kind of evidence... that's what we call a failure in the real world.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 commander

@sleepnsurf said:

Rent free, it's quiet before the storm. Get ready cows.

I'm not a cow

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@BassMan said:

Honestly, I can't think of anything MS is doing wrong this gen.

Build good hardware... Check

Provide good backward compatibility and game enhancements.... Check

Provide good services..... Check

Expand the services on multiple platforms.... Check

Invest in first party content.... Check

What exactly is the problem?

The only problem is if you're a hardcore cow :)

Hence all the meltdowns on here lately.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I agree even a lot of xbox fans got turned of last gen. Ps4 has out sold xbox one like 2.25 to 1 or something and I only see it being worse this gen like 3-1 maybe even 4-1. The whole thing xbox was supposed to have this gen was power yet a lot of games are looking/performaing better on ps5 so then why get a xbox?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@sealionact: "Is a bigger user base a reason for buying a ps5?"

Yes, you find more people to play COD and FIFA with on PS4/5 than on Xbox. Plus your friends are on PS4/5, not on Xbox.

"Guaranteed Japanese support?"

Yes, Atlus, Falcon, atelier like, tales of, jrpgs and everything else are guaranteed to appear on PS4/5 and on PC, but they'll skip Xbox as usual.

"Better controller?"

Haptics, adaptative triggered and design improvements plus dual shock design is reference to gaming in general for people, not Xbox controllers.

"The only reason to buy a ps5 is its exclusives…"

Wrong as stated above. Give up, you won't convince anyone beyond fanboys that Xbox is worth something, it isn't. Gamepass is not really appealing and if it was full price (it isn't, it costs $1 for a few years) it would be failing.

Series S are always on stock everywhere because people don't care about Xbox. At this point, MS should give up on its console and invest on the cloud and in the PC, where it actually has space to grow. As the market is right now, Xbox is a distant 3rd place and clearly is only sought after when PS consoles are unavailable and the series s is a turd nobody really cares about, a misfire by MS.

There is another aggravating factor that it's on MS's way: most people already have large libraries on PS4 and they won't be trading that for Xbox and gamepass. Xbox losing last gen was a very strong blow in its business and gamepass is not moving any numbers. It's a lost war. MS had a last chance last gen and it blew it. It's over.

1. Even if you ignore crossplay with other platforms - which has more support on Xbox - you are more likely to have MP players on Xbox, because Sony doesn’t do MP games. Sony gamers play the usual SP 3rd person action adventures.

2. Sony have abandoned Japan. The PS platform is largely run by Europeans, and it’s HQ has moved to the States. They continued to cut Japan Studio’s budget quoting “Less need for games that only sell well in Japan”….then they closed the whole studio down. Meanwhile MS are interested in buying “several” Japanese studios. Even ignoring that, why would Japanese support - which is aimed at and mostly supported by a smaller number in the Asian market - be a reason to buy any console in Europe or the US? Sales of those games have shown us we largely don’t care about Japanese oriented games. After all, as you keep insisting - it’s all about sales numbers.….which is why Sony closed SIE Japan.

3. No, Dual shock is not a ”reference” to gaming. PC gamers continually prefer Xbox controllers over Sony controllers, and gimmicks such as the useless microphone and trackpad don’t make it a better controller - as always, it’s down to preference. There is no objectively better controller.

4. If Gamepass isn’t appealing, then why are over 24 million gamers subscribing to it which compares to 3.2 million PSNow subscribers on a console that sold twice as many?

5. You’re basing your belief that people don’t care about Xbox on the partial availability of Series S consoles?

MS have fixed all the issues that their last console faced at launch. They’ve launched a stronger, cooler, quieter, smaller more minimalistic design console with peripherals that work between last and current gen. They’ve been clear about how BC works, and crossbuy too. They stated that last gen consoles will be supported for some time to come, and added features such as Dolby Vision since launch. They’ve made the biggest purchase in gaming history which takes some of the biggest names in gaming and puts them available day 1 on Gamepass.

Sony stated that you needed to buy a ps5 to experience next gen games because they “Believe in generations”. Countless PS4 owners pre-ordered and bought PS5’s knowing the next GOW, GT, HZD etc were only coming out on PS5…..then they flip flopped. The games that apparently would “never work” on PS4 are coming out on PS4.
Sony assured their fans that ps4 and 5 controllers couldn’t swap between systems, meaning you’d have to buy another ps5 controller if you wanted to split screen….then they allowed PS5 games to be controlled by the DualShock when streaming on a PS4. BC has been totally ignored beyond PS4, and multiplat last gen games run consistantly better on XSX.
Crossbuy has been a nightmare for some, a downright cash grab for others. You own Spider-Man on PS4 and want To play the ps5 version on your new console? That will set you back 70 bucks.
Features and updates have been painfully slow….it’s June, and Sony still haven’t certified a single SSD for expanding it’s already smaller storage. No Dolby Vision despite Sony proclaiming how much of a difference DV makes to their Sony TVs.

Sony have one goal and one strategy - produce as many big name exclusives as possible. If it underperforms - like Days Gone - then sequels will be cancelled and efforts are put back into the usual formula which is why seeing the 3rd remaster or remake of The Last of us.

As much as you would like it, Xbox isn’t going anywhere.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@commander: Then I guess we wait and see.

But I disagree with your analysis.

Did you know that magic duels: origins, which released in 2015 and which is the biggest iteration of all the duels versions by far is not released on the playstation. The pc version doesn't have any voice chat or chat function.

Yet on the xbox we had parties filled with magic players, with a lot of rivalry, two on two games and so on. I still play it almost every day.

Where's a good place to start with these games?

Are they mainly multiplayer games?

They only have Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers from 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015 (released in 2014) on the Xbox store. I only see a free to play one on the PC. Don't see it on Steam or GoG.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By commander

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Did you know that magic duels: origins, which released in 2015 and which is the biggest iteration of all the duels versions by far is not released on the playstation. The pc version doesn't have any voice chat or chat function.

Yet on the xbox we had parties filled with magic players, with a lot of rivalry, two on two games and so on. I still play it almost every day.

They only have Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers from 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015 (released in 2014) on the Xbox store. I only see a free to play one on the PC. Don't see it on Steam or GoG.

the latest one from the duels series was magic duels origins, and it was exclusive to the xbox and pc, its also by far the biggest one with 1400 different cards.

They did however discontinued it when they released magic arena, even took it away from the digital storefront.

You can however still play it if you dowloaded it before that time, the servers are still up. You can still play the older duels versions as well but they are much smaller in content and also use dated graphics (and the difference is quite big with magic origins)

Only magic duels 2015 uses as similar engine as origins, and you can still buy that one (unlike origins it isn't free). so I guess if you want to play a duels game this is pretty much your best option.

You can off course also play magic arena on the pc, but it has no controller support and no chat function.

So imagine being a magic duels player where you even have two on two action, you suddenly are forced to play the game on the pc with a mouse and it has no social platform whatsoever.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@commander: OMG I have to use a mouse lol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By commander

@ProtossRushX said:

@commander: OMG I have to use a mouse lol

well that's with magic arena, it's only on the pc, that was also a point I was trying to make here, games like this are highly popular, yet no one is acting, that playstation isn't acting I can understand, but ms already pushed magic duels on the xbox, so why don't they do it with arena.

it would be a game that can help to set the xbox apart, and they already have a playerbase for it.

and yeah a mouse kinda sucks if you're used to play this with a controller on your couch and your big ass tv.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

the latest one from the duels series was magic duels origins, and it was exclusive to the xbox and pc, its also by far the biggest one with 1400 different cards.

They did however discontinued it when they released magic arena, even took it away from the digital storefront.

You can however still play it if you dowloaded it before that time, the servers are still up. You can still play the older duels versions as well but they are much smaller in content and also use dated graphics (and the difference is quite big with magic origins)

Only magic duels 2015 uses as similar engine as origins, and you can still buy that one (unlike origins it isn't free). so I guess if you want to play a duels game this is pretty much your best option.

You can off course also play magic arena on the pc, but it has no controller support and no chat function.

So imagine being a magic duels player where you even have two on two action, you suddenly are forced to play the game on the pc with a mouse and it has no social platform whatsoever.

Is it mainly a multiplayer game?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By commander

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Is it mainly a multiplayer game?

there is a single player campaign , which is usefull to unlock some cards (not all by far though), but it is mainly a multiplayer game yes.

and you can unlock cards through multiplayer as well, allthough you need to be more adept for that.

but I should say 'could', since when they discontinued it they gave all the cards for free for everyone that owned the game.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts
@Pedro said:
@goldenelementxl said:

The Xbox fan base has lowered the bar for success so low that it’s impossible for Xbox to fail. Being last in hardware sales doesn’t matter. Review scores? Nope. Last in software revenue doesn’t matter. Hell, Game Pass is earning less than the competition as well. In fact, we can’t even call Nintendo or PlayStation competition at this point. Lems don’t allow it.

The Xbox getting a participation ribbon is the only measure of success the Xbox fanboys need.

I haven't seen the numbers but can you share the numbers showing that Xbox revenue is least out of the three?

I don't know what they are but they cannot possibly be higher than any of the others since they have a huge 7.5 billion drain on their bottom line from the acquisition.

Also, Sony is the highest grossing video game company out of the MS, Nintendo, and Sony, ranked below Tencent and Epic among other mobile giants.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#130 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Xbox was ultimately successful last gen and, I very much doubt they'll do worse this time around.

The bigger question is whether they'll outperform their peers; they still have a long ways to go.

How so there marketshare shrank 50% They sold 80 million right with the 360 to 40 million xb1's...

While market share and, the number of consoles you sell is important, it's not the most important.

They're making more money than ever before and, their growth engines are healthier than they've ever been.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By commander

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Xbox was ultimately successful last gen and, I very much doubt they'll do worse this time around.

The bigger question is whether they'll outperform their peers; they still have a long ways to go.

How so there marketshare shrank 50% They sold 80 million right with the 360 to 40 million xb1's...

While market share and, the number of consoles you sell is important, it's not the most important.

They're making more money than ever before and, their growth engines are healthier than they've ever been.

Yeah microsoft is making money but not because of xbox

Xbox is not successfull, their sales are not successfull and gamepass is not successfull from a business standpoint either, since they practically giving it away for free.

The reason they giving it almost away for free is to sell more consoles, if you can't see that, I suggest you go check your eyes.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

If there's no improvement for xbox this gen then wrap it up.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@commander said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

Xbox is not successfull, their sales are not successfull and gamepass is not successfull from a business standpoint either, since they practically giving it away for free.

The reason they giving it almost away for free is to sell more consoles, if you can't see that, I suggest you go check your eyes.

You do realize you do not need a console to use gamepass right???

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By commander

@regnaston said:
@commander said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@ProtossRushX said:

no you get it pretty much for free when you have an xbox, or an xbox live account.

You're telling me you're paying for this when all you do is play on pc?

good luck with that

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 regnaston

@commander said:
@regnaston said:
@commander said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@ProtossRushX said:

no you get it pretty much for free when you have an xbox, or an xbox live account.

good luck with that

PC, Stream on Phone, XBOX .. right now multiple ways to play Gamepass games .. it is not to "drive console sales" like you said it was

And you do not get it for "free" when you have an XBOX .. even if you do the $1 convert thing it still will cost you the price of XBOX Live Gold plus $1 ... perhaps that is an indication that XBOX is moving away from XBOX Live Gold.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By commander

@regnaston said:
@commander said:
@regnaston said:

good luck with that

PC, Stream on Phone, XBOX .. right now multiple ways to play Gamepass games .. it is not to "drive console sales" like you said it was

And you do not get it for "free" when you have an XBOX .. even if you do the $1 convert thing it still will cost you the price of XBOX Live Gold plus $1 ... perhaps that is an indication that XBOX is moving away from XBOX Live Gold.

yeah you need xbox live gold lol if you want to play online, so yeah it's basically free. and the gamepass thing is mostly to cater xbox users so they can also play also games on the pc, initially they may have tried with windows 10 to make the pc their platform for xboxlive as well but as expected that just isn't working.

There is too much competition on the pc, you don't even have to look at steam, everyone has its own platform, epic, blizzard, wargaming, and so on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-611edca0d6021

@Nonstop-Madness: "While market share and, the number of consoles you sell is important, it's not the most important.

They're making more money than ever before and, their growth engines are healthier than they've ever been."

Except they're pretty much failing in the game front.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 regnaston

@commander: your original argument was that Gamepass was to push console sales.. that would be true if the console was the only place to play it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By commander

@regnaston said:

@commander: your original argument was that Gamepass was to push console sales.. that would be true if the console was the only place to play it

yeah right, how does having the pc version, which is even more lackluster than the console version exclude the gamepass system to push console sales.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 regnaston

@commander said:
@regnaston said:

yeah right, how does having the pc version, which is even more lackluster than the console version exclude the gamepass system to push console sales.

smh you are reaching

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By commander

@regnaston said:
@commander said:

smh you are reaching

lol you are a sore loser in a debate

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@commander said:
@regnaston said:

1) I would argue GP and XCloud are clearly against the argument that MS is trying to push the consoles. It seems clear they are intentionally moving away from the mindset you have about what their business should be (selling lots of consoles)

2) How is the PC version "even more lackluster"? I don't know all what's on the console version, but the PC version is pretty good

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By commander

@xantufrog said:
@commander said:
@regnaston said:

1) I would argue GP and XCloud are clearly against the argument that MS is trying to push the consoles. It seems clear they are intentionally moving away from the mindset you have about what their business should be (selling lots of consoles)

2) How is the PC version "even more lackluster"? I don't know all what's on the console version, but the PC version is pretty good

What is xbox all access about then. Which let's you play 25 $ a month for 2 years, and you get gamepass for two years + a series s.

Considering you can upgrade your live account for next to nothing that seems an obvious push sell more consoles. Heck even if you don't upgrade your live account, gamepass doesn't cost this much, even if you deduct the price of the series s and even interest.

The fact that gamepass is so cheap is an obvious push for consoles. The fact that the series s is so underpowered and the accessoires are so expensive is an obvious push for consoles

and the pc version of gamepass never includes big titles like gta V or rdr2, heck even on the console they don't stay on there for long.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@commander: I completely disagree. The fact that GP is so cheap supports the push AWAY from console sales focus to service focus. They want as many people on GP as possible, and are aggressively increasing the value of that relative to buying a game directly and needing a console to do so. They don't care, then, what platform you use to pay their never-ending-cc-charge on. XBox all-access also supports that view - they are basically showing the console is "worthless". They just want your recurring payment, and to have you playing the games using the service. They'll even give you a console if you are willing to pay enough

*edit* the PC version of GP has plenty of big hitting games and games that appeal to the PC gaming market. I suppose you could be upset about GTAV and RDR2 not coming to PC GP... I personally wouldn't play them if they did come (although of course others would)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 commander

@xantufrog said:

@commander: I completely disagree. The fact that GP is so cheap supports the push AWAY from console sales focus to service focus. They want as many people on GP as possible, and are aggressively increasing the value of that relative to buying a game directly and needing a console to do so. They don't care, then, what platform you use to pay their never-ending-cc-charge on. XBox all-access also supports that view - they are basically showing the console is "worthless". They just want your recurring payment, and to have you playing the games using the service. They'll even give you a console if you are willing to pay enough

*edit* the PC version of GP has plenty of big hitting games and games that appeal to the PC gaming market. I suppose you could be upset about GTAV and RDR2 not coming to PC GP... I personally wouldn't play them if they did come (although of course others would)

Who 's going to use the creditcard option for like 13$ a month if you can get for 1$ a month. People aren't stupid, and xbox ain't stupid either. They know the word on the street gets around. At this time gamepass costs them money, they not going to make this investment for no reason.

That they want to sell a service/games is as old as the console wars, but for that you also need consoles. They have expanded their platform to the pc but on there they are just a competitor like anyone else. That's not going to save xbox.

Gamepass might be service they can profit on later on, but at this time this is just a lure for people to get them on their console. I mean look at this board, gamepas is the talk of the town because it's basically free.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#146 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@commander: It is not free. No matter how many times you repeat it, there is still going to be a cost to having GamePass.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Disagreed about the gamepass, its revolutionary and it doesn't matter even if sony gets amazing exclusives, gamepass is just that good. It was gamepass where I first found out about the game subnautica...and i've already sunk about 60 hours into it. I recently just built my cyclops, and the damn thing is a beauty, although still a pain in the ass. Theres 100s of other games there that anyone can just jump into an play, tons of undiscovered gems.

I do agree with you on the thing about VR. Xbox is the most powerful console, and im sure it can pull off a VR system better than sony can. But at the same time VR is still pretty niche. I myself bought the occulus, and think its super cool. But its still got a ways to go. I am looking forward to the ps VR2 for the ps5....patiently going to be saving up for it and then get it day 1.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#148 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: to be fair Sony did give away subnautica and 10 other games to literally everyone for free no strings attached.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 blaznwiipspman1
@commander said:
@xantufrog said:

Who 's going to use the creditcard option for like 13$ a month if you can get for 1$ a month. People aren't stupid, and xbox ain't stupid either. They know the word on the street gets around. At this time gamepass costs them money, they not going to make this investment for no reason.

That they want to sell a service/games is as old as the console wars, but for that you also need consoles. They have expanded their platform to the pc but on there they are just a competitor like anyone else. That's not going to save xbox.

Gamepass might be service they can profit on later on, but at this time this is just a lure for people to get them on their console. I mean look at this board, gamepas is the talk of the town because it's basically free.

ok, that is just ridiculous. Do you honestly think people will stop buying games on xbox just because of gamepass? I have a 3 year sub on my series X, and I still purchased a few games regardless. I picked up the entire naruto series, I picked up call of duty black ops2, then I picked up resident evil 2, resident evil 4, resident evil 5, planning on getting re3 and re8 also. Also going to get subnautica below zero on the xbox at some point. Gamepass is a giant playground where you can not just play games for the sake of playing them, but also demo them, and maybe buy other games in the series if you like them. Thats what happened in my case with subnautica. Their devs will make at least $100 off me, and thats just because they put one game on game pass.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@sakaixx said:

@blaznwiipspman1: to be fair Sony did give away subnautica and 10 other games to literally everyone for free no strings attached.

its a shame I missed out on that. I haven't been following up with the ps plus freebies they have every month. And thats my point...thats the beauty of a subscription model. You don't need to worry about microsoft pulling a game after a week, its going to sit there for a few months, even for an year if not longer.