commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16209 Posts

All the tflops and a subscription service ain't going to bring back what made the xbox succesfull.

Action rpg's like mass effect and a earlier release of oblivion was a big score for the x360. In that sense the acquistion of bethesda may not have been a bad idea.

But that ain't the gist of the xbox, it's after all because of the party chat it was considered the bro station. What could bring that back is games that cater multiplayer in an original way.

Look at magic arena for instance, it's hugely popular on the pc, yet it doesn't even have a proper chat function.

Sports fighting games, all we got is ufc. A brawler with an rpg system could be interesting, and no ufc hug central is not what a lot of people are looking for in a sports fighting game.

Vr and ar: did microsoft forget how successfull the wii was, they got tech like the kinect and the hololens. Racing in vr is a thing as well and they also don't have the bad reputation facebook has.

what about the shooter genre, call of duty reinvented itself with warzone, where's the reinvention of halo

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10080 Posts

I think it'll be more successful than you think.

MS won't waste time or money investing in peripherals after the problems Kinect caused. Once VR is proven, they'll probably jump on board. I don't blame them.

I'm not concerned with the games or functions. The PS3 had a super dry first year or two and that bounced back. Granted, they had a lot more brand power. But I think after this year, things will look up. Xbox is quite well positioned now, just needs a bit of time for the games to start rolling out.

And MS has shown to constantly bring new functions.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag  Online
Member since 2013 • 16345 Posts

Xbox has only been successful for one gen and that was due to a year head start and inflated sales numbers from RROD rebuyers. And it still finished 3rd place. It will never be successful again. PC and PS are what gamers care about now.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By commander

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Xbox has only been successful for one gen and that was due to a year head start and inflated sales numbers from RROD rebuyers. And it still finished 3rd place. It will never be successful again. PC and PS are what gamers care about now.

The head start defenitely helped, but don't forget they needed that head start to be viable when you coming up to the most successfull console ever, the ps2.

It gave them a chance, it's not what made it successfull, what made it successfull was the cheaper price, but more importantly the party chat and a game library that catered the bro gamer.

Even with the severe handicap the xboxone had it was still the most interesting console for me, because it had releases like magic duels, early release of games like world of tanks and elite dangerous.

But even that has come to an end, they no longer push for games that cater the xbox gamer, they push now for gamepass and graphics, which is not going to be enough.

and many xbox units were replaced free of charge, make no mistake the x360 was hugely popular.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By commander

@HalcyonScarlet said:

MS won't waste time or money investing in peripherals after the problems Kinect caused. Once VR is proven, they'll probably jump on board. I don't blame them.

I'm not concerned with the games or functions. The PS3 had a super dry first year or two and that bounced back. Granted, they had a lot more brand power. But I think after this year, things will look up. Xbox is quite well positioned now, just needs a bit of time for the games to start rolling out.

Vr/ar doesn't have to be proven, it's already been proven since the day they invented teleport and roomscale.

the management of xbox and windows gaming is simply incompetent, look at the windows mr devices, tracking was huge deal, yet they bring i/o tracking with two camera's, shittty controllers and no games.

what have they been doing with xbox one, they try to bring the pc in play, which isn't a bad feat, I have to be honest. I can actually play vr while talking in party chat but that isn't not gong to make the xbox successfull again.

and sure the xbox one had a disastrous launch but they could fix it by releasing good games, but what do they do, they focus on backwards compatiblity , and xbox one x that costed 500 $ to beat the ps4 pro.

Yeah it doesn't work like that, the ps4 may have become more succesfull because it was better in graphics, but it did for a cheaper price, releasing a more expensive console to get better graphics is not going to yield the same results.

They make the same mistake with the series x, and the gamepass should solve this, it's a neat idea, but easily countered by sony with psnow.

Bluudynuckles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bluudynuckles
Member since 2015 • 107 Posts

m$ defly needs to bring some games on the level of last of us / horizon / ghost of / rachet series ..no more excuses

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 4084 Posts

@commander said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The head start defenitely helped, but don't forget they needed that head start to be viable when you coming up to the most successfull console ever, the ps2.

It gave them a chance, it's not what made it successfull, what made it successfull was the cheaper price, but more importantly the party chat and a game library that catered the bro gamer.

Even with the severe handicap the xboxone had it was still the most interesting console for me, because it had releases like magic duels, early release of games like world of tanks and elite dangerous.

But even that has come to an end, they no longer push for games that cater the xbox gamer, they push now for gamepass and graphics, which is not going to be enough.

and many xbox units were replaced free of charge, make no mistake the x360 was hugely popular.

PS2 sales numbers are misleading. And it had a shit library compared to PS1. Also it had very poor support of 480p, where almost all games on even the Gamecube and Dreamcast supported the better resolution. If not for being in production until 2013, produced almost twice as long as its competitors, and marketed in countries where other consoles weren't available, the PS2 sales numbers wouldn't even be close to where they ended up.

Want to see how great the PS2 really was? Just look at how many people bought its successor.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By commander

@eoten said:
@commander said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

PS2 sales numbers are misleading. And it had a shit library compared to PS1. Also it had very poor support of 480p, where almost all games on even the Gamecube and Dreamcast supported the better resolution. If not for being in production until 2013, produced almost twice as long as its competitors, and marketed in countries where other consoles weren't available, the PS2 sales numbers wouldn't even be close to where they ended up.

Want to see how great the PS2 really was? Just look at how many people bought its successor.

Yeah I know the longer availability and the later launch of the ps3 did boost the sales numbers, but you're kinda missing the ball here.

By 2004 the ps2 sold like 80 million units, the xbox sold 20 million , this while the xbox was a better system in every way.

The gamecube sales were even lower, and this was nintendo, and the gamecube was a more powerfull system than the ps2 as well.

Sony was simply king at the time, and the reason a lot of people didn't buy a ps3 is because the x360 was so successfull, not because the ps2 wasn't that popular.

At that time the xbox division simply pushed sony of the throne, which also resulted in them becoming megalomaniacs with the release of the xboxone.

Well we all know how that turned out, and the sudden price drop of gddr5 prices created a perfect storm.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 158

#9  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 13875 Posts

Xbox will be successful this gen for sure. Good hardware, good services, and a new focus on first party. There is no reason to think otherwise. They may not sell more than Playstation or Nintendo, but you don't have to be on top to be successful.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By commander

@bluudynuckles said:

m$ defly needs to bring some games on the level of last of us / horizon / ghost of / rachet series ..no more excuses

That wouldn't really solve teh problem , it would help a bit for sure but these are not the type of games that sets the xbox apart, that's playstations thing.

What they need is more multiplayer oriented games, and simply games the playstation doesn't cater in general, and that market has simply been forgotten.

Did you know that the last boxing game is released 10 years ago? we got ufc now, but that ain't the same thing at all. Where was halo in this battle royale craze? it was good idea to bring pubg to the xbox , but playstation has it now as well, and call of duty already filled a void there on the palystation as well.

All i see from the xbox division is incompetence, and being out of touch with its core business. Allthough I have to say the acquistion of bethesda may be a good thing, if they actually help bethesda to bring them to the next level, which I doubt they'll do.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By commander

@BassMan said:

Xbox will be successful this gen for sure. Good hardware, good services, and a new focus on first party. There is no reason to think otherwise. They may not sell more than Playstation or Nintendo, but you don't have to be on top to be successful.

do you know how big the gap is with playstation? this isn't about selling more than playstation, and nintendo has pretty much left the console market as we know it ages ago.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BassMan

@commander: MS is about Game Pass these days and letting people choose how they want to play. They don't really care if you buy an Xbox console. As long you are subscribed to Game Pass or buying their games, they are happy. By that very nature, they will sell less consoles as it is not a requirement.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 commander

@BassMan said:

@commander: MS is about Game Pass these days and letting people choose how they want to play. They don't really care if you buy an Xbox console. As long you are subscribed to Game Pass or buying their games, they are happy. By that very nature, they will sell less consoles as it is not a requirement.

gamepass is so cheap that this isn't about the service, if you buy a month of gamepass it just converts all your gold into ultimate, even if it's multiple years. It might as well be free.

If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. For games that you don't own, and might leave the service at any give time.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20839 Posts

Totally disagree.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 5209 Posts

23+ gamepass subscribers.

theAM0G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theAM0G
Member since 2021 • 403 Posts

All these 'I don't see what all the hype is about with Microsoft or Xbox this gen' threads right before their supposedly mic dropping E3 presentation.

Microsoft currently has Cows dreaming about them at the moment, creating thesis essays on gaming message boards regarding how they are predicted to fail by kids that are still in middle school or by grown adults with no higher educational experience 😩😂

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BassMan

@commander said:
@BassMan said:

gamepass is so cheap that this isn't about the service, if you buy a month of gamepass it just converts all your gold into ultimate, even if it's multiple years. It might as well be free.

If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. For games that you don't own, and might leave the service at any give time.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#18 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

Mkay.

theAM0G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theAM0G
Member since 2021 • 403 Posts

@commander: 'If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. '

You are completely clueless in regards to business strategies.

A Series S is currently the cheapest way to play any next gen game. How is this costing 'an arm and a leg' when the next available options are the Series X, smartphone and gaming PC, all of which cost more than $300?

How is gamepass in general successful, you question? 23 million subs and counting, that's how. Doesn't matter whether it's the PC version or console version. A sub is a sub.

23 million customers paying $15 PER MONTH is greater than releasing a $60 AAA game once every year that might sell a few million and then drop off. Microsoft is basically printing money each month at this point.

Avatar image for ghost_of_phobos
Ghost_of_Phobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Ghost_of_Phobos
Member since 2020 • 2197 Posts

I really hope they are successful since hardware, service and studios are all great. But I don't know really, even outside the toxicity of System Wars the negativity towards Xbox is still very high and in this age of social media, fake outrage and cancel culture I don't know if the brand will be able to push past that.

But as I see it, they don't need to "win" sales or whatever just have a solid enough base to build upon. Hopefully PC market will allow them some growth.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 7231 Posts

I have little doubt that most Cows want the Xbox to fail.

It’s a little late for that.

Ms have delivered on their promises - Sony have broken theirs. At the end of the day, if you like Sony’s exclusives and don’t want to wait for them to come to pc, then that is the only possible reason I can give for getting a ps5 over an Xbox. Seeing as the majority of ps5 games are no longer exclusives, there’s even less incentive to buy a ps5.

I also think it’s puzzling that you think Xbox doesn’t have enough mp focused games, when Sony have literally zero mp games of note spanning three generations.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 31887 Posts

If Xbox makes great games, I'd gladly support them. Forza Horizon 4 is still one of the best. But other than that, they've been a stinker.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6712 Posts

Personally I believe when the developers Microsoft acquired start releasing the AAA games and they become successful that's when the "train will start moving" in proper direction and I do believe Xbox will be successful this generation.

I am also waiting for those games to arrive so I can pick up Series X or upgrade my current older PC to enjoy those games.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1045 Posts

Gamepass will succeed mostly in the PC space. Xbox as a console brand is basically dead.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#25  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51296 Posts

Xbox is Game Pass. Game Pass is going to be the company's focus and will cause a shift in gaming and consumer purchasing. Thinking that Xbox is just about selling consoles is shortsighted. Consoles will still be important for the brand because it sets the standard for hardware and development. The scope of the Xbox division is beyond the console war.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 13176 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

That's too bad. People keep saying MS has money to throw around and VR would be a great addition. The problem is they would have to line up content and historically MS has just put out peripherals without lining up third party support.

This time they have Bethesda who think VR is "magical" and have a lot of good ideas and continue to produce VR content, DoubleFine as well who have done VR, and they even added PSVR support to Minecraft. They could do so with Forza and Halo.

They should go for it.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1045 Posts

@sealionact: "then that is the only possible reason I can give for getting a ps5 over an Xbox."

Bigger userbase, guaranteed japanese support, better controller, brand power. Just a few reasons why ps easily dominates Xbox. Also, once the price of GPUs and CPUs finally normalize, there'll be no reason at all to go Xbox over PC. Nintendo and Sony have real reasons to justify its existence whereas Xbox hasn't.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35253 Posts

I think they’ll be quite successful this gen myself. May not sell the most consoles but that’s not needed to be successful.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 1782 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

That's too bad. People keep saying MS has money to throw around and VR would be a great addition. The problem is they would have to line up content and historically MS has just put out peripherals without lining up third party support.

This time they have Bethesda who think VR is "magical" and have a lot of good ideas and continue to produce VR content, DoubleFine as well who have done VR, and they even added PSVR support to Minecraft. They could do so with Forza and Halo.

They should go for it.

Totally agree. Even if it's just an existing 3rd party solution... how risky could it really be?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 7644 Posts

Xbox is an app ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think MS is using the same performance metrics to determine success as System Warriors.

Anyway, I'm happy with their approach.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 3309 Posts

With all the monthly sold numbers putting Xbox at 3 rd place every month, it’s pretty clear that Xbox is going to be a flop this year .

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 708 Posts

MS main focus is Gamepass and not Xbox i doubt after this generation that they will build any consoles

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1610 Posts

Xbox will likely always be behind in hardware sales so from a pure hardware view you could call xbox a flop. However from a software / Gamepass perspective I'd call it a success. As a business, I'd much rather be successful in software than hardware.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 10080 Posts

@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Vr/ar doesn't have to be proven, it's already been proven since the day they invented teleport and roomscale.

the management of xbox and windows gaming is simply incompetent, look at the windows mr devices, tracking was huge deal, yet they bring i/o tracking with two camera's, shittty controllers and no games.

what have they been doing with xbox one, they try to bring the pc in play, which isn't a bad feat, I have to be honest. I can actually play vr while talking in party chat but that isn't not gong to make the xbox successfull again.

and sure the xbox one had a disastrous launch but they could fix it by releasing good games, but what do they do, they focus on backwards compatiblity , and xbox one x that costed 500 $ to beat the ps4 pro.

Yeah it doesn't work like that, the ps4 may have become more succesfull because it was better in graphics, but it did for a cheaper price, releasing a more expensive console to get better graphics is not going to yield the same results.

They make the same mistake with the series x, and the gamepass should solve this, it's a neat idea, but easily countered by sony with psnow.

VR is still a gimmick. It's good for somethings but it hasn't proved that it's needed or that gamers want it for playing in general. That's what a gimmick is. It needs to be proven that it's worth MS releasing something for it and investing in it. And I don't think it's worth it right now after Kinect.

One thing at a time. Focus on the games now and add gimmicks later, down the road. They don't need another Kinect like shit show.

They dumped everything and restarted during the Xbox One period behind the scenes, they're only now starting to show the fruits of that. Everything has been moving to come together at this point.

PSNow isn't going to compete with Gamepass. That involved Sony making a huge decision to dump their current business strategy and go the same way. Sony half assed PSNow. It shows, with only 3.2M gamers.

MS have a lot of studios that'll start to continually release games, and they're practically giving them away with Gamepass, day one. That's going to be a popular move. Where as Sony are charging £70 a pop. That's going to get old at some point. Especially as games are coming out on the PS4 at the same time.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 me2002
Member since 2002 • 2789 Posts

To MS, success is measured by how GamePass does. I don't think it will do well, they need more and better 1st party games and newer 3rd party games.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 1559 Posts

6 months since the console launched and they don't have one notable quality exclusive to the platform... Playstation has 3 and another coming this month. MS only solution was to buy more studios. I don't blame them for doing that buy I can't name ONE studio that improved after MS bought them.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Xbox One ruffled so many feathers it was overpriced and weaker than the PS4 there is no excuses. The ruffled ness got worse with the x-series x which has no games at all. The system is selling worse than the xb1 in japan things aren't getting better.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commander

@robert_sparkes said:

23+ gamepass subscribers.

I'm one of them, it costed me 30$ for 3 years of gamepass.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By commander
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@commander said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

VR is still a gimmick. It's good for somethings but it hasn't proved that it's needed or that gamers want it for playing in general. That's what a gimmick is. It needs to be proven that it's worth MS releasing something for it and investing in it. And I don't think it's worth it right now after Kinect.

One thing at a time. Focus on the games now and add gimmicks later, down the road. They don't need another Kinect like shit show.

They dumped everything and restarted during the Xbox One period behind the scenes, they're only now starting to show the fruits of that. Everything has been moving to come together at this point.

PSNow isn't going to compete with Gamepass. That involved Sony making a huge decision to dump their current business strategy and go the same way. Sony half assed PSNow. It shows, with only 3.2M gamers.

MS have a lot of studios that'll start to continually release games, and they're practically giving them away with Gamepass, day one. That's going to be a popular move. Where as Sony are charging £70 a pop. That's going to get old at some point. Especially as games are coming out on the PS4 at the same time.

How is vr still a gimmick when the quest 2 has like 2 million sales in 6 months. It's selling like hotcakes, and this is just the quest 2, there other headsets as well.

everyone that's into vr since the beginning knows that it isn't a gimmick, it just had a slow start because of the entry fee, and because the technology was still in its infancy.

The kinect was wrong because it was mandatory, it gave people the wrong idea, and it made the xbox one more expensive as well, this while it had weaker hardware. Yet it would be amazing tech for vr.

how is xbox one coming together, teh series x isn't going to save them, not with a ps5 that sells for 400$. The gamepass isn't going to save them either, the reason they have so many subcribers because it's dirt cheap, and the library is like 1/7 of psnow.

I have gamepass as well, it costed me 30$ in 3 years, I only have it because it's so cheap. It's not a reason to buy an xbox, the library is too lackluster for it.

where are these studios that release these games, I have an xbox, the meduim, is that it, it's actually a game that belongs more on the playstation than the xbox.

Sure this E3 they can still surprise me, but I fear they are still dancing to the same tune, and that just ain't going to work. It hasn't been working for years.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 1946 Posts

@silentchief said:

6 months since the console launched and they don't have one notable quality exclusive to the platform... Playstation has 3 and another coming this month. MS only solution was to buy more studios. I don't blame them for doing that buy I can't name ONE studio that improved after MS bought them.

3?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By commander

@theam0g said:

@commander: 'If you look at the ssd upgrades on the series s, this is not about just the service, otherwise this wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

and how exactly is the pc version of gamepass be that successfull, the library is not that big (heck the xbox library isn't that big either) and you have to pay full price. '

You are completely clueless in regards to business strategies.

A Series S is currently the cheapest way to play any next gen game. How is this costing 'an arm and a leg' when the next available options are the Series X, smartphone and gaming PC, all of which cost more than $300?

How is gamepass in general successful, you question? 23 million subs and counting, that's how. Doesn't matter whether it's the PC version or console version. A sub is a sub.

23 million customers paying $15 PER MONTH is greater than releasing a $60 AAA game once every year that might sell a few million and then drop off. Microsoft is basically printing money each month at this point.

I paid 30 $ for 3 years of gamepass, if you think it's 15$ a month you obviously don't have an xbox, or don't know about the free gold upgrade they have been doing since the beginning.

It's not difficult to get 23 million subscribers if you pretty much give it away, heck this is like half of the people that have an xboxone.

how is the xbox series s the only reason to play next gen games, it's weaker than the xboxone x. Releasing games like the medium that don't work on the xboxone x is just plain desperation. That's not going to be the case with other 'next gen' games.

Next gen games that don't exist btw, its all going to be multiplat and sure they going to leave the xboxone behind pretty soon, but let's not forget that the xboxone is packing a low end gpu from 2012. Heck it might even surpass the x360 lifecycle and it packed an experimental top gpu at the start.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 1847 Posts

If things don't improve, they might as well be a Gamepass subscription and video game provider, and submit to defeat to Sony and Nintendo.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By commander
@pmanden said:

Xbox will likely always be behind in hardware sales so from a pure hardware view you could call xbox a flop. However from a software / Gamepass perspective I'd call it a success. As a business, I'd much rather be successful in software than hardware.

if you think gamepass makes a profit at the price they selling it you are mistaken, they practically give it away at teh time because you can transform your gold service to ultimate (which includes gamepass) by just buying one month of gamepass, and it will convert your current gold subscription, no matter how long it is.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blamix
Member since 2006 • 1428 Posts

If they manage to make atleast 3 great games i might buy an XSX. They got 0 last gen

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11691 Posts

"23 million customers paying $15 PER MONTH"

Lol why would PC gamers pay more than $10/month for gamepass? I would bet money that a huge amount of those subs are upgrade live gold accounts also or the $1 deal that seems to never end. If you knew business, you'd know MS isn't printing money with gamepass and that it's all a setup for the future, which might work out well for them, might not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@blamix said:

If they manage to make atleast 3 great games i might buy an XSX. They got 0 last gen

Exactly its about the games at the end of day they are off to an awful start

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11691 Posts

@sealionact: "At the end of the day, if you like Sony’s exclusives and don’t want to wait for them to come to pc, then that is the only possible reason I can give for getting a ps5 over an Xbox."

Good point, but for me, I definitely need to play most Sony exclusives. So my options are to get a decent PC and wait, get a PS5 and not wait, or get a PS5 and a PC and be able to play all games except Nintendo. No where in my situation do I see a reason to get an xbox. PS5 + PC seems like the best way to go. If you don't care about Sonys exclusives at all and don't want to game on PC, then xbox is for you. If all Sony games went to PC day 1, then there might be some incentive to go with an xbox as my living room console just because of the power advantage mostly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@shadyacshuns said:

That's a stupid take that rambles on with no clear and coherent reasoning to back up your silly claim.

OP is a lem hes not being silly when he calls out microsoft just a fan.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 7231 Posts

@wonderwinner said:

@sealionact: "then that is the only possible reason I can give for getting a ps5 over an Xbox."

Bigger userbase, guaranteed japanese support, better controller, brand power. Just a few reasons why ps easily dominates Xbox. Also, once the price of GPUs and CPUs finally normalize, there'll be no reason at all to go Xbox over PC. Nintendo and Sony have real reasons to justify its existence whereas Xbox hasn't.

Is a bigger user base a reason for buying a ps5? Anybody who bought a product based on how many people bought it instead of whether or not it was something they actually wanted will tell you that’s not a good justification for spending money.
Guaranteed Japanese support? After Sony basically abandoning the Japanese market?
Better controller? Extremely subjective. Especially when the dual sense was hyped around the haptics and microphone…..the first of which makes the second practically useless?
The only reason to buy a ps5 is its exclusives….and seeing as Sony lied about how they believed in generations and as so many of those games are available elsewhere….yeah, there’s like 3 or 4 genuine exclusive reasons to buy a bigger, weaker, arguably uglier console with less features, less support and less interchanging with last gen.