Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51379 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@blaznwiipspman1: to be fair Sony did give away subnautica and 10 other games to literally everyone for free no strings attached.

That is odd. I was told Sony gamers prefer to pay $70 for their games and that freebies is for poor Xbox gamers. <----I am literally not making that shit up.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#152 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 12098 Posts

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

@blaznwiipspman1: to be fair Sony did give away subnautica and 10 other games to literally everyone for free no strings attached.

That is odd. I was told Sony gamers prefer to pay $70 for their games and that freebies is for poor Xbox gamers. <----I am literally not making that shit up.

Actual freebies with zero strings attached. You dont even have to subscribe to PS+ or Gamepass or whatever pass out there, Subnautica is literally free for everyone that owns PS. But seems like blaznwiipspman is still alergic to absolutely free hence why he chose gamepass version 不五

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

Actual freebies with zero strings attached. You dont even have to subscribe to PS+ or Gamepass or whatever pass out there, Subnautica is literally free for everyone that owns PS. But seems like blaznwiipspman is still alergic to absolutely free hence why he chose gamepass version 不五

If he already has GamePass and it is on GamePass what is the issue?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#154 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 12098 Posts

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

If he already has GamePass and it is on GamePass what is the issue?

No issues at all Pedro. I was pointing out the game was free, literally free with no strings attached.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

No issues at all Pedro. I was pointing out the game was free, literally free with no strings attached.

You need a PlayStation. If you don't have one, you are out of luck.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16209 Posts

@Pedro said:

@commander: It is not free. No matter how many times you repeat it, there is still going to be a cost to having GamePass.

12 months of gold + 1 month of gamepass = 13 months of ultimate gamepass.

gold you have to pay anyway, so you're paying 1$ a month, that's basically free to me, sure it's not completey free, but now you're just debating semantics.

You can also buy 3 years of gold and 1 month of gamepass, that's 37 months of ultimate gamepass.

That's like 30 cents a month

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By commander
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@commander said:
@xantufrog said:

@commander: I completely disagree. The fact that GP is so cheap supports the push AWAY from console sales focus to service focus. They want as many people on GP as possible, and are aggressively increasing the value of that relative to buying a game directly and needing a console to do so. They don't care, then, what platform you use to pay their never-ending-cc-charge on. XBox all-access also supports that view - they are basically showing the console is "worthless". They just want your recurring payment, and to have you playing the games using the service. They'll even give you a console if you are willing to pay enough

*edit* the PC version of GP has plenty of big hitting games and games that appeal to the PC gaming market. I suppose you could be upset about GTAV and RDR2 not coming to PC GP... I personally wouldn't play them if they did come (although of course others would)

Who 's going to use the creditcard option for like 13$ a month if you can get for 1$ a month. People aren't stupid, and xbox ain't stupid either. They know the word on the street gets around. At this time gamepass costs them money, they not going to make this investment for no reason.

That they want to sell a service/games is as old as the console wars, but for that you also need consoles. They have expanded their platform to the pc but on there they are just a competitor like anyone else. That's not going to save xbox.

Gamepass might be service they can profit on later on, but at this time this is just a lure for people to get them on their console. I mean look at this board, gamepas is the talk of the town because it's basically free.

ok, that is just ridiculous. Do you honestly think people will stop buying games on xbox just because of gamepass? I have a 3 year sub on my series X, and I still purchased a few games regardless. I picked up the entire naruto series, I picked up call of duty black ops2, then I picked up resident evil 2, resident evil 4, resident evil 5, planning on getting re3 and re8 also. Also going to get subnautica below zero on the xbox at some point. Gamepass is a giant playground where you can not just play games for the sake of playing them, but also demo them, and maybe buy other games in the series if you like them. Thats what happened in my case with subnautica. Their devs will make at least $100 off me, and thats just because they put one game on game pass.

If you got 3 year sub though the gold upgrade system that costs you like 30 cents a months, is this the big money making service for microsoft?

the fact that you buy games just because you tried them on gamepass is a bit odd, especially since there is so much video and reviews on games nowadays. You're telling me you wouldn't have bought none of those games without gamepass, that doesn't sound like the average consumer to me.

What I do see that you got a series x, did you get for the gamepass or the hardware. Because none of those things will be important for the average consumer in the long run, it's the exclusives and price that mostly does the trick.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pedro

@commander said:

If you got 3 year sub though the gold upgrade system that costs you like 30 cents a months, is this the big money making service for microsoft?

the fact that you buy games just because you tried them on gamepass is a bit odd, especially since there is so much video and reviews on games nowadays. You're telling me you wouldn't have bought none of those games without gamepass, that doesn't sound like the average consumer to me.

What I do see that you got a series x, did you get for the gamepass or the hardware. Because none of those things will be important for the average consumer in the long run, it's the exclusives and price that mostly does the trick.

The average consumer doesn't care about a game being exclusive. They care that the game they want is available on the platform they purchased. Also if you say price is one of the factors that mostly does the trick then GamePass is a win.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16197 Posts

@commander: the point of that really competitive pricing is to lure people onto the service. Any way you look at it.

Already have an XBox? Cool! Have you met our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe.

Already have a PC? Cool! Have you met our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe.

Don't have a PC or an XBox, but want to enjoy our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe. Cool! For a low low monthly fee we can throw a console in as a bundle to allow you to get onto that service!

*edit* - and now TVs. Really - XBox is a hardware-independent platform now. It's a brand, and a service. Not a box.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 8048 Posts

@Pedro said:
@commander said:

The average consumer doesn't care about a game being exclusive. They care that the game they want is available on the platform they purchased. Also if you say price is one of the factors that mostly does the trick then GamePass is a win.

pretty much this ^^

1) 30 cents a month?? I did get a discount but it came to around $6/month. MS doesn't care about losing money, they're investing

2) Have you never heard of demos, people used to buy games after trying them out. Going by reviews is fine but a demo is the best way to truly tell if you like something or not.

3) I bought xbox because its the xbox, ive been gaming on it since the 360 days. I prefer the xbox games over playstation games, with a few exceptions. Also yes the hardware and gamepass were the cherry on top, it added value to my purchase of xbox. You really never looked at the list of gamepass games have you? Its filled with casual games like nba 2k21, madden, the show 21, fifa 21, etc etc. Its a casual heaven

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 commander
@Pedro said:
@commander said:

That's just semantics again, what does it matter the game is also on pc for most console gamers.

The reason xbox remained so far at the back of the bus is because it doesn't have any major new games that brings people to their platform.

and how is price a good thing here for the xbox, the series x is more expensive and the series s is a terrible deal.

Let's see how well this turns out, when xbox doesn't have any games to show for.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By commander
@xantufrog said:

@commander: the point of that really competitive pricing is to lure people onto the service. Any way you look at it.

Already have an XBox? Cool! Have you met our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe.

Already have a PC? Cool! Have you met our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe.

Don't have a PC or an XBox, but want to enjoy our monthly-fee service called GP? Because you aren't really getting the best of gaming unless you subscribe. Cool! For a low low monthly fee we can throw a console in as a bundle to allow you to get onto that service!

*edit* - and now TVs. Really - XBox is a hardware-independent platform now. It's a brand, and a service. Not a box.

If increasing and expanding this service would be the gist of their business strategy they're even more stupid than I thought.

Look at psnow subscribers. that's how succesfull a service like this is. That's because most gamers don't think like this, they want to play the games they like.

gamepass just looks successfull because they're basically giving it away.

That series s console isn't free with the monthly fee, if you look at what gamepass exactly cost, you're pretty much paying 500$ for a 300 $ console, which is already terrible value at that price.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 16197 Posts

@commander: wow. I just am not going to see eye to eye with you on this. Thinking expanding the service is somehow a bad business strategy surely means you think Netflix is an unsuccessful business model? I think I'm gonna bail on this - I can't see this debate ending until the "gen" is old and one of us can point to how it shook out

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 5849 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@commander: wow. I just am not going to see eye to eye with you on this. Thinking expanding the service is somehow a bad business strategy surely means you think Netflix is an unsuccessful business model? I think I'm gonna bail on this - I can't see this debate ending until the "gen" is old and one of us can point to how it shook out

Really, all we can do is wait and see. Expanding the userbase the way Xbox is sounds great on paper. The problem is, Game Pass is 3 years old now, and the competition is outpacing Xboxs growth. And the way Xbox has been so aggressive with Game Pass promotions, we have no idea how consumers are really responding. Game Pass comes with console sales, laptop sales, PC hardware sales, groceries, etc... But when Nintendo and PlayStation continue to break records, that would lead me to believe Xbox isn't gaining the marketshare, or software revenue boost they were hoping for.

I'm all for being wrong. I want this to work out. But 3 years of numbers lead me to believe otherwise.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 1388 Posts

@goldenelementxl: PS Now is out pacing Game Pass?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

Really, all we can do is wait and see. Expanding the userbase the way Xbox is sounds great on paper. The problem is, Game Pass is 3 years old now, and the competition is outpacing Xboxs growth. And the way Xbox has been so aggressive with Game Pass promotions, we have no idea how consumers are really responding. Game Pass comes with console sales, laptop sales, PC hardware sales, groceries, etc... But when Nintendo and PlayStation continue to break records, that would lead me to believe Xbox isn't gaining the marketshare, or software revenue boost they were hoping for.

I'm all for being wrong. I want this to work out. But 3 years of numbers lead me to believe otherwise.

GamePass is 3 years old and is outpacing its competition PSNow and Stadia. GamePass is a service that should be compared to other services. If you want to talk about console sales, that is fine but treating GamePass as if it is a console makes no sense whatsoever.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 GoldenElementXL

@Pedro: @gym_lion: I'm not comparing a service to a console. That's not what I mean.

PlayStation and Nintendo are selling software at a record pace in a world where you can get hundreds of games for $1-$10 a month on a Xbox or PC. That means Game Pass isn't being as disruptive as you would think. It's not even a speed bump to Nintendo or Sony.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58664 Posts

Lem sympathizer mods @AdobeArtist and @TheEroica are fuming. :D

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 8048 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@Pedro: @gym_lion: I'm not comparing a service to a console. That's not what I mean.

PlayStation and Nintendo are selling software at a record pace in a world where you can get hundreds of games for $1-$10 a month on a Xbox or PC. That means Game Pass isn't being as disruptive as you would think. It's not even a speed bump to Nintendo or Sony.

Game Pass Massive Growth Is Bringing Developers Some Surprises (forbes.com)

the growth for gamepass has been massive. At last check there were 18 million active subscribers and growing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Pedro

@goldenelementxl said:

That is a very shortsighted view of how things work especially trends. You don't wait for another company to be disruptive before you start responding. When GamePass do become disruptive (and I am pretty sure it will), Sony or Nintendo responding when that happens will be too late. Sony is not waiting for GamePass to be a problem to react, they are already making changes to their approach.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 GoldenElementXL

@Pedro said:

That is a very shortsighted view of how things work especially trends. You don't wait for another company to be disruptive before you start responding. When GamePass do become disruptive (and I am pretty sure it will), Sony or Nintendo responding when that happens will be too late. Sony is not waiting for GamePass to be a problem to react, they are already making changes to their approach.

The reaction by Sony has been half assed at best. They were ready to react, but pulled back imo. The revenue of selling 10+ million copies of a $60 game vs splitting the $10 per sub revenue among dozens of devs/pubs is very different. The sub count would need to be well over 50 million for that math to make any sense.

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Game Pass Massive Growth Is Bringing Developers Some Surprises (forbes.com)

the growth for gamepass has been massive. At last check there were 18 million active subscribers and growing.

Look at the Devs in that article that have experienced the massive growth. They're the b-tier, indie-ish type devs that gain a TON of exposure by being on Game Pass. That's a huge positive for the devs, and gamers who otherwise wouldn't be exposed to these great games.

The 18 million, or whatever it is now, sub count is SUPER iffy in its accuracy as far as actual paying subscribers. Xbox has been putting the service everywhere, giving the service away with all sorts of different purchases. I have more Game Pass codes than I know what to do with. I give them to anyone and everyone I think may be interested. And that's a smart move by Xbox. They are in the growing stage and need to get the service out there as much as possible. They've also set the expectation that the service will start reporting losses in the near future.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#172 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9233 Posts

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

There is no way you are serious with this argument, Pedro. Are you?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Pedro

@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

There is no way you are serious with this argument, Pedro. Are you?

Context my intrusive friend context.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 5340 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

The reaction by Sony has been half assed at best. They were ready to react, but pulled back imo. The revenue of selling 10+ million copies of a $60 game vs splitting the $10 per sub revenue among dozens of devs/pubs is very different. The sub count would need to be well over 50 million for that math to make any sense.

you're still working under the false assumption that titles in Game Pass don't sell.. that has been proven to not be the case time and time again..

In terms of the new stats, Microsoft announced that Game Pass users play 30% more genres and 40% more games overall. 90% of subscribers told Microsoft they played a game they otherwise would have overlooked. Microsoft also said that "engagement" with Xbox Game Pass titles, on average, is up by more than 8x when they go on Game Pass.

Subscribers are spending more, too, as Microsoft said members spend 50% more on content than non-subscribers.

--

Square Enix's Outriders launched on Game Pass day one, and this seemingly didn't stop it from having strong sales. Microsoft said Outriders was the No. 1 best-selling digital Xbox game on the Xbox platform during its launch week and it stayed in the top 10 for the first month.

--

MLB The Show 21 also came to Xbox Game Pass on day one, and during its launch week, the game became the "biggest sports game of the past year" on Xbox. It was also the second biggest sports game of all time on Xbox, though the No. 1 title was no revealed. Direct sales of MLB The Show 21 on Xbox were strong too, becoming the No. 1 overall best-selling paid game on Xbox for April 2021.

--

link

the facts simply don't line up with your narrative.. it's not like Game Pass titles aren't being sold for retail price anymore since they're in Game Pass.. Microsoft is racking up Game Pass subscriptions and selling software to both those subscribers and non-subscribers alike..

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K: Ive addressed all of that with a logical counterpoint. Its become exhausting at this point. You keep taking all the Xbox PR at face value. Thats what you are looking for. Ill keep looking at the data given. We know Xbox software sales arent what the competitions are. What we dont know is individual numbers vs other platforms numbers or how many copies are sold vs the engagement in Game Pass. That info is far more useful than what youre providing. But it would likely prove your points wrong, so you obviously dont want to know those numbers.

Indies seeing a boost, or a game selling in 3rd place on the Xbox platform sounds nice in a PR piece, but it tells us almost nothing in the grand scheme of things.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By commander

@xantufrog said:

yeah but netflix ain't the same as games, consoles aren't pc's , and streaming isn't the same either.

psnow has like 3 million subcribers out of like a 110 million, xbox 23 million out of like 40. and psnow is actually way better than xbox offering. It is dirt cheap for what if offers but it still cost a bit of money. Gamepass on the other hand costs next to nothing and it's also the reason it is succesfull.

Psnow today is also a counter move by sony, and it is never going to last, this is a similar battle like the x360 and ps3 where we pretty much got 1500$ - 2000$ worth of hardware in a 400-500$ console.

look what the result was, the ps4 and xbox one were the weakest consoles released in history, both companies made such big investment with the x360 and xboxone they could not invest in a next gen console.

I'm not saying that's the case now, since these investments are that big as the x360/ps3 era

but it's still just a power struggle, and if psnow is only at this amount of subscribers with this amount of content for that price, I can't really see this going anywhere.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: what we definitely know is that games are still being sold at retail price despite being in Game Pass.. you seem to continually imply it's either one or the other with this false narrative..

it's not PlayStation retail sales versus Game Pass subs only.. its PlayStation retails sales vs Game Pass subs and Xbox retails sales.. Xbox retail sales that are either not being hindered by Game Pass or are being boosted by Game Pass.. and until you provide data or quotes to the contrary, you're just speculating..

it's also funny how any sort of data gets boiled down to "PR" when it doesn't fit your narrative..

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: what we definitely know is that games are still being sold at retail price despite being in Game Pass.. you seem to continually imply it's either one or the other with this false narrative..

it's not PlayStation retail sales versus Game Pass subs only.. its PlayStation retails sales vs Game Pass subs and Xbox retails sales.. Xbox retail sales that are either not being hindered by Game Pass or are being boosted by Game Pass.. and until you provide data or quotes to the contrary, you're just speculating..

it's also funny how any sort of data gets boiled down to "PR" when it doesn't fit your narrative..

I know its not one or the other. Retail/digital sales AND Game Pass. I never claimed otherwise. What we need to know in order to draw any conclusions is the details of those 2 data sets independently. And look at what Xbox says in the PR spun article. (And yes, thats what it is) The biggest sports game of the past year. And they added millions of fans. Yes, MLB The Show was the best SELLING game of April. This was the debut of the series to Xbox. April also happens to be one of the slowest months of the year for video games. There is no way in hell The Show has sold more than NBA 2K and Madden in the past 12 months, so Xbox is talking player count numbers. Theyre always talking player counts which are skewed by Game Pass.

Indie games and smaller titles see sales boosts from the exposure from Game Pass. The only way we would know if MLB The Show was impacted is if we could compare to a previous year, and we knew the Game Pass vs sold to consumer numbers. Xbox wont let us in on such information. And your dismissal of such information is telling.

An article full of biggest sports game the past year on Xbox and Game Pass members play 30% more genres, published on Xbox Wire the week leading up to E3 is 100% marketing. The fact you dont know that exposes your ignorance of the industry.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl said:

I know its not one or the other. Retail/digital sales AND Game Pass. I never claimed otherwise.

but you literally claimed otherwise:

@goldenelementxl said:

The revenue of selling 10+ million copies of a $60 game vs splitting the $10 per sub revenue among dozens of devs/pubs is very different.

where's the "AND retail/digital sales" on the Game Pass side of the equation?.. those dozens of devs/pubs are still selling software at retail price on Xbox yet you failed to mention that.. and until you can provide evidence to the contrary (not your personal speculation which is meaningless), Game Pass is actually boosting those software sales in many cases..

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K: Holy hell...

If were strictly talking revenue, the details of both are important. With games like MLB The Show for example, it matters less. Theres tons of revenue opportunities just by getting the game in consumers hands. But you CANNOT make the claim that MLB The Show would have sold more or less on Xbox if it werent on Game Pass because we a) have nothing to compare it to, and b) Xbox doest give us that information anyway.

In what world would we be comparing PS5 sales vs Game Pass subs? That doesnt even make sense.

We arent even talking about the same thing at this point.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: i was just responding to what you said.. "In what world would we be comparing PS5 sales vs Game Pass subs?".. .. well, that was exactly my question..

you're the one inserting other arguments in order to deflect.. I simply placed a linked quote that showed games like MLB The Show 21 are not only still selling at retail despite being in Game Pass, the game was the best seller for that month.. so to imply that Xbox isn't still getting revenue from retail sales due to Game Pass is just a false narrative that you need to stop intentionally or unintentionally perpetrating..

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K said:

so to imply that Xbox isn't still getting revenue from retail sales due to Game Pass is just a false narrative that you need to stop intentionally or unintentionally perpetrating..

But I never said that... Of course theyre getting revenue. We will just never know if its more or less than it would without Game Pass.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl said:

But I never said that...

@goldenelementxl said:

The revenue of selling 10+ million copies of a $60 game vs splitting the $10 per sub revenue among dozens of devs/pubs is very different.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K said:
@goldenelementxl said:

But I never said that...

@goldenelementxl said:

Ok... How is that me saying Xbox doesnt get any revenue from The Show? The revenue model is different between the 2 strategies. My question is how does one effect the other? We will never know with the information were given...

Im gonna find you a free online statistics course

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: in the context of the conversation you were having, you were implying that the revenue Sony gets by selling games at full price vs Xbox doing a sub service is the reason why Sony "pulled back" on reacting to Game Pass.. the equation you presented doesn't take into account that Xbox is also still selling games at full price and official statements indicate that those game sales aren't being hindered in any obvious way by the option of Game Pass..

everything else you're trying to discuss is just distraction tactics..

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K: Sony is doubling up Xbox on software sales. They dont need to gamble the same way Xbox is. Until it makes financial sense for them to react to Game Pass, they dont have to do a damn thing. At the same time, Xbox could be seeing revenue INCREASES with the Game Pass model. Just because something is good for one company, doesnt mean it makes sense for the other.

And distraction tactics? Im not the one repping a company in my sig. What am I distracting from? Im not the one celebrating vague statements from Xbox Wire and attacking everyone asking questions.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: which basically means @Pedro's argument is correct.. people like you think Sony doesn't need to do anything until Game Pass is already a present threat.. and that's just poor business..

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 4656 Posts

The Xbox One was successful, and the Xbox Series is way more competitive. In fact, that's a big part of why I think the Sony fans here claiming that PS5 will be the best selling console ever need to chill a bit

PS5 has competition: PS2 did not.

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 103 Posts

Sony has competition but its from nintendo not Microsoft.

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 GoldenElementXL

@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: which basically means @Pedro's argument is correct.. people like you think Sony doesn't need to do anything until Game Pass is already a present threat.. and that's just poor business..

Game Pass is a long way from being a present threat when the other two are showing software revenue numbers higher than theyve ever seen before. Sony jumping at Game Pass when what theyre doing is bringing in more money than ever before would be poor business. Take note of Game Pass and monitor closely, sure. Hell, the half assed PS Now is just them getting something in motion and having the system set up. They arent ignoring Game Pass completely. But Sony charging $70 is showing they are betting on the opposite of Game Pass at the moment. Will that backfire? Lets see.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Antwan3K

@goldenelementxl: it seems Sony is likely looking more closely at Game Pass than you think:

God of War creator states that Sony is creating a competitor to Xbox Game Pass

As much as you consistently downplay the impact Game Pass is having on the industry, I certainly hope you aren't ignorant enough to believe that Sony is just going to sit back and "monitor closely".. monitoring something until it's too late isn't taking proper action.. and if their current efforts with PS Now represent their potential answer, "good luck"..

I think the only way Sony makes something like PS Now attractive to their overall audience is to put their games day-and-date into the service.. something that flies in the face of nearly everything you've said on the subject thus far.. and even then, they are starting at nearly ground zero at 3 million subs versus 23 million on Game Pass..

to put that in SW terms, imagine if that was an install base of 3 million consoles after 7 years versus 23 million consoles in 3 years.. everyone here would be screaming "Game Over!!" but somehow PS Now is still going to be competitive down the line?.. arguably, that's already too late.. but "Let's see"..

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1359 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

Game Pass is a long way from being a present threat when the other two are showing software revenue numbers higher than theyve ever seen before. Sony jumping at Game Pass when what theyre doing is bringing in more money than ever before would be poor business. Take note of Game Pass and monitor closely, sure. Hell, the half assed PS Now is just them getting something in motion and having the system set up. They arent ignoring Game Pass completely. But Sony charging $70 is showing they are betting on the opposite of Game Pass at the moment. Will that backfire? Lets see.

Just **** at this point...

GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 GoldenElementXL

Ive been following this closely as well. I have some folks Ive been trying to buy a Series X for, and Ive noticed the All Access route has always been available at checkout at Walmart. Walmart has been out of stock for the most part since launch through conventional means, but available through the payment plan option??? Why?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Pedro

@goldenelementxl: Guaranteed subscription for 2 years. That is why.