I don't see how any game will beat MGSV for Game of the Year

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#51 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It'll be a contender assuming the game lives up to the hype. I just never expected TW3 to get a 10 here. Plus GS sometimes picks a GOTY that isn't predictable (ex: Demon's Souls, Journey, A Link Between Worlds).

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

This game was destined for greatness after how kick ass the demo (Ground Zeroes) was for the game. Game is Kojima proof, and apparently it needed to be Konami proof. Conan and I been leading the MGS5 GOTY train since last year.

You'reGodDamnRight.gif

NothingStopsThisTrain.jpg

@ImBatman- said:

It won't just be GOTY, it'll be one of the best games of all time.

^

We even have the fucking Batman on our side.

@gpuking said:

Did Kojima finish directing the game before he left? If so then yes, GOTY should be a safe bet. Koji is just too pro at what he's doing.

Kojima is still on board, he'll be working with Konami through December even though the game launches in September. Also...

@Planeforger said:

Also, is anyone worried that Konami and Kojima's problems will hurt the quality of this game?

Luckily they were finished with the game content a couple of months before shit hit the fan. They've been bug squashing ever since. At the recent preview event, people were playing for anywhere from 8 - 12 hours straight and said it felt like complete code, ready to ship.

Things sound good already and the game still has 3 months to launch!

Seems like a long time for a game that's already complete, but this is their first game of this scope and scale and they're just trying to be thorough. Aside from that, they still have to prep an MGO beta, run it for a couple of weeks, then make the necessary adjustments.

I'm sure all the drama is only making things more difficult, but luckily the game was far enough along and isn't being rushed out the door.... like what happened with Itagaki and Tecmo, fucking bastards.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#53 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I need to sit my ass down and play through Ground Zeroes soon. As MGS5 gets closer the more excited I seem to be getting for it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ConanTheStoner

@Zassimick said:

I need to sit my ass down and play through Ground Zeroes soon. As MGS5 gets closer the more excited I seem to be getting for it.

The longer you wait, the better. Ground Zeroes just makes the hype unbearable.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#55 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I don't like neither halo or metal gear

But pretty sure metal gear is on another level

Halo is just popular.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I recently started analyzing why I don't like most western games and after years of not understand it myself I realized that I like sentimental or corny kind of story-lines. All my fav games are corny as **** like Final Fantasy, Yakuza, Mega Man X4, Jrpg's in general.... So MGSV will be my GOTY since I'm pretty sure it will be the only game this year that will be able to deliver that perfect balance of corny pleasure to me. And what I mean by perfect balance is that I don't like over the top corny shit like FFX, I have my limits.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I love MGS as well, but it isn't out yet, Bloodborne exists The Witcher 3 exists and we still have Arkham Knight coming. It has quite a bit of competition.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I could not get into ground zeros, I find this kind of stealth gameplay boring unless it is part of a survivor horror game. Not trying to bash MGS5, I hope the fans enjoy it but to predict is as GOTY now, I have no idea....Witcher 3 I'm thinking has a better chance, with a refreshing fully realized fantasy world, none of that real life military stuff we see so much these days.....and there are still unreleased games....what will be GOTY and we think it should be are entirely different things...maybe 343 will score a homerun with the Halo 5 campaign, nothing is impossible in the world of videogames, a creative-based medium.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@kaealy said:

Witcher 3 will be game of the year, mark my word. MGS will be a solid(ho ho) game, but won't blow people away like Witcher 3 did. W3 has set a new standard to open world games and RPGs in general.

I suggest that you watch the following overview to see just how much The Phantom Pain will have to offer. It will be - at the very least - just as amazing as you consider The Witcher 3 to be.

Loading Video...

pushing your spam on to people already

Alucard9114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Alucard9114
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

@emil_fontz: lots of games will be announced in June so while mgs5 looks like one of the most amazing games ever made I'm hoping for fallout 4.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#61 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Has any game been more fun to play since Ground Zeroes? Nope.

GOTY 2015 on lock

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@emil_fontz: Witcher 3 says hi ...

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

My guess is between The Witcher 3, Batman AK and MGS5.

Bloodborne might be up there too, if Batman AK or MGS 5 gets an 8.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

Persona 5 will most likely be my GOTY.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

The game does look promising, but I will reserve judgement until I play it. MGS IV left a terrible taste in my mouth and has made me skeptical of the rest of the series, but this looks like a game that Kojima actually wanted to make. I'm glad this is the end though.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@gwynnblade said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Hmm, i don't think so.

GOTY is a vote between all staff members. All those 3 games have big open world, action combat system, and are very focused on narrative has a point.

BB is a Souls game. And as much has i love DS1 and DS2 (don't have a ps4 yet), i can't see the average gs staff choosing a "niche" focused type game like Bloodborne over those 3 major open world AAA games.

It's like last year. Bayonetta 2 got 10 and was loved. But, when all the people met, SoM was more of that AAA title for people. That why it, and DA Inquisition, won all the goty awards.

Plus, BB is exclusive, making it more limited in range.

But you never know, since Demon's Souls once.

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:
@gwynnblade said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Hmm, i don't think so.

GOTY is a vote between all staff members. All those 3 games have big open world, action combat system, and are very focused on narrative has a point.

BB is a Souls game. And as much has i love DS1 and DS2 (don't have a ps4 yet), i can't see the average gs staff choosing a "niche" focused type game like Bloodborne over those 3 major open world AAA games.

It's like last year. Bayonetta 2 got 10 and was loved. But, when all the people met, SoM was more of that AAA title for people. That why it, and DA Inquisition, won all the goty awards.

Plus, BB is exclusive, making it more limited in range.

But you never know, since Demon's Souls once.

Agreed. Really, making Bloodborne an exclusive was the worst decision From ever made. If only it was more widely accessible, it's chances would have proliferated. But right now, it depends on how MGS 5 and Batman AK do.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@gwynnblade: i think it's because it started being worked on before DS2 launched. To many surprises, it's a massive hit on PC, with a 1 million sales. the 360 version probably did good too.

But by then, BB must have been locked down already in development and From had to finish it. Atleast i hope the next one is multiplat. I really hate these types of exclusives.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#69 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

The game deserves GOTY.

For Kojima.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

If TPP was only a map 10 times bigger than GZ and if it only offered 10 times more missions, it would still be my goty. The gameplay in Ground Zeroes is just that damn great.

Of course TPP is going to be so much more than that.

It's going to be strange having a cross gen title as one of the best games of the gen, if not the best game of the gen.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

@Wiimotefan said:

If TPP was only a map 10 times bigger than GZ and if it only offered 10 times more missions, it would still be my goty. The gameplay in Ground Zeroes is just that damn great.

It's going to be strange having a cross gen title as one of the best games of the gen, if not the best game of the gen.

The Phantom Pain will be 200 times larger than Ground Zeroes according to Hideo Kojima and based on estimates provided by those who attended the recent preview event, it will have over 150 hours worth of content.

Loading Video...

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#72 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@brimmul777 said:

Halo 5:Game of the Year.Enough said!!!

Not a chance in hell.

I did'nt know we all can play vg in Hell. lol.And yes,Halo does have a good chance as being Game of the Year for 2015.A lot of people will differ with what you say.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@silversix_ said:

It will be the third and final (unless Fallout 4 is announced for this year) masterpiece of 2015.

If it is announced it will be for 2016. Games that come out the same year they are annouced are always shitty.

GandhiSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 GandhiSP
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Whoa... I great discussion...

Well for me, after playing Witcher 3 I could say that this game set a new bar in rpg, the combat system, all side quest is well written, and how the choice you make affect the main story, it real incredible.

Aside From that, I consider it either the same as mgs v or, same as its predecesso.

So Witcher 3 is absolutely going to be one of GOTY nominees

What about MGS v?

because the game it self hasn't released yet, n I don't want to be so optimistic about it, so I won't comment about the gameplay.

But one thing for sure, no matter how good other games are, MGS series (for me) is the only franchise that has the best storyline; deep, complex, and philosophical.

That's why I can't wait for MGS v

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@emil_fontz: Can I go stealth from inside a cardboard box? LOL!!!

Witcher 3 will be GOTY.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@brimmul777 said:

Halo 5:Game of the Year.Enough said!!!

Not a chance in hell.

Well, that's kind of a silly statement to make, isn't it?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19573 Posts

I think the real deciding factor will be whether The Witcher 3's expansion pack is any good.

MGS5 launches in September. The Witcher 3's expansion launches in October. If it's a great expansion (on top of a 10/10 base game with tons of patches/improvements), TW3 will totally steal MGS' thunder.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

I do.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@Wiimotefan said:

The Phantom Pain will be 200 times larger than Ground Zeroes according to Hideo Kojima and based on estimates provided by those who attended the recent preview event, it will have over 150 hours worth of content.

Only 11 missions that are supposed to be 150 hours of content? Lol yeh, right

At best it will be 22 hours long, 2 hours per mission and I am being generous here.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#80 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I don't see how MGSV can beat any game for GOTY.

Because I can't see MGSV, it's not out yet. Comparisons cannot be made against released games.

Stop hyping and throw away your crystal ball.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts
  • Black kids? Check
  • Military PMC, or cops? Check

How could it not?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22377 Posts

Meh, MGS has never interested me.

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

Only 11 missions that are supposed to be 150 hours of content? Lol yeh, right

At best it will be 22 hours long, 2 hours per mission and I am being generous here.

Wait what? Where are you getting 11 missions from, are you talking about the preview event?

Those were only the first 11 missions of the game, basically just a part of the intro chapter. It took people from 8 - 12 hours to complete them, but that was rushing (not exploring, not doing side content, not building their base). Those first 11 missions only account for 4% of the game.

8-12 hours rushing. 4% of the game.

I'm no mathematician, but it's very safe to say that this game will be much longer than 22 hours lol.

I agree that 150 hours is a ridiculous claim. Only a completionists that S-rank every mission, max our their base, develop every item, etc. will see that many hours.

An average joe standard first time play through? Probably 40-50 hours.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

@notorious1234na said:
  • Black kids? Check
  • Military PMC, or cops? Check

How could it not?

Is it going to be an E/I game?

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Emil_Fontz

@jhonMalcovich: Epic Fail. Those eleven missions are part of only the first chapter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@Legend002 said:

Game of the Year is just a mainstream title. I'll probably enjoy quite a few games more than MGSV this year.

Based on the OP of this thread, what about this game gives you the impression that it won't be the best or that it won't be good?

LEts see, it'l likely be 6-8 hours, with more cutscenes than actual gameplay ... its MP (if it has any) will be medicre. It's now an open world Hybrid, which works well for RPG conversions (see Witcher 3) but less for stealth/shooters .... everything about it will be noticeable more repetitive quickly.

Oh I'm sure it will score well... but MGS4 was worse than the 3 before and got a 10/10 so nothing suprises me anymore.

All flash, little substance. ironcially a franchise that was more creative and interesting in it's PS1 infancy.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Emil_Fontz

@MBirdy88:

You obviously haven't been keeping track of The Phantom Pain's development, because it will be completely unlike what you're predicting it to be. First of all, it will be a lengthy open world game that will provide over one hundred hours of gameplay and will stretch from the Middle East to Africa. Konami recently held a preview event at which dozens of people from the gaming industry (e.g. journalists, producers from gaming sites, YouTube gamers, etc) played only the first chapter; each of them took at least eight hours just to rush through it, so we can be sure that the entire game will take much, much longer to complete.

As for cutscenes, Kojima has said that it will feature shorter and farther separated cutscenes, because he is aware of the criticisms that were made about MGS4's lengthy ones and subsequently wants players to unravel TPP's story through their own actions.

By the way, those who attended the preview event stated that the game plays very well and is quite fun due to its scope and variety of activities. Heck, Troy Baker, one of its voice actors, had said that it's the biggest game he's ever seen, because there's so much to do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@emil_fontz said:

@MBirdy88:

You obviously haven't been keeping track of The Phantom Pain's development, because it will be completely unlike what you're predicting it to be. First of all, it will be a lengthy open world game that will provide over one hundred hours of gameplay and will stretch from the Middle East to Africa. Konami recently held a preview event at which dozens of people from the gaming industry (e.g. journalists, producers from gaming sites, YouTube gamers, etc) played only the first chapter; each of them took at least eight hours just to rush through it, so we can be sure that the entire game will take much, much longer to complete.

As for cutscenes, Kojima has said that it will feature shorter and farther separated cutscenes, because he is aware of the criticisms that were made about MGS4's lengthy ones and subsequently wants players to unravel TPP's story through their own actions.

By the way, those who attended the preview event stated that the game plays very well and is quite fun due to its scope and variety of activities. Heck, Troy Baker, one of its voice actors, had said that it's the biggest game he's ever seen, because there's so much to do.

Oh hype previews.... so in other words, the time it takes them to do anything, for any efficient/veteran gamer devide the play time by 3.

That being said, it may or may not work, it worked for the witcher, but as I said, these action games with very little real need to grind (E.G Far Cry 3) get reptitive and mindless much faster.... that combined with open world story pacing for MGS may or may not work.

None of this proves, or gaurentees however... that this game will be better than the other good games this year... nothing at all.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

I think you're wrong since when I try all I get is this for an answer....:P

Just tried again and it came up Halo 5 a few times so that seems to be the legit answer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#90 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58995 Posts

Currently, it seems Pillars Of Eternity is game the year.

Since that has good writing, and the Metal Gear Solids's does not, it wont be very good in comparison, indicating, not very good.

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

Is it just me that thinks it looks a bit ridiculous? Don't get me wrong I'm getting it and know that it will be a solid game and I also know MGS has always been quirky but some of the things shown like the P.T decoys, airlifting anything that isn't nailed down and having a nudie cardboard cut out distract a guard without suspicion just looks a bit ridiculous to me anyway. Although I guess more ways to play and approach a situation is always good I suppose.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@MBirdy88: The preview-event attendees weren't amateur gamers; as members of the gaming industry, they play games for a living (duh!). So, to claim that the average amount of time that it took them to play through the first chapter is longer than the amount of time that it would take a "veteran" gamer to play through it is ridiculous. Furthermore, considering the immense replay value of Ground Zeroes, we can be sure that "veterans" will spend lots of time with The Phantom Pain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@emil_fontz said:

@MBirdy88: The preview-event attendees weren't amateur gamers; as members of the gaming industry, they play games for a living (duh!). So, to claim that the average amount of time that it took them to play through the first chapter is longer than the amount of time that it would take a "veteran" gamer to play through it is ridiculous. Furthermore, considering the immense replay value of Ground Zeroes, we can be sure that "veterans" will spend lots of time with The Phantom Pain.

oh please, half of these game journo's rush through games to get their pay .... with time constraints on each game as they go. What replay value are you refering to?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ConanTheStoner

lol.

This game is going to shock the haters. Can't wait.

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

While I will agree MGSV is a contender of GOTY, right now I'm inclined to give it to the Witcher 3. So far the game in fantastic and is how I wish the previous 2 Witchers played (they really should remake 1 with all the enhancements from 3). MGSV is looking awesome, I loved 4 and this is looking even better. Depending how Batman and MGSV pan out, we may have Bloodborne vs Witcher 3 vs Batman vs MGSV duking it out for GOTY. But if Bethesda were to drop a major bomb and actually release Fallout 4 this year (I highly doubt it but that studio has had to be doing something since the end of 2011), but lets say that happens, then my mind would be blown from having 5 really high quality titles in the same year. But until I actually play MGSV, right now W3 is GOTY. MGSV has strong competition this year. Compared to last year, this year is amazing. While I loved Dragon Age Inquisition, it mainly won GOTY on so many sites and places because it was actually a finished game and was pretty good to boot vs. a ton of other games good or not, but had major issues with performance or game breaking bugs. DA:I probably could have won GOTY just by the fact it was actually being finished with few bugs, even if it turned out to be a not so great game due to the competition completely dropping the ball.

Overall, this year has been much better than the last few years. It's looking very good for Batman and MGSV and if they turn out as good as they are looking then we will have several great titles to choose from for GOTY.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@MBirdy88 said:

LEts see, it'l likely be 6-8 hours

You do know that's about how much gameplay was in the demo, Ground Zeroes, correct? Which is only a shred of a shred of a shred of the final game.

I imagine you'll spend more than 6 hours in base building, management, defense and invasion alone, not even counting the main game objectives. For those who get addicted to the grinding and leveling up everything to the max it will be much worse.

And sure, some game journalists suck at games, but I find it hard to imagine that dozens of journalists between the US and Europe were all just equally pitiful at gaming. If all these journalists played for 8+ hours only to come up on 4% completion, I really find it difficult to believe this will be a "6-8 hours" game lol. They didn't even beat the intro chapter in that time. Hell, they didn't even make it past the first open world map, Afghanistan. And from what we've seen so far, the African locale looks like it will be even bigger... and we're still not even sure what the other locale(s) will be, but we do know that there will be at least one more.

I get it man. MGS4 sucked. But a lot of you guys are reaching really damn far to hate on this game when you don't even have a clue. I keep coming across this lately. We have facts. We have a playable demo. We've seen multiple play sessions of the main game. We have plenty of glowing impressions from reputable sources. We have the blueprint game, Peace Walker, which already had a stupid amount of playable content, and it's a handheld title.... yet somehow there are still people that want to ignore everything in front of them and assume that this is just MGS4 with a new skin.

Blizzard2188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Blizzard2188
Member since 2015 • 121 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
like what happened with Itagaki and Tecmo, fucking bastards.

This really upset me, while DOA5 turned out to be really good, Ninja Gaiden took a massive hit in quality. I still wish Itagaki were part of Tecmo, as he was their main guy just like Kojima is Konami's main guy. Tecmo lucked out as DOA5 turned out well as the team still seemes to know what do to, but Ninja Gaiden 3 and YZ or whatever its called, without Itagaki, they have shown they can't do a good Ninja Gaiden game.

What I would be worried about is if Konami continues to do MGS games after V. This could be the same situation that Tecmo is in, where their main franchise gets butchered.

But as for MGSV, we are very lucky that Kojima is leaving after this game gets finished, released and a couple months of post support. This rarely ever happens

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#98 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

It's now an open world Hybrid, which works well for RPG conversions (see Witcher 3) but less for stealth/shooters ....

Bullshit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@MBirdy88 said:

LEts see, it'l likely be 6-8 hours

You do know that's about how much gameplay was in the demo, Ground Zeroes, correct? Which is only a shred of a shred of a shred of the final game.

I imagine you'll spend more than 6 hours in base building, management, defense and invasion alone, not even counting the main game objectives. For those who get addicted to the grinding and leveling up everything to the max it will be much worse.

And sure, some game journalists suck at games, but I find it hard to imagine that dozens of journalists between the US and Europe were all just equally pitiful at gaming. If all these journalists played for 8+ hours only to come up on 4% completion, I really find it difficult to believe this will be a "6-8 hours" game lol. They didn't even beat the intro chapter in that time. Hell, they didn't even make it past the first open world map, Afghanistan. And from what we've seen so far, the African locale looks like it will be even bigger... and we're still not even sure what the other locale(s) will be, but we do know that there will be at least one more.

I get it man. MGS4 sucked. But a lot of you guys are reaching really damn far to hate on this game when you don't even have a clue. I keep coming across this lately. We have facts. We have a playable demo. We've seen multiple play sessions of the main game. We have plenty of glowing impressions from reputable sources. We have the blueprint game, Peace Walker, which already had a stupid amount of playable content, and it's a handheld title.... yet somehow there are still people that want to ignore everything in front of them and assume that this is just MGS4 with a new skin.

While gassing up a game with doo-doo butter gameplay while getting a 10. It's hilarious. This forum should be renamed Roots. Got way too many slaves up in this bitch.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

This forum should be renamed Roots. Got way too many slaves up in this bitch.

Damn you bro, now I know what tea in the nostrils feels like haha