I don't see how any game will beat MGSV for Game of the Year

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Emil_Fontz
Member since 2014 • 799 Posts

While (as far as I know) players will not have the option of upgrading or altering Big Boss's combat abilities, as they will remain constant throughout the game, what players will be able to upgrade and customize is pretty much everything else pertaining to the character, such as his armor/ attire, his weapons (including his bionic/ prosthetic arm), his private military company (that's right, he'll have his own army called "Diamond Dogs"), and his base of operations (Mother Base). Via the Fulton Surface-to-air Recovery System, attire and equipment (such as vehicles, weapons, and even animals) can be extracted from the field or delivered to Big Bosswhile conducting field operations. Also, though I'm not sure whether military personnel can be transported to the field, I do know that members of enemy forces can be extracted via the aforementioned method and then persuaded to join you when you return to your Mother Base.

Speaking of Mother Base, it will be a huge off-shore facility whose structure, color, and logo players will be able to alter. It will house their private army, as well as whatever equipment they've gathered from the field or from the Mother Bases of other players via the online component. Heck, even wild animals, such as goats, sheeps, and wolves collected via the aforementioned means will be housed there.

Also, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's world will stretch from the Middle East all the way to Africa and will revolve around the player's Mother Base, from which - via chopper - they will make their way to various countries, such as Afghanistan and the Congo. Hands down, its world will be bigger than that of any other game released this year.

Bringing this abundance of technical features to life will be an incredible story conveyed through professional talent. I don't think the stories of any other games released this year or that will be released this year will compare to that of a heartbroken and mentally unstable man on an intercontinental quest for revenge. Via top-notch voice acting and motion-capture, the performances that will drive this game's story are going to, no doubt, be the best of this year, if not this generation.

I honestly just don't see how any other game will compare.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

It will be the third and final (unless Fallout 4 is announced for this year) masterpiece of 2015.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

@silversix_: If Fallout 4 is announced I will die and be in heaven.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Emil_Fontz

@silversix_ said:

It will be the third and final (unless Fallout 4 is announced for this year) masterpiece of 2015.

What are the other masterpieces of 2015, in your opinion? For me, they're Batman: Arkham Knight and Bloodborne.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_

@emil_fontz said:
@silversix_ said:

What are the other masterpieces of 2015, in your opinion? For me, they're Batman: Arkham Knight and Bloodborne.

BB and TW3. Those two are what i consider quality games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
@quatoe said:

@silversix_: If Fallout 4 is announced I will die and be in heaven.

You will die in heaven then because it is being announced in ~20 days! Now if only it was for 2015 and not 2016, tho.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

GS will flop it

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Emil_Fontz

@Nengo_Flow said:

GS will flop it

Why?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

GS will flop it

Only way this would bother me is if it gets reviewed by Kevin. If he flops MGSV after giving MGS4 a 10? Man, I'd just.... I'd eat a Klondike bar.

Otherwise, I wouldn't care if it gets a 2/10, still gonna be the best game this year.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#10 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Game of the Year is just a mainstream title. I'll probably enjoy quite a few games more than MGSV this year.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Emil_Fontz

@Legend002 said:

Game of the Year is just a mainstream title. I'll probably enjoy quite a few games more than MGSV this year.

Based on the OP of this thread, what about this game gives you the impression that it won't be the best or that it won't be good?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Legend002

@emil_fontz: I'll enjoy it for sure but there're plenty of games that I think will simply be better. This is based off playing some of GZ which supposedly is a taste of TPP.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@Legend002 said:

@emil_fontz: I'll enjoy it for sure but there're plenty of games that I think will simply be better. This is based off playing some of GZ which supposedly is a taste of TPP.

Have you viewed any gameplay videos of The Phantom Pain? Check this one out.

Loading Video...

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Legend002

@emil_fontz: It's up, no doubt. Still I see many other candidates for GOTY.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Emil_Fontz

@Legend002 said:

@emil_fontz: It's up, no doubt. Still I see many other candidates for GOTY.

Did you watch the video?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

blog it

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Legend002

@emil_fontz: It's not that groundbreaking. lol

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

It might have to do a lot to top The Witcher 3 at Gamespot.

Also, is anyone worried that Konami and Kojima's problems will hurt the quality of this game?

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts

This looks like a flop waiting to happen.

6/10 on Gamespot

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts
@Legend002 said:

@emil_fontz: It's not that groundbreaking. lol

Lol. I like how you said that. Acknowledging the sheer awesomeness but still not letting it overwhelm you.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

This game was destined for greatness after how kick ass the demo (Ground Zeroes) was for the game. Game is Kojima proof, and apparently it needed to be Konami proof. Conan and I been leading the MGS5 GOTY train since last year.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Emil_Fontz

@DrkeX said:

This looks like a flop waiting to happen.

6/10 on Gamespot

I just don't see how this game can flop. Its prologue, Ground Zeroes, earned an 8/10. However, considering the fact that it will be bigger and better than its prologue, it will get at least a 9/10, if not a perfect score. The gameplay alone is phenomenal, so imagine how awesome the entire experience will be due to the game's story. I can't wait to play it.

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

Eh. Well, we all know that it will get tons of awards just lot some of the other big games releasing this year. It is definitely the game that I am expecting the most from. The amount of freedom seems like it will be immense. Choice in route, time of infiltration, tactics, equipment, intel....It...WOW. I am still pumped to play TW3 and Arkham Knight and other games too

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'm personally still rooting for Bloodborne or Persona 5, but it'd be stupid to deny just how much of a shoe in MGSV is, yeah

Avatar image for factbringer3001
FactBringer3001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FactBringer3001
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@emil_fontz: lol this thread is sad, you made this out thread out of insecurity, I guess the fact that Witcher 3 got a 10 is making you nervous since you know deep down Phantom Pain won't even break a 9 here or a 90 on Metacritic, it's going to be a sad day for MGS fans when Phantom Turd flops into oblivion.

The truth

MGS has never been a major GOTY contender with the series only winning 2 GOTY awards TOTAL (not including blog sites and other defunct no name sites) Ground Zeroes is sitting with a 75 on Metacritic, why? Because the game simply wasn't very good, some will say "buh buh it's teh demo" so what? Being a demo knocks you down 10-15 points? It's just an excuse, the game had bland side content, texture issues on both the PS4 and Xbox One, and some of the worst AI in video game history

Loading Video...

This is what Kojima can do provide with a multi million dollar budget, the Fox Engine is one of the biggest embarrassments I've ever seen and I've been gaming longer than anyone on this site has. No wonder Kojima is getting sh(t canned, Konami is tired of wasting millions on this hack and getting a sub par product

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes

A 75 on Metacritic for Ground Zeroes? How embarrassing for Konami and Kojima, his career as a producer is done, he's now an even bigger laughing stock. No one actually takes this hack seriously which is why he isn't even in the AIAS Hall of Fame along with real credible game producers and developers, and he never will be either

FACT

They had to add a multiplayer component (which will be barren after a week or 2 btw) to make up for the bland and shallow side content that will be in Phantom Pain, MGSV Phantom Pain will be lucky to get an 8 on here and break an 85 on Metacritic, the series has gone downhill since 2004 when Snake Eater came out, MGS4 was a product of hype and by far the most overrated turd of last gen, Peace Walker didn't even break a 90 on Metacritic and Ground Zeroes is A status now.

MGS as a series has faded into obscurity, the only award it'll get this year is biggest flop of 2015,

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Not really interested in MGSV, its like a comedy series now and I didnt like MGSIV.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I have hard to see how any game can beat Witcher 3 this year...

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

Witcher 3 will be game of the year, mark my word. MGS will be a solid(ho ho) game, but won't blow people away like Witcher 3 did. W3 has set a new standard to open world games and RPGs in general.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Emil_Fontz

@factbringer3001 said:

@emil_fontz: lol this thread is sad, you made this out thread out of insecurity, I guess the fact that Witcher 3 got a 10 is making you nervous since you know deep down Phantom Pain won't even break a 9 here or a 90 on Metacritic, it's going to be a sad day for MGS fans when Phantom Turd flops into oblivion.

The truth

MGS has never been a major GOTY contender with the series only winning 2 GOTY awards TOTAL (not including blog sites and other defunct no name sites) Ground Zeroes is sitting with a 75 on Metacritic, why? Because the game simply wasn't very good, some will say "buh buh it's teh demo" so what? Being a demo knocks you down 10-15 points? It's just an excuse, the game had bland side content, texture issues on both the PS4 and Xbox One, and some of the worst AI in video game history

Loading Video...

This is what Kojima can do provide with a multi million dollar budget, the Fox Engine is one of the biggest embarrassments I've ever seen and I've been gaming longer than anyone on this site has. No wonder Kojima is getting sh(t canned, Konami is tired of wasting millions on this hack and getting a sub par product

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes

A 75 on Metacritic for Ground Zeroes? How embarrassing for Konami and Kojima, his career as a producer is done, he's now an even bigger laughing stock. No one actually takes this hack seriously which is why he isn't even in the AIAS Hall of Fame along with real credible game producers and developers, and he never will be either

FACT

They had to add a multiplayer component (which will be barren after a week or 2 btw) to make up for the bland and shallow side content that will be in Phantom Pain, MGSV Phantom Pain will be lucky to get an 8 on here and break an 85 on Metacritic, the series has gone downhill since 2004 when Snake Eater came out, MGS4 was a product of hype and by far the most overrated turd of last gen, Peace Walker didn't even break a 90 on Metacritic and Ground Zeroes is A status now.

MGS as a series has faded into obscurity, the only award it'll get this year is biggest flop of 2015,

First of all, calm down, buddy. We're just talking about video games here. You're a bit too passionate about this.

Secondly, as I have no interest in the Witcher 3, because it looks to be as boring as its predecessor, I have not been keeping track of its review scores and so was unaware that it had earned a 10/10 from GameSpot.

Thirdly, there have been four Metal Gear Solid console games, hence the fact that two of them earned awards for Game of the Year is very, very good.

Fourthly, it is widely known that Ground Zeroes earned relativelylow scores because of the quantitatively meager content that it offered (the content was very good qualitatively) despite its $20 - $30 price tag.

As for its AI, apart from rare cases such as the one in that video (no game is %100 free of glitches/ bugs), it's actually quite impressive. Enemy sentries are unpredictable and subsequently respond differently on different playthroughs.

As for its multiplayer content, it was added not to compensate for the fictitious shortcomings that you claim its single-player campaign will have, but was added because every MGS game since MGS3 has had one.

By the way, I suspect that you're trolling, because your post is over-the-top.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

I only care about Batman Arkham Knight this year.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Emil_Fontz

@kaealy said:

Witcher 3 will be game of the year, mark my word. MGS will be a solid(ho ho) game, but won't blow people away like Witcher 3 did. W3 has set a new standard to open world games and RPGs in general.

I suggest that you watch the following overview to see just how much The Phantom Pain will have to offer. It will be - at the very least - just as amazing as you consider The Witcher 3 to be.

Loading Video...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

My guess is between The Witcher 3, Batman AK and MGS5.

I've only played GZ fgorm the MGS franchise. Enjoyed it. good stealth gameplay. Not sure how they'll implement it from an open world perspective well enough, but i'm interested.

Stll bet TW3 will be my GOTY, Loving the hell out of it. (minus the downgrade)

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I'm going to laugh my ass off when this game flops hard. Harder than Halo MCC because of all the blind fanboys who are all but guaranteeing AAAA and GOTY everywhere. Easily the most over rated series in the history of video games.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Emil_Fontz

@Zen_Light said:

I'm going to laugh my ass off when this game flops hard. Harder than Halo MCC because of all the blind fanboys who are all but guaranteeing AAAA and GOTY everywhere. Easily the most over rated series in the history of video games.

This game will not flop. The promotional footage released so far shows very clearly just how awesome it will be.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zen_Light

@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:

This game will not flop. The promotional footage released so far shows very clearly just how awesome it will be.

You can suck it dry all you like, but unless you can show me documented proof of some under the table shenanigans, your personal jollies do not count for everybody else.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Emil_Fontz

@Zen_Light said:
@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:

You can suck it dry all you like, but unless you can show me documented proof of some under the table shenanigans, your personal jollies do not count for everybody else.

No MGS game has ever flopped. Ever. This will be no exception.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

@emil_fontz said:
@kaealy said:

I suggest that you watch the following overview to see just how much The Phantom Pain will have to offer. It will be - at the very least - just as amazing as you consider The Witcher 3 to be.

Loading Video...

It's still just MGS with a few nice addons and now semi-open world.

Witcher 3 has changed things, no rpg or game ever has had the same story complexity and there's no more room for simple side quests without meaning.

One game changed a genre, one game will not.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

It is my personal Game of the Year considering I'm a huge fan of the series !!

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Did Kojima finish directing the game before he left? If so then yes, GOTY should be a safe bet. Koji is just too pro at what he's doing.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zen_Light

@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:
@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:

Quoted for failure. That's what they said about The Legend of Zelda before Twilight Princess came out.

Anyways, thanks for making the MGSV flop sweeter than the sweetest berry made in heaven.

Me from the future. - Zen_Light

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Game looks great. Still using this place to promote your channel I see.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Emil_Fontz

@Zen_Light said:
@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:
@emil_fontz said:
@Zen_Light said:

Quoted for failure. That's what they said about The Legend of Zelda before Twilight Princess came out.

Anyways, thanks for making the MGSV flop sweeter than the sweetest berry made in heaven.

Me from the future. - Zen_Light

Troll.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Emil_Fontz

@gpuking said:

Did Kojima finish directing the game before he left? If so then yes, GOTY should be a safe bet. Koji is just too pro at what he's doing.

I believe that he will remain at Konami until The Phantom Pain is complete. He will leave afterward.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#44 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Never being the biggest MGS fan, I'm convinced Phantom Pain will be this year's undisputed champion. Ground Zeroes is a fraction of a fraction of the end result, yet it provides a great case for how strong the gameplay will end up being.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The game should be amazing. There is always that Kojima element where he might do something crazy and screw it up but nonetheless, I can't wait!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#46 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Nah, stealth games aren't my cup of tea. I'll find something I enjoy a lot more.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#47 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6082 Posts

Halo 5:Game of the Year.Enough said!!!

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

It won't just be GOTY, it'll be one of the best games of all time.

Emil_Fontz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emil_Fontz

@brimmul777 said:

Halo 5:Game of the Year.Enough said!!!

Not a chance in hell.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@emil_fontz: why doesn't Halo 5 have a chance? GS GOTY isn't exactly known for making sense