How is PC the "master race"?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45238 Posts

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play console exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, consoles push gameplay and storytelling, PCs push the next hardware. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage is not what is used to be. Also, next gen consoles are quickly becoming the home to many indie games, so PC doesn't even have that anymore. And lastly, who wants to buy a desktop these days unless you really need to? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

But they get their own exclusives?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

PC gamers that spout that "master race" nonsense are just pimply nerds whose testes haven't descended yet. I just do what girls do: ignore them.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

OPINIONS

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

PC gamers do get the best exclusives. I think the whole "master race" thing originated from a Zero Punctuation video.

AppleBeatsPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 AppleBeatsPC
Member since 2013 • 148 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play console exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, consoles push gameplay and storytelling, PCs push the next hardware. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage is not what is used to be. Also, next gen consoles are quickly becoming the home to many indie games, so PC doesn't even have that anymore. And lastly, who wants to buy a desktop these days unless you really need to? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

These PC fanboys pump $300/year into their system in order to play the latest games on super high settings. The PC does things consoles can't, but when it comes to true versatility, consoles are truly dominant, particularly the X1. When you have friends over you can't hover around the PC sitting on the desk; people want to hang out in the living room and play. When playing games you don't always want to stick to RTS style games either. Consoles offer flexibility.

PC fanboys are always suffering from viruses and blue screens of death as well while my iMac never suffers a single hiccup. Sad PC fanboys.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

Console-user envy of the PC master race is adorable. Please continue :)

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

You did say we get better graphics, but you forgot: smoother framerates, more exclusives, emulators and the greatest application that is Steam.

And I have to agree with my buddy Vlad, who wants to be in a car with a peasant? no one.

Loading Video...

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Are you asking why water is wet ?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@GabranthXIII said:

You did say we get better graphics, but you forgot: smoother framerates, more exclusives, emulators and the greatest application that is Steam.

And I have to agree with my buddy Vlad, who wants to be in a car with a peasant? no one.

Loading Video...

Tell me something, where is GTA V for PC?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

No perfect or GOTY exclusives so it does seem rather silly.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Why does Calvin see Hobbes as a real tiger?

It's all in his head.

B-)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

It's an internet meme

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: ask rockstar

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Console peasants keep crying while Sony/MS and/or Nintendo bend you over with no lube. The next gen consoles tech is at low/mid pc level and it has not even been out for a year. You guys got no BC and your paying for a watered down wanna be steam service. You get no MODs (love that day one DLC on the disc) shit they even cut off the online servers on you peasants to force you to buy a new game. Then they come back with HD lmfao remakes to milk consolites again. All the new consoles can't even do 1080p let alone 60fps yeah next gen dez nuts.

Meanwhile pc just keeps getting stronger and stronger for less money. While peasants are looking for Clouds and secret sauce PC is moving to 4k. Shit cell phones are as powerful as the 360/ps3 already. PC gets better and peasants get consolitis (weak hardware high prices/DLC/Microtransactions/paying for online ect).

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@applebeatspc said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

These PC fanboys pump $300/year into their system in order to play the latest games on super high settings. The PC does things consoles can't, but when it comes to true versatility, consoles are truly dominant, particularly the X1. When you have friends over you can't hover around the PC sitting on the desk; people want to hang out in the living room and play. When playing games you don't always want to stick to RTS style games either. Consoles offer flexibility.

PC fanboys are always suffering from viruses and blue screens of death as well while my iMac never suffers a single hiccup. Sad PC fanboys.

2/10 Troll spotted.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

PC has the most sophisticated game for adult minds. Console to date, do not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

There are multiple PC Exclusives, that now dwarf the ammount of of peak players of CoD on both consoles combined. and you tell me console exclusives are more important?

your post is full of idiotic ignorance.

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Started as a joke in Zero Punctuation that PC gamers just adopted as their own. On a PC you get the best version of multiplats, the cheapest games, online without some arbitrary fee, and most significantly of all the most freedom. Your PC can be as expensive or as cheap as you want, but even on the lower end you can still outperform consoles at a comparable price point. Also, there's nothing stopping me from hooking my PC up to a TV and a bunch of controllers and playing party games with friends, done it multiple times.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

PC gamers do get the best exclusives. I think the whole "master race" thing originated from a Zero Punctuation video.

Yeah PC gamers get best exclusives...if strategy and MMO is the games you like.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic

@MBirdy88: @charizard1605: I never said PC doesn't have its own exclusives. But I am saying its own exclusives aren't enough to make it a "master race", which is what the thread is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Consoles are no longer the Pop and Play convenient machines they once were.... Especially the Xbox. So I gues we're all dissapointed.

Also Theres more great Multiplatform games that Are better than the best exclusives. The reason people think of exclusives so highly in the 1st place is because it justifies the piece of platic you decided to bet on. Multiplatform games are just better and they are best on PC. Only the only exclusive games out there that multiplatform games can't match are Gear Of War and The Last Of Us.... And just about every Nintendo Exclusive with local co-op. Everything else from Halo to Killzone, from Forza to Gran Turismo, etc. They've got Multiplatform Superiors, which will be best enjoyed on PC... Before we get into the it only has better graphics argument I'd like to point the Entire 8th Gen so far been nothing but pretty graphics and tedius gameplay. And if graphics aren't all that important to you then you'd still be on your 7th gen console, theres still great games coming out for last gen.

Anyway you cut it... 8th gen is a dissapoint... Some people have simply decided not to notice.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Yeah PC gamers get best exclusives...if strategy and MMO is the games you like.

Strategy, MMO, FPS, city builders, simulators, adventure, etc. Only Nintendo can compete in terms of variety of games, and they just can't put out the quantity of games required to make it much of a competition.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@MBirdy88: @charizard1605: I never said PC doesn't have its own exclusives. But I am saying its own exclusives aren't enough to make it a "master race", which is what the thread is about.

They aren't enough according to who?

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

Hermits promoting nazism is not cool at all. That being said if you spend boat loads of money you can have a gaming experience that is far greater on a technical level.

When it comes to games pc has the most of them. However going by meta scores console exclusives top the list over the pc.

I like pc gaming and i game mostly on pc right now. But when hermits lie and say garbage like pc games are some how much deeper and better then console games its just plane BS

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@roler42 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can't even play Destiny or Metal Gear Solid 5 on PC. GTA V isn't even out yet for PC. How is that "master race"?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

1. Better graphics

2. Higher Framerate

3. Exclusives

4. 1440 or 4k resolutions

5. Cheaper games

6. Adult platform

Also, who says there isn't a game on PC that hasn't won a GOTY? Skyrim won a ton of GOTY's and it was a multiplat and on PC. The problem is, most Sony lovers have ND and that's it. Most of them are probably still waiting for that studios next release since they have absolutely nothing worthy to play now...Also, PC has this...

Loading Video...

This..

Loading Video...

This..

Loading Video...

This...

Loading Video...

oh and this..

Loading Video...

@aroxx_ab

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roler42

@SolidGame_basic: I can't play Starcraft, Dota, LoL, Path of Exile on consoles, how are consoles better then?

Btw... How are you playing Destiny or MGS V on consoles? Do you have early copies? did the devs let you play?

GabranthXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GabranthXIII
Member since 2008 • 996 Posts

@osirisx3 said:

Hermits promoting nazism is not cool at all. That being said if you spend boat loads of money you can have a gaming experience that is far greater on a technical level.

When it comes to games pc has the most of them. However going by meta scores console exclusives top the list over the pc.

I like pc gaming and i game mostly on pc right now. But when hermits lie and say garbage like pc games are some how much deeper and better then console games its just plane BS

Because most of the peasant game reviews are either paid - or made by a fanboy. Like TLOU which is a good example of overrated game, but it just happens to be made by naughty dog come at me, peasant. And yes I have completed the game, it was average.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

no for many reasons including ones like this:

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts
@osirisx3 said:

Hermits promoting nazism is not cool at all.

You're taking this "master race" way too seriously.

Anyway, I've been PC gamer since I can remember, but I like consoles and console games as well.

Also,

@SolidGame_basic said:

I thought this "PC gaming is dead" nonsense died some time ago. Well, some idiot now and then proves otherwise.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic

@roler42 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I can't play Starcraft, Dota, LoL, Path of Exile on consoles, how are consoles better then?

Btw... How are you playing Destiny or MGS V on consoles? Do you have early copies? did the devs let you play?

No one is claiming consoles to be "master race".

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

An argument could be made that PC pushes gameplay and story telling as well. PC has been at the forefront of the indie revolution the last few years.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@roler42 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can't even play Destiny or Metal Gear Solid 5 on PC. GTA V isn't even out yet for PC. How is that "master race"?

I can't even play Wildstar, Day Z or Star Citizen on my Consoles ..... World of Warcraft is not even out for Consoles. FFXIV: ARR is worse with a controller.

see what I did there?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12322 Posts

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@IgGy621985 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I thought this "PC gaming is dead" nonsense died some time ago. Well, some idiot now and then proves otherwise.

I'm really amazed at the assumptions before have made. I never said PC gaming is dead. But the idea that it's a master race? Well, I need more convincing.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Roler42

@SolidGame_basic: Yet here you are trying to claim consoles are better by using two games that are not even out yet (with one not even coming out until next year)

People like you are the reason why the "master race" joke exists, it's funny to use it and have people like you get all worked up about it, to the point you try to use games that aren't even in the market for your argument

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Becauae PC is objectively better in every way. That's fact. Exclusives is highly opinionated

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@roler42: @MBirdy88: ... where in my OP am I saying that consoles are better? I'm not getting worked up at all. In fact I the joke is clearly on the "master race" people

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

ITT: peasants who don't know Yahtzee

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@IgGy621985 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm really amazed at the assumptions before have made. I never said PC gaming is dead. But the idea that it's a master race? Well, I need more convincing.

I'm primarily a PC gamer and I never considered myself a "master race". The truth is, almost every PC gamer out there owns a console also, ergo, is a console gamer too.

I have no idea who invented this "master race" crap. I for one sure ain't part of it.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Roler42

@SolidGame_basic: The fact you took the joke serious enough to question it with nonexistant games is what makes the joke work

That and the fact you are ignoring everything we are telling you :)

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@IgGy621985 said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I'm primarily a PC gamer and I never considered myself a "master race". The truth is, almost every PC gamer out there owns a console also, ergo, is a console gamer too.

I have no idea who invented this "master race" crap. I for one sure ain't part of it.

It's called the reviewer Zero Pucntuation making a joke about the pc master race in a review of his many years ago. The only ones who think it anything more than a joke are uninformed fanboys

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#46 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I always prefer consoles over pc

even though i spent countless hours playing warcraft, world of warcrat, league, and starcraft

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@roler42 said:

@SolidGame_basic: The fact you took the joke serious enough to question it with nonexistant games is what makes the joke work

That and the fact you are ignoring everything we are telling you :)

not really dude, I was just clearing what I said in the OP because it seems like people are taking this as an attack on PC. If you think I'm having a heart attack about video games that's just silly.

and for your information, Destiny and MGS 5 have been announced for consoles and have been developed by Bungie and Konami/Kojima respectively. Dismiss them as you want, but these very popular games have not been announced for PC.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Roler42

@SolidGame_basic: Did you play Destiny and Metal Gear Solid 5? Yes or no

They are popular? So you're telling me people are already playing them? Can you tell me how these games are? I mean clearly for you to use them in your argument, you must have played them

But... If neither you or anyone else has played them and they're not even out yet... Then you're telling me you buy the next gen consoles just so you can play nothing on it since you have to wait for next year for both games to come out...

That's your only argument against PC right now, announcements... At least xboxdone brings out games that are at least out and people have actually played