How is PC the "master race"?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@kingtito said:

70's or early 80's?

Early 80's, man.

lol figured along that time line

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clr84651: you wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face

Wake up!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#103 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Vatusus: so you're generalizing based on a small group of elitisits who may or may not be trolling, but not for the console gamers who show the same elitist attitudes?

The generalization is justified when it comes to hermits when in every single discussion they have to state how "superior" they are.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Vatusus: so all hermits talk about being superior in every post?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lostrib

@clr84651: but I am le tired

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Vatusus: pretty sure console gamers talk about being superior because of their platform all the time.

I see dirty console peasants bragging about 1080p and fps and textures and lighting lmfao. The Master race had 1080p back in 2001. Now Hermits on mid rigs game at 2k while peasants gaming on pauperstation 4 brag about medium settings at 30fps at 1080p in 2014. I have even seen peasants claim console exclusives look better than anything on pc. I usually just look and lol but this shit is getting out of hand. It's not to good to have peasants running wild talking shit about the Master Race.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Vatusus: so you're generalizing based on a small group of elitisits who may or may not be trolling, but not for the console gamers who show the same elitist attitudes?

We don't call ourselves the Master Race or anything to the equivalent. We compare sales, exclusive games, services and their value on our system.

I wouldn't down a PC gamer who had sources stating something about PC just because I didn't like what it said or because I have to put down what their topic is just because it says something about their favorite platform that I don't care about or agree with.

You go too far with calling yourselves the Master Race & putting down people who make topics with supporting sources to what their topic is.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Man, you know one of those days where it's warm, but a breeze comes in and just gently blows through your pubic hair?

Obviously, you need to be naked to experience this, but God, it's good.

lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@lostrib said:

Pretty much, yeah

bunch of attention whores they are

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 lostrib

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

Pretty much, yeah

Hyperbole much?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play console exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, consoles push gameplay and storytelling, PCs push the next hardware. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage is not what is used to be. Also, next gen consoles are quickly becoming the home to many indie games, so PC doesn't even have that anymore. And lastly, who wants to buy a desktop these days unless you really need to? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

Sure they are nice toys, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play PC exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, PC push gameplay, storytelling and graphics, consoles push the kids to talking gangsta. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage on PC is now even bigger compared to the beginning of the last gen. Also, next gen consoles are becoming the home to a few indie games, so PC continuing to dominate and in this area as well. And lastly, who wants to buy a console these days unless you have 5 years old kids? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is here to stay and dominate?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lostrib

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

We don't call ourselves the Master Race or anything to the equivalent. We compare sales, exclusive games, services and their value on our system.

I wouldn't down a PC gamer who had sources stating something about PC just because I didn't like what it said or because I have to put down what their topic is just because it says something about their favorite platform that I don't care about or agree with.

You go too far with calling yourselves the Master Race & putting down people who make topics with supporting sources to what their topic is.

No but console gamers do act superior based simply on their platform of choice, either versus other consoles or versus PC.

Also, didn't you just going on a rant saying PC gamers are a bunch of "retarded losers"

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#113  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

PC gamers that spout that "master race" nonsense are just pimply nerds whose testes haven't descended yet. I just do what girls do: ignore them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@lostrib: Everything posted on SW will be an Hyperbole

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

It's a master race because of the mentality that we are better than you. Gaming is about preference and I don't see anything wrong with consoles but you really can't argue PC isn't superior in every way except exclusives because that's an opinion. On console, MS, Sony have a complete monopoly over what you experience and play. That's why you're refered to as a peasant. You're essentially a slave to their system.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@CyberLips said:

@bforrester420 said:

PC gamers that spout that "master race" nonsense are just pimply nerds whose testes haven't descended yet. I just do what girls do: ignore them.

That has to be one of the biggest misuse of a meme... Ever. Good God.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lostrib

@melonfarmerz said:

It's a master race because of the mentality that we are better than you. Gaming is about preference and I don't see anything wrong with consoles but you really can't argue PC isn't superior in every way except exclusives because that's an opinion. On console, MS, Sony have a complete monopoly over what you experience and play. That's why you're refered to as a peasant. You're essentially a slave to their system.

No

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By CyberLips

@lundy86_4 said:

@CyberLips said:

@bforrester420 said:

That has to be one of the biggest misuse of a meme... Ever. Good God.

I couldn't find a better one....

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

Pretty much, yeah

Can't take that comment serious at all considering we are in System Wars so... Instead of being reasonable and nice I will go ahead and join the herd

"Ha ha stay mad peasant PC Master Race 4 life YO" (am I cool now?)

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Two 780ti and loving it. Looking forward for a 1440p monitor soon.

H1Z1 comes out in beta next month. Can't wait to try it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@CyberLips said:

I couldn't find a better one....

lol. Just funny due to the terribad.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 CyberLips

@roler42 said:

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

Pretty much, yeah

Can't take that comment serious at all considering we are in System Wars so... Instead of being reasonable and nice I will go ahead and join the herd

"Ha ha stay mad peasant PC Master Race 4 life YO" (am I cool now?)

Don't forget to raise your pinkie.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lostrib said:

@melonfarmerz said:

No

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#124  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Better graphics is the cornerstone of the pro-cow movement... Every fucking thread in system wars these days is about resolution or graphical fidelity between the X1 and the PS4...so if cows are allowed to brag about 'superiority', why can't hermits?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@dommeus said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Better graphics is the cornerstone of the pro-cow movement... Every fucking thread in system wars these days is about resolution or graphical fidelity between the X1 and the PS4...so if cows are allowed to brag about 'superiority', why can't hermits?

Peasants always blame the lords for their own failures to be on top.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@melonfarmerz said:

No

Nein!

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Funny, a thread about PC gamers calling themselves master race which is full of PC gamers not calling themselves master race.....a great point is being made here guys!!

Edit: *looks below* (for ****'s sake) Ok never mind,forget i said anything :-/

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

ROYAL KNIGHTS OF GABEN MASTER RACE

PC literally obliterates console in every way. I have been a big defender of console power in the past, but the difference is far to great at the start of this gen. x360 launched with a top of the line GPU and CPU. The ps4 launched with a mid tier GPU and a crappy laptop CPU. Never mind the Xbone and Wii U specs. The difference is sickening. That's not to say the consoles can't do amazing things but as stated earlier in the thread there are limitations and you are at the mercy of Microsoft and Sony whereas the PC as an open platform has limitless potential.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#129 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play console exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, consoles push gameplay and storytelling, PCs push the next hardware. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage is not what is used to be. Also, next gen consoles are quickly becoming the home to many indie games, so PC doesn't even have that anymore. And lastly, who wants to buy a desktop these days unless you really need to? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

multiplats are the real big and good games, exclusives suck because the only devs who accept bribe to make a game exclusive are the new and small devs

ps2 had good exclusives but it dominated that gen and selling on ps2 was equivalent to sell for everyone

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

There isn't an explanation for the PC master race, it just is. It's like asking someone to explain gravity or fucking magnets, not everything that is true is easy to describe.

Master race comes in, master race goes out. Can't explain that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#131 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

All fan groups are douchy, and sure the PC fanbase certainly can be grade A douchy.

Thing is though the worst thing you can ever say about PC elitists, is that they are elitist. Consolites? are fucking ignorant. If I have to tolerate one. I'd rather go with the elitist douche who at least knows what he or she is talking about. As oppose to an idiot who will spew shit that is objectively false.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#132  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing. The "we are the best" attitude doesn't mean much if consoles have outright taken over FPS, RPG's and every genre that generally isn't MMO or casual bejewel tablet games.

What is pc gaming now? Well, if you go by core games, it's console ports. And what are console ports? Secondary. Likewise many of these ports (dark souls 2 recently) are delayed to curb piracy because console gamers actually buy games and publishers do not want these "master race" cutting into that demographic piece of the pie, the primary piece of the pie.

You get good console ports and casual tablet games designed for bored house wfes. Congrats. Truly, amazing.

Waw....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lostrib

@uninspiredcup: oh lord. This should be saved for later

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Beats me. I don't get involved in the "master race" bit. I just want to play games. It's just like when I was gaming on the Amiga. There's always Amiga zealots putting down all other platforms (including IBM-compatibles) It sucked having to share the platform with them.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

linux is getting:

the witcher 3

star citizen

new civilization

project cars

linux is my favourite OS, and it runs on many platforms including PC - so I'm pretty happy.

I don't subscribe to this master race business and I think it's uncool to call people peasants.

Pheasants though, that's really cool. It just sounds great. If anyone wants to call me a pheasant I'd be ... a box of birds! haha!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lostrib

@CrownKingArthur: unfortunately the number of games linux doesn't get is still too large

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lundy86_4  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing. The "we are the best" attitude doesn't mean much if consoles have outright taken over FPS, RPG's and every genre that generally isn't MMO or casual bejewel tablet games.

What is pc gaming now? Well, if you go by core games, it's console ports. And what are console ports? Secondary. Likewise many of these ports (dark souls 2 recently) are delayed to curb piracy because console gamers actually buy games and publishers do not want these "master race" cutting into that demographic piece of the pie, the primary piece of the pie.

You get good console ports and casual tablet games designed for bored house wfes. Congrats. Truly, amazing.

Waw....

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@lostrib: i will agree because it can always use more.

even so, i am really impressed with the linux support so far. 420 games on steam os.

have you ever booted into a linux os of your own volition?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 CrownKingArthur
@uninspiredcup said:

Waw....

uninspiredcup

you are easily modeled by y = sin (x)

and i mean that in the nicest possible way. i think you are a funny comedian.

Avatar image for Sharp-Shooter89
Sharp-Shooter89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Sharp-Shooter89
Member since 2012 • 128 Posts
Loading Video...

this is why PC masterrace got popular, because of the peasants themselves

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#141 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Chris Rock ages well.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Sharp-Shooter89 said:

Loading Video...

this is why PC masterrace got popular, because of the peasants themselves

Never thought I'd see a BBC video on SW, LMAO now if you excuse me... It's tea time... Ahem... PC MASTER RACE! *raises pinky*

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#143 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Nuff said .

Loading Video...

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

false

We can play all the console exclusives of the past on a single machine.

Additionally, I can do so with any controller that ever existed basically.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#145  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Sorry guys, but console gaming is the master race.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#146 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Jelly Console peasant confirmed.

FragSponge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 FragSponge
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

@FACT: PC owners are elite.

This should help clear things up........

We can afford a PC that clearly out performs your broken boxes that never work properly on release

We laugh at console owners crying cos its not 1080p

We don't get limited at 60fps

We buy/build a PC & actually have games available to play at that point that are actually quite good & don't have to wait over 12 months for a game worth playing

We can build a PC that performs at least as good as a current gen console for about the same price (a number of sites have done this), yet we don't, we pay a little bit more to build better, that lasts longer.

We don't have to pay £60 for a game - that usually turns out to be 4 hours long and/or utter shite

Our PC's can do all the tricks your little plastic boxes do & more (& yes that includes Kinect type hardware - no? google it)

We don't have to pay extra on-top of our broadband deal to play our games online (SUBSCRIPTION GAMES NOT INCLUDED)

Our PC's can run our back catalogue of games

Got a last gen console i.e 360 or ps3? We can emulate that and play your games if we wanted, (no? google it) - can you play your last gen games on your new console?

We can upgrade/alter/change/repair our machines at our leisure without breaking shitty little warranties that don't actually cover any of the faults, cause legal issues or other infringements.

We don't get storage capacity issues

We don't care about exclusives as that exclusive is the same game as the last exclusive, is more often that not generic boredom inducing meh-ness and always loaded with unwarranted adolescent hype. Plus we have something similar ALREADY zzzzz. Consoles get exclusives as you'll happily pay £60 for the crap 'AAA' minimal content game cos itz lookz goodz innit

We don't need assisted aim to shoot people with mouse & keyboard

We can mod our games

oh and

We have access to the Steam sale

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Wow, the peasents are really embarrasing themselves in this thread.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@FragSponge said:

@FACT: PC owners are elite.

This should help clear things up........

We can afford a PC that clearly out performs your broken boxes that never work properly on release

We laugh at console owners crying cos its not 1080p

We don't get limited at 60fps

We buy/build a PC & actually have games available to play at that point that are actually quite good & don't have to wait over 12 months for a game worth playing

We can build a PC that performs at least as good as a current gen console for about the same price (a number of sites have done this), yet we don't, we pay a little bit more to build better, that lasts longer.

We don't have to pay £60 for a game - that usually turns out to be 4 hours long and/or utter shite

Our PC's can do all the tricks your little plastic boxes do & more (& yes that includes Kinect type hardware - no? google it)

We don't have to pay extra on-top of our broadband deal to play our games online (SUBSCRIPTION GAMES NOT INCLUDED)

Our PC's can run our back catalogue of games

Got a last gen console i.e 360 or ps3? We can emulate that and play your games if we wanted, (no? google it) - can you play your last gen games on your new console?

We can upgrade/alter/change/repair our machines at our leisure without breaking shitty little warranties that don't actually cover any of the faults, cause legal issues or other infringements.

We don't get storage capacity issues

We don't care about exclusives as that exclusive is the same game as the last exclusive, is more often that not generic boredom inducing meh-ness and always loaded with unwarranted adolescent hype. Plus we have something similar ALREADY zzzzz. Consoles get exclusives as you'll happily pay £60 for the crap 'AAA' minimal content game cos itz lookz goodz innit

We don't need assisted aim to shoot people with mouse & keyboard

We can mod our games

oh and

We have access to the Steam sale

You beg for console game ports with hundreds of thousands of petition signatures.

You come in last place in game of the year exclusives for an entire gen

Your library consists mostly of indies, which negates the power of your rigs, since they perform and look exactly the same on consoles, handhelds, and mobile.

You only purchase games during Steam sales because you are not as financially sound

You do not play your games

You wait months for games already on consoles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock-star-games-bring-red-dead-redemption-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

You are beggars, lapping up console gamers scraps

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#150  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  • Better Graphics ... Fact
  • Better Performance... Fact
  • Mods... Fact
  • Play as you want (Mouse Keyboard , Joystick, Controller etc)... Fact
  • Free Online (No free PSN/XBL games scam)... Fact
  • Emulators... Fact
  • Cheaper Games/Sales... Fact
  • More Genres (Consoles = Action Games with QTEs Plus few racing games here and there)... Fact
  • Innovation (New Tech , New Genres)... Fact
  • More Exclusives (Overall more high rated exclusives)... Fact
  • Backward Compatibility (Recently played Broken Sword 5 , No One Lives Forever 2 and F.E.A.R. , and now downloading Dark Souls 2 . Would've needed 3 consoles to do the same)... Fact
  • PCs are becoming cheaper and easy to build and with OS like Windows 7 , 8.1 (Not Vanilla 8) and Steam OS , PC gaming is more accessible than ever ... Fact

PC gaming is growing .

Fastest Growing Platform of the world :

http://www.slashgear.com/ea-ceo-calls-pc-the-fastest-growing-game-platform-20239643/

PC gaming made 24 billion USD in 2013 :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/12/developers-explain-why-pc-gaming-has-never-been-stronger-24-billion-dollars-yearly-revenue-estimated/

More devs are interested in PC than PS4 and Xbox One :

Source : http://www.dsogaming.com/news/gdc-2014-survey-proves-that-pc-is-the-most-popular-platform/

Conclusion : PC is stronger than ever and isn't going away anytime soon .

I'm not saying that Consoles are irrelevant (even though none of console exclusives interest me) but saying PC is not relevant anymore is ignorance .