How is PC the "master race"?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#351 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@GabranthXIII said:

Because most of the peasant game reviews are either paid - or made by a fanboy. Like TLOU which is a good example of overrated game, but it just happens to be made by naughty dog come at me, peasant. And yes I have completed the game, it was average.

The time it took to make that gif was time a MasterRace dude had nothing better to do with his glorious PC while a console player was actually having fun playing a video game.

prove it

Consoles just play games, can't make/edit vid->gifs on consoles.

So those netflix, amazon instant, music apps, blu-ray players, etc are just for show?

And all of those are still a fun time, not "let me specifically waste my time doing something to target a demographic I don't particularly like for no apparent reason other than make myself feel better".

Point proven.

Oh, so you're the only person who determines what is a fun time?

No, theres a lot of messed up people doing some crazy messed up stuff because they think its fun.

If bully/target a demographic is your cup of tea go ahead and do it.

Now you can drop it because you're not gonna win this argument, you haven't come up with one yet after all.

No, i've just pointed out where you're wrong.

Good day

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352  Edited By Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@GabranthXIII said:

Because most of the peasant game reviews are either paid - or made by a fanboy. Like TLOU which is a good example of overrated game, but it just happens to be made by naughty dog come at me, peasant. And yes I have completed the game, it was average.

The time it took to make that gif was time a MasterRace dude had nothing better to do with his glorious PC while a console player was actually having fun playing a video game.

prove it

Consoles just play games, can't make/edit vid->gifs on consoles.

So those netflix, amazon instant, music apps, blu-ray players, etc are just for show?

And all of those are still a fun time, not "let me specifically waste my time doing something to target a demographic I don't particularly like for no apparent reason other than make myself feel better".

Point proven.

No, theres a lot of messed up people doing some crazy messed up stuff because they think its fun.

Now you can drop it because you're not gonna win this argument, you haven't come up with one yet after all.

Good day

Just read up, you can tell your hands from your feet, you're just trying to look clever and you can't come up with a single counter argument.

That gif took time, it was made with the sole intention to bully/antagonize console players, I don't even have to go beyond that to "prove" my original post as you requested.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By lostrib

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

@lostrib said:

@Kane04 said:

Point proven.

Good day

Just read up, you can tell your hands from your feet, you're just trying to look clever and you can't come up with a single counter argument.

That gif took time, it was made with the sole intention to bully/antagonize console players, I don't even have to go beyond that to "prove" my original post as you requested.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

@lostrib said:

Now that was funny.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

* ResidentSleeper*

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#356 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

Still not sure how it's "your topic", but okay

And in no way have I prevented you or anyone else from making topics or posting sources. But if your sources are flawed, why shouldn't I point that out?

You're the one who has been making it personal, from attempting to insult me constantly to putting me in your sig.

Just take the loss and move on. Seriously, it's sad to think that someone who acts like you do has kids

See there. You had to type take the loss and move on. Keep being a dick about people's topic. It's all you know as you can't see past your nose.

You're the one continuously slinging personal insults. Not sure how I'm the dick here.

And then you get on me for commenting/criticizing people's posts, and yet a number of times you felt compelled to comment on me saying "whoopty doo" or when you felt the need to say, "One from the Disaster Race makes another lame topic." in my topic about a Dark Souls 2 sale.

Makes you seem like a big fat hypocrite

All these insults to you are after you did them to me and others for no reason other than you aren't impressed with what their topic is about or in mine I didn't prove it to you. I had sources from VG Chartz and others.

Lol, and let's just stop right there

"Don't use VG Chartz in posts, don't create threads with them. They will be laughed at."

So you're upset because I pointed out that your sources are flawed, and that means it's okay to continuously personally insult me, including calling me one of the worst possible things out there, and act like a hypocrite?

Here is the latest. If you have a better source than this to prove me wrong. I will admit I was wrong.

Click the bottom left of the box that says "Global Hardware Totals" that says "This Generation" and change it to "Last Generation". It shows the PS3 has sold 1.1 million more globally. I figure it can be off by at most 500,000 units sold. 1.1 million ahead is enough to use it as a source.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

once again

"Don't use VG Chartz in posts, don't create threads with them. They will be laughed at."

Touche. Don't post in topics just to be a dick. You're a PC guy posting in a topic bashing PS3 vs 360 sales. Btw, even my wives dead mother knows the PS3 came from behind to pass the 360. LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 lostrib

@clr84651 said:

@lostrib said:

@clr84651 said:

Here is the latest. If you have a better source than this to prove me wrong. I will admit I was wrong.

Click the bottom left of the box that says "Global Hardware Totals" that says "This Generation" and change it to "Last Generation". It shows the PS3 has sold 1.1 million more globally. I figure it can be off by at most 500,000 units sold. 1.1 million ahead is enough to use it as a source.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

once again

Touche. Don't post in topics just to be a dick. You're a PC guy posting in a topic bashing PS3 vs 360 sales. Btw, even my wives dead mother knows the PS3 came from behind to pass the 360. LOL

"For God's sake dude. Let people make topics and site sources and say things"

"Don't post in topics just to be a dick"

So which one is it? should people be allowed to make topics and say things or should they not. You're really confusing yourself

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#358  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

This is why.

I can install a game from 2001 on PC and it will play.

It is the purest form of an digital environment. That there is.

Microsoft/Sony wants you to buy into their BS all digital garbage when you can't even play the games from the previous systems. I looking at you. My collection of over 20+ arcade games!!!

That isn't the all digital environment I want to be apart of. If they are going to handcuff software to old hardware. Those licenses HAVE to be accessible to any future installment of hardware.

In my opinion you can't be a digital only entity unless all your games "old and new" are part of the package. As they are on the PC.

Microsoft is naïve to even think this was a smart move. This is not what all digital means Microsoft. I might have accepted the digital only environment. IF every game I had bought on every Microsoft hardware console iteration was mine. Then and only then would I consider an all digital environment like Steam.

The way Microsoft tried to pull this shit off was a money grab. /sleazy

That's why the PC will always be number 1 in my book. It is the purest form of a TRUE digital platform.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Then pls say were I was wrong in your opinion. But of course a big part of it is my theory. Feel free to quote on me on the parts where you think I was wrong and then we'll have a discussion.

I don't need to. You failed to prove what you were saying.

In what did I fail to prove what I was saying?

When do you ever prove what you were saying?

What is there to prove? Srs?

Point out what points need to be proven.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#360  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

I first ran into the term when Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee used it to refer to hermits in a mocking fashion. It seemed to have flourished from there.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

Pc gamers understand all gaming, console gamers only understand console gaming.

Anyway surely the Phrase "PC Gaming Master Race" is always said tongue in cheek and not meant as a serious indictment of any other gaming.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Kane04 said:
@bforrester420 said:

PC gamers that spout that "master race" nonsense are just pimply nerds whose testes haven't descended yet. I just do what girls do: ignore them.

^ This.

I've started playing games in 1991, still have the (non working) parts of my 1st WinPC, trust me, its all a bunch of kids that started on the PS2-360 and just found out about PCs.

it's great to see posters like you guys exist in this forum lol

I love playing on my PC; I've put more hours in the Civ. series that I care to count. I'll not act like an elitist nerd just because I have a PC I can game on (it's not particularly potent...GTX 650ti, 32-bit Windows, i5 processor).

I have fond memories of playing Sid Meier's Pirates Gold! and Doom I and II on my old Windows 3.1.1 PC back in the early 90s.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib Holy shit dude, what did you do?

Check this thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/so-wait-who-was-second-place-last-gen-31190292/?page=1

And it's continued through a couple different threads after that

That's a paddlin'

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#364  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games.

Lol. Bullshit. The PC gets fantastic games.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#365  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@applebeatspc said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sure they get better graphics, but they don't necessarily get better games. You can't play console exclusives which are developed by the some of the best studios in the world. In terms of the medium, consoles push gameplay and storytelling, PCs push the next hardware. And with next gen consoles here, the graphical advantage is not what is used to be. Also, next gen consoles are quickly becoming the home to many indie games, so PC doesn't even have that anymore. And lastly, who wants to buy a desktop these days unless you really need to? So can we finally agree that the PC master race is no more?

These PC fanboys pump $300/year into their system in order to play the latest games on super high settings. The PC does things consoles can't, but when it comes to true versatility, consoles are truly dominant, particularly the X1. When you have friends over you can't hover around the PC sitting on the desk; people want to hang out in the living room and play. When playing games you don't always want to stick to RTS style games either. Consoles offer flexibility.

PC fanboys are always suffering from viruses and blue screens of death as well while my iMac never suffers a single hiccup. Sad PC fanboys.

How the hell is a console more versatile than a PC? Last time I checked, beyond gaming and some multimedia functionality the PC absolutely murders a console in the things it can do.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45093 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@MonsieurX said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@walloftruth said:

@GabranthXIII said:

You did say we get better graphics, but you forgot: smoother framerates, more exclusives, emulators and the greatest application that is Steam.

And I have to agree with my buddy Vlad, who wants to be in a car with a peasant? no one.

WIN

lol, you guys still playing GTA IV? why not V? oh right..

Please explain why I can't play GTA V

have fun playing the best version! you know how much the PC people love that

so you can't explain your statement?

can't be master race when you have to wait a year to get the game after everyone else lol

...based on a single game?

lolreally?

actually I mentioned Destiny & MGS 5 before, but you guys love to keep downplaying it. what kind of master race is that?

So,because we can't play 3 games?

oo - also, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@-Rhett81- said:

Console-user envy of the PC master race is adorable. Please continue :)

It's not envy. It's confusion as to why?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I think you guys enjoy being a fanboy to only 1 platform the way you all force your opinion on others. I'm sure in some of your guys fantasies, every single game ever made would only be made for your choice platform but reality hits hard, truth hurts. Putting yourselves on pedestals won't achieve anything. Forcing your opinion driving home points as if they were bullets won't quite change anyone's mind. It's an amusing debate for human psychology if nothing else but honestly I think most here in this thread would be far happier people if you balanced things out and get all the platforms that have the games you want.....from there you can be honest with yourself and choose which genre works best on which platform to provide the best overall experience. Sometimes it can be graphics or sometimes control or community or seamless and intuitive

For me, I opt to have racers, 3rd person, dogfighting and maybe specific FPS on consoles mostly due to input methods being optimized from the devs or games where I want to kick back and just get right to the game. Side scrollers, platformers I prefer on PSP or 3DS type systems. Classic arcades I prefer on an arcade with quality joysticks. Casual games, puzzles and Adventures I prefer on my iPad generally, some are more fun on the old Wii. RTS,RPG's and some FPS feel more comfortable on PC unless they are buggy,require tinkering or make the experience a bit too convoluted.

Don't any of you here have any sense for which styles and genres of games would work out better for you on specific platforms? You should at least know yourself that much, if so then you would know that none are superior over the other. Or are you guys so biased that you lie to yourself and get defensive? Grow up, play to have fun. There is no real "master race" nor smug console gamers. It's all in your heads and how you chose to perceive them. I know my posts are abrasive but reality is too. Some games are just more fun or provide a better overall experience on specific platforms. That's probably why they exist.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45093 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

oo - also, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III

Your trolling is terrible and you should feel ashamed for it. And sides, Sqeenix said they were interested in getting FFXV on PC, sho KH3 might come as well.

And have fun playing Broken Age, Lichdom, Star Citizen, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Forest, Elite Dangerous, Men of War : Assault Squad 2, Eve Valkyrie, Gauntlet, Fortnite, Planetary Annihilation, Dreamfall Chapters, Pillars of Eternity, Eden Star, Galactic Civilization 3, Survarium, Civilization : Beyond Earth, DayZ etc....oh wait....you can't.... LEL

Consoles are not the "master race" remember?

m7mdafifa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 m7mdafifa
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

@bforrester420: its a fucking meme and lets be real here pcs are superior and more liked by devs because they can update without paying and letting players fix the game them selves and mod the game

m7mdafifa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 m7mdafifa
Member since 2016 • 2 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: bro its a fucking meme

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@m7mdafifa: It's a fucking meme!

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#377 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Necro thread..

and @GhostHawk196 ..You try waaay too hard my dude.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

what pleb comments in a 2 fucking year old thread?

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@naz99 said:

what pleb comments in a 2 fucking year old thread?

The NoobMasterRace, that's who -_-