How did 360 become the #1 selling console worldwide with the PS3 price drop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] He mad

You didn't answer the question.

What is your psn I will go on right now and send u a message Madboy, your garbage sig isn't showing, I'm waiting

Still waiting, d-bag. My psn is senor_blanco.
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

How did the awesome beast of a console called the 360 perform so well last year against the PS3 price drop and all of their supposedly awesome exclusives. This is just unheard of. Can someone explain this phenomenon.

jimmypsn

Use that tiny little brain of yours and figure it out. The casuals turned up during the holidays all wanting to upgrade to an hd casual console, the kinect.

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 mysticstryk

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="clone01"] You misspelled "cows." Unless, of course, that is your attempt at appearing extreme.ForzaGearsFace
LMAOO, Awesome :lol::lol:

Navy you spelled lmaoo wrong hahahaha deal with it wannabe

Are you drunk, or just stupid? Because every post you make on this board makes me believe that you are at least on of those, or both.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

360 sold more then wii?

Tikeio

In 2011.

were just talking about a year? or worldwide because the thread says worldwide

and worldwide the wii is 95+ and 360 is 65+....this thread fails since it started

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

and worldwide the wii is 95+ and 360 is 65+....this thread fails since it started

Mario1331

By selling rather than sold, presumably it's referring to hardware shipments.

The 360 ended up shipping slightly more than the PS3 in CY2011, and both shipped around 4 million more than the Wii.

But the 360 most likely overshipped in the last fiscal quarter, as demand nowhere near met retailer expectations.

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"] Soccer, for example, is most popular in third world countries because all you need is a single ball and a field. Cheapest sport on the planet to participate in. KC_Hokie

:lol: Do you really know it is more popular in more countries than 3rd world ones

More even more financial healthy countries than USA :lol:

Heck, do you know how much Messi or Ronaldo get payed. How much tv rights from thousand of Leagues cost?

Spanish League, England, Italian. How much Brands have to pay for Beckham showing in one commercial. How much tickets cost? How many and how much Soccer Stadiums cost and are built around the WHOLE planet?

Yeah, it is cheap sport for poor people in 3rd world countries :lol:

Yes, soccer is played in over 200 countries, including many third world countries, because all you need is a ball and a field. So just because it is popular doesn't make it good. That was my original point.

this is very true. actually in junior high my teacher talked about this. sports like basketball, baseball, and hockey require equipment to play. soccer can be played with a soda can and imaginary goal posts. i cant believe people still didnt know this

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 TH1Sx1SxSPARTA
Member since 2011 • 1852 Posts
[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"][QUOTE="clone01"] You didn't answer the question.clone01
What is your psn I will go on right now and send u a message Madboy, your garbage sig isn't showing, I'm waiting

lol forza just backed himself into a corner good job clone01
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

this is very true. actually in junior high my teacher talked about this. sports like basketball, baseball, and hockey require equipment to play. soccer can be played with a soda can and imaginary goal posts. i cant believe people still didnt know this

TH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Baseball: socks made a ball and a stick
Hockey: A can and more sticks
Basketball: A balloon and an imaginary "goal post

Imagination, you can do everything with it =|

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"] What is your psn I will go on right now and send u a message Madboy, your garbage sig isn't showing, I'm waitingTH1Sx1SxSPARTA

Isn't that called a Fakeboy when you pretend to own systems you don't, to try and gain credibility?

ForzaGearsFace is one of the only true Lemmings left here on System Wars, him and JimmyPSN are always tag teaming threads. If he's a fakeboy, that will be a big hit to the Lemming population.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#211 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="clone01"] Still waiting, d-bag. My psn is senor_blanco.arkephonic

Isn't that called a Fakeboy when you pretend to own systems you don't, to try and gain credibility?

ForzaGearsFace is one of the only true Lemmings left here on System Wars, him and JimmyPSN are always tag teaming threads. If he's a fakeboy, that will be a big hit to the Lemming population.

No, a fakeboy is someone who pretends to be a fanboy in order to make the fanbase look bad.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"] lol forza just backed himself into a corner good job clone01Stevo_the_gamer

No, a fakeboy is someone who pretends to be a fanboy in order to make the fanbase look bad.

So what do you call a person who pretends to own a system they don't? A moron?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

arkephonic

Someone who's dishonest.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Someone who's dishonest.

Well, someone tried to call me a fakeboy in an earlier post, but I know I'm not being dishonest. I am very vocal about the system I don't own. Still happily a manticore otherwise:)
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Well, someone tried to call me a fakeboy in an earlier post, but I know I'm not being dishonest. I am very vocal about the system I don't own. Still happily a manticore otherwise:)psx_warrior
Manticores are normally neutral in that approach and aren't vocal against any singular system. Manticores are a rare breed in SW. Hell, the only manticore I know of is jg4xchamp who doesn't really have any preference.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 arkephonic

[QUOTE="psx_warrior"]Well, someone tried to call me a fakeboy in an earlier post, but I know I'm not being dishonest. I am very vocal about the system I don't own. Still happily a manticore otherwise:)Stevo_the_gamer
Manticores are normally neutral in that approach and aren't vocal against any singular system. Manticores are a rare breed in SW. Hell, the only manticore I know of is jg4xchamp who doesn't really have any preference.

I thought Manticores were people who had a gaming pc, 360, wii, ps3, and apple products, regardless of whether or not they had a favorite.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I thought Manticores were people who had a gaming pc, 360, wii, ps3, and apple products, regardless of whether or not they had a favorite.

arkephonic

I own all of the above (the only handheld I own is a 3DS), and I don't (and wouldn't) classify myself as a manticore. Some individuals can own multiple systems, yet still hold a preference.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Stevo_the_gamer

I own all of the above (the only handheld I own is a 3DS), and I don't (and wouldn't classify) myself as a manticore. Some individuals can own multiple systems, yet still hold a preference.

Hmm, I have PS3 (2), Wii (2), 360 (2), 3DS, PS2 (2), Gamecube (2), Xbox (2), N64 (2), Dreamcast (2), PS1 (2), and a gaming PC from 2008 that is now a bit dated. I don't really have a strong preference for any, but I do find myself arguing with Lemmings a lot of the time. Would that be considered a Manticore?

Oh, I forgot, I have an iPhone4s, iPad 2 and iPod 4g 64gig too. So part Worm.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Hmm, I have PS3 (2), Wii (2), 360 (2), 3DS, PS2 (2), Gamecube (2), Xbox (2), N64 (2), Dreamcast (2), PS1 (2), and a gaming PC from 2008 that is now a bit dated. I don't really have a strong preference for any, but I do find myself arguing with Lemmings a lot of the time. Would that be considered a Manticore?

Oh, I forgot, I have an iPhone4s, iPad 2 and iPhone 4g 64gig too. So part Worm.

arkephonic

If you have no preferences, then yeah, you'd be a manticore.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

Stevo_the_gamer

Just out of curiosity, which fanboys do you think are the worst on SW?

Not specific users, just what animal or whatever.

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

The Xbox 360 isn't even number one. The Wii is. This thread is as worthless as the poster that decided to create it. I don't even dislike the 360 either, but this is just a garbage thread.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 psx_warrior

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

I own all of the above (the only handheld I own is a 3DS), and I don't (and wouldn't classify) myself as a manticore. Some individuals can own multiple systems, yet still hold a preference.

WOW, wish I still had all my systems I bought over the years like that. I'm trying really hard to be a manticore, but it's difficult because my natural tendency is to gravitate to one or the other, but I did buy Wii, 3ds, PS3, PSP, and preordered Vita wifi version so I wouldn't miss any games I just had to get my hands on, but I would argue that I am still a manticore, even though I hate Microsoft. It's because they just can't make a reliable system and I'm unhappy with them as of late on their first party offerings. I would gladly own one if neither of these were a problem for me.
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

arkephonic

The PS3 fans are typically the most vocal, so I'd go with them.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]I own all of the above (the only handheld I own is a 3DS), and I don't (and wouldn't classify) myself as a manticore. Some individuals can own multiple systems, yet still hold a preference.

psx_warrior

WOW, wish I still had all my systems I bought over the years like that. I'm trying really hard to be a manticore, but it's difficult because my natural tendency is to gravitate to one or the other, but I did buy Wii, 3ds, PS3, PSP, and preordered Vita wifi version so I wouldn't miss any games I just had to get my hands on, but I would argue that I am still a manticore, even though I hate Microsoft. It's because they just can't make a reliable system and I'm unhappy with them as of late on their first party offerings. I would gladly own one if neither of these were a problem for me.

I traded in a ton of my stuff. Everything I have from before this generation I had to buy again, because I sold it off before. I had a massive collection, dating back to NES, and now I have only dating back to PS1 era. The systems I labeled with a (2) are the ones that I have 2 of, the 2nd being an unboxed brand new console for collecting purposes.

I still have a long ways to go before I actually buy back everything I sold away.

I'm also not too thrilled about the Kinect focus that 360 has now, and I don't like the fact that the Nextbox will possibly have it come standard. I think 360 would be a lot better if they spent all that Kinect money on games that I'm actually interested in, like mature themed violent games that use a regular controller.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 psx_warrior

[QUOTE="psx_warrior"][QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

I traded in a ton of my stuff. Everything I have from before this generation I had to buy again, because I sold it off before. I had a massive collection, dating back to NES, and now I have only dating back to PS1 era. The systems I labeled with a (2) are the ones that I have 2 of, the 2nd being an unboxed brand new console for collecting purposes.

I still have a long ways to go before I actually buy back everything I sold away.

Good luck.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 arkephonic

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

[QUOTE="psx_warrior"]WOW, wish I still had all my systems I bought over the years like that. I'm trying really hard to be a manticore, but it's difficult because my natural tendency is to gravitate to one or the other, but I did buy Wii, 3ds, PS3, PSP, and preordered Vita wifi version so I wouldn't miss any games I just had to get my hands on, but I would argue that I am still a manticore, even though I hate Microsoft. It's because they just can't make a reliable system and I'm unhappy with them as of late on their first party offerings. I would gladly own one if neither of these were a problem for me.psx_warrior

Good luck.

Thanks. Grats on your 3DS and Wii, those are awesome systems, Wii is underappreciated on SW but it is really good.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

shinrabanshou

By selling rather than sold, presumably it's referring to hardware shipments.

The 360 ended up shipping slightly more than the PS3 in CY2011, and both shipped around 4 million more than the Wii.

But the 360 most likely overshipped in the last fiscal quarter, as demand nowhere near met retailer expectations.

so who sold more?

mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mysticstryk

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

The sheep and hermits generally keep to themselves most days. Cows seem to be more prevalent, but beside a few, are actually not all that bad to have a discussion with. The lemmings tend to be a bit more annoying and troll the board the most.

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

so who sold more?

Mario1331

In calendar year 2011, the 360 sold the most units to retail, the PS3 was second and the Wii third/last.

Sell-through estimates have the 360 and PS3 selling-through the same amount worldwide in 2011, with the Wii selling-through less.

However, the Wii has still sold the most units to retail LTD, followed by the 360, followed by the PS3 in last place. Nothing has changed there.

koryuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 koryuk
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

Xbox is better and people want a social experience that you cannot get on psn.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

If you only counting HD consoles then the 360 is #1.

Face it Nintendo gamers your console isn't even HD so it shouldn't be counted against the HD consoles. You can count it against the sub-HD consoles like the XBox, PS2, etc. :D

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#232 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="TH1Sx1SxSPARTA"][QUOTE="clone01"] Still waiting, d-bag. My psn is senor_blanco.arkephonic

you forgot phonemug,lol
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

Oh, I forgot, I have an iPhone4s, iPad 2 and iPod 4g 64gig too. So part Worm.

jammy sod, i only got 1xsnes,1xmegadrive,1xC64,1xPsONE,2xdreamcast,1xPs2,2x xbox, 2x360,1xPs3,2xwii and 6xDSlite, had an N64 and GC but the N64 gave up the ghost and i sold my GC cos i can play the games on the wii.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

[QUOTE="psx_warrior"][QUOTE="arkephonic"]

arkephonic

I'm also not too thrilled about the Kinect focus that 360 has now, and I don't like the fact that the Nextbox will possibly have it come standard. I think 360 would be a lot better if they spent all that Kinect money on games that I'm actually interested in, like mature themed violent games that use a regular controller.

Mass Effect 3? Step in the right direction if you ask me...I love how it's incorporated into that game.
woodenfork21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 woodenfork21
Member since 2011 • 454 Posts

The Wii is the best selling system world wide,and the 360 has more overall sales than PS3. However the PS3 has been selling at a faster rate than 360.

Either way who cares? The two systems are neck and neck in sales it's pointless, and we don't get paid each time a unit sells so how does it affect you? Sales do NOT determine quality btw.

Also I never see you post anything to do with games at all, it's always just "MS made this amount of money last quarter than Sony", it'spretty sad that you would rather play sales than games, but I guess that's the only thing you can do with a 360 nowadays huh?

ShadowMoses900

goodlord, you used every sales DC phrase invented in just one post lmao.