How did 360 become the #1 selling console worldwide with the PS3 price drop?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

How did the awesome beast of a console called the 360 perform so well last year against the PS3 price drop and all of their supposedly awesome exclusives. This is just unheard of. Can someone explain this phenomenon.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

Kinect I guess.

Yes, it's dumb, the games are stupid, but it helped boost the sales, especially with all that marketing they did.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#3 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Kinect, lol.

BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
Same reason why Justin Beiber sells, Americans love mindless fads.
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmypsn

So MS has beaten the supposed "hardcore" king of the PS3 and the "casual" king of the Wii to be the Super Voltron of awesome console goodness. Yeah I think the 360 is now the SUPER KING.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I hope you realize that the 360 was still cheaper even after the PS3 price drop.

suz437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 suz437
Member since 2005 • 1053 Posts

Kinect I believe

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

So MS has beaten the supposed "hardcore" king of the PS3 and the "casual" king of the Wii to be the Super Voltron of awesome console goodness. Yeah I think the 360 is now the SUPER KING.

jimmypsn

The 360 has sold 65 million total

The Wii has sold 95 million total

I think the all time winner is clear and it's not the 360 lol.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Demonjoe93

jimmypsn

Keep playing thes sales game ifthat's what helps you justify your purchase.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jimmypsn

In the land of lemmings, cows, sheep, hermits and whatever barnyard animals you can think of, the 360 has the ring of power, the ring to rule them all. hahahaah.

spotofun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spotofun
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

Same reason why Justin Beiber sells, Americans love mindless fads.BigBoss255

Some prefer reading mindless comments....

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Demonjoe93

In the land of lemmings, cows, sheep, hermits and whatever barnyard animals you can think of, the 360 has the ring of power, the ring to rule them all. hahahaah.

jimmypsn

The Wii has sold about 30 million more so...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
Also you should take into account the failure rates from 2005-2008 worldwide and how many people re-bought 360's.
67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
A PS3 at any price is... well, still just a PS3... 360 is simply the better choice for reasons that have been tossed around this forum for years now... I have had both machines since shortly after their respective launches and when you compare what they bring to the table, the clear winner is xbox360, hands-down, no-contest, price point or not...
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#15 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

The Wii is the best selling system world wide,and the 360 has more overall sales than PS3. However the PS3 has been selling at a faster rate than 360.

Either way who cares? The two systems are neck and neck in sales it's pointless, and we don't get paid each time a unit sells so how does it affect you? Sales do NOT determine quality btw.

Also I never see you post anything to do with games at all, it's always just "MS made this amount of money last quarter than Sony", it'spretty sad that you would rather play sales than games, but I guess that's the only thing you can do with a 360 nowadays huh?

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Demonjoe93

You just typed. Keep playing thes sales game ifthat's what helps you justify your purchase. Then you write, The Wii has sold about 30 million more so... So which is friend, you in or you out? lol
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

You just typed. Keep playing thes sales game ifthat's what helps you justify your purchase. Then you write, The Wii has sold about 30 million more so... So which is friend, you in or you out? lol

I'm just pointing out that by your "logic" (I'm using term quite generously here) the Wii is really king since it sold more. I don't think the Wii is king.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jimmypsn

The Wii is the best selling system world wide,and the 360 has more overall sales than PS3. However the PS3 has been selling at a faster rate than 360.

Either way who cares? The two systems are neck and neck in sales it's pointless, and we don't get paid each time a unit sells so how does it affect you? Sales do NOT determine quality btw.

Also I never see you post anything to do with games at all, it's always just "MS made this amount of money last quarter than Sony", it'spretty sad that you would rather play sales than games, but I guess that's the only thing you can do with a 360 nowadays huh?

ShadowMoses900

I own some ms stock. Its in my interest to see MS succeed.

infinite884

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 infinite884
Member since 2008 • 701 Posts

the 360 is still cheaper then the ps3

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

they are just responding to your claims
jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jimmypsn

Given enough time. MS can overtake the Wii. PS3 has already lost steam and has sagging sales even with the price drop. So I can't see how they can improve.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

jimmypsn

I doubt it, your just a troll. Where is your real account, I mean this has got to be an alt.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Because the majority of the games that the average person wants to play are multi-plat. Something that cows seem to not understand.

Most people don't care for exclusives this late in the gen. The system seller for the 360 was Halo 3, and the system seller for the PS3 was hype for GT5. Both games sold like crack, and are over and done with.

Exclusives don't matter at this point, especially when you have people buying the same console that the majority of their friends have.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I doubt it, your just a troll. Where is your real account, I mean this has got to be an alt.

You're just upset Sony is not winning any races here in this land known as system wars. You're cheering for the losing team right now, so its understandable that fans of the losing team is upset like how the patriot fans are sad and mad they lost to the giants.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 el3m2tigre

Given enough time. MS can overtake the Wii. PS3 has already lost steam and has sagging sales even with the price drop. So I can't see how they can improve.

jimmypsn

I'll believe that when the sales gap between 360 and PS3 is as big as 360 and Wii.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

You're just upset Sony is not winning any races here in this land known as system wars. You're cheering for the losing team right now, so its understandable that fans of the losing team is upset like how the patriot fans are sad and mad they lost to the giants.

I don't thinkhe cares that Sony came in last place.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

I'm upset because my PS3 is not winning? This is news to me. My PS3 provides tons of fun and entertainment, I would argue that it wins for me. I don't care about SW crap.

And it should be Patriots vs The Redskins, and when the Redskins lose the Patriots get to take their stadium.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

my friend 360 is not first its second. nintendo is first whether u like it or not

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

It takes a special kind of moron to get ripped off, and brag about it. "look gaize, MS stopped making games for me so they could sell casual shovelware to soccer moms and now they're rich!!! I WIN CAUSE MS IS RICH!"

Get a clue dude.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I'm upset because my PS3 is not winning? This is news to me. My PS3 provides tons of fun and entertainment, I would argue that it wins for me. I don't care about SW crap.

And it should be Patriots vs The Redskins, and when the Redskins lose the Patriots get to take their stadium.

You do alot of spinning and damage control for the ps3 from your posts friend.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jimmypsn

It takes a special kind of moron to get ripped off, and brag about it. "look gaize, MS stopped making games for me so they could sell casual shovelware to soccer moms and now they're rich!!! I WIN CAUSE MS IS RICH!"

Get a clue dude.

Eddie-Vedder

When MS becomes rich, I become rich. I own MS stock.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Get a clue dude.

jimmypsn

Sure you do.
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Get a clue dude.

jimmypsn

Now if only there were some games to buy with that money.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jimmypsn

I would be the same way cows. If the 360 was losing to the PS3, then I would be spinning and damage controlling for the Xbox but I'm glad its not happening. 360 is beating the PS3. This is absolutely fantastic.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

You do alot of spinning and damage control for the ps3 from your posts friend.

I don't do anything, friend. Just like to talk about games really, sometimes I do the fanboy for fun. Stop trolling.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Demonjoe93

I would be the same way cows. If the 360 was losing to the PS3, then I would be spinning and damage controlling for the Xbox but I'm glad its not happening. 360 is beating the PS3. This is absolutely fantastic.

jimmypsn

Yeah for 2nd place. :lol:

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Get a clue dude.

Demonjoe93

Now if only there were some games to buy with that money.

I bought a ton of games for the 360 friend. Awesome games like Forza 4 and Gears of war 3 and the best console version of Skyrim.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

jimmypsn
this kid is clearly captain cool
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Not sure if the 360 is beating the PS3 post holiday as we don't have all the numbers. Unless you mean in NA only ? But then you'd have to ask why the PS3 is number one in Japan.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jimmypsn

This is system wars. I'm obviously cheering for the rise of MS. I want MS to curbstomp PS like how Marcus Fenix curbstomps the locusts. And its happening before my eyes. It's wonderful to see.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

:cool:

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Demonjoe93

This is system wars. I'm obviously cheering for the rise of MS. I want MS to curbstomp PS like how Marcus Fenix curbstomps the locusts. And its happening before my eyes. It's wonderful to see.

jimmypsn

It's kinda sad actually to watch you get this excited over 2nd place.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jimmypsn

:cool:

ispeakfact

Turn your frown upside down friend. Even greater days are ahead for the 360.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Because of the awesome power of the Kinect, along with all of its AAAAE games.

[spoiler] No seriously, Kinect is amazing. I'm seriously being serious. [/spoiler]

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jimmypsn

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

Demonjoe93

Xbox was the number 1 selling console in 2011 friend. Their star is shining. Shining so bright.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

jimmypsn

Xbox was the number 1 selling console in 2011 friend. Their star is shining. Shining so bright.

In 2nd place.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

It's really simple. The ramblings of the lunatics in SW are the minority group. 360 is a very popular machine that offers tons of games for a low price.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

When you get paid dividends from Microsoft stock, you gonna use it to play PS3 exclusives

lol

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 el3m2tigre

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jimmypsn

When you get paid dividends from Microsoft stock, you gonna use it to play PS3 exclusives

lol

LazySloth718

PS3 games are disgustingly bad and mediocre. Don't even talk about those mediocre games. It not nice to talk about filth in front the shining Xbox 360.