VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain: Litchie said "it has NO gameplay in its first 2 hours", but in fact it does. Sorry but that's a lie and I'll call him out every single time he post it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#102 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24925 Posts

@vfighter said:

@davillain: Litchie said "it has NO gameplay in its first 2 hours", but in fact it does. Sorry but that's a lie and I'll call him out every single time he post it.

It doesnot. game start you cut tree and do a walking segment with kid then on boat and walk again, then encounter enemy after while which just press few buttons then again walk and walk slowly to the point it get really tedious and boring.

I remember how Half life 2 started, you got crowbar first, exploring the enviroment, finding your ways, then get pistol first then shotgun and etc. this is how you introduce a game. first impression is last impression.

this is exactly how Prey started.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts
@vfighter said:

Which is very silly, since there's very, VERY little gameplay in its first 2 hours. You gotta chill with the butthurt dude.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 VFighter

@Litchie: Which is still a lie 🤥, you encounter your first "boss" fight, but I guess that's no gameplay either. 😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts
@vfighter said:

@Litchie: Which is still a lie 🤥,

I think you're the only one in this thread who thinks the fact there is very little gameplay in the first 2 hours is a lie. But if you're used to movie games, it might be a lot of gameplay for your standards, I don't know.

@vfighter said:

@Litchie: you encounter your first "boss" fight, but I guess that's no gameplay either. 😂

The QTE fight? LOL

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@vfighter said:

As someone who loves God of War (and more more on the PC now) Litchie isn't lying about that 2 hour part if you actually listen what he's saying. The goody good part doesn't start until Atreus get's into his inner warrior state is when there's gameplay. The beginning is kinda of a tutorial trail despite Baldur's encounter is hardly the meat of the gameplay. There really isn't gameplay during 2 hours is what Litchie is telling you and he speaks the truth. Look I love God of War, the 2 hours didn't bother me but Litchie isn't wrong nor lying.

Both of you need to just move on from this. We all got our opinions but you tend to get really upset these days.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 VFighter

@davillain: Then he should just say that. Saying it has NO gameplay is an outright lie.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

It's just a brilliant play through from start to finish graphically it's amazing and the gameplay is very smooth. I don't see much wrong with the game. The fact it released in 2018 and looked that good on 2012 hardware is a credit to Santa Monica.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@vfighter said:

@davillain: Then he should just say that. Saying it has NO gameplay is an outright lie.

You are just being pedantic

Tiklandian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Tiklandian
Member since 2020 • 126 Posts
@tiklandian said:
@onesiphorus said:
@vfighter said:

@tiklandian: Then you didn't actually play it.

Because of the nature of the Internet which allows users to conceal their true feelings and opinions?

1 year avatar bet that I am currently playing God of War (the best version) ?

Why are you avoiding this, I know you see it V-Fighter.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@TheEroica said:

God of War is probably the best game in the past 10 years... Its a shining beacon of how to handle change in a popular franchise. They elevated the game franchise in every conceivable way.

Learning the combat system and seeing your own skills progress throughout the game is highly satisfying.... And those Valkyrie fights.... Oh man.

Story is great, cinematic are fluid and don't take you away from the world. It's all just wonderfully sublime.

No they really didn't.

The camera is worse, the combat encounters are worse, enemy variety is worse, the bosses all suck, the pacing is worse, the puzzles are completely braindead, RPG element's feel tacked on and poorly implemented (why does kratos need to find and upgrade armour when he beat almost the entire greek pantheon half naked?)

The only things it did better were graphics and the motion capture in cutscenes, it's worse than the older games in almost every way.