Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24891 Posts

Hello friends

So I finally tried God of war after seeing many positive feedback including steam overwelmingly one. and I have to say game just flaout suck. the game is way too super slow, im not a fan of older games but i can appreciate that they were proper Hack n slash games. this however is just boring walking simulator with combat that is damage sponges plus unskipabble cutscenes that are painfully boring. the starting of game is complete walking in straight line. Its just a movie game like any other sony third person games in market.

original GOW was flagship sony title that was not movie game and guess what its now a movie game.

further more story is boring. kratos and his kid are as interesting as watching paint dry.

overall this is by far one of the most overrated game ever made. so my friend, how come this game rated so high?

lets discuss

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#2 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

There is nothing to discuss. Like a child, you always get a hissy fit about games you don't like and claim them to be the most overrated game while spamming the forum with the games that you like. Grow up and stop being such a simpleton.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

It's rated so high because people have good tastes in games, unlike you 😎

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13659 Posts

"further more story is boring. kratos and his kid are as interesting as watching paint dry."

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic said:

So good that they rather want to watch unskipabble cutscene, watching in straight line slowly.

and whne games come to combat. its bad. its really bad.

its kinda strange FF7 has better hack n slash combat than GOW which was flagship hack n slash title.

bravo sony, turning only classic hack n slash into some third person movie game.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

So good that they rather want to watch unskipabble cutscene, watching in straight line slowly.

its kinda strange FF7 has better hack n slash combat than GOW which was flagship hack n slash title.

bravo sony, turning only classic hack n slash into some third person movie game.

Sorry bud, but, God of War was GOTY of 2018 and even beat Red Dead Redemption 2. And now it has overwhelmingly positive response on Steam. So it's you, man. Maybe it's time you retire from gaming.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

lol, snipes gone full weeb he even got lobotomy as well

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44014 Posts

Phony's money hatting talks, cow stuff walks. lol :P

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HalcyonScarlet

@Pedro said:

There is nothing to discuss. Like a child, you always get a hissy fit about games you don't like and claim them to be the most overrated game while spamming the forum with the games that you like. Grow up and stop being such a simpleton.

Least he said it. I gave up somewhere near the beginning of the game.

The beginning is like many movie games I've tried. The Last of Us, Jedi Fallen Order, Senua's Sacrifice, Quantum Break, Medium... Just walking around for ages.

My problem is, I need a game to get started within 30 minutes or I'm going to get bored. I didn't get into LoZ: TP because that beginning bit was long too.

I don't know if God of War gets good, I stopped playing soon after this boss battle at the beginning with that guy that won't stay down. I mean to get back into it at some point though.

I'm in the minority though, which is a good thing that others have more patience. I'd wrongly assume it wasn't a good design decision with an over abundance of games these days, that there would be more of an interest in getting a player hooked.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@SolidGame_basic: RDR2 waw also overrated snoozefest but atleast its got better setting.

GOTY awards means crap when its all paid.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@ghosts4ever: there is nothing to discuss game is great, the only thing that suck’s is the map in the game

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#12 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

I prefer the older God of War games and didn't like the direction that the new game took, but it is a good game... just not what I wanted from a new God of War game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

Honestly, stop being such a simpleton as @Pedro pointed out. But since we're here, guess I better explain it to ya.

"NVIDIA® DLSS and Reflex SupportQuality meets performance. Harness the AI power of NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) to boost frame rates and generate beautiful, sharp images on select Nvidia GPUs. Utilize NVIDIA Reflex low latency technology allowing you to react quicker and hit harder combos with the responsive gameplay you crave on GeForce GPUs"

Any PC players who also owns PS4 have played God of War but the issue I had is lack of low latency and as such, it was shit and I kept dying despite good dodging and the hitbox wasn't the best response but on PC, using Nvidia Reflex is a Godsend and I have already put so much hours into the PC version and killing Valkyries are so much easier using Nvidia Reflex low latency. Digital Foundry showed how much better the PC version in side by side comparisons so its why God of War on Steam got this many praises and I review that game on Steam.

Another thing is, God of War is set in Norse Mythology. If you are that type of person who loves Greek/Norse Mythology, than God of War is for you as I'm a fan of Greek/Norse mythos myself hence why God of War is another reason why many PC gamers like the game.

And sadly, the older God of War games combat gameplay didn't really age well and I cannot stand Kratos getting angry all the time, he was one dimension character and the new Kratos is more Human than ever before making me appreciate how far Santa Monica has come. Totally looking forward to Ragnarok and hopefully it comes to PC sooner after PS5 releases.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The beginning is like many movie games I've tried. The Last of Us, Jedi Fallen Order, Senua's Sacrifice, Quantum Break, Medium... Just walking around for ages.

My problem is, I need a game to get started within 30 minutes or I'm going to get bored. I didn't get into LoZ: TP because that beginning bit was long too.

I don't know if God of War gets good, I stopped playing soon after this boss battle at the beginning with that guy that won't stay down. I mean to get back into it at some point though.

I'm in the minority though, which is a good thing that others have more patience. I'd wrongly assume it wasn't a good design decision with an over abundance of games these days, that there would be more of an interest in getting a player hooked.

Hmm, I think you prefer more of a Nintendo games type of gamer who prefers more stuff doing than just walking around but to be frank, those kind of games you walk around are kinda all the same in a way. Granted, anytime you are playing just walking around, I would at least play it for a little longer until you get right in the middle of a game to judge if it's worth continuing or call it quite. 30 minutes isn't gonna cut it to judge the game, give it at least until you hit the middle and than judge is my advice.

I can tell you now I enjoy those kind of games assuming it gets me in the Honeymoon to keep going until its gone. TLOU2 for example wasn't my fav compare to the first game and I enjoy Ghost of Tsushima way more than TLOU2 cause at least Ghost of Tsushima has more stuff to do if that makes sense.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22615 Posts

God of War is probably the best game in the past 10 years... Its a shining beacon of how to handle change in a popular franchise. They elevated the game franchise in every conceivable way.

Learning the combat system and seeing your own skills progress throughout the game is highly satisfying.... And those Valkyrie fights.... Oh man.

Story is great, cinematic are fluid and don't take you away from the world. It's all just wonderfully sublime.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44014 Posts

Get ready for all PS games coming to PC. PS has no games. :P

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-best-selling-games-on-steam-last-week-god-of-war-sets-a-new-record/1100-6499882/

God of War becomes PlayStation's first-ever PC release to hold the No. 1 spot two weeks in a row on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

This game not badass

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@davillain said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Hmm, I think you prefer more of a Nintendo games type of gamer who prefers more stuff doing than just walking around but to be frank, those kind of games you walk around are kinda all the same in a way. Granted, anytime you are playing just walking around, I would at least play it for a little longer until you get right in the middle of a game to judge if it's worth continuing or call it quite. 30 minutes isn't gonna cut it to judge the game, give it at least until you hit the middle and than judge is my advice.

I can tell you now I enjoy those kind of games assuming it gets me in the Honeymoon to keep going until its gone. TLOU2 for example wasn't my fav compare to the first game and I enjoy Ghost of Tsushima way more than TLOU2 cause at least Ghost of Tsushima has more stuff to do if that makes sense.

Loading Video...

This guy sum up the game basically.

If you are God of war fan. its disgrace to franchise. they turn fast paced hack n slash into slower paced third person action game with walking segments.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: The first boss fight is way too early nothing really happens at that point in the game. It does get a lot better patience is the key, however I do see how the slow pace can put people off.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10411 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends

So I finally tried God of war after seeing many positive feedback including steam overwelmingly one. and I have to say game just flaout suck. the game is way too super slow, im not a fan of older games but i can appreciate that they were proper Hack n slash games. this however is just boring walking simulator with combat that is damage sponges plus unskipabble cutscenes that are painfully boring. the starting of game is complete walking in straight line. Its just a movie game like any other sony third person games in market.

original GOW was flagship sony title that was not movie game and guess what its now a movie game.

further more story is boring. kratos and his kid are as interesting as watching paint dry.

overall this is by far one of the most overrated game ever made. so my friend, how come this game rated so high?

lets discuss

ghost you'd already made your mind up before you went into it that you were going to hate it. because it's from sony, and it's mainstream and it's popular. it's not one of my favourites tbh but of course it is not "by far one of the most overrated game ever made" lol. there's only so many times you can say this about games without it losing all meaning.

i bet you played about an hour max and then had to stop because you couldnt wait to get on here and make a thread telling everyone about how much you hate it. if it was a pc exclusive, everyone had russian accents, it didn't sell well and was made by a less well known publisher you'd be furiously pulling your little pecker to it

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2503 Posts

God of War 2018 has arguably more engaging combat and overall gameplay than any of the previous GoW titles

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts
@mysticaldonut said:

God of War 2018 has arguably more engaging combat and overall gameplay than any of the previous GoW titles

this is true, 2018 actually aims to be something other than diet dmc/bayonetta like the old games.

Yes it feels slower than the old button smashers, but in return 2018 also offers a more methodical playstyle, greater player agency, excellent weight to the combat etc

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2503 Posts
@howmakewood said:
@mysticaldonut said:

this is true, 2018 actually aims to be something other than diet dmc/bayonetta like the old games

And I don't know what fanboys want to compare it to, arguably the haters are gonna be mostly Xbox fanboys where their biggest games are cinematic and full of cutscenes/walking sections as well like Halo and Gears of War. The latest Forza game is super cinematic, especially the beginning. Psychonauts 2 takes away control from the player so frequently for a platformer that it turned me off from the game. New Super Lucky's Tale does this surprisingly a lot of the time, too.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

Because many people like bad games as simple as that.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: What's to discuss? The game is fantastic and you're a simpleton who didn't even play the game like usual.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Look, regardless if the TC is a clown shoe or not,not everyone likes a game...FACT

If someone thinks god of war is bang average then it's pointless losing your shit or bringing metacritic or GoTY into it...it's hard to accept facts when you are a fanboy but dry your eyes.

Personally I think it's a good game,nothing I'd rip my skeleton out over..but good

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

Because the game is awesome and you have poor taste.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I bet you never even played the original games, so how would you know that they were so much better? You are just looking for validation for you beliefs, that's why you found some rando on YouTube with the same opinion, and claim that he's somehow an authority on God of War games.

Like you said yourself, you love to shit on games without even trying them, that's why FF7 is suddenly you favorite thing after years on shitting on the franchise.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#29 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19490 Posts

Ghost is right.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

Maybe it's good, maybe it's not, not everything is for everyone. But could be curious to see in future if the blanket praise Sony usually expects could be challenged when their games don't just get their praise from those invested in their ecosystem now that games are set to arrive on PC there could be a wider variety of opinions.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58257 Posts

God of War is overrated imo but it is far from a bad game. I'd even call it a good game.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Agree with OP. I hope a collection of the classic games makes it to PS5. Played GOW 3 on PS4 and it was amazing.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8147 Posts

@ghosts4ever: agreed it's probably the most overated game of last gen by far imo.

The enemy designs hardly vary, the combat is your block, dodge roll, counter AC, dark souls light type.

The boss fights aren't interesting you fight the same trolls over and over.

There is no jump button or any platforming like the older titles.

GOW 3 is a better game than this one.

This one all the money went into the movie part of the game and narrative. Which I didn't find all that great either tbh.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@rmpumper said:

@ghosts4ever: I bet you never even played the original games, so how would you know that they were so much better? You are just looking for validation for you beliefs, that's why you found some rando on YouTube with the same opinion, and claim that he's somehow an authority on God of War games.

Like you said yourself, you love to shit on games without even trying them, that's why FF7 is suddenly you favorite thing after years on shitting on the franchise.

my friend, i respect you most because of Deus Ex avatar.

@pc_rocks said:

PC gamers are no less than consoler gamers when it comes to praising bad/casual games.

case in point. its overwelmingly positive on steam.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ghosts4ever

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends

lets discuss

ghost you'd already made your mind up before you went into it that you were going to hate it. because it's from sony, and it's mainstream and it's popular. it's not one of my favourites tbh but of course it is not "by far one of the most overrated game ever made" lol. there's only so many times you can say this about games without it losing all meaning.

i bet you played about an hour max and then had to stop because you couldnt wait to get on here and make a thread telling everyone about how much you hate it. if it was a pc exclusive, everyone had russian accents, it didn't sell well and was made by a less well known publisher you'd be furiously pulling your little pecker to it

then my friend, how come I ended up liking FF7?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

@pc_rocks said:

PC gamers are no less than consoler gamers when it comes to praising bad/casual games.

case in point. its overwelmingly positive on steam.

PC is a vast and diverse market compared to consoles. Any type of game can be easily successful on it because of its diversity yet in general only games with good gameplay stands the test of time and keep charting. HZD also charted on PC yet it's forgotten now.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34547 Posts

I played the beginning and wasted 2 hours on absolutely nothing but walking segments, cutscenes and a QTE fight. I guess the game picks up after you slog through the bullshit, but do I want to slog through all the bullshit? No, I do not. If there's truly a good game in there, that's a shame.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10411 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

if i was a betting man i'd say she had something to do with it

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

if i was a betting man i'd say she had something to do with it

LOL kind of.

but in the end gameplay and combat turn out great. story is pretty good too and its fun game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HalcyonScarlet

@davillain said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

This is going to be a weird thing to say and I'm digressing on tghe game a bit. But for me, Crysis 2 is a good way to make a movie game.

I liked the story and I felt the nano suit and the way it was used to assimilate alien DNA, was a great way to bridge the story, character and the gameplay. Often the story and gameplay in games can feel more detached for me.

Usually I skip the story and cutscenes in games. But there's something I like about the way it was handled in Crysis 2.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Damn, Ghost pirated GoW already.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3540 Posts

GoW is one of the greatest games of all time. It's not even worth discussing, it's just objective fact. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their mind and needs to get their head checked.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: lmao beat RDR2. At what? Those bullshit awards? They’re paper weights dude. They mean Jack and shit, and Jacks dead.

GoW is a great game, period TC. You don’t like it and that’s cool. Not everything is for everyone.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2392 Posts

It has an average story that takes itself too seriously, with a protagonist that never convinces you as the same man from the original trilogy. The personality they made for him is bland. The original character wasn't great either, but at least they kept any introspection to a minimum and focused first and foremost on the gameplay. The Greek myths it was inspired by didn't have characters talking and talking idly for hours on end, making quips, which makes the reboot such an odd fit. I'd puke if Clash of the Titans had that everyday Marvel dialogue. It's embarrassing how seriously the game takes itself while feeling so amateur as a story. In the original trilogy, it was more like the story was just there to move you along through the epic, so it was easier to forgive its shortcomings. The narrator and cutscenes moved the story along nicely. The new game being presented in a single camera shot just puts you through more nothing in the story. Cutscenes could have expedited some of the more boring parts.

About 80 percent of the game is without music, replaced by the talking and the ambient sounds, a stark contrast to the bombastic, atmospheric scores of the original trilogy. No music would work if it was a game that oozed atmosphere and had complex levels, like the Souls series, but here, because the level design and art direction aren't that good, the lack of music just makes it all more boring after a while. As does the lack of comical violence and nudity.

Placated Kratos can't even jump. Some fighter. I could defeat him by simply getting above him. Bitch won't even be able to see me half the time because the third person shooter camera gives him a terrible field of view. He can't turn his head separately. At least he can turn digitally instead of by slow analog now. That's something. The fixed cameras of the original trilogy worked much better. You could handle more enemies faster and traverse the levels more easily without constantly flicking at the camera. Didn't need those artificial danger indicators.

There aren't many exploration-focused 3D action-adventure games without jumping. Zelda didn't have it for the longest time, but it made up for that with better level design, and it still built platforms for the auto-jump. If the platforms were too far, Link would grab them. In God of War, the auto-jump is just there to get you to the next part of the room, and it doesn't even feel like a part of the gameplay. Makes the areas more one-dimensional than they used to be. Also gives you fewer ways to dodge, which means the enemies have fewer types of attacks. But yeah, if you can't jump, then your action-adventure better have really good level design to compensate, and God of War just doesn't. Some people call it Metroidvania, but how well are most areas designed? Being interconnected doesn't make one area good. Good level design would be much harder for God of War to do because it now has to accommodate the partner AI, walking and talking and cinematic moments.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2392 Posts

The director admitted to choosing the camera for cinematic reasons before gameplay function. Which is funny, because they used the same kind of language when discussing the camera in the original trilogy. Now they act like the new camera is cinematic and the old wasn't.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-making-of-god-of-war-iii

"The camera is not fixed. It is highly scripted to provide a highly cinematic play experience, yes, but in no meaning of the word is the camera fixed," director of technology Christer Ericson explained on the Beyond 3D forum.

"Within the setup cinematic parameters there is a lot of room for the camera to adjust to the action that happens on the screen (where the player is, where the enemies are, etc). Because of the amount of adjustments the camera system can make automatically, there are very few assumptions that can be made about what to render or not render...

"We could easily allow the user full control of the camera during gameplay. The reason we do not is because we feel it breaks the cinematic experience that we have carefully crafted, not because there is some geometry missing if you turn around..."

Ericson likens the implementation to the dolly used in film-making, with the camera on an arm, able to move in, out, pan, zoom and tilt.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16534 Posts

I also played about an hour into it after facing and beating this weak looking but strong as heck boss guy, and got a bunch of movie game vibes from it. I put it down like 2 or 3 weeks ago and haven't got back into it. Its the same thing that happened to me and horizon zero dawn.

I will play it after I beat horizon zero dawn. Though I will probably have to force myself to even beat it. Too bad it doesn't have nfts, I might be more motivated to play if it did. @hardwenzen would probably appreciate that too.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@warm_gun: It's been a while since I've seen such a long winded "review" that absolutely misses on ever conceivably point it tries to make.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8009 Posts

i completely disagree.. God of War is one of the best games i've played in recent memory.. it's a masterpiece on all fronts..

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#49 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58821 Posts

@Litchie said:

I played the beginning and wasted 2 hours on absolutely nothing but walking segments, cutscenes and a QTE fight. I guess the game picks up after you slog through the bullshit, but do I want to slog through all the bullshit? No, I do not. If there's truly a good game in there, that's a shame.

Ah, glad didn't pick it up.

Thank you for the additional info Ghost, well done.

Oof85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Oof85
Member since 2021 • 78 Posts

I just watched most of this video and I definitely agree with the creator.

I played the original Gow back in college(my roommate had a copy, I had sotc and we traded) and while it wasn't the best thing ever for me(sotc was though, outside of Nintendo games) it's definitely more preferable than what I just watched.

The removal of 1:1 actions is one of my biggest dislike and aversion to cinematic games.

That and their habit of giving you glossy graphical settings but guess what, you can't interact with it.

That part where he tried to get past the fallen tree to the small pond, and the game just acted as if that was a wall......

I sincerely hate what has become the "pinnacle" of gaming. Seriously.

I remember when Deus Ex was supposed to be the future of game design....

And you cinematic tards wouldn't know what to do with that kind of developer trust.

Just ughhhh.