VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@oof85: So you haven't even played the new one and you're just regurgitating what a nobody YouTuber said...

Just uggghhh.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2415 Posts

People kept using that "You have to play it" defense when I criticized the God of War reboot from footage. Then I played it and everything I complained about was true, only there was even more I disliked about it. You totally can critique visually rather than interactively, if you have a brain.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3057 Posts

It's definitely not a bad game, but I do think it's overwhelming praise is mostly due to it's high production. It looks pretty, but the combat needs tuning, the loot mechanic is superfluous, the puzzles are weak, the enemy designs are regurgitative, the unlock menu (and the developers have said as much) is uninspired and generic, the boy is insufferably annoying, etc. It's definitely a competent game, and does have some neat setpieces, but I think far too many people are simply wowed by the visuals.

What I'm more curious about is how many of you that love this game, also played the earlier entries. I've only played this and 3, and would still probably rank 3 higher; at least on overall fun. But I wonder if I just haven't had my fill of the old style, and maybe some of you had already played 1, 2, 3, Ascension, PSP titles, and we're wanting something different. Because just like RDR2, this game has a plenty of rough spots that are curiously being overlooked.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 VFighter

@dimebag667: I've played all the GoW games (minus the mobile game) several times on multiple platforms (ps2, ps3, ps4, psp) and have platinum trophies for all the games minus Ascension. It's tough for me to rank the games as there's elements in each game that I really enjoy. The new GoW, while I initially dismissed it because of it's radical change, would be near the top of the series. Yes it wasn't perfect, it needed more enemy variety and bosses (especially the bosses) but that's about the only area of the game that didn't live up to the previous games IMO. I loved the new combat and quickly grew to love his axe, and even after getting a surprise weapon mid game I would still go back to the axe as my go to weapon. I think the combat could be expanded on sure, but what we got rivaled 3's combat and in some ways surpassed it. It's a fantastic game on many different levels, from the new combat, the new setting, the visuals, the story and the voice acting, it's got it all. I also didn't find the boy annoying, well after he finds out what he really is he became very annoying for awhile and I wanted to punch him lol, but that's all part of the story and how they wanted you to feel towards him. I liked that he was more of a weapon, no babysitting him throughout the game. It left we wanting more and I can't wait for the sequel.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By my_user_name  Online
Member since 2019 • 1239 Posts

Cus muh feels

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends

So I finally tried God of war after seeing many positive feedback including steam overwelmingly one. and I have to say game just flaout suck. the game is way too super slow, im not a fan of older games but i can appreciate that they were proper Hack n slash games. this however is just boring walking simulator with combat that is damage sponges plus unskipabble cutscenes that are painfully boring. the starting of game is complete walking in straight line. Its just a movie game like any other sony third person games in market.

original GOW was flagship sony title that was not movie game and guess what its now a movie game.

further more story is boring. kratos and his kid are as interesting as watching paint dry.

overall this is by far one of the most overrated game ever made. so my friend, how come this game rated so high?

lets discuss

You've never played it, sniper4321. In fact, you don't game, you just troll a gaming forum. Pathetic, really.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Pedro said:

There is nothing to discuss. Like a child, you always get a hissy fit about games you don't like and claim them to be the most overrated game while spamming the forum with the games that you like. Grow up and stop being such a simpleton.

Least he said it. I gave up somewhere near the beginning of the game.

The beginning is like many movie games I've tried. The Last of Us, Jedi Fallen Order, Senua's Sacrifice, Quantum Break, Medium... Just walking around for ages.

My problem is, I need a game to get started within 30 minutes or I'm going to get bored. I didn't get into LoZ: TP because that beginning bit was long too.

I don't know if God of War gets good, I stopped playing soon after this boss battle at the beginning with that guy that won't stay down. I mean to get back into it at some point though.

I'm in the minority though, which is a good thing that others have more patience. I'd wrongly assume it wasn't a good design decision with an over abundance of games these days, that there would be more of an interest in getting a player hooked.

It does. I can see how the beginning would turn people off. It gets really fun, especially after you get to the lake hub.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@ghosts4ever: we need to establish what a movie game is. Beyond 2 Souls, Heavy Rain, and Telltale games are movie games. You guys are just calling games that try to get you to care about its characters a movie game. Very disingenuous.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2415 Posts
@Sagemode87 said:

@ghosts4ever: we need to establish what a movie game is. Beyond 2 Souls, Heavy Rain, and Telltale games are movie games. You guys are just calling games that try to get you to care about its characters a movie game. Very disingenuous.

No, we don't. It's obvious to anyone who isn't in love with those types of games. I do like some of the movie games. But let's be real. The majority of interviews with the developers of those types of games go over the cinematic qualities of them. Including those with the developers of God of War.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dimebag667

@vfighter: Yeah, it's got a lot going for it, but for one reason or another, it just didn't land with me. I even made sure to get the platinum, so I knew there was nothing I missed. At the end of the game, I had that cool feeling like I had been to a different world...but I just couldn't remember any moments of that journey where I actually had fun. Like I said before, the setpieces like the world serpent and the smoke face in the mountain look cool, but they're not something cool that I did. I prefer the gameplay to be what I talk about, and not just a cutscene. And for that, and all the other reasons, I have no interest in playing a sequel. But if you liked all of that, you're probably in for more. So at least one of us gets to have a good time 😊

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The story is too deep and complex for ya. Stick to something simple.

The game is amazing, and not only because of the story or characters. This game offers a really sweet metroidvania style map with a ton of quality side content.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Because it's a great game, unlike Metro Exodus.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

Did you play the game? All of that stuff sounds like indicators that you didn't or didn't play it much. GoW isn't just a typical hack and slash. There are branching paths and puzzles and the combat is always evolving via the upgrades. It's the polar opposite of the original trilogy, which was great, but not anywhere nearly as nuanced. Having a story doesn't undercut that the game is challenging

Oof85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Oof85
Member since 2021 • 78 Posts

@vfighter:

He literally did a Let's Play.

Went through the opening, which doesn't really differ from most cinematic games where developers arbitrarily take or give input controls to players.

I hold no great love for the original Gow games but at least the player inputs were consistent, outside of the infamous qtes.

I get it, the trends of the day are the trends but damn if that stuff isn't the exact opposite of what I want to see.

Swing at a tree, topple or at least scar the tree.

Jump button, jump up.

Water there? Have the character wade or swim.

The cinematic can do can't do dynamic based on developer whims is poor game design, to my tastes.

There's a reason why Botw is kicking the door down on 30 million sold, at full price(Gow might be at 20, but there's a giant asterisk next to that bragging point).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 VFighter

@dimebag667: The gameplay was one of my favorite things about the game, without it I wouldn't be here praising the game. It's the reason I got the platinum in the first place because I didn't want to put the game down, and because I wanted to kill every last Valkyrie. Really fun fights....except that last bitch.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 VFighter

@warm_gun: It's obvious most people who use "movie game" are just trolling, you're a perfect example of this.

Oof85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Oof85

@Sagemode87:

What?

Imagine seeing a game like Sotc in 2005 where I can begin to care about the Wanderer just by nature of seeing him ceaselessly darken as he continues to kill the Colossi in his hopes of saving the girl.

While also being able to be saddened by the deaths of the innocent creatures I'm killing, especially when I retrace my steps and see their carcasses left where I slew them.

Meanwhile, 10+ years later I have to do a silly pregame funeral and and get constant ingame chatter to tell me what I need to think about what's happening?

Crazy how some developers just "get it" and others are resorting to emotional manipulation by telling me be sad here or be happy here. Laugh here.

I don't care how many goty awards it gets, the game design is trash and the developer vision is subpar.

As is the storytelling.

If any game needed to inform Sony's first party vision, it needed to be Sotc, not Uncharted/Tlou.

We'd be way better off because of it now.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dimebag667

@vfighter: The queen was disgusting! The character designs were awesome though. Died about 15 times before I decided that I need the "more stats" armor.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 VFighter

@oof85: Oh you're one of those people...things have to be done exactly as I think or it's trash.

Oof85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Oof85

@vfighter:

Nope. I've played and enjoyed all kinds of games but I won't call a roller coaster experience as a best in class game.

That kind of laudation I reserve for games that have more density, sorry not sorry.

Thief/Deus Ex/System Shock/Prey/outer wilds/Hell even Botw fits more in here.

There's gotta be more ambition to the design than what I'm seeing from most cinematic goty applicants.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

The game is oozing with the passion and heart. Every 10 minutes or so while playing I catch myself mumbling to myself, 'This is art.'

Ghosts, before you post your opinion pieces, post a screenshot of your most recently played Steam games along with the time played. I don't believe you even play half the games that you hate.

Tiklandian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Tiklandian
Member since 2020 • 126 Posts

Many video game reviewers want to be seen as "serious", so give movie games higher reviews than they deserve.

I played this game on PC, it had almost no gameplay.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

I agree. I loved the old GOWs and liked Gow 2018 when i first played thru it but now in retrospect and upon replaying it, its trash. The FOV is insanely bad, Kratos cant jump which completely removes platforming and aerial attacks, the whole "old man and child go on journey" story is overdone and shallow. It focuses so much on the relationship between kratos and boy that nothing else happens in the game really at all plot wise. I hate that every game is trying to be like last of us. Kratos throws baldur into the jotenheim gate, destroying their only lead which was uncharacteristically stupid as hell. People say kratos has more character depth now but i disagree. Just because he went from pissed off to calm doesnt mean more depth, it just means he changed emotions. He had a right to be pissed off before and he was less boring then.

Everything in the game is a fetch quest. Go foward, oh wait theres an obstacle, go somewhere else for needed item, continue, repeat. Just piss poor writing. Also you only go to 4 realms. What the hell? I prefered playing the older GOWs when i didnt have to watch someone elses kid. You fight same mountain troll 9 times, no memorable bosses, same throw axe 3 times to open chest crap, throwaway side missions, tacked on RPG mechanics, combat is slow and repetitive as hell with bullet sponge enemies. The old GOWs were fast and fluid, now its clunky and sluggish. Very little enemy variety. I cant even bring myself to replay it because there is nothing to look forward to in the game. I remember countless of awesome moments from old GOWs but i cant remember one amazing part of new Gow

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8223 Posts

@Fairmonkey: same 💯

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 VFighter

@tiklandian: Then you didn't actually play it. Why do so many flat out lie about this shit?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7205 Posts

Its just a boring movie game with no gameplay. Your better of playing on Youtube.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5252 Posts

@vfighter said:

@tiklandian: Then you didn't actually play it. Why do so many flat out lie about this s***?

Because of the nature of the Internet which allows users to conceal their true feelings and opinions?

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

I think its a good game but way overrated. A lot of people say its like the best game ever or at least best sony game ever. Better exclusive game than Ghost of tushima, spiderman, ratchet and clank rift apart/going commando/crack in time, Horizon zero dawn heck no not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Because people like it?

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Good game? Yes but massively overrated by both gamers and the gaming media.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

@vfighter said:

@tiklandian: Then you didn't actually play it. Why do so many flat out lie about this shit?

Maybe he just played it for around 2 hours? You know, the part without any gameplay.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 VFighter

@Litchie: Still peddling that lie 😂 Guess things never change.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

@zeldabotw2: yes GoW is indeed better than any of those games you listed

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Litchie

@vfighter said:

Lie? Fucking played it myself. Saying GoW doesn't start out cinematic for a long time is a lie.

Oh you mean I was wrong a few minutes of those two hours? Who the **** cares? Call it a lie because of that is just silly. I know you get butthurt easily when it comes to GoW, but the beginning of it is still slow as ****.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 VFighter

@Litchie: Thats it, you've been caught for the 10th time in this lie, go ahead let it all out. 😆

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Litchie

@vfighter: I like how you never explain how it's a lie. But yeah, say it until it becomes true. Good plan.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Emotional cows making tits of themselves,not everyone likes god of war.. funny reading though 🤣

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Litchie

GoW is a very delicate subject for our poor fanboys. xD

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By VFighter

@Litchie: Hmmm, are you really this dumb...you said no gameplay for the first 2 hours (not even remotely the first time you've produced this lie) and got called out for that lie yet again. 🤣 Go ahead, move some goalpost, backpedal go on another rant, in the end it's still just a complete lie. 🤭

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Litchie
@vfighter said:

@Litchie: Hmmm, are you really this dumb...you said no gameplay for the first 2 hours (not even remotely the first time you've produced this lie) and got called out for that lie yet again. 🤣 Go ahead, move some goalpost, backpedaled, go on another rant, in the end it's still just a complete lie. 🤭

And still no explanation of how it's a lie. Oh yeah, you have to hit a troll about 5 times with your axe during that time. And if you don't jank the stick forward, you simply don't walk on those walking segments. I'm a such a stinking liar. Lots of gameplay there. XD

Grow up dude.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8472 Posts

@vfighter said:

Says the guy who hypes games he didn't play or have even access to? Chances are you're the one who hasn't played it because you just got a PS4 with possibly with a copy of KZ:SF and are mad because you're stuck with 720p/sub30FPS in 2022.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By VFighter

@Litchie: You just answered your own question and yet still trying to keep your lie going. 🤭Once a liar always a liar I guess. 😂

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44071 Posts

Poo bovine brigade has about lost their minds these dayz...

I almost, almost mind you, feel sorry for the lil fellers. lol :P

ZELDABOTW2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ZELDABOTW2
Member since 2021 • 664 Posts

@howmakewood said:

@zeldabotw2: yes GoW is indeed better than any of those games you listed

Not even close but everyone can have there opinions and that is what this thread is about but GOW is crazy overrated to the point it almost makes me hate the game lol

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#97 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I played the original God of War, God of War 2, God of War 3, God of War Chain of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, and God of War Acension and loved those games. Having played a bit of God of War(2018) I wasn't really feeling it to be honest. I tried getting into the game and it feels totally different. I am a huge fan of the previous games and the first fight definitely was a wow moment though I don't know.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5252 Posts

Can the "children" on this thread stop derailing this thread and start acting like adults?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56115 Posts

@onesiphorus said:

Can the "children" on this thread stop derailing this thread and start acting like adults?

For once, I agree withy you.

@vfighter Calm it down. Look, if you cannot accept everyone's opinion not enjoying God of War (and I can tell they did played it) than don't bother accusing everyone is lying without proving they are indeed lying.

Tiklandian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Tiklandian
Member since 2020 • 126 Posts

@onesiphorus said:
@vfighter said:

@tiklandian: Then you didn't actually play it. Why do so many flat out lie about this s***?

Because of the nature of the Internet which allows users to conceal their true feelings and opinions?

1 year avatar bet that I am currently playing God of War (the best version) ?