How can anyone play shooters on a controller?

• 181 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Given a preference, I would take kb/m and the PC, but for consoles I can adapt easily and play with controllers.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I am getting BF3 next week on the PS3 (and the PC), but I will be mostly playing the PS3 version until my PC is fixed. I've never played an FPS game on a console, but I have tried FPS demos on consoles at Best Buy and Target.

Analog sticks are an imprecise and sloppy way of controlling crossairs in a game. Coming from a mouse and keyboard, how can anyone deal with this level of imprecision? Fortunately, everyone will be similarly handicapped in multiplayer, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

This is my biggest gripe about console gaming, and I would love it if mouse and keyboard become officially supported ways of controlling input in console games, but I doubt Sony or Microsoft would allow that.

But oh well. I will be playing BF3 on PS3 until Ivy Bridge launches next year so that I can replace this busted motherboard and sell the CPU/RAM. So I will just to deal with it...

The_Capitalist

what's funny is that i hate mouse/kb for the same reason.

the only way they could make the game easier to play would to be put it on a touchscreen and just have people fall over dead when you touch them.

plus moving a mouse around and clicking makes it feel like i'm using a spreadsheet not playing a game.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

For a kb/m player to play on a controller is quite easy actually. For the opposite, it takes alot of getting used to.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
It's called skill. Using keyboard and mouse is practically cheating. Might as well be using a wii mote.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

It's called skill. Using keyboard and mouse is practically cheating. Might as well be using a wii mote.Miketheman83

It's called getting used to a control scheme, practically cheating my ass, ever heard of competitive gaming?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#106 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts
It's called skill. Using keyboard and mouse is practically cheating. Might as well be using a wii mote.Miketheman83
yep Example: In killzone 3 playstation move players can still play with controller players, which is the equivalent of playing controller/mouse, and using the move controller is a huge advantage over the other players. The fact that us console players can get even remotely close to a headshot should be impressive and not taken for granted.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#107 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Move analogue, pull trigger.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

All console games have build in aim bots yet using the mouse is cheating? Only the PC allows you to aim yourself console games are automatic.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]It's called skill. Using keyboard and mouse is practically cheating. Might as well be using a wii mote.tenaka2

All console games have build in aim bots yet using the mouse is cheating? Only the PC allows you to aim yourself console games are automatic.

No, aim assist is to assist, M/KB is still easier to aim.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Lucianu

No, aim assist is to assist, M/KB is still easier to aim.SaltyMeatballs

Just like walking with your legs chained is harder than walking with your legs free.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#111 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

Look, I prefer controllers for puzzle games, racing games, or fighting games, where a controller offers enough precision.

But I would love to see greater mouse and keyboard support in FPS games on the console. Pity it's only Unreal Tournament 3 which offers this capability.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

this is an aim bot+ wall hack http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJQqJd9jKF8

cant say i consider aim assist an aim bot

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GTSaiyanjin2

How aim assist affect you... Basically what I got from that is that the aim assist, is more like a sticky aim, and the cross hair will stick to them for a second or 2. But if the target is moving its not going to lock on them, and you still need to aim before this aim assist ever happens. So this aim bot logic is completely fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJNCi159imM

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

Controllers will never be as accurate and fast as the mouse & keyboard, but as long as it's a level playing field (only controllers allowed on consoles) I don't see a problem. I also find using a controller to be more comfortable.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]It's called skill. Using keyboard and mouse is practically cheating. Might as well be using a wii mote.SaltyMeatballs

Give a PC gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play Modern Warfare or Halo on a console and he will destroy enemies.

Give a console gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play a PC shooter (with a KB/M) and I can assure you he will not do so well.

sickcrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 sickcrack
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="sickcrack"]Aim assist,huge hit boxes and whatnot.they might as well play the game for you.mouse is the king in fps.its not a preference thing,its a universal truthalmasdeathchild

how so?people play as good on the controler as people do on a mouse

Aim assist,huge hit boxes and whatnot
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#117 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

It's only "imprecise and sloppy" if you suck at using the controller. chaoz-king
No, he's comparing it to the mouse. Controllers are sloppy compared to a mouse.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Eggimannd

Give a PC gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play Modern Warfare or Halo on a console and he will destroy enemies.

Give a console gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play a PC shooter (with a KB/M) and I can assure you he will not do so well.

Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 cain006

Give a console gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play a PC shooter (with a KB/M) and I can assure you he will not do so well.Eggimannd

That's not true at all. Maybe if you took someone who plays Quake all the time or something, but it's not like people who play pc games are just inherently better.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
control-wise, it really is night and day. pc is so much superior in this aspect, there really isn't even a comparison.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 tenaka2

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] No, aim assist is to assist, M/KB is still easier to aim.SaltyMeatballs

Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).

They already did this, ages ago, the PC gamers destroyed the console guys.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 cain006

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).tenaka2

Yes but PS3 users will be able to use a keyboard and mouse.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).cain006

Why would they use mice? According to most of the posters in this thread, controllers are easier and better.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Why would they use mice? According to most of the posters in this thread, controllers are easier and better.

lol inorite? most are just used to using a controller, so they're afraid to use kb/m. mostly just cuz there's so many more buttons. even though its typically very similar controls from game to game...
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] No, aim assist is to assist, M/KB is still easier to aim.SaltyMeatballs

Already happened.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/713/article/microsoft-aborted-cross-platform-online-gaming-project/

Console gamers got destroyed and the project was cancelled.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Give a console gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play a PC shooter (with a KB/M) and I can assure you he will not do so well.cain006

That's not true at all. Maybe if you took someone who plays Quake all the time or something, but it's not like people who play pc games are just inherently better.

People who play PC fps are used to a huge skill gap due to a KB/M not having a skill ceiling.

People who play console shooters are not used to that making the transition to doing good on a pc shooter a lot harder.

Someone who is good at Modern Warfare/Halo on consoles won't necesarilly do good at counter-strike.

100% sure someone who is good at counter-strike will do fairly well at Modern Warfare/Halo.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
It's called turn the sensitivity up. I always play on about the max sensitivity possible for FPS games on consoles and I have no problem aiming very fast and accurately and turning quickly on people. It all depends on what you're used to. COD easily has the best, most smooth console FPS aiming though. There's not a whole lot of games that are nearly as good, so I guess it all depends on the game.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#128 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Huge hit boxes and auto aim/aim assist.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Eggimannd

It's called turn the sensitivity up. I always play on about the max sensitivity possible for FPS games on consoles and I have no problem aiming very fast and accurately and turning quickly on people. It all depends on what you're used to. COD easily has the best, most smooth console FPS aiming though. There's not a whole lot of games that are nearly as good, so I guess it all depends on the game.Messiahbolical-

I get 3 KD ratios (sometimes) on Black Ops and I still think the game is unprecise as hell in comparison to KB/M.

(eggimannd is my gamertag in case you're calling BS)

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 GTSaiyanjin2

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Eggimannd

Already happened.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/713/article/microsoft-aborted-cross-platform-online-gaming-project/

I think it maters what games they played.... I dont think the games they played were ever mentioned. K/m is better for FPS simply because of the precision aim, but it all comes down to how good the player is at such game. As I'm sure a good PC player will be able to adapt to a controler, and do well, and vice versa of course. Like I think a game like gears of war 3 could work well in a cross platform game between PC and console player.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

Give a console gamer that is good at FPS 1 month to play a PC shooter (with a KB/M) and I can assure you he will not do so well.Eggimannd

People who play PC fps are used to a huge skill gap due to a KB/M not having a skill ceiling.

People who play console shooters are not used to that making the transition to doing good on a pc shooter a lot harder.

Someone who is good at Modern Warfare/Halo on consoles won't necesarilly do good at counter-strike.

100% sure someone who is good at counter-strike will do fairly well at Modern Warfare/Halo.

lol @ PC gamers naturally being better than console gamers. :roll: As someone who's played my fair share on both, it's by far the biggest myth in gaming. There's no difference in skill, only the advantage of having the ability to have super sensitive/accurate gaming mouses and stuff like that so the most hardcore "nerds" of each game can go out and buy the best gaming equipment for their PC's and if they get really good with it they're automatically on a whole nother level than the people who are around the same skill level but have average equipment. Skill is always relative to what hardware you're using, and anyone who's good on the PC can be good on consoles if they get used to it and vice versa.
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#132 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Shooters on consoles are awesome! Some people can't play with a controller, some can't play with mouse and keyboard (including me).

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]That's not true at all. Maybe if you took someone who plays Quake all the time or something, but it's not like people who play pc games are just inherently better.

Messiahbolical-

lol @ PC gamers naturally being better than console gamers. :roll: As someone who's played my fair share on both, it's by far the biggest myth in gaming. There's no difference in skill, only the advantage of having the ability to have super sensitive/accurate gaming mouses and stuff like that so the most hardcore "nerds" of each game can go out and buy the best gaming equipment for their PC's and if they get really good with it they're automatically on a whole nother level than the people who are around the same skill level but have average equipment. Skill is always relative to what hardware you're using, and anyone who's good on the PC can be good on consoles if they get used to it and vice versa.

I never said PC gamers are naturally better. Nor did I say a console gamer can't get good at PC shooters overtime. Just that it is easier for a PC gamers to adapt to console shooters than it is for a console gamer of equal relative skill to adapt to a PC shooter.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]It's called turn the sensitivity up. I always play on about the max sensitivity possible for FPS games on consoles and I have no problem aiming very fast and accurately and turning quickly on people. It all depends on what you're used to. COD easily has the best, most smooth console FPS aiming though. There's not a whole lot of games that are nearly as good, so I guess it all depends on the game.Eggimannd

I get 3 KD ratios (sometimes) on Black Ops and I still think the game is unprecise as hell in comparison to KB/M.

That's fine, but as someone who's gotten as large as 59 K/D ratios on Black Ops I don't really have a problem with it. I'm not saying it's as precise as a mouse, especially at low sensitivities, and controllers definitely take much longer to get really good with on consoles, but if you're really used to it then you can do almost just as well as you can with a KB/M but not nearly as much on games like Unreal Tournament or Quake where people are moving ridiculously fast and flying through the air. But on more regular-speed games like COD, Halo, Killzone, Battlefield, etc the controls are fine.
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).GTSaiyanjin2

Already happened.

I think it maters what games they played.... I dont think the games they played were ever mentioned. K/m is better for FPS simply because of the precision aim, but it all comes down to how good the player is at such game. As I'm sure a good PC player will be able to adapt to a controler, and do well, and vice versa of course. Like I think a game like gears of war 3 could work well in a cross platform game between PC and console player.

Dunno it might just be me but I have a hard time seeing a good modern warfare player adapt to CS as well as a CS player adapt to modern warfare.

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Eggimannd

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]It's called turn the sensitivity up. I always play on about the max sensitivity possible for FPS games on consoles and I have no problem aiming very fast and accurately and turning quickly on people. It all depends on what you're used to. COD easily has the best, most smooth console FPS aiming though. There's not a whole lot of games that are nearly as good, so I guess it all depends on the game.Messiahbolical-

That's fine, but as someone who's gotten as large as 59 K/D ratios on Black Ops I don't really have a problem with it. I'm not saying it's as precise as a mouse, especially at low sensitivities, and controllers definitely take much longer to get really good with on consoles, but if you're really used to it then you can do almost just as well as you can with a KB/M but not nearly as much on games like Unreal Tournament or Quake where people are moving ridiculously fast and flying through the air. But on more regular-speed games like COD, Halo, Killzone, Battlefield, etc the controls are fine.

I guess it really more depends on how the game is made. I'm sure a console player who's good at modern warfare on console will easily adapt to modern warfare on PC with kb/m. I'm thinking more of games like CS/Quake/UT

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 GTSaiyanjin2

[QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

[QUOTE="cain006"]That's not true at all. Maybe if you took someone who plays Quake all the time or something, but it's not like people who play pc games are just inherently better.

Messiahbolical-

Yeah I kinda agree with you here. Playing with a controller I kinda feel handicapped, but for the most part its all the same, I just dont have that quick precision aim I get with a k/m setup. Playing with a k/m was kinda awkward at 1st but once you get used it its a great setup. And yeah people with good mouse will have an advantage on you, like for ex I used to play cod4 in a window mode at 720p res with an 1800dpi mouse. I played the game like that for a few months, but once I decided to go full screen 1080p I noticed how slow 1800 DPI was for that resolution. But I still think it all comes down to the individual player, if a PC player cant take advantage of the precision of the mouse, then he may as well be playing with a controller.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Eggimannd"]

GTSaiyanjin2

Yeah I kinda agree with you here. Playing with a controller I kinda feel handicapped, but for the most part its all the same, I just dont have that quick precision aim I get with a k/m setup. Playing with a k/m was kinda awkward at 1st but once you get used it its a great setup. And yeah people with good mouse will have an advantage on you, like for ex I used to play cod4 in a window mode at 720p res with an 1800dpi mouse. I played the game like that for a few months, but once I decided to go full screen 1080p I noticed how slow 1800 DPI was for that resolution. But I still think it all comes down to the individual player, if a PC player cant take advantage of the precision of the mouse, then he may as well be playing with a controller.

Obviously the hardware isn't everything, but it does make a huge difference. On consoles, everyone is using the exact same basehardware so nobody has an advantage over one another in that regard, making it a more fair game for everyone playing, but if you're on PC and you have a PC that runs the game at a lower frame rate, lower resolution, less AA, slower and smaller monitor, smaller FOV, etc that hurts you, and the less precise mouses, worse(or complete lack of) gaming headset, worse sound card, etc all add up to advantages that the other players might have over you. Resolution might be the most important aspect of this, since having a high resolution makes it easier to see your enemies especially at a distance and makes everything more vivid, as well as allows you to increase your field of view while retaining image quality. The only real variables on consoles that make much of a difference as far as advantages go are TV size and gaming headsets/surround sound. The PS3/360 "mouses" really aren't all that great and can often put players at a disadvantage, and the gimmicky little accessory things like "FPS Freeks" are exactly what they are... gimmicks, nothing more. They don't make a huge difference at all.
skilfulgary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 skilfulgary
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

Because mouse+keyboard completley ruin the immersion of shooters imo.

can't beat the m/k for rts though.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 cain006

That's fine, but as someone who's gotten as large as 59 K/D ratios on Black Ops I don't really have a problem with it. I'm not saying it's as precise as a mouse, especially at low sensitivities, and controllers definitely take much longer to get really good with on consoles, but if you're really used to it then you can do almost just as well as you can with a KB/M but not nearly as much on games like Unreal Tournament or Quake where people are moving ridiculously fast and flying through the air. But on more regular-speed games like COD, Halo, Killzone, Battlefield, etc the controls are fine.Messiahbolical-
Funny thing is those are pretty much the only type of FPS games I like. I agree with you though, it's passable for most games.

Kokuro_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Kokuro_Kun
Member since 2009 • 2339 Posts

Usually i just put it in my hand.. i guess.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#142 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

No they don't. This must be something PC gamers tell themselves, and each other, to feel 1337.

Ravensmash

Oh I didn't realise perhaps you could list some console shooters without aim assist and auto lock on features?

Gears of War series, BFBC2 allows the player to turn off aim assist in both SP and MP, same with BF3 beta, Crysis 1, CS:GO (upcoming), Deus Ex has the option also. That's just off the top of my tired head.

Add the KZ series this gen to that list.

PC gamers need to get off their high horse, and mostly because 99% of the "truths" they hold onto are either no longer true, or never were.

PC games have a ton of their own problems between driver issues, fragmented communities, the absolute turd that is a keyboard for a game controller.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Easily. Twin sticks is fine. Mouse is better but x better then y doesn't make y uselss.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="RGDT021"]

It takes much more skill, finess and coordination to be good with a controller... any fool can aim with a mouse.

lawlessx

which is why console games feature auto aim :roll:

You can turn it off in option, it is there only because of PC gamers with no control skill should be able to play consoles....

walsh2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 walsh2001
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
maybe this board isn't as bad as I thought...I agree...how can anyone play a shooter on a console...especially with that disgusting PS3 controller
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Oh I didn't realise perhaps you could list some console shooters without aim assist and auto lock on features?

Pug-Nasty

Gears of War series, BFBC2 allows the player to turn off aim assist in both SP and MP, same with BF3 beta, Crysis 1, CS:GO (upcoming), Deus Ex has the option also. That's just off the top of my tired head.

PC gamers need to get off their high horse, and mostly because 99% of the "truths" they hold onto are either no longer true, or never were.

PC games have a ton of their own problems between driver issues, fragmented communities, the absolute turd that is a keyboard for a game controller.

Oh finally, someone who agrees with me about the keyboard. Fine for some genres, but absolutely unintuitive for others. Want smooth movement in an FPS....lol no
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lucianu

Pug-Nasty

All anyone could read here is you belittling PC gamers because of your insecurity. Everything you wrote is close to disinformation, so that kind of gave it away.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Such BS. You know what will be interesting though is CS GO, which will have cross platform play between PS3/PC but no aim assist on for PS3 (controller).cain006

And which platform has the community that has been playing counterstrike longer to the point where they can head shot someone 0.5 seconds after they come around the corner?

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"] Gears of War series, BFBC2 allows the player to turn off aim assist in both SP and MP, same with BF3 beta, Crysis 1, CS:GO (upcoming), Deus Ex has the option also. That's just off the top of my tired head.Ravensmash

Oh finally, someone who agrees with me about the keyboard. Fine for some genres, but absolutely unintuitive for others. Want smooth movement in an FPS....lol no

You must try to move with the arrow keys or something. Try a MS natural keyboard and use the WASD configuration. It's really smooth and it's easy. I prefer a controller for any games involving driving, but GTA is playable with a keyboard.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

menes777

You must try to move with the arrow keys or something. Try a MS natural keyboard and use the WASD configuration. It's really smooth and it's easy. I prefer a controller for any games involving driving, but GTA is playable with a keyboard.

I do use WASD for movement, doesn't stop the fact that it's ultimately more jerky than analogue movement.