Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#251 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

Spider-Man crashed on me twice. I don't think i've had a single CTD or crash on my PC since I built it over a year ago.

Heh. I guess you haven't played Fallout 76 :P

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#252 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

@GarGx1: They changed every gen while PC haven't changed

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Spider-Man crashed on me twice. I don't think i've had a single CTD or crash on my PC since I built it over a year ago.

Heh. I guess you haven't played Fallout 76 :P

Nope. Dodged that one lol. What an utter disaster from beginning to end.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@GarGx1 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: sounds like user error to me. Isn’t that how the hermits handle this argument?

Pretty sure I just told you where to start investigating the crash you were moaning about. I guess that doesn't fir your "hermit" stereotype though.

Exactly. It can't be user error if there's no way to fix it, or the user didn't do anything wrong. I thought consoles were "plug n play"?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@lundy86_4: 'Dodged that one'.

People's impatience is huge factor I think.

Why do people need to have everything day one or before reviews come in.

When it comes to consoles, it usually takes a year to iron out any kinks, and they don't become worth it until after that period anyway.

When it comes to games, there hasn't been a need to pre-order since the PS1/N64 generation I think, when N64 cartridges took time to manufacture. I remember it being quite hard to get Goldeneye at first.

There's no excuse on the PC when you can download at will.

That would send a message to developers and publishers.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#256 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@blackhairedhero: I can't believe you think Diablo 3 is better than... Well, any of its competition. It's the low point in loot-mongering arpgs. It's definitely worse than PoE, it's worse than grim dawn, it's worse than Torchlight 2, it's worse than its own predecessor Diablo 2. Hell I'm replaying Diablo 1 right now and find the game more atmospheric and superior in its sense of progression

You've picked the Dynasty Warriors of ARPGs as your hill to die on?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#257 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@clefdefa said:

@GarGx1: They changed every gen while PC haven't changed

I'm guessing you're referring to mouse and keyboard?

Anyway does this look like it hasn't changed

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/steelseries-rival-600

up to 12,000 cpi which is adjusted with the press of a button, adjustable weight, dual sensors, 4 buttons and a scroll wheel.

Compared to this

A wooden block with two wheels that move on contact with a surface (1964)

Yup, absolutely no progression in mouse technology at all.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@xantufrog: Well it is worse then Diablo 2. I don't deny that. Its skill system is overly simplistic. Where I like it over the others is production values, the actual skills look far better then the other games to me and overall it's more fun.

My biggest gripe with the game is the removal of PVP. The fact its limited to one arena is ridiculous.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@kali-b1rd: exactly. It takes a special kind of idiot to **** up a console.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

@xantufrog: Well it is worse then Diablo 2. I don't deny that. Its skill system is overly simplistic. Where I like it over the others is production values, the actual skills look far better then the other games to me and overall it's more fun.

My biggest gripe with the game is the removal of PVP. The fact its limited to one arena is ridiculous.

spoken like a true sony fan ... lets be honest, you've never given Path of Exile a proper go.

@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: exactly. It takes a special kind of idiot to **** up a console.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You are some kinda special level dense aren't you....

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@kali-b1rd: Yes Sony fans do play games for fun.

I'll try Poe again though and see if I can get into it.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Kali-B1rd
@blackhairedhero said:

@kali-b1rd: Yes Sony fans do play games for presentation.

I'll try Poe for the first time and see if I can get into it.

lets be honest.. cmon, you can do it ;)

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@kali-b1rd: You need to try and think for yourself.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Blackhairedhero

@kali-b1rd: God of War, Bloodborne, Spiderman those were not fun to you?

PersonalBox4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 PersonalBox4
Member since 2018 • 14 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Everyone of the things you said the pc has, other consoles have as well. And some of the things you said are on the switch as well. Not that I don't like those consoles, but that doesn't mean you can excuse them for having the same things. Also even if the pc had it first, that doesn't mean the consoles are aloud to copy the bad things about pc gaming.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Kali-B1rd
@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: You need to try and think for yourself.

You just have no substance, either come back with a valid retort or just don't bother.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Kali-B1rd
@blackhairedhero said:

@kali-b1rd: God of War, Bloodborne, Spiderman those were not fun to you?

God of War and Bloodborne were good throughout .

Spiderman was good for the first 1-2 hours then you realise you've literally seen everything.

That is a TINY list of games for a 5 year old market dominant console. and certainly exceptions in the exclusive department.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Blackhairedhero

@kali-b1rd: Well its opinions I guess. I loved Spiderman personally. The secret boss fights I thought were great and the combat was consistently fun. It was also cool to finally see a high quality Marvel game. I personally like alot of the PS4 exclusives but to each their own.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@blackhairedhero said:

@kali-b1rd: Well its opinions I guess. I loved Spiderman personally. The secret boss fights I thought were great and the combat was consistently fun. It was also cool to finally see a high quality Marvel game. I personally like alot of the PS4 exclusives but to each their own.

Of course its opinions, just like reviews are opinions.

Half the battle is though people throw around opinions as facts when they haven't experienced both aspects of what they are arguing about in the first place.

I mean cmon, the "Challenges" secret boss was awful..... all that work and build up for nothing. It was pretty, and the base gameplay was fine, it was just wrapped in a bland busy work shell.

The problem is you see a lot of deep games, well designed games fall in the 7-8 category for simply not having the brand-power or reviewers being bought, or simply not had 12 months of obsessive over-polish that massive studios can provide (usually at the cost of everything else) and get shit on here... as if its a "fact" that anything below a 9 is worse.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@reseteraisbetta said:

@n64dd: Sounds like your beef should be with shitty devs, not pc gaming.

if you like resetera so much go over there this place doesn't need your hipster attitude

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Blackhairedhero

@kali-b1rd: You thought the Tombstone and Taskmaster boss fights were awful?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#272  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

AAA games are the downfall of gaming... the types of games you mentioned like PUBG (Fallout 76 is a AAA) are the only games that are going to innovate and keep gaming alive. Indies and crowd sourcing are the middlemen/mid tier of gaming these days.

PUBG, H-Hour, DayZ, and Vigor are easily my four biggest games that I am waiting to hit console and PUBG is already on Xbox and 6 days from PS4. DayZ and Vigor are already on Xbox as well.

This mid tier is all about fun and good old fashioned game play. Screw all the shine and bs like that. It is completely uncalled for and bs when a game like Fallout 76 released in the state it did, but there is a reason why people didn't give it a free pass, and that's because they realize Bethesda isn't some small garage developer with no money.

H1Z1 is easily the best shooter on PS4 (sad enough to say) at this point.

Where as I hate to see controllers and m/kb interchangeability becoming more of a thing, I absolutely LOVE seeing these smaller games that were once only on PC (that usually got no love or very little) finding a home on consoles, making money, and the devs pushing the game into what they first imagined. Which only helps both communities and the devs.

Look at DayZ... sure the development has been slow, but they keep chugging along with update after update. That is what it's all about. Support these little guys, push game play and innovation, and down with the corporate greed monster, bs PR spiels, and games that for the most part play themselves and have no skill gap to speak of. Those devs. listen to the vocal minority and try to cater to them. You aren't as good? No problem, they add auto aim. You don't like the skill gap? No problem, remove it. You don't think PVP is fair? Hell... make it unplayable (looking at you 76). The list goes on and on. Those big dogs look at ONE thing and one thing only... how can they sell the most copies, the cheapest way possible, and make the game passable and yet something that more skilled players will quickly grow tired of and want to move on to their NEXT game. These indie devs might not have a next game... so they put everything they have into that ONE GAME. Making it fun for everyone and rewarding for those who put the time and effort in on it to be better than the others.

Most of these newer big budget games have so much aim assist, are dumbed down so much, and are so filled with unnecessary crap that the games take a hit where it matters the most... that being gameplay.

Give me mid tier developers that are actually TRYING and fighting for their own survival (and also fixing things and adding things as they can) above AAA studios being over hyped and pushing out more watered down bs year after year ANY DAY. Those little guys will try and listen to their fanbase and cater to the people that will be around for a long time, not the kids who get mad they aren't as good and demand crap that destroys the game. You know, the same people who will play the game for two weeks and then never play it again?

I've been calling for a rise of the mid tier game for years now (saying on MULTIPLE occasions that sector is all but dead), but the budgets some of these small-mid tier guys have ARE mid tier budgets of not so long ago if you do any research. These AAA devs claiming they spent $500 mil... blah blah blah, are so full of shit.

Most just take assets they already had and tweak them to push out the same garbage with a different coat of paint. They continue pushing graphics, while game play, fun, and an actual game at the core take a HUGE hit.

Games are supposed to be fun, intense, and worth a good laugh, or smashing a perfectly good controller (not me, but I have heard it happen over my mic on several occasions.. lol)

Games like SOCOM were never perfect, but they were the BEST... The support these mid tier games are getting simply shows some people out there like actual gameplay, a competitive atmosphere, and perhaps even a little old school trash talk thrown in the mix. Take these modern day, hand holding, auto aim, life regen, look a squirrel games and shove em.

I for one will hope for the best and put money on the long-shots whether they pan out in the end or not. I mean, it's worth a shot.. at least they're trying which is saying a lot more than most of the bigger devs who are for the most part completely controlled by greedy publishers, stock holders, and passing trends.

I have spoken.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Is that why you guys pay a monthly subscription to access your own internet, but we don't on PC?

Get free games with the subscription, usually way past the value of the subscription.

Hey did you see that? Another survival ALPHA game that you have to BUY.

Steam is going to shit.

You mean "free" games that you lose access to if you stop paying? You mean those games?

Sure and what happens if you lose access to steam or steam goes under? EA origins access? etc?

Hahaha. Okay, so you're basing your entire argument on a small probability? You may want to go to debate school for a bit.

Steam works in offline mode, if my internet goes down I can still play my games

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#274 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts
@n64dd said:

PC gaming is the reason alpha/beta/crowd sourcing gaming is so big. Now we have a whole bunch of incomplete piles of shit such as fallout 76, pubg and numerous others.

Thoughts?

You don't even make sense. Incomplete games seeing a release is the result of greedy publishers wanting to please investors. It literally has nothing to do with crowd funded games.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Nah. I agree there's a lot of crap on pc, but it's a great platform for indie developers, which means more games for console peasants like me!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

PC is first place here, and is not responsible for the console oriented FO76.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#277 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Well spoken.

The mid-tier, AA game space is where I have the most fun.

Crowd-funding and early access kind of saved gaming for me.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#278  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

@WitIsWisdom: Well spoken.

The mid-tier, AA game space is where I have the most fun.

Crowd-funding and early access kind of saved gaming for me.

It seems it's all I have left these days, but you know what... I'm ok with that.

They work hard at what they do and listen to the every day players, not the fly by night kids who demand things and then disappear just as fast as they came. These guys are trying to make a product the players actually want, and not push a product (trying to make it look good) with a huge budget. Not a bunch of crap that is forced upon them from higher ups that probably have never even played the game let alone know what the game needs or the player base actually want. They are clueless... that is why a lot of these guys that were employed at larger studios leave and try to start a new small startup company in the first place, so they can make the game they actually want to make and not the game they are told to make... even if their creativity is cut short once again due to a shortage of money and manpower. The thing is however, if you support them now, then they might be the same companies who push out bigger and better games in the future without the corporate strings, or continue to grow what they originally started. You take that passion out of the game and it shows in the final product, in all the ways that a lot of people can see... not all... but a lot. They started these little "wish upon a star" companies just hoping others will see their creativity and want to be a part of it.

I'm still waiting on H-Hour... $650 on the kickstarter, hundreds if not thousands of hours working on their forums and have yet to play the game. I think it's worth the wait though. They still have plans to bring it to PS4 and the porting started a handful of months ago. So I'll stay optimistic. I'm not expecting AAA values and budget... I'm expecting teamwork, fast and frantic game play, and just maybe a little of that socrack feeling.