Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@blackhairedhero said:

Just about every shitty trend started on PC. Microtransactions, free to play, monthly subscriptions etc.

I realize games can be expensive to create but at least give us some content.

1. The F2P and P2P ones are subjective. WoW is one of the greatest games of all time. There are some insanely good F2P games as well.

2. Mandatory Subscriptions to just play ANYTHING online period, and shitty online at that (XBL/PSN), is a much worse trend than P2P MMOs.

3. DLC and sliced up games is a much worse trend.

4. Didn't Micro-transactions started on mobile phones? If not you're right about 1 thing at least.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Just about every shitty trend started on PC. Microtransactions, free to play, monthly subscriptions etc.

1. The F2P and P2P ones are subjective. WoW is one of the greatest games of all time. There are some insanely good F2P games as well.

2. Mandatory Subscriptions to just play ANYTHING online period, and shitty online at that (XBL/PSN), is a much worse trend than P2P MMOs.

4. Didn't Micro-transactions started on mobile phones? If not you're right about 1 thing at least.

WoW was amazing. It's a dead horse now.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Zaryia

@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

But Subscription games are dead too. So why complain about them as a shitty trend when they aren't a trend anymore, and when they WERE a trend there was several good ones that spit out insane amounts of content?

Oh and FF is amazing, and, EQ, COH were also amazing.

There are F2P games that are better than their full $60-170 retail purchases in every way - like Warframe vs Destiny1 and 2. Or POE vs DIII.

Way too opinionated of a post, those aren't bad trends by default in any means.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Is that why you guys pay a monthly subscription to access your own internet, but we don't on PC?

Get free games with the subscription, usually way past the value of the subscription.

Hey did you see that? Another survival ALPHA game that you have to BUY.

Steam is going to shit.

Except they are not free, and you lose them....

I can do the same on PC with Humble bundle... get more games..... and actually keep them.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@blackhairedhero said:

But Subscription games are dead too. So why complain about them as a shitty trend when they aren't a trend anymore, and when they WERE a trend there was several good ones that spit out insane amounts of content?

Oh and FF is amazing, and, EQ, COH were also amazing.

There are F2P games that are better than their full $60-170 retail purchases in every way - like Warframe vs Destiny1 and 2. Or POE vs DIII.

Way too opinionated of a post, those aren't bad trends by default in any means.

I didn't make the complaint about WoW.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

God this place is weird. Only on SW can the shitty blight that is modern AAA, often argued to "skip" PC, also be blamed on PC

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Like always most of the replies are from Zaryia.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Sony marketing works well it seems.

Always amazes me how people can twist there brain around limited budget pc boxes being better then the real thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@zaryia:

1. More content is better that's a fact. Even if some if those F2P games may be good the practice of locking content behind a pay wall started on PC.

2. You keep saying the online is shitty but it's as reliable as any PC service not to mention all the free games i get and massive discounts off titles.

3. PC started DLC and sliced up games. The PC had games with expansions in the 90s.

4. Nope but mobile has embraced it and I think most would agree mobile is the shittiest platform.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zaryia

@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia:

1. More content is better that's a fact. Even if some if those F2P games may be good the practice of locking content behind a pay wall started on PC.

2. You keep saying the online is shitty but it's as reliable as any PC service not to mention all the free games i get and massive discounts off titles.

3. PC started DLC and sliced up games. The PC had games with expansions in the 90s.

4. Nope but mobile has embraced it and I think most would agree mobile is the shittiest platform.

1. Opinion: Several F2P and P2P games have more content than B2P games. This was a completely subjective point. I do not consider F2P and P2P as a negative trend and some of my absolute favorite games this gen are those 2 payment models. You should have wrote IMO.

2. Fact Check. Console started the trend of payed online. PC online is far superior and free, but thats a debate for a different thread.

3. Fact Check. Consoles started the cutting up of games into little DLCs to be released shortly after. Expansion packs of PC games are the size of full fledged games and came out much later, not shortly after. They did not take away from the main game. What we get as DLC now used to be free content patches for PC until consoles turned it into a payed thing. PC gamers laughed at DLC when compared to their expansions. This is certainly a console trend.

P.S. Developers are trying to do the same with mods now. Free on PC for now, slowly monetizing. Like with content patches.

4. If you say so. What PC game was it?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@xantufrog said:

God this place is weird. Only on SW can the shitty blight that is modern AAA, often argued to "skip" PC, also be blamed on PC

@dorog1995 said:

It's either this or we all can deal with a dead forum all together. We all know SW lost a lot of good posters but I rather take a crappy poster then a dead forum all together.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

Did you all just forget that game demos have existed for decades?

The occasional flop has nothing to do with modern restructuring to early access. It has to do with shit devs being shit.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@Vaasman said:

Did you all just forget that game demos have existed for decades?

The occasional flop has nothing to do with modern restructuring to early access. It has to do with shit devs being shit.

And I also remembering getting lots of Demos when my video game magazine comes in the mailbox, Demos were a huge thing to advertising games but for some strange reasons, developers are scared to even let gamers test out a game before it releases now. If Developers have the balls making a better quality games and not rushed out the door, this wouldn't be a problem nowadays.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Zaryia

@dorog1995 said:

System Wars not Fanboy Wars.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@blackhairedhero said:

Is that why you guys pay a monthly subscription to access your own internet, but we don't on PC?

Get free games with the subscription, usually way past the value of the subscription.

Steam is going to shit.

You mean "free" games that you lose access to if you stop paying? You mean those games?

Sure and what happens if you lose access to steam or steam goes under? EA origins access? etc?

Hahaha. Okay, so you're basing your entire argument on a small probability? You may want to go to debate school for a bit.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

@tgob89 said:
@vagrantsnow said:

If anything it has been the ability for console games to be patched that has lead to lower quality launch products. Before that, if a game didn't work on consoles, it was bad forever. Now even console games can be fixed post release.

You do realize that patching was a PC created phenomenon?

I've always feared that the laziness that's associated with the so-called advantages of PC gaming would downgrade the quality of highly polished console games once console devs adopted those practices and I was spot on.

I do understand that patching is a option and *can* be advantageous to make critical changes post-launch however, most times it's just a way for devs to clean up a shitty developed and half finished game to start with.

All the blame is not on PC however, I also blame console fans for accepting these practices so freely when the quality of day 1 releases become worse and worse.

Until console games could be patched, there was an absolute necessity for a game to be complete and functional on day 1. Where patches began is irrelevant.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gaming gave us

- Minecrap X1000

- Daycrap X1000

- Battlecrap X1000

- Walking sims

- Walking sim horror games

- Toxic Dota/LOL players

- Toxic (cheating) CS players

- Weapon skins/gambling

- The asset flip

- Unfinished games (EA) selling DLC

- Shitty hentai games

In it's short time Switch has given us

- The best open world game of this gen (until BOTW sequel)

- The best 3D platformer of this gen (until Odyssey sequel)

- The best racing game of this gen (until Mario Karts sequel)

- Most likely the best and most popular fighting game this gen (Smash)

- Most likely the best FPS (Metriod) of this gen

- Free post-support

- The most polished games in the industry

The best open world game is generally split between Red Dead and BOTW.

The best 3D platformer is split between Astro Bot and Odyssey, but most people that have tried both seem to prefer Astro Bot.

The best racing game is generally split between Mario Kart 8, Forza Horizon 4, and Wipeout VR.

Smash probably will be the best fighting game, I agree.

Metroid has very tough competition so I'd imagine it to be unlikely now that VR is here and with Doom 2016 + Eternal on the roadmap.

As for PC, it will be a big force for moving the industry forward in the next 5 years even if the last 5 haven't lived up to the early 2000s or 90s.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 N64DD

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Steam is going to shit.

You mean "free" games that you lose access to if you stop paying? You mean those games?

Sure and what happens if you lose access to steam or steam goes under? EA origins access? etc?

Hahaha. Okay, so you're basing your entire argument on a small probability? You may want to go to debate school for a bit.

No argument, got it.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:

Steam is going to shit.

No argument, got it.

Yea I guess my windows 10 will stop working when Microsoft goes under.

That is the equivalent of your dogshit.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 N64DD

@dxmcat said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

No argument, got it.

Yea I guess my windows 10 will stop working when Microsoft goes under.

That is the equivalent of your dogshit.

Yet i'll continue to be a member of PSN and XBOX live so we're at a standstill.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:

Steam is going to shit.

No argument, got it.

What's he supposed to argue against? There is as much chance of Sony or Nintendo going under as there is Valve. What would you do if Sony, Nintendo or MS went under and you had no access to your digital library on those platforms?

Should Valve get into a position where they had to shut down Steam, then all games will be released from the Steam platform. This issue was raised by Steam users and addressed by Valve many, many years ago. What guarantees have the console manufacturers given for their downloadable content?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Fallout 76 is shit because Bethesda is a shit developer.

PC gaming has been constantly pushing gaming forwards, and has many different markets within it's wide breadth. Not every PC game is an indie 2D side-scroller, nor are the crowd-sourced, nor are they technical power-houses of graphical achievements. There is a little of everything.

But I wouldn't expect nothing less than broad generalizations from a Trumpette.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@davillain- said:
@n64dd said:
@zaryia said:
@n64dd said:

PC gaming is the reason alpha/beta/crowd sourcing gaming is so big. Now we have a whole bunch of incomplete piles of shit such as fallout 76, pubg and numerous others.

Thoughts?

Huh? Fallout 76 on PC doesn't even have text chat and barely functioning FOV.

This is a console creation through and through.

Pc game, ported to consoles.

You're moving goal posts anyways.

Except he's not moving any goalpost.

Except again you’re dense and can’t figure out he’s saying FO76 is a product of these things.

As in since PC games are half assed half the time it’s trickled into AAA and more what normally should be a quality title.

I feel like I’m a kindergarten teacher sometimes.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 foxhound_fox
@n64dd said:

That's what offline backups are for.

And GOG.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 N64DD

@foxhound_fox said:

Fallout 76 is shit because Bethesda is a shit developer.

PC gaming has been constantly pushing gaming forwards, and has many different markets within it's wide breadth. Not every PC game is an indie 2D side-scroller, nor are the crowd-sourced, nor are they technical power-houses of graphical achievements. There is a little of everything.

But I wouldn't expect nothing less than broad generalizations from a Trumpette.

You're a sensitive soul aren't you?

Skyrim was a masterpiece.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Zaryia
@that_old_guy said:

Except again you’re dense and can’t figure out he’s saying FO76 is a product of these things.

As in since PC games are half assed half the time it’s trickled into AAA and more what normally should be a quality title.

Bullshit conspiracy theory.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 N64DD

@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:

Bullshit conspiracy theory.

He's right.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia:

1. You disagree with having more content in your games? Weird perhaps that's why the F2P model has worked so well for PC gamers. You like getting screwed?

2. Nope.. PC started the monthly subscriptions with things like Ultima Online and EQ far before PSN and XBL existed. That is a fact

3. Nope the DLC trend only happened because of the rise of Digital media. PC started the whole expansion craze. This is a fact. And expansions never had as much content as a full game. Diablo 2 added 2 characters and one level, SC 2 added a small campaign and one race. I personally don't mind DLC as long as its quality content but this started on the PC.

4. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/the-history-of-gaming-microtransactions-from-horse-armor-to-loot-boxes

Started with Oblivion on PC and 360. So Microsoft is much to blame which is one of the key pillars of the PC platform.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xantufrog  Moderator

@blackhairedhero: I think you make valid historical points, but

"Diablo 2 added 2 characters and one level, SC 2 added a small campaign and one race"

This is really shady summary. Diablo 2 and SC2 had enormous expansions. Your summary is very misleading, making these sound like tiny poor value additions.

You may be right that PC provided the foundation for DLC. Of course it did - we had hard drives when consoles (with exception of some clever workarounds for Genesis carts) just could not expand our update their product post release. But by the same token, PC provided expansions. Wonderful, huge expansions. And patches.

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@xantufrog: Realize I have no issues with quality expansions. And although those were not bad expansions they were not worthy of being a full game. Zaryia acted like consoles started the DLC trend though and that's not true. DLC is just the modern version of expansion. Shitty DLC is not the fault of either the PC or console platform but more from developers doing a half assed job.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xantufrog  Moderator

@blackhairedhero: i agree, nickel and diming with DLC is the pits

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 foxhound_fox

@n64dd said:

At least I'm not a fragile snowflake.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 N64DD

@foxhound_fox said:
@n64dd said:

At least I'm not a fragile snowflake.

Calmer than you are.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DragonfireXZ95
@GarGx1 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

No argument, got it.

What's he supposed to argue against? There is as much chance of Sony or Nintendo going under as there is Valve. What would you do if Sony, Nintendo or MS went under and you had no access to your digital library on those platforms?

Should Valve get into a position where they had to shut down Steam, then all games will be released from the Steam platform. This issue was raised by Steam users and addressed by Valve many, many years ago. What guarantees have the console manufacturers given for their downloadable content?

I'm not arguing against it because it's a huge deflection. He lost the initial argument, and now he's trying to gain ground by delving into unlikely scenarios. What if the world exploded right now? Then none of this would matter. His stupid "what ifs" are just the remnants of a battle that he lost.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 N64DD

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:

No argument, got it.

I'm not arguing against it because it's a huge deflection. He lost the initial argument, and now he's trying to gain ground by delving into unlikely scenarios. What if the world exploded right now? Then none of this would matter. His stupid "what ifs" are just the remnants of a battle that he lost.

You made a shit comparison and lost.

There are benefit to the paid online model.

Get over it. Go buy your 5002th H1Z1 clone.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@davillain-: That's why im thankful to cup, Zarya and ghost. With how they post, they alway get replies.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 DragonfireXZ95
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@GarGx1 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

No argument, got it.

You made a shit comparison and lost.

There are benefit to the paid online model.

Get over it. Go buy your 5002th H1Z1 clone.

See, and now the salt is pouring out. Lol

PC is the "home of monthly subscriptions", yet you're the one paying the ransom every month for your own internet and renting games you can't choose.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

MS is the one who started paid DLC on Xbox, not PC.

"Many original Xbox Live titles, including Splinter Cell, Halo 2, and Ninja Gaiden, offered varying amounts of extra content, available for download through the Xbox Live service. Most of this content, with the notable exception of content for Microsoft-published titles, was available for free.[4]"

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 foxhound_fox

@n64dd said:

Calmer than you are.

I'm as calm as the Buddha, I'm not sure why you would get another impression?

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#91 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@n64dd said:
@PinchySkree said:

My thoughts?

Your life situation is so shit you can't afford one so beg for it not to exist in this niche forum with the delusion it will change anything

Console is where good PC first franchises go to die

Gaming pc's aren't that much. I have a i7 4820k closed loop, 980 ti evga classified, 32 gigs of ram in quad channel(photo editing)

Your post just got proved worthless.

No, all it did was prove you have a PC but still whine on a forum.

If you want to see examples of gaming being held back, just look to the shit hardware and standards applied to what were once quality games as they sell out to console, fail and die.

PC does everything. Alpha/beta/crowd sourcing is an addition, not a replacement.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

@zaryia:

1. You disagree with having more content in your games? Weird perhaps that's why the F2P model has worked so well for PC gamers. You like getting screwed?

2. Nope.. PC started the monthly subscriptions with things like Ultima Online and EQ far before PSN and XBL existed. That is a fact

3. Nope the DLC trend only happened because of the rise of Digital media. PC started the whole expansion craze. This is a fact. And expansions never had as much content as a full game. Diablo 2 added 2 characters and one level, SC 2 added a small campaign and one race. I personally don't mind DLC as long as its quality content but this started on the PC.

4. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/the-history-of-gaming-microtransactions-from-horse-armor-to-loot-boxes

Started with Oblivion on PC and 360. So Microsoft is much to blame which is one of the key pillars of the PC platform.

1. Again with your opinions. Depending on the title F2P and P2P games have as much, if not more content than several big B2P games. For example Warframe has far more content than D1 or D2. PoE has more content than Diablo III. Both are completely free.....The two big P2P games WoW and FF probably have more content than any game period. These are not negative trends by any objective mark.

2. Nope. XBL started mandatory payment model for entire online platforms. PC did not start this trend for consoles. PC has never even had platform wide online payment, how could it have started it? Lmao!

3. Nope. Consoles started sliced up release DLCs, or tiny weapon and armor packs. PC expansions were never THAT small or quick. Those 2 expansions you mentioned came FAR after launch and still had decent content. Several PC expansions at the time were humongous, and at times even bigger than console games.

4. Your own link says micro-transactions started with Oblivion for XBL, which was BGS first big console departure. It also pins the blame of Online Passes and Season Passes to mostly console oriented titles. Lootboxes were PC, I'll concede to that.

So the tally for things that are bad no matter how you look at it,

PC:

• Lootboxes

Consoles:

• Season Pass.
  • Online Pass.
  • Gutted Release DLC.
  • Platform-wide online payment.
  • Micro-transactions.
  • Payed mods.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

Nah, consoles are just behind by a decade.

@n64dd said:

PC gaming is the reason alpha/beta/crowd sourcing gaming is so big. Now we have a whole bunch of incomplete piles of shit such as fallout 76, pubg and numerous others.

Thoughts?

I would say all of that is the advancement of gaming. PC is the cutting edge of both hardware and software development; it is an open platform, where new ideas are not only encouraged and developed, but celebrated and enjoyed.

But they can't all be winners, regardless of platform. But at least on PC we can say "Well, they tried their best, better than not trying at all". On console you generally have some suit going "Nope. Won't sell. We don't want you to try".

@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@n64dd said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Won't happen, too big to fail.

Plus, Steam is privately owned, not pubicly traded; it is not beholden to shareholders, the market. As long as it is profitable it will be fine.

And should the worst happen, then it will get snatched up by someone else and we will still have access to the games. This is true of all platforms, though.

EIther way I am not worried.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

It's whoever is buying them on every system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

NES and N64. Two most influential consoles, and by far

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I like how PC bash threads has no real arguments made against the system lol

Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Blackhairedhero

@zaryia: 1. D1 and D2 do you mean Destiny? Destiny is a shit show hardly the standard for console gaming. And WoW is a money trap in which each of those expansions had to be bought and paid for. It didn't go F2p till recently. The PC's largest game is F2P with little content.

2. Again PC started monthly online subscriptions. EQ and Ultima online existed far before PSN and XBL. The monthly fees associated with platform related services are not just for online gaming unlike MMO subscription fees.

3. Again facts are not on your side. PC was doing expansions in the 90s before it was even possible on consoles. This is a fact that any gamer over the age of 20 knows this

4. Betheda and MS started it which were two PC centric companies. Started by pillars of the PC platform and to this day it is where PC gaming makes the vast majority of its revenue.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Zaryia
@blackhairedhero said:

2. Again PC started monthly online subscriptions.

3. Again facts are not on your side. PC was doing expansions in the 90s before it was even possible on consoles. This is a fact that any gamer over the age of 20 knows this

I removed the subjective and false statements regarding F2P and P2P. There are F2P/P2P have some of the absolute most content of any game period, especially any movie game. If I wanted to be subjective I could pad my console list with opinionated shit too. Trust me it would be a mile long.

1. Straw-Man trying to trick other posters. That's not what I said. PC did not start PLATFORM-WIDE monthly online subscriptions. Here is my original statement:

Mandatory Subscriptions to play ANYTHING online period.

That directly started and took off with XBL. THIS IS A FACT.

2. PC's old Expansion Packs were not pre-release/pre-purchase DLC or shitty weapon packs. Don't insult me and conflate the two. One didn't directly lead to the other. That SPECIFIC kind of shit-head DLC content directly started and took off for and on consoles.

I'm discussing which platforms directlystarted and nurtured the negative trends. IE: It's asinine to state PC is at fault for PSN having a monthly fee. That would be XBL and MS, which objectively started it.

PC:

• Lootboxes

Consoles:

• Season Pass.
  • Online Pass.
  • Gutted Release DLC.
  • Platform-wide online payment.
  • Micro-transactions. (Bethesda and MS got together to do this on XBL, PC gamers just downloaded that shit from modding sites).
  • Payed mods.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Fallout 76 is the end result of Bethesda handing the reigns over to Todd Howard. Even if developers weren't flocking to alphas, they'd still be pulling this crap. Also, I don't really see the problem with alphas. Enthusiasts get early access, developers get free bug testing, and Steam gets to hype new releases. What's the problem?