Gran Turismo 5 Packaging Reveals Three Discs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Communistsheep
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"]

I'm going on the assumption that this thread is a bad joke. Otherwise my head is going to explode scanners-style.

Besides, it's quite obviously a collector's edition -- my guess is 1 disk for GT5, 1 disk for bonus video content and 1 "disk" for a special-edition booklet/manual.

Gxgear

Agreed. The blue one obviously looks like a case for BR, possibly videos of dev diaries, documentation of the creation of the game, among other goodies.

Gotta love all the lemmings flocking in here with the assumption that GT5 is confirmed to be 3 discs. :lol:

Apparently the thought of having something to retaliate with for FM3's multi disks facepalm-ing goodness sends the possibility of it being the COLLECTOR'S EDITION, pointed out numerously in the first page, right over their heads.

Logic is hard.

Gxgear
Also, you're a hypocrite.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Its funny how lemmings are trying to spin this :lol:

its most likely a colectors edition but if it was the whole game on 3 blu rays then thats 150gb of content which would take 25 dvds for itto run on a 360.

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts

The 3rd disc contains video footage of Kaz and Kaz Harai sitting around laughing at Forza 3.

Nike_Air
In HD lol XD
asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

[QUOTE="Wassmansdorff"]

Don't you get it? GT5 is ONE (1) disc. Not 2 (like forza 3), not 3.

The other 2 discs is unnecessary stuff.

Stop comparing it to Froza case.

Alpha-Male22

Well, apparently, that's just the same case with Forza because the second disc of Forza 3 is uneccessary

The thing is, we don't know what's on the other disks for GT5. It could very well be videos and a soundtrack cd. The second Forza disk has actual game content (as well as one of the best tracks in the world - which really sucks for HDD-less 360 owners).

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Nidget
Member since 2009 • 1325 Posts

its most likely a colectors editionbut if it was the whole game on 3 blu rays then that is 150gb of content which would take 25 dvds to run on a 360.

toast_burner
The irony. You claim lems are spinning, then spin yourself :lol: gold
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

[QUOTE="aero250"][QUOTE="Nidget"]IF true, cows have been majorly owned after the amount of bashing the 360 has got this gen for multiple discs. Nidget
There is nothing wrong with multiple discs.

I know. Its the cows who bash multiple discs, not me. Although something tells me that if this is true, multiple discs will be ok again ...

No, more like crazy 360 fanboys claiming games would never need more than a DVD, and that BluRay was a waste. Not that you know anyone like that... :P

I'd be more shocked than annoyed if the game required multiple 50gb discs. :shock: I don't think I cold possibly be mad at receiving that much content. But I don't believe it will be the case. More likely it's game + making of BluRay + instruction book or soundtrack.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

its most likely a colectors editionbut if it was the whole game on 3 blu rays then that is 150gb of content which would take 25 dvds to run on a 360.

wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extras
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Nidget
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extras

Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 santoron

[QUOTE="Zero_epyon"][QUOTE="Nidget"]IF true, cows have been majorly owned after the amount of bashing the 360 has got this gen for multiple discs. Communistsheep
3 discs holding 6 GB each or 3 discs holding 45 gb each? Who wins out?

But it's still 3 discs, i don't care how many gigs it's on, it's still 3 discs.

Keep using that tunnel vision. Perhaps if you keep saying that there's no difference, you'll even believe it yourself.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 santoron

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Nidget"] The irony. You claim lems are spinning, then spin yourself :lol: goldNidget

Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin.

Wait. So you really don't care about the content of games?

/facepalm

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Communistsheep"][QUOTE="Zero_epyon"] 3 discs holding 6 GB each or 3 discs holding 45 gb each? Who wins out?santoron

But it's still 3 discs, i don't care how many gigs it's on, it's still 3 discs.

Keep using that tunnel vision. Perhaps if you keep saying that there's no difference, you'll even believe it yourself.

i know there is a difference, but it doesn't matter to me, i would still have to swap discs.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"] wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extrassantoron

/facepalm

A disc is a disc, regardless of the content.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Communistsheep
[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Just like how The extra disc that comes with forza 3 IS DLC, ON A DISC. Yet they were bashed, and now it's suddenly accaptable?
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Nidget

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"] wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extrassantoron

/facepalm

Um wtf are you talking about. Im proving cows hypocrisy. I couldnt care less about a bad racing sim or its content.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Nidget"] The irony. You claim lems are spinning, then spin yourself :lol: goldNidget

its theequivalent of 25 dvds thats like forza 3 times 25!

how can you try to make this sound like a bad thing?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 santoron

[QUOTE="santoron"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin. Nidget

/facepalm

Um wtf are you talking about. Im proving cows hypocrisy. I couldnt care less about a bad racing sim or its content.

Exactly. You don't care about games at all. Just some silly fight. Keep on trying though... I'm sure you're swaying loads of opinions with such well reasoned debates... :roll:

Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Nidget

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"] wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extrastoast_burner

Because thats nothing to do with the argument? Cows bashed multiple discs for stupid reasons like "oh bu you hav to get up off your seat to change the disc :cry:" or "bu bu what if you loose one disc" etc. The amount of content on the disc has nothing to do with it
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Nidget

[QUOTE="Nidget"]

[QUOTE="santoron"]

/facepalm

santoron

Exactly. You don't care about games at all. Just some silly fight. Keep on trying though... I'm sure you're swaying loads of opinions with such well reasoned debates... :roll:

Take your own advice my friend :wink: Keep replying to my posts .... or do me a favour and don't.
sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

I'm not really into racing sims thing but man....... GT5 sure is a pretty game,half of the time I couldn't tell if I was looking at real life or a video game.

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is, if they are using 50GB Blu-Ray discs, then the game will fit onto 1 disc, without a doubt. The other two discs probably contain the how they made it all happen videos, and another one could be a CD of all the music put into the game. The only reason they could possibly want more space than 2 Blu-Ray discs is if they recorded every moment of the making of their game. We already know enough about the game to know that they didn't suddenly add another thousand cars and tracks for the game to require 2 discs of information.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 santoron

[QUOTE="santoron"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] Um wtf are you talking about. Im proving cows hypocrisy. I couldnt care less about a bad racing sim or its content.

Nidget

Take your own advice my friend :wink: Keep replying to my posts .... or do me a favour and don't.

Since you've completely lost track of the topic, I guess there's nothing further to say towards you. I'm sure that won't sway you from "contributing" though :P

Back ON Topic: People are getting way too excited and worked up over this. I'd love to find out how many people actually believe that GT5 has more than one BluRay for the game? Anyone here actually believe that, and isn't just trying for silly fanboy ownage before it gets debunked? I certainly don't.

Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts

ummm, im pretty sure the arguement was that Blu ray has a greater capacity than DVDs and hence the 360 is at a disadvantage as you need more discs for the same content. If this is 3 blu ray discs worth of content, the number of DVDs required for the same content would be roughly 15. No dev would be crazy enough to release a 15 disc game. Therefore going by your assumption that these 3 discs contain compulsory game data, a game of this magnitude would be 'impossible' to manufacture for 360 resulting in PS3s disc format maintaining the advantage over the 360s.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"] wait what? 150gb is alot of content only the most die hard fanboy like you could try to make this seem like a bad thing but its most likely 1 blu ray and 2 dvds of extrastoast_burner

The content is irrelevant, it's still 3 discs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="Communistsheep"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]

Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin. Nidget

and 25 on the 360 if it was on the 360
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin. Communistsheep

Yeah but this is most likely the collectors edition
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Communistsheep"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]its theequivalent of 25 dvds thats like forza 3 times 25!

toast_burner

I don't care what it would be on the 360, it's still 3 discs, i'm not going to make something less negative simply because of your whole ''what IF'' arguement.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 santoron

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Nidget"] Who cares about the size of the content dude. The fact the game is on multiple discs (if true, i know its just a rumour) is the main point. Saying "oh oh bu bu we get loads more GB" is just spin. Communistsheep

How can the content be irrelevant? You're ignoring the most important part of the argument. If a game were to actually require multiple BluRays to ship, that would actually be a good argument For BluRay, not against it... because shipping a 20 DVD game simply would never happen. And why would a game that took 3 BluRays take 20 DVDs? Because of the amount of content each can hold.

But in my opinion the argument is moot, because the game does not have over 50 gb of content. Do you really think it does?

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Communistsheep"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]its theequivalent of 25 dvds thats like forza 3 times 25!

TintedEyes

So? It's still 3 discs.

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Communistsheep

santoron

How can the content be irrelevant? You're ignoring the most important part of the argument. If a game were to actually require multiple BluRays to ship, that would actually be a good argument For BluRay, not against it... because shipping a 20 DVD game simply would never happen. And why would a game that took 3 BluRays take 20 DVDs? Because of the amount of content each can hold.

But in my opinion the argument is moot, because the game does not have over 50 gb of content. Do you really think it does?

I don't care for the content, it's still 3 discs, i'm loving how nobody actually sees what i am taking about!
icorkmybat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 icorkmybat
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

It's much more likely that it's 1 blu-ray disc (the black clear plastic case), and 2 books/manuals (blue & red with white pages). One is probably an instruction manual and the other is probably a car info book or something along those lines.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Communistsheep"] The content is irrelevant, it's still 3 discs.Communistsheep

I don't care what it would be on the 360, it's still 3 discs, i'm not going to make something less negative simply because of your whole ''what IF'' arguement.

why does it matter if its on 3 disks when you get that much content?
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Nidget
[QUOTE="Communistsheep"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] and 25 on the 360 if it was on the 360toast_burner

Because you have to get off your chair and change the disc :o Big problem according to cows when we talk about games like Lost Odyssey etc. :roll:
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

Lol wtf, thats like 100GB + of content. PD must be holding something out :D. Maybe 1 disc has the most amazing, realistic and all round unbelivable AI, the 2nd has the godlike physics, and the 3rd has all the tracs and cars. And we will have to buy a "GT5 DiskPak" ala N64 just to shove all the stuff on our PS3 :D

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
Why would they have the packaging already 5 months before the game is out

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Communistsheep"]

Nidget

Because you have to get off your chair and change the disc :o Big problem according to cows when we talk about games like Lost Odyssey etc. :roll:

if lost odyssey was on the ps3 it would only be on one disk. if GT5 was on the 360 (and this rumor was true) it would be on around 25 disks whats worse having to get up to change disk 3 times or 25 times?

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="Communistsheep"] The content is irrelevant, it's still 3 discs.Communistsheep

So? It's still 3 discs.

So that means if I get the regular game it will be on only one disc.
chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

I like the box art. Very stylish :D
Tho the black, red and blue jewlcases shoving dont look that hot...

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

The 3rd disc contains video footage of Kaz and Kaz Harai sitting around laughing at Forza 3.

Nike_Air
In full 1080p HD
Nidget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Nidget

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]why does it matter if its on 3 disks when you get that much content?toast_burner

if lost odyssey was on the ps3 it would only be on one disk. if GT5 was on the 360 (and this rumor was true) it would be on around 25 disks whats worse having to get up to change disk 3 times or 25 times?

Whats worse is that the almighty blu ray isnt enough to save the cows from disc swapping :lol: (if true :wink: )
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AgentA-Mi6
Because you have to get off your chair and change the disc :o Big problem according to cows when we talk about games like Lost Odyssey etc. :roll:Nidget
People care about disc swapping? or Installs for that matter? all that talk was late 2007 and early 2008, time to move on floks.
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

From gtplanet: "The most curious thing, of course, is the fact that the packaging clearly contains three separate Blu-Ray cases-- one black, one red, and one blue. What could they be?"

One of those cases must contain the game itself, the others maybe making it a collectors edition. 200GB blu-ray PS3 compatible discs were made a while ago, so i doubt the game will be on three discs. :)

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Communistsheep
[QUOTE="Communistsheep"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"] and 25 on the 360 if it was on the 360toast_burner

Because i still have to swap discs, which i shouldn't have to.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Nidget"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]why does it matter if its on 3 disks when you get that much content?toast_burner

But GT5 isn't, so that arguement is moot.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Communistsheep
[QUOTE="Communistsheep"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"] Yeah but this is most likely the collectors editionTintedEyes

So? It's still 3 discs.

So that means if I get the regular game it will be on only one disc.

But it's still 3 discs, i don't care if it's optional, it's still 3 discs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"][QUOTE="Communistsheep"]

Communistsheep

but if it was any other console you would have to swap disks alot more so its still a victory for ps3 owners

Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Communistsheep
[QUOTE="Nidget"]Because you have to get off your chair and change the disc :o Big problem according to cows when we talk about games like Lost Odyssey etc. :roll:AgentA-Mi6
People care about disc swapping? or Installs for that matter? all that talk was late 2007 and early 2008, time to move on floks.

It's apparently enough for cows to get in arms about forza, yet when it comes to GT5, it's awwwright.
Communistsheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Communistsheep

[QUOTE="Communistsheep"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]why does it matter if its on 3 disks when you get that much content?toast_burner

but if it was any other console you would have to swap disks alot more so its still a victory for ps3 owners

But it isn't, so that doesn't matter, you cannot base an arguement on ''what if''
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 AgentA-Mi6

toast_burner

The real victory the Ps3 gets from BR is uncompressed audio, but anyway, your signature kills me, It just kills me everytime I see it :lol:

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Maybe one of the resons it's taking so long is that they were working on a "making of GT5" movie for the collector's edition. :P

Anthropology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Anthropology
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

kolkov01

or maybe they needed a 50 GB disc to hold all the notes they took off Forza 3 during last E3

lol nice one