Gamespot is biased LINK!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts
Read it here
But we knew this already didn't we?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
whatever...
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts
There is a difference between and accidental error and deliberately missguiding people.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

how is giving the games on the better system a higher score being biased?

IchigoKurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IchigoKurasaki
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts
its more the fact that they put down the PS3 score because of graphics issues because of stuff like missing shadows.

Now they have realised they accidentally ran the wrong time settings so therefore the 360 got shadows and the ps3 didn't, surely the score with the PS3 version needs to be reviewed a little bit, since one of the big gripes they had with it was actually in the game and worknig well
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
This thread will be ignored. It clashes with the lemmings "we've got better multyplats!".
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
Oh yes, I'm sure Gamespot deliberately didn't choose the only time in the game that actually gives shadows. :roll:

Edit: They have updated the comparison feature with new PS3 screenshots. The PS3 shots still look as lackluster as they did without the simple player shadowing now shown.
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kentaro22
Oh yes, I'm sure Gamespot deliberately didn't choose the only time in the game that actually gives shadows. :roll:

Edit: They have updated the comparison feature with new PS3 screenshots. The PS3 shots still look as lackluster as they did without the simple player shadowing now shown.
Raidea
The ONLY time that shadows DOESN'T show is 4:15 daytime, the rest HAS shadows. It seems deliberately to me.
Suyomizzle_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 Suyomizzle_
Member since 2005 • 1317 Posts
There is a difference between and accidental error and deliberately missguiding people.cakeorrdeath
Agreed. I am tired of websites and magazines being accused of being biased when we ignore the ones that really ARE biased or on payola. Payola being the most likely fate of any magazine or website that favors one system or developer over another, because I am sure that every Gamespot editor and staff member likes all the same stuff. Right?
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
The ONLY time that shadows DOESN'T show is 4:15 daytime, the rest HAS shadows. It seems deliberately to me.kentaro22

Hmm, well that is bit strange I agree.

However, the feature is updated, and if you take a look it really doesn't change the PS3 screenshots a lot.
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts
 Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
I'm not calling bias, but I am calling suspision. VF5 a 8.1?
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kentaro22
I really think that Gamespot has one of the most objective reviews out there. But they are still human and can be biased. Especially is easy being caught on the PS3 overall media bashing. I still do agree with most PS3 game reviews, but this here is a strange shadow and detail omision is most likely a slightly bisased review.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Read it here
-Reggaeton-

Very interesting post because I am still wondering how in gods name does PDZ score an AAA and RFOM which is clearly a better all around game offline and online then PDZ is and still didnt manage to get an AAA?

And who here has played Virtua Fighter 5 and DOA 4? Virtua Fighter 5 is alot more smoother and lookz way better then DOA 4 and yet DOA 4 still gets a higher score then Virtua Fighter 5, I mean there was no online but if u rate DOA 4 graphics Higher then Virtua Fighter 5, right der already shows me something is wrong because we all know that Virtua Fighter 5 is superior to DOA 4 in graphics.

And how does zelda not get an AAA for the wii. I swear this game in my mind was funner and better then any of the AAA titles that were given on the xbox 360, besides Oblivion but id still take it over it due to all the loading times n stuff on oblivion.

The way that gamespot is going, the ps3 wont ever get an AAA title with the way they rate games.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Read it here
-Reggaeton-
And they have this credibility on this forum because? I could go on a forum and post "Teh ps3 has teh lazerz thaat burns ur soul 4 j0o!11" Is it a conspiracy? :shock:
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Magical_Zebra

[QUOTE="deviates1080"] Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.Jandurin
Agreed. Everything on the PS3 deserves a 10, if not better. /thread

You lost all credibility when you said that. Not that you had any credibility in the first place. :shock:

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#19 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
I can't take any one seriously if they can't spell "tried."
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="deviates1080"] Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.Jandurin

You lost all credibility when you said that. Not that you had any credibility in the first place. :shock:

OMG! Not my credibility. My lack of credibility is as sure as your sarcasm detector is broken!

My sarcasm detector has been broken for....well.....all my life.  ;)

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"]Read it here
squallff8_fan

Very interesting post because I am still wondering how in gods name does PDZ score an AAA and RFOM which is clearly a better all around game offline and online then PDZ is and still didnt manage to get an AAA?

And who here has played Virtua Fighter 5 and DOA 4? Virtua Fighter 5 is alot more smoother and lookz way better then DOA 4 and yet DOA 4 still gets a higher score then Virtua Fighter 5, I mean there was no online but if u rate DOA 4 graphics Higher then Virtua Fighter 5, right der already shows me something is wrong because we all know that Virtua Fighter 5 is superior to DOA 4 in graphics.

And how does zelda not get an AAA for the wii. I swear this game in my mind was funner and better then any of the AAA titles that were given on the xbox 360, besides Oblivion but id still take it over it due to all the loading times n stuff on oblivion.

The way that gamespot is going, the ps3 wont ever get an AAA title with the way they rate games.

no just no.  I have both games and i'll tell you VF5 has the better character models but DOA4 has the better environments.  VF5 doesn't touch DOA4 graphically in the environments.  Also VF5 didn't change anything from VF4 so if its practically the same game as VF4 but with updated graphics then why rate VF5 as high as VF4.  VF5 is still a great game don't get me wrong but the fact it feels the same as VF4 tells me that this game was rated right.  maybe it should be an 8.5 but still there is practically nothing new from VF4 in the game plus online is a big factor nowadays.  Also PDZ was a year old game when Rfom came out.  Resistance's graphics are good but not the best and the textures in the environment dont' look as good as PDZ's.  Trust me i've played both.  I'm not saying PDZ deserved a 9 either.  Resistance doesn't reinvent the wheel either in the FPS genre.  Its the same type of FPS we played with Halo, Half-Life, etc. 
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
[QUOTE="deviates1080"] Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.Jandurin

and all versions Zelda Ocarina of time deserves a 10 or a 11:roll:
Kimahriii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kimahriii
Member since 2003 • 456 Posts
I knew Gamespot was biased when they gave RFOM less then a 9 when its one of the best shooters I ever played and has hands down some of the best graphics ever, I own both RFOM and GeOW and RFOM graphics are much better.
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts

I knew Gamespot was biased when they gave RFOM less then a 9 when its one of the best shooters I ever played and has hands down some of the best graphics ever, I own both RFOM and GeOW and RFOM graphics are much better. Kimahriii

roflcopter. Does that make IGN biased as well?

RFOM graphics: 8.5

GeOW graphics: 10

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
I knew Gamespot was biased when they gave RFOM less then a 9 when its one of the best shooters I ever played and has hands down some of the best graphics ever, I own both RFOM and GeOW and RFOM graphics are much better. Kimahriii
You have got to be kidding right. I own both and it is not even a close call. RFOM is fun, but your fanboyism is showing.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="Raidea"]Oh yes, I'm sure Gamespot deliberately didn't choose the only time in the game that actually gives shadows. :roll:

kentaro22
The ONLY time that shadows DOESN'T show is 4:15 daytime, the rest HAS shadows. It seems deliberately to me.

They did theirs at 1PM on both systems, not 4:15. 4:15 was the updated time that did produce shadows on the PS3
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
lol meh.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    And for the record, PDZ got AAA because it was a new "Next-Gen" game that wowed with its looks and Online Co-op. If it was released now, it would be low AA, I would count on it. GameSpot is not biased, but like everyone, they were wowed by the "flash" of PDZ and looked past its lack of substance.
haols

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 haols
Member since 2005 • 2348 Posts

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="deviates1080"] Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.Magical_Zebra

He can't have been serious can he?
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="deviates1080"] Of course they are. And so are all the other many sites that criticised the PS3 for any reason or didn't rate Resistance as highly as the Sony fanboys.haols

He can't have been serious can he?

He responded back in an earlier post saying he was being sarcastic. I advised that my sarcastice meter had been broken for awhile. ;)
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"] He responded back in an earlier post saying he was being sarcastic. I advised that my sarcastice meter had been broken for awhile. ;)

Well, to be fair, you implied it had never started working in the first place. :P

And to be fair, that Im being fair, thats why I stated he said he was being sarcastic. I was actually agreeing with him. :shock:
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Whether it was accidental or not, or whether GS is biased or not, the damage has been done. Even with the 'updated' correction, it doesn't change the fact that many people read the article at the time feeling that the 360 was performing better than the PS3.
A_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 A_zombie
Member since 2005 • 7385 Posts

The ones that are biased are the ones that calls it.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

[QUOTE="-Reggaeton-"]Read it here
squallff8_fan

RFoM probably should have gotten a higher score, personally I liked it alot, but the hype for it hurt it. It's also harder to compare a 2005 game, to a 06 game no matter what system it is on, technology has advanced.

IMHO and as an owner of both games I think DoA4 is just a better game overall. The enviorement interaction and ,not to beat a dead horse, but online play add an awful lot to the gameplay. VF5 characters may look a tiny bit better but the difference is nearly unnoticeable.

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
This thread once again, supports my statement.
Everytime a PS3 game flops, we receive a 'Gamespot is biased' thread.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
this is trolling, the thread should be closed and TC should be moderated for violating TOS
Dups79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Dups79
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
When reading their reviews or features I take in consideration what they are debating and I agree with them most of the time. They nit pick at the same things I and several other gamers do instead of giving it a blanket review. The game is purty and fun!..10!!! like other sites. I hate seeing site give a game a high score because it's a "popular" game and they would not want to offend poor widdle fanboy hearts!
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts
this is trolling, the thread should be closed and TC should be moderated for violating TOSmwa
But he's a cow, you can't moderate cows! Funny thing is, they cry about Gamespot being 'biased' yet they still constantly post on these forums. Odd.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts

squallff8_fan

Standards, a 9.0 2 years ago is not a 9.0 today.

squallff8_fan

If you had bothered to read Gamespot's review system FAQ you'd know that they don't compare games cross-platform. A 9.0 in graphics on one system does not equal a 9.0 in graphics from another system. And Virtua Fighter 5 got such a low score because it's essentially VF4.5.

squallff8_fan

There were other sites that actually rated Zelda lower than GS, and it was for the same reasons GS did.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

*sigh*

Of course GameSpot is biased. Theres no way that was a simple mistake. They just want to keep the Playstation 3 down. Every multiplatform game is automatically better because it's on the PS3, no matter what. :roll:

I'm really tired of people claiming GS is biased just because they don't agree with their point of view. You didn't see me running around here screaming "BIAS!" last year when they were bashing the 360's launch titles by comparing them to PS2 games.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Whether it was accidental or not, or whether GS is biased or not, the damage has been done. Even with the 'updated' correction, it doesn't change the fact that many people read the article at the time feeling that the 360 was performing better than the PS3.Pangster007

agreed. the damage has been done.

I'm not calling GS biased, but their PS3 reviews are really suspicious.

PDZ 9.0, Warioware 9.1, RFOM 8.6?
fanboyism aside, RFOM owns PDZ and Warioware. I'm sure even lemmings will agree with me on this one.

VF 5 8.1? the review was so funny, because his words did not support his score. he said "The Good:
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts
Hey they have a bias towards the system I love! thats great :D
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

If you need to make your point so bad that you link a badly spelled diatribe from some random guy on a forum  board why don't you just link us up a few from PS3_FTW?

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

Trolling is bad.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
I believe more gamespot than a bunch of fanboys forum
proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

Here is the full text in all of it's Bias GS owning glory...

"if you remember when gamespot did there camparison of the ps3, and the other system games,they tryed to state the the other system graphics of madden was better than the ps3, because of the stadium shadows that appear when you play. I played madden last night and i noticed the the ps3 version did have showdos and infact they where deeper and sharper than the other system version. The setting that puts shadows out, is when your playing in th 4:15 mode for the time of day.

so when gs did the comparisen they purposly put the 360 version on the 4:15 time of day mode and didnt for the ps3, there for making the shadows appear on the the 360 and not the ps3 version. I emailed them last night, telling them how bias they are and everything,and look what they did.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/p-3.html

they snuck in an update, like it was nothing. like people are actually reading this now. hahahahahahahaahahhahah then they state that you cant see the reebock symble on the ps3, when clearly when you look at the pic, you can see it right there.

i really belive ms has gamespot, on the money roll. i mean comparing rushed launch games to 2nd gen games, u have got to be kiding me, no wonder they gave full auto2 for a waaaay lower score than the gave the full auto for 360. we need to spread this.

also for the comparison, they refused to use hdmi cables for the games for ps3, and cod and fight night are plaing in 480p, they thought that the ps3 would upscale the game for thouse game but it didnt concidering thegames where created before the update to the sdk units devs have."

Here is the update that GS made to their BS comparison after this member exposed them on thier little trick...

"Madden 07

When we first looked at the comparison screenshots, we had to double check to make sure we had an identical 1 p.m. game time and clear-skies weather settings for both systems since the fields appeared very different. We booted up the game again and confirmed that the stadium wasn't casting any shadows on the field in the PlayStation 3 version. [Update: We just checked Madden 07 again. The 4:15 p.m. setting produces on-field shadows in the PS3 version.] The Xbox 360 had sharper textures on the character models in the close-up shots shown between plays. You can actually see the jersey material and the Reebok logo on the player in the Xbox 360 shot. One GameSpot editor did note that the PS3 jerseys looked better than the 360's while players were in motion. "

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts
If gamespot is so bias against sony why did the Metal gear series score so high?.......Answer: this thread fails, Anyone who claims Gamespot is biased is a cow who is blinded by the hype that is PS3.
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Um...Gamespot actually realized that they did it wrong, and edited it, stating their mistake and apologizing.